Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

The Trump Presidency

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 753754755756757 1094>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2019 at 9:14am
Is that the right question?

The right question is what is the most cost effective and security effective means of controlling borders. 

Very few people thing a Great Wall Of Trump is that, including Republicans, which is why he could never get it built under Republican control of Congress.
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2019 at 9:23am
Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

The right question is what is the most cost effective and security effective means of controlling borders. 

Very few people thing a Great Wall Of Trump is that, including Republicans, which is why he could never get it built under Republican control of Congress.

But didn't he always need Democrat support in the senate to get 60 votes?
An honest politician is one who when he is bought will stay bought.

Simon Cameron

Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2019 at 9:25am
Can be over ridden with the previously discussed ''Nuclear Option'' if it was the emergency he now claims it is, and wouldn't have had to shut down govt.

This is just a cynical political stunt.
Shrunk in the Wash View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2019 at 10:03am

I think it certainly is the right question.
How they shut out up to a million invaders eachg year is not what worries you. We know it's the morals of keeping people out
Not the aesthetics of a wall
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2019 at 10:30am
The evidence is crystal clear that the US model of lauranorder lock 'em up is world's WORST practice. It is a colossal fail by any measure, other than criminal profit level and police corruption. On those measures it is  a big winner.
An honest politician is one who when he is bought will stay bought.

Simon Cameron

Redemption View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Redemption Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2019 at 11:06am
Originally posted by Shrunk in the Wash Shrunk in the Wash wrote:

As Australians would we want 500,000 people flooding into our country, unannounced?

Im happy to make up my own conspiracy theory here,
I dont believe Australias population is around 25 million.
I think its already 50 million.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2019 at 11:18am

I think it certainly is the right question.
How they shut out up to a million invaders eachg year is not what worries you. We know it's the morals of keeping people out
Not the aesthetics of a wall

Nobody is questioning the need for border security. Nobody is questioning the fact that people enter the country ''illegally'' to work, seek asylum etc.

The question is the best way to control your borders if that is the current policy. Reagan invited to come, he welcomed the cheap labour as a boost to the US economy. Both Bushes allowed them to come and go. States have sanctuary cities to protect people coming and going who do nothing wrong.  It is just that now you have a President who wants nobody entering at all, but only on the southern border.  

You could line tanks along the border and blow them to kingdom come if you wanted to totally control the border and nobody cross. Is that practical though? Most people including Republicans believe that the wall is just an indulgence(and a Confederate flag style dog whistle) and in an environment where $2 Trillion has been added to debt, is not the best use of $40-60 Billion. 
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2019 at 11:28am
I still ask, who would want 500,000 indonesians, Malaysians crossing our borders and plonking themselves into Brisbane or Sydney uninvited
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2019 at 11:34am

I still ask, who would want 500,000 indonesians, Malaysians crossing our borders and plonking themselves into Brisbane or Sydney uninvited

Who is saying that? 
scamanda View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scamanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2019 at 11:42am
The left brigade in Australia showed the illegal boat smugglers a way to get home with money in their pocket by using the courts.

So Tony Abbott stopped the boats. And he isn't the brightest politician in Australia.

If Abbott can do that then the US can build a wall and pay for it or if they have to. They have the President to make the right calls.

Get rid of all the anti-Trump opinion pieces on MSM (like PT shows all the time) and the public will see the truth.

I started with nothing and still have most of it left
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2019 at 11:45am
How many people illegally enter Australia each year Scamanda?

Clue 1: Rusty posted some stats a few weeks ago, as did I.
Clue 2: The number has increased since Sir Tones stopped the boats. 
rusty nails View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rusty nails Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2019 at 11:45am

Huh?

If it’s supposed to be analogous with the USA, that means that 6 million are crossing their borders,that’s not happening.....
Afros View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2019 at 11:49am

Shh you. The right are the strong men on immigration and crime remember.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2019 at 11:52am
Originally posted by Afros Afros wrote:

Shh you. The right are the strong men on immigration and crime remember.

We all know why they work so hard to discredit science, stats and facts and all that leftie elitist stuff.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Redemption Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2019 at 11:56am
The funniest thing about the Right, is that they are scared of Snowflakes.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2019 at 11:58am
And Latino junior Congresswomen dancing apparently.

The right are terrified of lots of things.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2019 at 12:00pm
Originally posted by rusty nails rusty nails wrote:

Huh?

If it’s supposed to be analogous with the USA, that means that 6 million are crossing their borders,that’s not happening.....

No, half a million is half a million.
% of population has zero to do with it
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2019 at 12:08pm
What does a fictitious Indonesians invasion of Brisbane have to do with Trump's fake wall issue?

We have plenty of illegal people in this country, we just choose to ignore them.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Redemption Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2019 at 12:09pm

The left, the right, they are all as dumb as each other.
They are going around and around in circles, debating the same dumb things.
That includes you PT.

The system is going to change.
Its primitive.

The world will transition to a resource based economy.
The left and the right will still be arguing about the good old days of boring debates.

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2019 at 12:12pm
I think your dream for a white fossil fuel based Europe/US/Australia  is a fantasy Redemption. 
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2019 at 12:25pm

nobody ,now try to think of something relevant to say Confused
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2019 at 12:26pm
Originally posted by Redemption Redemption wrote:

The left, the right, they are all as dumb as each other.
They are going around and around in circles, debating the same dumb things.
That includes you PT.

The system is going to change.
Its primitive.

The world will transition to a resource based economy.
The left and the right will still be arguing about the good old days of boring debates.

Does that include the Hungarian right Confused
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2019 at 12:28pm

What does a fictitious Indonesians invasion of Brisbane have to do with Trump's fake wall issue?

We have plenty of illegal people in this country, we just choose to ignore them.

Ours is a trickle by comparision. It is not an issue.
500,000 would be and so our actions  and beliefs would be different.

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2019 at 12:29pm
I think the return of the Austro-Hungarian Empire backed by Putin is the exception and the great hope for the world Whale.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2019 at 12:32pm

If it is such a critical issue, why didn't Trump spend last years appropriated funding(10% spent) for the wall and why did DHS not ask for any more this year?
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2019 at 12:33pm
DHS said that Trump was waffling about something from the media but only wanted one quarter of what he is talking about.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2019 at 12:38pm

If it is such a critical issue, why didn't Trump spend last years appropriated funding(10% spent) for the wall and why did DHS not ask for any more this year?

Buggered if I know or care what Trump does.

All I know is that I would not want massive numbers of illegals coming to my country
Something you don't seem to agree with me on
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2019 at 12:58pm
I certainly dont agree that we are being swamped by half a million illegal Indonesians, and as this is the Trump thread I thought it rather obvious that it is about him and his fake wall issue. 
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2019 at 1:06pm
I didn’t say WE are being swamped by half a million but would you be happy if we were
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2019 at 1:07pm
Sorry, I have no idea what you are on about nor where you want this deflection to go.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 753754755756757 1094>