Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

The Trump Presidency

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 791792793794795 1094>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2019 at 10:06am
Oh come on Shammy.  We all know about the southern food which is so yummy.  I think you'll find some food here equally exciting.  Just depends on what you like.  Funny enough one of the best pizza's I've ever eaten was out at Coober Pedy in outback South Australia.  They mine Opals there and we spent the night in an underground hotel.  Wouldn't want to live there but worthy of a visit.

While one of the best italian meals I've had was in Roma in Queensland.  Not dear either but melt in your mouth food.  While on a recent trip had lovely Thai food in Cobar NSW.
ExceedAndExcel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2019 at 10:07am
Originally posted by Shammy Davis Shammy Davis wrote:

Originally posted by ExceedAndExcel ExceedAndExcel wrote:

Originally posted by stayer stayer wrote:

Originally posted by acacia alba acacia alba wrote:

Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

Some days I think it is even about the state of Australian roads Shammy LOL

Now that IS a good topic to discuss Thumbs Up  Our roads are goat tracks.Cry
Also great yank TV entertainment watching those road trains nautically circumnavigate your highways without sinking or requiring man overboard drills. "Outback Trucker" is right up there with the Weather Channel series about Canada's "Highway Thru Hell."

https://youtu.be/NokwepgrlpM

You should google Tom Kruse, Shammy - outback mailman of the war era. Great aussie story and plenty of stuff on youtube.
I am checking his Last mail from birdville site. Tough living in the outback. Been to a Outback Steakhouse here a couple times. Now I feel like Mrs Shammy and I should roll in dirt and mud to look the part before eating there again.

So much great food in the USA and you choose to go to a dumpy chain joint like Outback Steakhouse...... more than once.
Image result for laughing emoji gif

You are right. I can see why you would see it as nonsensical. Why would anyone want to eat at a dumpy chain restaurant immortilzing a primitive heathen 3rd world sparsely populated environment with no paved roads located on a yuuge island that uses goat trails to circumnavigate its coast? I guess the attraction was that it is called "Outback" and I knew even if the food sucked the primitive experience would be fun and we could at least drive to it on a paved road and park our pickup on a paved lot.

. .. Talk about a gastronomical pea brain!

Hold that thought. As the Chinese take more of an interest in OZ and your dietary needs are modified to noodles, dumpy red meat chain resturants might become a fleeting delight for the Ozzie taste buds and your desire for cut and ground meat might only be found in the grocery refrigeration aisle in boxes named Chung King or General Tsao. Pass the Soy Sauce mate.

We’ll deal with that if and when your delusions become reality. As it stands currently though the only dietary reality we have is that the USA has any manner of culinary delights yet your palate chooses poor quality garbage which you’re stupid enough to think is a high end experience. And you go back again and again. Gold!

OK. Ok. Where do you suggest we take out discriminating palates to eat here in the states if you think Outback doesn’t measure up?

You really don’t have any idea do you?

As I said, there are any number of fantastic food options. You are spoilt for choice. Take your pick but avoid chains are you will generally get rubbish. Not that you seem to care.
No. Give me some suggestions. Oh, please, I want to surprise Mrs Shammy with my culinary talents.

You don’t know how to use google either? I guess I’m not entirely surprised.

No idea where you are located and I’m certainly not going to bother searching for you. There are great places to eat in almost every town, often at almost every price range. I’m sure if you try really hard you’ll be able to find something suitable.

You want a good one that she will appreciate though? Take her to Napa for a significant anniversary/birthday and book a table at The French Laundry. You’re welcome.
We don't have either. Can't you come up with something else. Please. We are in central VA. Your are the expert on fine dining.

Suggest you read my post again. I’m not going to do a google search for you. I already gave you a great option for a significant celebration. That’s as good as you’re going to get. If you want one on the east coast go to Per Se. It’s on Columbus Circle in Manhattan. Same owner.
Shammy Davis View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shammy Davis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2019 at 12:20pm

Also great yank TV entertainment watching those road trains nautically circumnavigate your highways without sinking or requiring man overboard drills. "Outback Trucker" is right up there with the Weather Channel series about Canada's "Highway Thru Hell."

You should google Tom Kruse, Shammy - outback mailman of the war era. Great aussie story and plenty of stuff on youtube.
I am checking his Last mail from birdville site. Tough living in the outback. Been to a Outback Steakhouse here a couple times. Now I feel like Mrs Shammy and I should roll in dirt and mud to look the part before eating there again.

So much great food in the USA and you choose to go to a dumpy chain joint like Outback Steakhouse...... more than once.

You are right. I can see why you would see it as nonsensical. Why would anyone want to eat at a dumpy chain restaurant immortilzing a primitive heathen 3rd world sparsely populated environment with no paved roads located on a yuuge island that uses goat trails to circumnavigate its coast? I guess the attraction was that it is called "Outback" and I knew even if the food sucked the primitive experience would be fun and we could at least drive to it on a paved road and park our pickup on a paved lot.

Hold that thought. As the Chinese take more of an interest in OZ and your dietary needs are modified to noodles, dumpy red meat chain resturants might become a fleeting delight for the Ozzie taste buds and your desire for cut and ground meat might only be found in the grocery refrigeration aisle in boxes named Chung King or General Tsao. Pass the Soy Sauce mate.

We’ll deal with that if and when your delusions become reality. As it stands currently though the only dietary reality we have is that the USA has any manner of culinary delights yet your palate chooses poor quality garbage which you’re stupid enough to think is a high end experience. And you go back again and again. Gold!

OK. Ok. Where do you suggest we take out discriminating palates to eat here in the states if you think Outback doesn’t measure up?

As I said, there are any number of fantastic food options. You are spoilt for choice. Take your pick but avoid chains are you will generally get rubbish. Not that you seem to care.
No. Give me some suggestions. Oh, please, I want to surprise Mrs Shammy with my culinary talents.

No idea where you are located and I’m certainly not going to bother searching for you. There are great places to eat in almost every town, often at almost every price range. I’m sure if you try really hard you’ll be able to find something suitable.

You want a good one that she will appreciate though? Take her to Napa for a significant anniversary/birthday and book a table at The French Laundry. You’re welcome.
We don't have either. Can't you come up with something else. Please. We are in central VA. Your are the expert on fine dining.

Suggest you read my post again. I’m not going to do a google search for you. I already gave you a great option for a significant celebration. That’s as good as you’re going to get. If you want one on the east coast go to Per Se. It’s on Columbus Circle in Manhattan. Same owner.

Oh come on. You denigrate our dining choices making us look stupid and then you can't google us reasonable culinary choices nearby that upgrades our palates. All we get is don't go to a chain restaurant. You are such a disappointment for a supposely informed food critic. Sounds to me like you are a phony and you don't know what you are talking about.
Shammy Davis View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shammy Davis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2019 at 12:35pm
Originally posted by furious furious wrote:

Oh come on Shammy.  We all know about the southern food which is so yummy.  I think you'll find some food here equally exciting.  Just depends on what you like.  Funny enough one of the best pizza's I've ever eaten was out at Coober Pedy in outback South Australia.  They mine Opals there and we spent the night in an underground hotel.  Wouldn't want to live there but worthy of a visit.

While one of the best italian meals I've had was in Roma in Queensland.  Not dear either but melt in your mouth food.  While on a recent trip had lovely Thai food in Cobar NSW.

Thanks. Southern cuisines are the best, just as you suggest. Crab cakes, barbecue, seafood, all are great.
If we make it to OZ I will be sure to have you as my dining guide, your daughter as our tour guide, and probably make sure AA is along to insure we visit the best pubs. We might even get her to buy a few rounds.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2019 at 12:56pm
   Shammy :- Thanks. Southern cuisines are the best, just as you suggest. Crab cakes, barbecue, seafood, all are great.
If we make it to OZ I will be sure to have you as my dining guide, your daughter as our tour guide, and probably make sure AA is along to insure we visit the best pubs. We might even get her to buy a few rounds.

QUOTE:-      Make sure you bring some electricity with you Shammy . & some Petrol.        > Your budget will suffer big time if you don't.
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2019 at 1:24pm
Oh maccamx you can't blame him for not knowing how big a country we are and that I mentioned places in country Australia.  That's just not fair.  Don't get the electricity point - you've lost me there.  You do know they don't understand how far Winx has to travel to match it with the best in other states of Australia.  They have a huge country also but we are so far away that we are just a blip on the map. 

One of the arguments against Winx greatness which crops up in America is she's never travelled.  I've got her at well over 10,000 kilometres in travel.  Not bad in anyone's language.  But Shammy my eatery's (for want of a better word) are all over  the place.  Just saying you can find good food everywhere.

Just because he sticks up for his president doesn't make him the same as Trump.  Anymore than I'm like JFK although he was my idol as a teenager. 
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2019 at 1:24pm

Oh come on. You denigrate our dining choices making us look stupid and then you can't google us reasonable culinary choices nearby that upgrades our palates. All we get is don't go to a chain restaurant. You are such a disappointment for a supposely informed food critic. Sounds to me like you are a phony and you don't know what you are talking about.

I didn’t make you look stupid. You did that all by yourself when you tried to make some crack about Outback Steakhouse. Of course you didn’t think it through to realise that telling us you have been there multiple occasions would be a side-splitter we’re unlikely to forget in a hurry. I can just imagine the thrill Mrs Shammy would be feeling when you turn out of your driveway and she realises where you’re taking her for the surprise birthday dinner. I’d love to see the look on her face some time!

Now, I gave you two excellent choices (one of which I have been to) for a special occasion and you were lucky to get that. I’ve already pointed you in the right direction so it’s up to you if you want to do that or continue going to Outback Steakhouse.

I could give you plenty more examples of good places I’ve been to over there (and a few shockers too) but why would I?Ever heard the saying “never wise up a chump”? This is a perfect example. Why would I want to wise you up when you’re so happy to tell us the hilarious places you like to eat? Like your other self-inflicted comedy routines, this one will be a gift that keeps on giving.
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2019 at 1:29pm
Just to be fair Exceed and Excel plenty of chains have good and bad ones with the same food but very different quality.  We found that in Canada when we loved a place at banff and found the one at Whistler only alright!  And were warned against the one in Victoria.  Good on the run holiday food at one but excellent at another.  Did have some lovely Indian food in Whistler though!
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2019 at 1:35pm

Just to be fair Exceed and Excel plenty of chains have good and bad ones with the same food but very different quality.  We found that in Canada when we loved a place at banff and found the one at Whistler only alright!  And were warned against the one in Victoria.  Good on the run holiday food at one but excellent at another.  Did have some lovely Indian food in Whistler though!

Agree. There are definitely different levels of chains. Not all created equally. Bagging Outback Steakhouse (justifiably) while in the same sentence admitting going there multiple times is a definite LOLZ moment though.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2019 at 1:36pm

Oh maccamx you can't blame him for not knowing how big a country we are and that I mentioned places in country Australia.  That's just not fair.  Don't get the electricity point - you've lost me there.  You do know they don't understand how far Winx has to travel to match it with the best in other states of Australia.  They have a huge country also but we are so far away that we are just a blip on the map. 

One of the arguments against Winx greatness which crops up in America is she's never travelled.  I've got her at well over 10,000 kilometres in travel.  Not bad in anyone's language.  But Shammy my eatery's (for want of a better word) are all over  the place.  Just saying you can find good food everywhere.

Just because he sticks up for his president doesn't make him the same as Trump.  Anymore than I'm like JFK although he was my idol as a teenager. 

ELECTRICITY ?????   furious.      >   That's the stuff our Governments are torturing & killing off the aged and infirm without.
    The Poor can't afford to turn it on in this Sunburnt, Freezing , Flooded ,Bushfire ravaged Continent.    So they die.

Now you be nice to Shammy ...    Understand, we are depending on his people to keep their Armed presence in the South Pacific ,   or we get swallowed by China.     If that happens your postal address will be Cobar or Birdsville.   Growing Rice.    
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2019 at 2:12pm
Oh maccamax.  I'm aware of troubles.  I not rich or even retired.  Have a son out of work and another son in law fighting illness with little assistance although that has finally improved.  I wan't our government to work to get Australia working again and not sending everything overseas to be done.  I don't like the way they sell everything and then blame each other when things go wrong.  I don't like the way Trump treats people but that doesn't mean we have to be arrogant either.  All I was saying was come and see Australia.  Fair enough.  Any racing lover would love to see Winx so come and do it.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2019 at 3:14pm

Oh maccamax.  I'm aware of troubles.  I not rich or even retired.  Have a son out of work and another son in law fighting illness with little assistance although that has finally improved.  I wan't our government to work to get Australia working again and not sending everything overseas to be done.  I don't like the way they sell everything and then blame each other when things go wrong.  I don't like the way Trump treats people but that doesn't mean we have to be arrogant either.  All I was saying was come and see Australia.  Fair enough.  Any racing lover would love to see Winx so come and do it.

Are you interested in a "sugar daddy"   
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2019 at 3:37pm
No need have a wonderful man already
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2019 at 3:40pm

No need have a wonderful man already

Whata Mistaka Tomaka...     Your a good sport Furious.

Isaac soloman View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Isaac soloman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2019 at 3:58pm

‘MAGA teen’ Nick Sandmann launches $350 million defamation suit against The Washington Post

A “MAGA hat” wearing teenager who was falsely accused of harassing a Native American activist has launched a $350 million defamation case.

An American teenager who was falsely accused of harassing a Native American activist while wearing a “Make America Great Again” hat has launched a $US250 million defamation case against The Washington Post.

The complaint was filed in the US District Court for the Eastern District of Kentucky on Tuesday by prominent defamation lawyer L. Lin Wood on behalf of Covington Catholic high school student Nick Sandmann. It is expected to be the first of many.

“In order to fully compensate Nicholas for his damages and to punish, deter, and teach the Post a lesson it will never forget, this action seeks money damages in excess of $US250 million ($AU350 million) — the amount Jeff Bezos, the world’s richest person, paid in cash for the Post when his company, Nash Holdings, purchased the newspaper in 2013,” the complaint reads.

Kristine Coratti Kelly, vice president of communications at The Washington Post, said in an emailed statement, “We are reviewing a copy of the lawsuit and we plan to mount a vigorous defence.”

https://www.news.com.au/finance/business/media/maga-teen-nick-sandmann-launches-350-million-defamation-suit-against-the-washington-post/news-story/9b03241c5765c06ccb4cf16462638a80

Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2019 at 4:02pm
Poor little pearl clutching MAGA pussy.

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Isaac soloman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2019 at 4:22pm
if you bothered to watch and read this piece you may actually think there is hope for humanity as displayed by these young folk.

certainly the adults put on a disgusting display.

Furious may find some hope after all.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2019 at 4:29pm
Trump's war on Bezos has nothing to do with this I am sure.

As for watching it or reading it, it was done to death here a fortnight ago, mostly in very large pink.
I didn't comment on it then, but didn't believe the young men with the MAGA hats were victims and the WaPo report damaged them to the value of $350m
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2019 at 5:06pm
Originally posted by Isaac soloman Isaac soloman wrote:

if you bothered to watch and read this piece you may actually think there is hope for humanity as displayed by these young folk.

certainly the adults put on a disgusting display.

Furious may find some hope after all.

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Isaac soloman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2019 at 5:12pm

As for watching it or reading it, it was done to death here a fortnight ago, mostly in very large pink.
I didn't comment on it then, but didn't believe the young men with the MAGA hats were victims and the WaPo report damaged them to the value of $350m

so, you already knew the outcome, the indigenous person was lying his a@se off, the other adults were yelling really derogatory stuff

and the young people were getting an "education" on how NOT to behave?

you are pi@@ed because you piled in with the derogatory stuff didnt you pt.

no where to hide pt.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Isaac soloman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2019 at 5:14pm
Done to death?

like this thread?
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2019 at 5:33pm

so, you already knew the outcome, the indigenous person was lying his a@se off, the other adults were yelling really derogatory stuff

and the young people were getting an "education" on how NOT to behave?

you are pi@@ed because you piled in with the derogatory stuff didnt you pt.

no where to hide pt.

I didn't comment because I am not interested in yours and Doc's fake culture wars Isaac. Same with the one Doc tried to fire up yesterday. Sorry to disappoint. Sleepy
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2019 at 5:34pm

Done to death?

like this thread?

And yet, here you are as it surges towards 800 pages. Embarrassed
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Isaac soloman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2019 at 5:40pm
fake?

sums this whole thread up doesnt it pt?

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Isaac soloman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2019 at 5:42pm
you would Have to agree that it  is more serious than american food and eating habits 

and state of the roads?

pt?

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2019 at 5:48pm
Possibly, but only just. Shammy is happy to have any deflection at all from the Mr Mueller nightmare. 

#MAGA
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2019 at 5:56pm

... the indigenous person was lying his a@se off, the other adults were yelling really derogatory stuff

Sorry Isaac, you may have missed the fact that the comments by the indigenous American have been entirely vindicated.  

ps he didn't identify this young complainant as the cause/source of his anger and disappointment.

pss legal process will decide if and to what if any extent the young fellow was defamed by a particular newspaper.

psss please get it right for a change.  Wacko
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Isaac soloman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2019 at 6:08pm
Have you seen the video sc? he didnt identify the young person, perhaps,  but others came to the conclusion. 

vindicated? the indigenous american is proved to be lying.
get it right? according to you? 

joke. 

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Isaac soloman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2019 at 6:11pm
or was he vindicated because it was shown he wasnt quite "there"?
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2019 at 6:12pm
To be precise, there was no finding that the Indigenous American was "lying his a@se off".

If the reverse was true the student's lawyers would also be suing the indigenous person or indeed the Nations rather than just the Washington Post.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 791792793794795 1094>