Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

The Trump Presidency

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 757758759760761 1094>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2019 at 9:32pm
As I remember it everyone took the mickey out of Trump pre-election about building the wall platform. "Yeah sure he will" - was the general comment from his detractors when he actually got in. Now he is REALLY wanting to build it they have all got googy egg on their faces ! 
Refer ALP Election Promises
scamanda View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote scamanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2019 at 9:33pm
Originally posted by rusty nails rusty nails wrote:

So, we parade these Angel parents all around the country( I note coincidentally, they’ve all met the idiot) to use their grief for political ends.
And gold star parents who don’t toe the line are publicly mocked by our dear leader...

And idiot who has more money that you will ever have.
An idiot who was elected President of the US. Unlike you.

Wow what an idiot Trump must be.LOL
I started with nothing and still have most of it left
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2019 at 9:36pm

Trump claims support from past presidents for the wall: Clinton, Bush and Obama beg to differ

President Donald Trump claimed without evidence on Friday that past presidents have privately confided to him that they regret not building a wall along the U.S.-Mexico border.

But at least three of the four living U.S. presidents — Bill Clinton, George W. Bush and Barack Obama — did no such thing.

Asked if Clinton told Trump that he should have built a border wall, Clinton spokesman Angel Ureña said, “He did not. In fact, they’ve not talked since the inauguration.”

Bush spokesman Freddy Ford also said the two men had not discussed the matter. And Obama, for his part, has not spoken with Trump since his inauguration, except for a brief exchange at George H.W. Bush’s funeral in Washington, D.C.

Obama has consistently blasted Trump’s pledge to build a border wall. “Suggesting that we can build an endless wall along our borders, and blame our challenges on immigrants — that doesn’t just run counter to our history as the world’s melting pot, it contradicts the evidence that our growth and our innovation and our dynamism has always been spurred by our ability to attract strivers from every corner of the globe,” he said in 2016.

oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2019 at 9:37pm
Originally posted by oneonesit oneonesit wrote:

As I remember it everyone took the mickey out of Trump pre-election about building the wall platform. "Yeah sure he will" - was the general comment from his detractors when he actually got in. Now he is REALLY wanting to build it they have all got googy egg on their faces ! 
I'm tempted to troll through 760 pages & find some of those comments - I know they are there. Couldn't be bothered - I'll let Whale do it instead
scamanda View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scamanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2019 at 9:37pm

It's not like "the wall" is Trumps idea though Oneone.
The wall/barrier/fence has been under construction for decades.
Trump has been erecting it for months. And some of it is being upgraded.

The guy in the video said it used to be a ringlock fence?LOL Crikey even goats get through that sh!t.
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2019 at 9:38pm
Is PT sick ?
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2019 at 9:40pm
Originally posted by scamanda scamanda wrote:

Originally posted by rusty nails rusty nails wrote:

So, we parade these Angel parents all around the country( I note coincidentally, they’ve all met the idiot) to use their grief for political ends.
And gold star parents who don’t toe the line are publicly mocked by our dear leader...

And idiot who has more money that you will ever have.
An idiot who was elected President of the US. Unlike you.

Wow what an idiot Trump must be.LOL

An idiot but a very sly, devious manipulative bullying one. Of course the people who were taken in by him and lent him money to save his many failures in business are bigger idiots as are tthe Apprentice fans who are now Trumpers Confused

If he invested the money he inherited in the stock market he would be much richer than he is, so much for a financial genius LOL
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2019 at 9:42pm

Is PT sick ?

no he said my apprenticeship is over, time for me to jump in the deep end on my own LOL
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2019 at 9:42pm

Originally posted by stayer stayer wrote:

Originally posted by marble marble wrote:

Angel Moms in the US loading up against Nancy and her state.

2020, Nancy's party will be blown out of the election.

MSM back Democrats, main stream Americans back Trump.

I bet PT, marble. Whale, Rusty etc won't even watch this video.
It's just over 13 minutes of your life, and the Angel Moms are there for about 6 minutes.
But your bias against Trump still prevents you from facing the facts, even for 13 minutes.

i watched it scamanda and it is awful what has happened to their families. but will a wall stop that?
Well according to the real experts who work in border security YES. BUt you don't like that answer because PT didn't give it to you.
Use Google search.

What i don't understand is the sudden change in attitude over there to illegals. Hasn't the average american business owner ( hotels , bars, farms ) relied on illegal cheap labour? if the figures are correct there is about 10 million illegals out of a poplulation of 325 million. That's a big chunk of the workforce working for peanuts. 9% of texas' and californias workers are illegal!
makes me think a few might have been let in or at least allowed to stay

That's the only real talking point. Why is it suddenly a "crisis" etc? You could say it has been a crisis for a while, you could say that Trump is cynically using a minor issue to appeal to his base, or you could just make it easy and say something should be done that won't cost much apart from pride.
All the "walls don't work" stuff is rubbish.

When Obama was a senator he voted for a barrier to be built. 
When he was elected President he was given money to build the barrier. 
And he did build some. 
Trump called him out for not building the entire wall and he was elected on that. 
That is his mandate.

Now the Democrats are playing politics over pocket change.
Pretty simple stuff.

Yup. It's ridiculous. But the current Dems are the most ridicul-able bunch imaginable.
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2019 at 9:44pm
Originally posted by Whale Whale wrote:

Is PT sick ?

no he said my apprenticeship is over, time for me to jump in the deep end on my own LOL

LOL! Go Whale! You can do it!
scamanda View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scamanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2019 at 9:46pm
Whale using Politico. His credibility just plummeted.

Politico said they didn't vote for a WALL. 

But did Obama say barrier? You betcha last nut they did. And he build the bastard.

And I said "barrier" but Whale uses a post from a leftwing article saying WALL. Credibility GONE.Dead

stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2019 at 9:48pm

Whale using Politico. His credibility just plummeted.

Politico said they didn't vote for a WALL. 

But did Obama say barrier? You betcha last nut they did. And he build the bastard.

And I said "barrier" but Whale uses a post from a leftwing article saying WALL. Credibility GONE.Dead

Oh god don't into the media source "credibility" thing, Scamamda. It's so 2018.
scamanda View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scamanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2019 at 9:48pm

Is PT sick ?

Drowning not waving.

Image result for drowning emoticon
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2019 at 9:49pm

Obama says the border fence is 'now basically complete'

By Robert Farley on Monday, May 16th, 2011 at 5:03 p.m.

In his speech in El Paso on immigration reform on May 10, 2011, President Obama declared that the fence along the border with Mexico is "now basically complete."

Still, he predicted that many Republican opponents won't be satisfied.

"We have gone above and beyond what was requested by the very Republicans who said they supported broader reform as long as we got serious about enforcement," Obama said. "All the stuff they asked for, we’ve done. But even though we’ve answered these concerns, I’ve got to say I suspect there are still going to be some who are trying to move the goal posts on us one more time." 

"They'll want want a higher fence," Obama said. "Maybe they’ll need a moat. Maybe they want alligators in the moat. They’ll never be satisfied. And I understand that. That’s politics."

https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2011/may/16/barack-obama/obama-says-border-fence-now-basically-complete/

oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2019 at 9:49pm
We had a kris kringle in a upmarket restaurant with a group of friends (Barangeroo). The gift I opened had a red Trump Inauguration T-Shirt & a red Make America Great cap in it. I quickly put both on (perfect fit - 2xx) & made sure no one took it back off me. I proudly wore it home & I changed into it again New Years Eve at our party at home. Great way to fire things up - highly recommended !
scamanda View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scamanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2019 at 9:51pm
Simple fact stayer.

If the Democrats don't win this fight against Trump's wall/barrier/fence/divide/whatever they will lose the 2020 election to Trump.

scamanda View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scamanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2019 at 9:58pm
Now Whale is giving us an update on Obama's FENCE.Dead Probably the fence the border security guy was talking about.Lamp
In 2011 as President, not as senator. Confused

He can find the right one, but he won't post it. Because it will show he is wrong as usual. And that the Democrats are hypocrites .

scamanda View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scamanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2019 at 10:01pm

We had a kris kringle in a upmarket restaurant with a group of friends (Barangeroo). The gift I opened had a red Trump Inauguration T-Shirt & a red Make America Great cap in it. I quickly put both on (perfect fit - 2xx) & made sure no one took it back off me. I proudly wore it home & I changed into it again New Years Eve at our party at home. Great way to fire things up - highly recommended !

I wouldn't have done that before Trump was made President and he showed the world he can provide the promises he gave. No other President has ever done what he has done ie deliver on his promises.

But now I would. And I'd be happy if it made the virtue signalers fire up.Wink
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2019 at 10:05pm
Opinion

Donald Trump and His Team of Morons

Nobody left besides those with no reputation to lose.

By Paul Krugman

Opinion ColumniPaul Krugman

There have been many poliThere have been many policy disasters over the course of U.S. history. It’s hard, however, to think of a calamity as gratuitous, an error as unforced, as the current federal shutdown.

Nor can I think of another disaster as thoroughly personal, as completely owned by one man. When Donald Trump told Chuck Schumer and Nancy Pelosi, “I will be the one to shut it down,” he was being completely accurate — although he went on to promise that “I’m not going to blame you for it,” which was a lie.

Still, no man is an island, although Trump comes closer than most. You can’t fully make sense of his policy pratfalls without acknowledging the extraordinary quality of the people with whom he has surrounded himself. And by “extraordinary,” of course, I mean extraordinarily low quality. Lincoln had a team of rivals; Trump has a team of morons.

If this sounds too harsh, consider recent economic pronouncements by two members of his administration. Predictably, these pronouncements involve bad economics; that’s pretty much a given. What’s striking, instead, is the inability of either man to stay on script; they can’t even get their right-wing mendacity right.

First up is Kevin Hassett, chairman of Trump’s Council of Economic Advisers, who was asked about the plight of federal workers who aren’t being paid. You don’t have to be a public relations expert to know that you’re supposed to express some sympathy, whether you feel it or not. After all, there are multiple news reports abouttransportation security workers turning to food banks, the Coast Guard suggesting its employees hold garage sales, and so on.

So the right response involves expressing concern about those workers but placing the blame on Democrats who don’t want to stop brown-skinned rapists, or something like that. But no: Hassett declared that it’s all good, that the workers are actually “better off,” because they’re getting time off without having to use any of their vacation days.

Then consider what Sean Hannity had to say about taxing the rich. What’s that? You say that Hannity isn’t a member of the Trump administration? But surely he is in every sense that matters. In fact, Fox News isn’t just state TV, its hosts clearly have better access to the president, more input into his decisions, than any of the so-called experts at places like the State Department or the Department of Defense.

Anyway, Hannity declared that raising taxes on the wealthy would damage the economy, because “rich people won’t be buying boats that they like recreationally,” and “they’re not going to be taking expensive vacations anymore.”

Um, that’s not the answer a conservative is supposed to give. You’re supposed to insist that low taxes on the rich give them an incentive to work really really hard, not make it easier for them to take lavish vacations. You’re supposed to declare that low taxes will induce them to save and spend money building businesses, not help them afford to buyEven if your real reason for favoring low taxes is that they let your wealthy friends engage in even more high living, you’re not supposed to say that out loud.

Again, the point isn’t that people in Trump’s circle don’t care about ordinary American families, and also talk nonsense — that’s only to be expected. What’s amazing is that they’re so out of it that they don’t know either how to pretend to care about the middle class, or what nonsense to spout in order to sustain that pretense.

So what’s wrong with Trump’s people? Why can’t they serve up even some fake populism?

There are, I think, two answers, one generic to modern conservatism, one specific to Trump.

On the generic point: To be a modern conservative is to spend your life inside what amounts to a cult, barely exposed to outside ideas or even ways of speaking. Inside that cult, contempt for ordinary working Americans is widespread — remember Eric Cantor, the then-House majority leader, celebrating Labor Day by praising business owners. So is worship of wealth. And it can be hard for cult members to remember that you don’t talk that way to outsiders.

Then there’s the Trump effect. Normally working for the president of the United States is a career booster, something that looks good on your résumé. Trump’s presidency, however, is so chaotic, corrupt and potentially compromised by his foreign entanglements that anyone associated with him gets tainted — which is why after only two years he has already left a trail of broken men and wrecked reputations in his wake.

So who is willing to serve him at this point? Only those with no reputation to lose, generally because they’re pretty bad at what they do. There are, no doubt, conservatives smart and self-controlled enough to lie plausibly, or at least preserve some deniability, and defend Trump’s policies without making fools of themselves. But those people have gone into hiding.

A year ago I pointed out that the Trump administration was turning into government by the worst and the dumbest. Since then, however, things have gotten even worse and even dumber. And we haven’t hit bottom yet.

Follow The New York Times Opinion section on FacebookTwitter (@NYTopinion) and Instagram.

new yachts.

scamanda View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scamanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2019 at 10:10pm
Oh no. Deflated to the point he has to post opinion pieces. Dead

From the New York Times. LOL
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2019 at 10:10pm
You seem to be doing a lot of copying & pasting in here tonight Whale. Not usually a good sign. Confidence levels down / isolated ! 
scamanda View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scamanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2019 at 10:13pm

You seem to be doing a lot of copying & pasting in here tonight Whale. Not usually a good sign. Confidence levels down / isolated ! 

Drowning not waving.
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2019 at 10:14pm

Be honest for once, what do you think of those responses ? And do you really believe Trump gives a damn about anything but himself, family , powerful friends and giant ego ?
scamanda View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scamanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2019 at 10:15pm
I'll leave tonight on a positive note for Whale.
You won't have to keep Googling anymore because I won't be here to respond. 

So just post your usual garbage.
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2019 at 10:15pm
PT will be absolutely filthy in the morning. Hasn't been this much activity on here since pussy was a kitten - & he's fallen asleep in his arm chair & missed the bloody lot. Ouch
scamanda View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scamanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2019 at 10:16pm

Be honest for once, what do you think of those responses ? And do you really believe Trump gives a damn about anything but himself, family , powerful friends and giant ego ?

YES . And more importantly so do most Americans. 2020 can't come quick enough.

Nightinight.
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2019 at 10:17pm
goodnight
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2019 at 10:19pm

goodnight
You never wish me goodnight Whale
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2019 at 10:21pm

goodnight

I would have but you called me crazy, that hurt Ouch
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2019 at 10:28pm

goodnight

I would have but you called me crazy, that hurt Ouch
All in a nights fun  Beer 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 757758759760761 1094>