Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

The Trump Presidency

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 565566567568569 1094>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2018 at 7:59pm
I love his new nick name btw ... The Jerk with a Smirk!Clap

Image result for strzok
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
marble View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marble Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2018 at 8:28am
 former CIA director John Brennan has just had his security clearance revoked. 
Has there ever been a presidency that has generated such feeling that people in important postitions feel the need to speak knowing the risk to their own professional futures?
Brennan said this about the orange joke

Brennan said: “It’s astounding how often you fail to live up to minimum standards of decency, civility and probity. Seems like you will never understand what it means to be president, nor what it takes to be a good, decent and honest person. So disheartening, so dangerous for our nation.”

Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2018 at 9:24am
Hey Shammy, how long was it between John Dean exposing Nixon's ''enemies list'' and his resignation?
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2018 at 11:38am
Authored by Charles Hugh Smith :-

Nowadays, trade and "prosperity" are dependent on currencies that are created out of thin air via borrowing or printing.

So here's the story explaining why "free" trade and globalization create so much wonderful prosperity for all of us: I find a nation with cheap labor and no environmental laws anxious to give me cheap land and tax credits, so I move my factory from my high-cost, highly regulated nation to the low-cost nation, and keep all the profits I reap from the move for myself. Yea for free trade, I'm now far wealthier than I was before.

That's the story. Feel better about "free" trade and globalization now? Oh wait a minute, there's something missing--the part about "prosperity for all of us." Here's labor's share of U.S. GDP, which includes imports and exports, i.e. trade:
Isaac soloman View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Isaac soloman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2018 at 1:15pm
Originally posted by maccamax maccamax wrote:

Authored by Charles Hugh Smith :-

Nowadays, trade and "prosperity" are dependent on currencies that are created out of thin air via borrowing or printing.

So here's the story explaining why "free" trade and globalization create so much wonderful prosperity for all of us: I find a nation with cheap labor and no environmental laws anxious to give me cheap land and tax credits, so I move my factory from my high-cost, highly regulated nation to the low-cost nation, and keep all the profits I reap from the move for myself. Yea for free trade, I'm now far wealthier than I was before.

That's the story. Feel better about "free" trade and globalization now? Oh wait a minute, there's something missing--the part about "prosperity for all of us." Here's labor's share of U.S. GDP, which includes imports and exports, i.e. trade:

Read China. 
And like a cancer, has been  allowed to grow.
But as soon as they get a push back they cry like babies.
And rely on the pt's of the world for support.

Level playing fields and transparency for starters.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2018 at 2:02pm
Shocked
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2018 at 5:34pm
Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

Shocked

Don't be shocked PT ...     I purchased a writ watch from china ome time ago..      Quite good & does the job =   $2.85 ,free postage .

My electricity bill would purchase me approx 240 watches.

Do we have any more jewelers left in OZ
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2018 at 6:53pm
I only need one watch maxie, don't know what I would do with 240. Do they all keep you on time any better? If I win this $100m lotto tonight I will buy you a Rolex. One Tony Abbott had to give back when he got caught with that bag full of them. 
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2018 at 7:08pm

I only need one watch maxie, don't know what I would do with 240. Do they all keep you on time any better? If I win this $100m lotto tonight I will buy you a Rolex. One Tony Abbott had to give back when he got caught with that bag full of them. 

You sell them at huge profit at a flee market PT .

I must get you one of donalds books on how to become a billionaire .

You start with $2.85 watches ....    The inexperienced of the North Coast brigade would flock to buy at $20
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2018 at 9:50am
Gee Donald is sounding very distracted from his ''elected'' job this week. Must be done making America again. Clap

maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2018 at 11:40am

Gee Donald is sounding very distracted from his ''elected'' job this week. Must be done making America again. Clap

WOW PT =    What a surprise to see you on this thread.

I felt sure you would spend the day , looking for China's $2.85 watches.
Redemption View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Redemption Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2018 at 11:46am
Hillary and Bill are being arrested before November this year.
Before November 11th to be exact.

You heard it here first guys.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2018 at 12:01pm

My work is not done yet maxie.LOL
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2018 at 1:50pm

The FAKE news this morning is that a Turnbull challenge is in the wind .

Dutton 's name mentioned.

I hope so ...     Turnbull will not win the next election .
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2018 at 1:58pm
Beware of fake gnus maxie

ThreeBears View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThreeBears Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2018 at 3:30pm
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2018 at 4:03pm
Originally posted by marble marble wrote:

former CIA director John Brennan has just had his security clearance revoked. 
Has there ever been a presidency that has generated such feeling that people in important postitions feel the need to speak knowing the risk to their own professional futures?
Brennan said this about the orange joke

Brennan said: “It’s astounding how often you fail to live up to minimum standards of decency, civility and probity. Seems like you will never understand what it means to be president, nor what it takes to be a good, decent and honest person. So disheartening, so dangerous for our nation.”

They finally remove security clearance for a lying communist who should never have been in the role to start with? .... oooooo   kkkkkk ....Wacko
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2018 at 4:05pm
Originally posted by ThreeBears ThreeBears wrote:

So true.Clap
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2018 at 4:07pm
... except the "loveys" are the ones carrying weapons and covering their faces and starting ALL violent confrontations.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2018 at 10:34am
Looks like Twitter has done another big clean-out of Russian bots. Overnight I lost 35 faithful followers and had 80 removed from those I follow. 

Bad news for Trumpers coming into the mid-terms. What will they do without being told what to think to follow the Kremlin line?
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2018 at 10:54am

The FAKE news this morning is that a Turnbull challenge is in the wind .

Dutton 's name mentioned.

I hope so ...     Turnbull will not win the next election .

I'd like to see that. The Dutton Party would win about 20 seats, not necessarily including Dutton's.Wink
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2018 at 12:27pm
So not only do dogs come in a variety of colours, breeds and genders, but you can't teach an old dog new tricks ...

FLASHBACK: That Time Omarosa Was Fired from the Clinton White House

Omarosa Manigault Newman is no stranger to failing in The White House. She became well known by television viewers of NBC’s hit show “The Apprentice” with Donald Trump.

Now, after being let go for personal issues, she’s using that closeness to President Trump to make millions by calling her former boss a racist and a liar. She made the situation worse by illegally recording herself insecure parts of the White House. (RELATED: Omarosa Could be in Legal Trouble Over Secret White House Recordings).

But this isn’t Omarosa’s first series of White House problems. She worked in the Clinton Administration under Vice President Al Gore. As Al Gore’s former office administrator Mary Margaret Overbey said at the time, Omarosa “was the worst hire (the Office of the Vice President) ever made.”

People magazine reported in 2004, she was “banished from four jobs in two years with the Clinton administration.” The White House personnel office transferred her to the Commerce Department briefly. At her last short-lived administration role, Cheryl Shavers, the former Under Secretary for Technology at the Clinton Commerce Department, opined, “She was asked to leave as quickly as possible, she was so disruptive. One woman wanted to slug her.” Omarosa only lasted in that final role for several weeks.

Another Clinton administration official reported she was fired “because she couldn’t get along with people.” Another former Gore staffer noted, “she didn’t do her job, and it got everyone in trouble.”

She has been busted for exaggerating her roles in the Clinton administration, too. As Omarosa told an audience in Washington, D.C. on March 19, 2004, at a panel discussion on “Wearing the Pants: A Woman’s Experience in a Man’s World”:

“I have done logistics and advance and event planning for the White House under the Gore staff. … At 23, I got appointed to the White House. That was not a place to learn how to be a young professional. That’s a very difficult environment, because they don’t believe in training. They just kind of throw you in the fire.”

The problem? Anonymous Gore staffers confirmed Omarosa never was involved in advance work or logistics. Her job was “to respond to invitations.”

When asked about her employment history, Omarosa falsely claimed the shifting was due to her marriage to Aaron Stallworth. They have since divorced, and Omarosa married John Newman in 2017.

https://thepoliticalinsider.com/omarosa-fired-from-clinton-white-house/?utm_campaign=olympicmedia&utm_medium=olympicmedia&utm_source=olympicmedia

Shrunk in the Wash View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2018 at 1:05pm
Mmm, there’s always 2 sides to every story. The woman looked dodgy from the start
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2018 at 1:07pm
None of that stuff matters if she has tapes, and according to the NYT she has over 200 audio tapes and heaps of video tapes, emails and text messages.

The few she has released so far are very bad and she says she has much worse stuff, outside of what she has given to the Special Counsel.

Mr Mueller will sort it out.
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2018 at 1:37pm
So who is the "true" patriot? ... is it your guy Strzok - or was he just trying to screw  Lisa? ... is it Stormy - or was she just trying to screw The Donald? ... is it Omarosa? - can she even work out who she's trying to screw?Wacko

... and is this Bruce Ohr really a disgrace? ... who exactly did he and his wife screw?Confused

Only "patriotic" Democrats ...Embarrassed

Hey, and what's with this jury? ... you would think they were public servants getting paid by the hour!!!LOL

Manafort hasn't even defended himself has he? ... just convict him so that he can get his pardon already!!!Cry
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2018 at 1:45pm
So Strzok screwing someone's wife, or Omarosa being scattered means Trump never covered up his son's crimes or his own crimes in Eastern Europe. Thumbs Up

Manafort has nothing to do with Trump or Russia according to Shammy, so this trial means nothing. You will remember that if he is acquitted wont you. 

What has Bruce Ohr done wrong? I haven't caught up with the Trump News, Fox whack-jobs for a few days.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2018 at 1:55pm
You would know this Doc, being on top of this topic.Thumbs Up 

John Brennan was Obama's homeland security adviser till about 2013, when he became head of the CIA.

Trump was trying to build a hotel in Latvia with 2 people close to Putin. The Latvian govt investigated the Russians and requested Interpol and US CIA and FBI  investigate.

Would John Brennan have had access to that intelligence gathered while he was with homeland security, or would he have got it when he became CIA head?

Peter Strzok as the FBIs top Russia intelligence agent would certainly have investigated it and Comey was FBI head after Mueller(they would have overlapped on this).

Lisa Page was lead lawyer advising the FBI on this I believe.

Wonder why Trump would be targeting these people?

1300 properties paid for in cash, at least 60% by Russians. Would these agencies have been looking at that, you reckon? 
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2018 at 10:03pm

So Strzok screwing someone's wife, or Omarosa being scattered means Trump never covered up his son's crimes or his own crimes in Eastern Europe. Thumbs Up

Manafort has nothing to do with Trump or Russia according to Shammy, so this trial means nothing. You will remember that if he is acquitted wont you. 

What has Bruce Ohr done wrong? I haven't caught up with the Trump News, Fox whack-jobs for a few days.

Hahahahahaha!!!LOLLOLLOL ... of course not, and who would doubt that!Tongue

Here ya go!

Gee, that book, "The Russia Hoax" seems very popular!Embarrassed
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2018 at 10:13pm
... and just to be clear, are you saying that somehow Manafort might be acquitted of everything?Confused

If that were to happen, I would imagine that the "Rrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeeeing!!!" would be on an epic scale, the likes of which have not been seen since the inauguration ... and that's just from you!Cry
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2018 at 8:30am
So what has Bruce Ohr done wrong Doc? Plenty in the febrile conspiratorial minds of the Fox mob. In reality, he like all the others on the list know what Donny did last summer, and they are coming for him.

Manafort wont be acquitted despite the best efforts of Trump to obstruct justice and contaminate the jury, or feral Trumpers threatening the judges life as he reported on Friday. He should be acquitted with all the help the judge has given him though. The second trial is the one that counts though. This one was an attempt to get a not guilty by separating out the complex tax law, heavy paper crimes to confuse the jury. They are taking their deliberations very seriously though, and taking their time.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 565566567568569 1094>