Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

The Trump Presidency

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 790791792793794 1094>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2019 at 6:18pm
Geez now we have randoms attacking the only guy living in the US on this thread for being a typical ignorant, arrogant American etc while recounting stories about hanging out with other Aussies in London, probably at those embarrassing Aussie themed pubs.

Back to Russia and Stormy. (Glad you checked out the Tom Kruse story, Shammy. And I like steak too. )

What a load of dressmakers, seriously.
rusty nails View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote rusty nails Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2019 at 6:57pm
There's poor old stayer confused again.

I wasn't accusing anyone of being arrogant.

More feeble minded,and gullible,and clueless about what's going on around them.

Although I do agree it is arrogant for someone from overseas to go on an Australian site and make demeaning comments such as
"a primitive heathen 3rd world sparsely populated environment with no paved roads located on a yuuge island that uses goat trails to circumnavigate its coast"

It's like all he knows about Australia is what he saw when he watched crocodile Dundee.....
Redemption View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Redemption Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2019 at 7:01pm
Originally posted by rusty nails rusty nails wrote:

There's poor old stayer confused again.

I wasn't accusing anyone of being arrogant.

More feeble minded,and gullible,and clueless about what's going on around them.

Although I do agree it is arrogant for someone from overseas to go on an Australian site and make demeaning comments such as
"a primitive heathen 3rd world sparsely populated environment with no paved roads located on a yuuge island that uses goat trails to circumnavigate its coast"

It's like all he knows about Australia is what he saw when he watched crocodile Dundee.....

LOL. Great post Rusty.
Clap
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2019 at 8:19pm
I'm confused on so many levels.
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2019 at 8:20pm
Originally posted by stayer stayer wrote:

Geez now we have randoms attacking the only guy living in the US on this thread for being a typical ignorant, arrogant American etc while recounting stories about hanging out with other Aussies in London, probably at those embarrassing Aussie themed pubs.

Back to Russia and Stormy. (Glad you checked out the Tom Kruse story, Shammy. And I like steak too. )

What a load of dressmakers, seriously.

cringeworthy post, even by your standards Embarrassed
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2019 at 9:11pm
Lol
Shammy Davis View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shammy Davis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2019 at 12:38am
Originally posted by ExceedAndExcel ExceedAndExcel wrote:

Originally posted by Shammy Davis Shammy Davis wrote:

Originally posted by acacia alba acacia alba wrote:

Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

Some days I think it is even about the state of Australian roads Shammy LOL

Now that IS a good topic to discuss Thumbs Up  Our roads are goat tracks.Cry
Also great yank TV entertainment watching those road trains nautically circumnavigate your highways without sinking or requiring man overboard drills. "Outback Trucker" is right up there with the Weather Channel series about Canada's "Highway Thru Hell."

https://youtu.be/NokwepgrlpM

You should google Tom Kruse, Shammy - outback mailman of the war era. Great aussie story and plenty of stuff on youtube.
I am checking his Last mail from birdville site. Tough living in the outback. Been to a Outback Steakhouse here a couple times. Now I feel like Mrs Shammy and I should roll in dirt and mud to look the part before eating there again.

So much great food in the USA and you choose to go to a dumpy chain joint like Outback Steakhouse...... more than once.
Image result for laughing emoji gif

You are right. I can see why you would see it as nonsensical. Why would anyone want to eat at a dumpy chain restaurant immortilzing a primitive heathen 3rd world sparsely populated environment with no paved roads located on a yuuge island that uses goat trails to circumnavigate its coast? I guess the attraction was that it is called "Outback" and I knew even if the food sucked the primitive experience would be fun and we could at least drive to it on a paved road and park our pickup on a paved lot.

. .. Talk about a gastronomical pea brain!

Hold that thought. As the Chinese take more of an interest in OZ and your dietary needs are modified to noodles, dumpy red meat chain resturants might become a fleeting delight for the Ozzie taste buds and your desire for cut and ground meat might only be found in the grocery refrigeration aisle in boxes named Chung King or General Tsao. Pass the Soy Sauce mate.

maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2019 at 12:59am
You have this dive worked out Shammy.

The bulk of the population can't afford red meat , Air conditioning , The "free" health is out of reach , unless your a Pensioner and can find a Bulk Biller.    . Usually they don't speak good English.
Our gene pool is boosted by importing the Worlds insanity.     . For proof of that , just read the TBV lefties verbal Diarrhoea.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shammy Davis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2019 at 1:18am

. . . Although I do agree it is arrogant for someone from overseas to go on an Australian site and make demeaning comments such as

And all you know about we yanks is a trip to CA? Stopping at small town diners and probably worrying if our paved roads melt like yours? Or better yet, your experiences in one of London's Ozzie theme pubs near an art school attended by yanks? Or maybe you honestly believe everything PT disparaginglying posts about the states and our system of government. This thread appears to be 792 pages of the pot calling the kettle black. Don't be so thinned skinned.

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shammy Davis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2019 at 1:29am
Originally posted by maccamax maccamax wrote:

You have this dive worked out Shammy.

The bulk of the population can't afford red meat , Air conditioning , The "free" health is out of reach , unless your a Pensioner and can find a Bulk Biller.    . Usually they don't speak good English.
Our gene pool is boosted by importing the Worlds insanity.     . For proof of that , just read the TBV lefties verbal Diarrhoea.

I am glued to the TV when Crocodile Dundee and Outback Trucker reruns are on. Very informative stuff.

I was reading the other day about an Australian Cult Leader who sees visions in toilets. Couldn't help but wonder if PT was one of his followers and that is where he is getting his erroroneous facts about the states.
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2019 at 1:42am
No Shammy, PT's not a follower ... he was one of the VISIONS!Embarrassed
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shammy Davis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2019 at 3:36am
Originally posted by Dr E Dr E wrote:

No Shammy, PT's not a follower ... he was one of the VISIONS!Embarrassed

Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2019 at 7:44am
Shinzo Abe nominates Trump for Nobel Peace Prize ... after Trump asks him to.Tongue
An honest politician is one who when he is bought will stay bought.

Simon Cameron

Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2019 at 7:46am

. . . Although I do agree it is arrogant for someone from overseas to go on an Australian site and make demeaning comments such as

And all you know about we yanks is a trip to CA? Stopping at small town diners and probably worrying if our paved roads melt like yours? Or better yet, your experiences in one of London's Ozzie theme pubs near an art school attended by yanks? Or maybe you honestly believe everything PT disparaginglying posts about the states and our system of government. This thread appears to be 792 pages of the pot calling the kettle black. Don't be so thinned skinned.

Can you show me where I have been disparaging to your country?

And none of your dishonest ''criticizing our criminal kleptocrat fake President and all the 'best peiopl' he surrounded himself with, is criticizing the country crap''. I know it is all you have but so #SAD.

Take your time.Wink
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2019 at 7:51am
Your best person Roger J Stone R.F.(rat f*cker) is in a bit of strife Shammy.

His grovelling ''please dont lock me up Judge Berman, I was talking about another judge that looks like you and has the same name doesn't seem to have worked well for him.LOL.

Doesn't sound like someone prepared to go to prison for Teflon Don, 

ExceedAndExcel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2019 at 8:48am

Also great yank TV entertainment watching those road trains nautically circumnavigate your highways without sinking or requiring man overboard drills. "Outback Trucker" is right up there with the Weather Channel series about Canada's "Highway Thru Hell."

You should google Tom Kruse, Shammy - outback mailman of the war era. Great aussie story and plenty of stuff on youtube.
I am checking his Last mail from birdville site. Tough living in the outback. Been to a Outback Steakhouse here a couple times. Now I feel like Mrs Shammy and I should roll in dirt and mud to look the part before eating there again.

So much great food in the USA and you choose to go to a dumpy chain joint like Outback Steakhouse...... more than once.

You are right. I can see why you would see it as nonsensical. Why would anyone want to eat at a dumpy chain restaurant immortilzing a primitive heathen 3rd world sparsely populated environment with no paved roads located on a yuuge island that uses goat trails to circumnavigate its coast? I guess the attraction was that it is called "Outback" and I knew even if the food sucked the primitive experience would be fun and we could at least drive to it on a paved road and park our pickup on a paved lot.

Hold that thought. As the Chinese take more of an interest in OZ and your dietary needs are modified to noodles, dumpy red meat chain resturants might become a fleeting delight for the Ozzie taste buds and your desire for cut and ground meat might only be found in the grocery refrigeration aisle in boxes named Chung King or General Tsao. Pass the Soy Sauce mate.

We’ll deal with that if and when your delusions become reality. As it stands currently though the only dietary reality we have is that the USA has any manner of culinary delights yet your palate chooses poor quality garbage which you’re stupid enough to think is a high end experience. And you go back again and again. Gold!
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2019 at 9:01am

The State of America's Roads

https://www.busbud.com/blog/the-state-of-americas-roads/

Some interesting reading there.Wink
An honest politician is one who when he is bought will stay bought.

Simon Cameron

Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2019 at 9:19am
Terrible insult, sparsely populated country LOL, so many countries around the world would love to have that problem.

Hey goose, if the density of population is a measure of a countries worth why don't you let in 700 million more people, get up to a billion.

Does that mean China is the best because they have the largest population Confused
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2019 at 9:34am
Originally posted by Tlazolteotl Tlazolteotl wrote:

Infrastructure Week isn't far away. Should be right after Shark Week. 
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2019 at 10:23am
Look as a child I read 1000 days in the White House and idolised J F K.  He certainly had issues also which were not in the book.  Australia and the USA have had plenty of ties particularly during World War II where we each worked together so well.  

We do have dirt roads but we also have highways in the middle of no where.  Drove on one in WA without seeing a car for about an hour!  There is the vast interior here where practically no one lives due to the extremes that they face out there.  So we are basically a coastal people.  I'm based on the outskirts of Sydney.  Too far from the coast as we don't get the sea breezes.  So our temperature range from minis degrees in Winter to sometimes above 45 degrees in summer.  But over the mountains it can be far worst.  Australia can knock us all about but we love her anyway.

Same with you and the USA.  It's your home.  I'm not knocking your home or even your countrymen.  We are outside looking in and that is always very intrusive if we don't agree with you.  I'm questioning one thing that you don't need and shouldn't want.  A wall.  Question yourself about why it is necessary.  Haven't they found tunnels through which the drug runners bring in drugs.  Boats and Americans being drug runners.  A Wall won't stop that.  It will stop desperate people who need help.  We just caught a big haul of drugs in the USA coming to Australia.  Thank heavens our authorities worked together and stopped them.

We have plenty of the same issues here.  We are all different and want things to stay the same.  It seems that is something which just can't happen anymore.  The world is changing - for whatever reason and we have to change with it to survive.  Hiding away and protecting ourselves has never worked.  It's only weakened from within.  I don't know how to help the world or my own country either.  So I'll just keep on recycling or reusing plastic products.  Turning off power points when not in use.  Avoiding killing insects - except a mossie biting me!  Encouraging bees.  Recycling paper.  And teaching my family not to judge outsiders before they know them.  Some are good, some are bad but they all are different and deserve our time and effort to get to know them.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shammy Davis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2019 at 10:58am

We’ll deal with that if and when your delusions become reality. As it stands currently though the only dietary reality we have is that the USA has any manner of culinary delights yet your palate chooses poor quality garbage which you’re stupid enough to think is a high end experience. And you go back again and again. Gold!

OK. Ok. Where do you suggest we take out discriminating palates to eat here in the states if you think Outback doesn’t measure up?
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2019 at 11:03am
Visit Shammy.  The USA is visited by most travelling Australians sometime in their life.  Australia is so far away but even just to see the racing here would be interesting for you.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shammy Davis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2019 at 11:03am
Originally posted by Tlazolteotl Tlazolteotl wrote:

https://www.news.com.au/technology/environment/roads-melt-as-heatwave-escalates-across-parts-of-australia/news-story/ea23d38d583ccafa24c6a42b9574b06f

Same as every year dating back 2013. When it is melting roads, not traffic jams, bringing cars to a stop maybe it is time to look at your own government, not the USA.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2019 at 11:04am

OK. Ok. Where do you suggest we take out discriminating palates to eat here in the states if you think Outback doesn’t measure up?

You really don’t have any idea do you?

As I said, there are any number of fantastic food options. You are spoilt for choice. Take your pick but avoid chains are you will generally get rubbish. Not that you seem to care.
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2019 at 11:18am
It's amazing but bad news sells.  Hense you know the worst about Australia and we get Trump mania.  For every thing you read that's bad there is a good story which may not be reported.  Like people jumping into a burning truck to drag the driver out before it explodes.  People working together so that during a flood people and their animals are all rescued.  Something which happens in your country also.  When the worst is thrown at us people step up.  It's only a few who go the other way.  Most want to help.  Makes life easier knowing there are so many selfless caring people still out there.  Roads melting are in the outback due to extreme temperatures.  Our city roads can be good or bad just like everywhere.

Visit are have a great holiday.  You could even get to see Winx if you make it quick enough.  I have a daughter who is a tour guide.  She meets lovely USA people everyday so just join the throng and visit.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shammy Davis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2019 at 11:21am
Originally posted by furious furious wrote:

Visit Shammy.  The USA is visited by most travelling Australians sometime in their life.  Australia is so far away but even just to see the racing here would be interesting for you.
I would love to. We might. Getting up in age so traveling that distance would be a challenge for us from our east coast. I watch some Australian racing on our TVG channel.

Thanks for the invitation.

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shammy Davis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2019 at 11:26am

As I said, there are any number of fantastic food options. You are spoilt for choice. Take your pick but avoid chains are you will generally get rubbish. Not that you seem to care.
No. Give me some suggestions. Oh, please, I want to surprise Mrs Shammy with my culinary talents.
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2019 at 11:27am
Yes I understand that challenge.  The last trip we made (to Canada) made me want to rethink long travel.  But the holiday was great so maybe not.  
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2019 at 11:41am

No. Give me some suggestions. Oh, please, I want to surprise Mrs Shammy with my culinary talents.

You don’t know how to use google either? I guess I’m not entirely surprised.

No idea where you are located and I’m certainly not going to bother searching for you. There are great places to eat in almost every town, often at almost every price range. I’m sure if you try really hard you’ll be able to find something suitable.

You want a good one that she will appreciate though? Take her to Napa for a significant anniversary/birthday and book a table at The French Laundry. You’re welcome.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shammy Davis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2019 at 12:00pm

You don’t know how to use google either? I guess I’m not entirely surprised.

No idea where you are located and I’m certainly not going to bother searching for you. There are great places to eat in almost every town, often at almost every price range. I’m sure if you try really hard you’ll be able to find something suitable.

You want a good one that she will appreciate though? Take her to Napa for a significant anniversary/birthday and book a table at The French Laundry. You’re welcome.
We don't have either. Can't you come up with something else. Please. We are in central VA. Your are the expert on fine dining.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 790791792793794 1094>