Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

The Trump Presidency

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 693694695696697 1094>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2018 at 10:44pm
Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

Originally posted by Dr E Dr E wrote:

Hey CNNPT, is it true what I heard ... that Jim Acosta's press pass is ready, and that he has been offered the opportunity to pick it up personally from the Saudi Consulate in Turkey?Hug

No, I am sure Trump would love to set his Saudi butcher mates onto him,  but I hear that at the next press conference everyone else will walk out of the room leaving Acosta there by himself to get every question.Wink

Any bookies setting odds for that?

They are cannibals, you know that!

If it did happen, I think he still only gets one question - could be a real quick press conference!Big smile
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2018 at 10:47pm
Donald has done well to overcome the savage dog pack mentality of this sick world .     He was still POTUS this morning.

So many on TBV have hot info lines ,   The predictions delivered so far, have been 2 years of nothing .      
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2018 at 10:50pm
Originally posted by marble marble wrote:

just saw donald on the news visiting the devastated areas of California. During the interview he mistakenly called Paradise," Pleasant" twice before someone gave him a nudge. Is he careless, thick or losing it?  He can barely put 2 words together without an autocue

... oh the irony. Clap
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2018 at 10:53pm
Originally posted by maccamax maccamax wrote:

Donald has done well to overcome the savage dog pack mentality of this sick world .     He was still POTUS this morning.

So many on TBV have hot info lines ,   The predictions delivered so far, have been 2 years of nothing .      

Remain patient macca, I'm certain you ARE next in line ... none of those other pretty boys fit Melania's "type".Wink
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2018 at 11:30pm

Over 3500 court cases. He refuses to pay or settle and wears people down with costs.

That's a first , any evidence .?

Harvey Norman does similar world wide ( Jerry Harvey )
They only sell the business / franchise . It is up to the buyers to run them successfully.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2018 at 11:35pm
Originally posted by Dr E Dr E wrote:

Remain patient macca, I'm certain you ARE next in line ... none of those other pretty boys fit Melania's "type".Wink

I know Doc , it is ALL about patience .

Donald and I are playing the famous TING game .

He's RooTING
I'm WaiTING
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2018 at 6:41am

Over 3500 court cases. He refuses to pay or settle and wears people down with costs.

That's a first , any evidence .?

Harvey Norman does similar world wide ( Jerry Harvey )
They only sell the business / franchise . It is up to the buyers to run them successfully.

No maxie, very well known.

An analysis by USA Today published in June 2016 found that over the previous three decades, United States president Donald Trump and his businesses have been involved in 3,500 legal cases in U.S. federal courts and state court, an unprecedented number for a U.S. presidential candidate.[1] Of the 3,500 suits, Trump or one of his companies were plaintiffs in 1,900; defendants in 1,450; and bankruptcy, third party, or other in 150.[1] Trump was named in at least 169 suits in federal court.[2] Over 150 other cases were in the Seventeenth Judicial Circuit Court of Florida(covering Broward County, Florida) since 1983.[3] In about 500 cases, judges dismissed plaintiffs' claims against Trump. In hundreds more, cases ended with the available public record unclear about the resolution.[1] Where there was a clear resolution, Trump won 451 times, and lost 38.[4]

The topics of the legal cases include contract disputes, defamation claims, and allegations of sexual harassment. Trump's companies have been involved in more than 100 tax disputes, and on "at least three dozen" occasions the New York State Department of Taxation and Finance has obtained tax liens against Trump properties for nonpayment of taxes.[1] On a number of occasions, Trump has threatened legal action but did not ultimately follow through.[5]

Of Trump's involvement in the lawsuits, his lawyer Alan Garten said in 2015 that this was "a natural part of doing business in [the United States]",[5][6] and in the real estate industry, litigation to enforce contracts and resolve business disputes is indeed common.[5] Trump has, however, been involved in far more litigation than fellow real-estate magnates; the USA Today analysis in 2016 found that Trump had been involved in legal disputes more than Edward J. DeBartolo Jr.Donald BrenStephen M. RossSam Zell, and Larry Silverstein combined.[1]

The Trump lawsuits[5][6] have attracted criticism from Trump's opponents, who say that this is not a trait that conservatives should support.[5]James Copland, director of legal policy at the conservative-leaning Manhattan Institute, states that "Trump clearly has an affinity for filing lawsuits, partly because he owns a lot of businesses" and has sometimes used litigation as a "bullying tactic".[5]

Although Trump has said that he "never" settles legal claims, Trump and his businesses have settled with plaintiffs in at least 100 cases (mostly involving personal injury claims arising from injuries at Trump properties), with settlements ranging as high as hundreds of thousands of U.S. dollars[1] and recently as high as tens of millions of dollars.[7]

Among the most well-known Trump legal cases was the Trump University litigation. Three legal actions were brought alleging fraud, one by the New York State Attorney General and the others by class action plaintiffs.[8] In November 2016, Trump agreed to pay $25 million to settle the litigation.[7]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legal_affairs_of_Donald_Trump

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2018 at 7:51am
Forest management in Finland.

Sneck View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sneck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2018 at 9:56pm
At least Rick Scott won Florida despite despite the Bloward County shenanigans.
Mitt Romney would have been a much bigger pain in the ass had Republicans not held this seat. 
marble View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marble Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2018 at 7:13am
Originally posted by Sneck Sneck wrote:

Mitt Romney would have been a much bigger pain in the ass had Republicans not held this seat. 

disgraceful donny lost 37 seats in the house - a big blow to his inflated ego. I love his quote" i can't win if i'm not the name on the ballot.
the chaos at the whitehouse continues with more staff about to be sacked - has any other president had such a turnstile at the whitehouse? Kelly about to leave. Who will control the knucklehead when he goes?

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2018 at 8:05am
The Dow passed 25,000 again today, the 30th time it has passed 25,000 this year. 15 times going up 15 going down.

Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2018 at 9:24am
Originally posted by marble marble wrote:

Originally posted by Sneck Sneck wrote:

disgraceful donny lost 37 seats in the house - a big blow to his inflated ego. I love his quote" i can't win if i'm not the name on the ballot.
the chaos at the whitehouse continues with more staff about to be sacked - has any other president had such a turnstile at the whitehouse? Kelly about to leave. Who will control the knucklehead when he goes?

Not to mention him saying that winning candidates should thank him for campaigning for them, they would not have won without that.

Such a gracious, humble man Confused
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2018 at 9:25am
He won the Senate, Republicans lost the House...simples.
Redemption View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Redemption Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2018 at 10:06am
Im still awaiting answers questioned to Whale and PT.

How do you feel we should stop Islamic Terrorists?

Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2018 at 10:13am
I'd say Redemption is pretty much your average Trump voter.Big smile
An honest politician is one who when he is bought will stay bought.

Simon Cameron

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Redemption Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2018 at 10:29am
Thats not an answer either.

rusty nails View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rusty nails Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2018 at 10:37am
Originally posted by Redemption Redemption wrote:

Since this is the Trump thread,I’m assuming that includes the USA?

I’d suggest,if they were banning certain nations from entry,I’d include Saudi A,where 80% of the 9/11 terrorists were from.

I’d then go further and insist that the good old prince be charged in connection with the murder in the Embassy.

There’s so much more to do,but that’s the start.
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2018 at 10:39am

Oh well, I am waiting for many answers. For instance why did you say the gas canisters exploded ? Why did you say Sisto opened Pellegrini's and struggled, when he actually bought a thriving business in 1972 ?

We don't always get answers Wink
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2018 at 10:44am
Agree in distaste for Saudi .

My Son In IT and his wife RN , worked in Saudi for 10 years .   That was always a worry to me .

They came home when a close friend was shot dead on a roadway , for being a westerner.
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2018 at 11:17am
Wish you would get it inside your head Macca that my dislike for trump has nothing to do with the average American , most countries have their share of bad apples but overall the yanks are imo great people , do you think you can take that in instead of using "hate all yanks"? thank you.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2018 at 11:39am

I told you twice already.

Why do we drop bombs on Middle East countries and take part in invasions?

Energy politics and geo-politics.

IS has clearly stated many times( those with fingers in their ears refuse to listen), that our involvement in the ME is a security risk for us. Mahathir reminded us on Saturday and was howled down here. 

Gee who could imagine people would get narky just because we drop our freedom bombs on them. We are doing them a favour.Ouch

Oil has half a century life left according to Saudi's and they are reforming their economy to not be so reliant on fossil fuels. When there is no oil, what will be our reason to be involved in American wars in the ME? 

Unfortunately gas wars are about to start with the US angling for control of Iran/Qatar's Gulf oil fields and they want to cut out Turkey Iran and Russia, so until we become reliant on renewable energy and while we still buy into US energy wars, we will continue to be a target from extremists. 

Interesting the 3 guys arrested in Melbourne this morning were Australian born of Turkish parents. That will be the new flashpoint unless something is sorted out soon. Congress is aware and will push back against Trump/Jared/MBS/Netanyahu. 
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2018 at 11:53am
Originally posted by Carioca Carioca wrote:

Wish you would get it inside your head Macca that my dislike for trump has nothing to do with the average American , most countries have their share of bad apples but overall the yanks are imo great people , do you think you can take that in instead of using "hate all yanks"? thank you.

I don't recall your posts Croca .     Trump is a come and Go like all POTUS.   He at least stands up to the oppositions.
    When I'm thinking "yank haters " I'm referring to the many years of bad mouthing from people who exist today as a result of the USA , making that possible.
   We are very dependent on them today, as always and don't have the right
to bite the hand that protects us. They don't bag us.
Australians try to run the world , but are quick to cry foul if other Countries try to tell us anything .   Like Indonesia last week and the embassy ,   They are wrong IMHO but so is Australia on their outbursts about Indonesia executing drug runners.   Is there a difference .
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Redemption Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2018 at 12:22pm
Originally posted by Whale Whale wrote:

Oh well, I am waiting for many answers. For instance why did you say the gas canisters exploded ? Why did you say Sisto opened Pellegrini's and struggled, when he actually bought a thriving business in 1972 ?

We don't always get answers Wink

There were 2 explosions Whale.  I believe our friends account. The 2nd explosion was the big one. I assume the first noise was the igniting moment. Thats how close our friend was to the moment.

Regarding Sisto, when he first arrived, for many years, he and many Italians were met with great racism and adversity.
It took many years for them to actually get going with projects, and there were even protests against people like Sisto. Racism was well and truly alive.

Okay, as I was courteous to answer your question, your turn.
How do you feel Islamic Terrorists should be stopped?

Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2018 at 12:25pm
No mate my comments on trump are few, my concern was that you would think I'm a yank hater, which is not right even though my concern was very small .
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2018 at 12:47pm

No mate my comments on trump are few, my concern was that you would think I'm a yank hater, which is not right even though my concern was very small .

. I'm aware most were not around when we were going through WW2.
People aren't interested in the history of it . ? To our peril , maybe .

Many of us have sad memories.
I know even mentioning it attracts the geriatric accusation.   As if that's a crime but we must be prepared ...    We are in a volatile world .       
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2018 at 12:48pm
WW11? Dont think you have ever mentioned that before.LOL
marble View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marble Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2018 at 12:54pm

. I'm aware most were not around when we were going through WW2.
People aren't interested in the history of it . ? To our peril , maybe .

Many of us have sad memories.
I know even mentioning it attracts the geriatric accusation.   As if that's a crime but we must be prepared ...    We are in a volatile world .       

Macca - do you think trump is making the world less volatile or more volatile?
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2018 at 1:17pm
Marble
do you think trump is making the world less volatile or more volatile? Marble.
---------------------

He is standing his ground and being better prepared for conflict should it arrive.     Unlike previous times .
   I see him as ideal in our present world .
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2018 at 1:18pm

WW11? Dont think you have ever mentioned that before.LOL

I didn't want to embarrass you.
Sneck View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sneck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2018 at 1:21pm
If foreign policy is your motivator Trump is exponentially better than Clinton.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 693694695696697 1094>