Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

The Trump Presidency

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 541542543544545 1094>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2018 at 10:05pm
Agree, it’s a fantastic country. Can’t wait to visit again in 4 weeks time!
Shrunk in the Wash View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2018 at 10:13pm
Originally posted by rusty nails rusty nails wrote:

Originally posted by Shrunk in the Wash Shrunk in the Wash wrote:

Originally posted by Redemption Redemption wrote:

Originally posted by marble marble wrote:

the elected leader of the US ( he is not a presidents backside) is now putins strongest supporter despite russia being the polar opposite of americas traditional values.
the funniest thing about trump is that he thinks he's winning - putin has him in his pocket.
you have to wonder why trump sucks up to him, more to it than meets the eye

How is Russia the polar opposite of American traditional values?
Communist Russia, yes.
But not the nationalistic Russia of today.
Both nations share the same fundamental Christian values.

And the Trump haters would prefer that the stand off and hatred continues at the worlds expense

Stuff, trying to make the joint a better place by reaching out to your enemiesConfused
you make it sound like the US is the only nation in the world that has a beef with Russia.
That's not the case.
There are currently widely held sanctions on Russia for good reason.
Annexing Crimea,shooting down a civilian airliner, assisting a war criminal in Syria are just some of the things apart from meddling in US elections.

And you think ignoring all that, is a good idea?

Nonetheless nothing in the recent past has resulted in any change.

That Trump dares to try something different is not a reason for ridicule especially given that none of us have a clue what was said between them.

All I see is a bunch of side liners hoping their guess work is reality to support their pre ordained stance
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2018 at 10:14pm
So there you go , it's unanimous, we all admire , enjoy , and respect it's people and country, what's so Hard to understand That!
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2018 at 11:15pm
Originally posted by Carioca Carioca wrote:

So there you go , it's unanimous, we all admire , enjoy , and respect it's people and country, what's so Hard to understand That!

With the best President of our times. GOD BLESS AMERICA.
Buttering Putin up and who would argue that being a friend of Putin is better v than dodging the warfare material.

One minute you lot are Yank haters and the next ( how wonderful they are )

I'd say Donald is a very good chess player ,   He played his pawn well today , as he did with NK.
At least the Western World isn't suffering insomnia tonight as a result of
a Putin v Trump fall out.
What did you expect him to say to THE FAKE NEWS.???????????????
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2018 at 11:19pm
Would you like to show me where I have demeaned the yanks, I'd like to know Macca.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2018 at 11:42pm

Would you like to show me where I have demeaned the yanks, I'd like to know Macca.

I didn't say you ...    I was referring to the many that do. ( You Lot was my expression ? I think . )

Australians have always been the "flavour" of the month in America. I am sometimes ashamed when I feel some don't reciprocate similarly.
I have seen some awful things sent " Shammy's " way ...    
Given our History ,   we should be eating a yard of their Shxt.

Shammy Davis View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shammy Davis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2018 at 12:56am

Originally posted by maccamax maccamax wrote:

You got it Marble.
Like trout =     Trump & Putin swim up stream.

seriously macca - i love the states just as much as you, . . .

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shammy Davis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2018 at 12:59am

Originally posted by rusty nails rusty nails wrote:

Originally posted by Redemption Redemption wrote:

the elected leader of the US ( he is not a presidents backside) is now putins strongest supporter despite russia being the polar opposite of americas traditional values.
the funniest thing about trump is that he thinks he's winning - putin has him in his pocket.
you have to wonder why trump sucks up to him, more to it than meets the eye

How is Russia the polar opposite of American traditional values?
Communist Russia, yes.
But not the nationalistic Russia of today.
Both nations share the same fundamental Christian values.

And the Trump haters would prefer that the stand off and hatred continues at the worlds expense

Stuff, trying to make the joint a better place by reaching out to your enemiesConfused
you make it sound like the US is the only nation in the world that has a beef with Russia.
That's not the case.
There are currently widely held sanctions on Russia for good reason.
Annexing Crimea,shooting down a civilian airliner, assisting a war criminal in Syria are just some of the things apart from meddling in US elections.

And you think ignoring all that, is a good idea?

Nonetheless nothing in the recent past has resulted in any change.

That Trump dares to try something different is not a reason for ridicule especially given that none of us have a clue what was said between them.

All I see is a bunch of side liners hoping their guess work is reality to support their pre ordained stance
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shammy Davis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2018 at 1:12am

So there you go , it's unanimous, we all admire , enjoy , and respect it's people and country . .
That's not how I read this thread. You love the yanks, but you demean our decisions and duly elected President?    This thread reads like yanks are a bunch of fools.
Softy View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Softy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2018 at 1:23am
Only some.
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2018 at 1:26am
Originally posted by Softy Softy wrote:

Not many people push their friends out of the way to embrace an enemy.

Friends? ... like the FBI, DOJ, half of the Republican Elites who infest the Swamp?

In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
Softy View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Softy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2018 at 1:28am
There’s a country just above South Korea that have %100 faith in their leader.
Should the USA be the same Shammy.
Or are different views allowed in democracy?
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2018 at 1:28am

Originally posted by Tlazolteotl Tlazolteotl wrote:

Was the interpreter KGB? Nobody else in the room, right?LOL

the interpreter wore fishnet stockings and had an unusual talent for urination

Solid marble - just rehash some FAKE NEWS, that will prove your unhinged Trump Deranged point!Clap
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shammy Davis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2018 at 2:41am

You got it Marble.

seriously macca - i love the states just as much as you, but after this debacle how can anyone think that trump is looking after his people or his country ? he is only interested in himself ,his business interests and a few hookers here and there

And I'm in the same boat as you Marble , the USA is a wonderful place , its people are kind and giving of themselves, for nigh on seventy years their music and movies have delighted me , but this bloke, No Nay Never , he's a salesman and he sells souls.

great place carioca -  I went there to work as a young bloke and the people treated me like a long lost brother. 
What sanctuary city hosted you?
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2018 at 3:22am
Despite all the anti Trump Hysteria he has delivered.

Stock Markets booming , employment figures best ever . He is guilty of doing what he said he would do and was elected on that platform.

He is making America great again and if demanding fairness in defence costs & Trade , =   so be it.

Give him a go ..       Pre Judging never does anyone good,   after all, he is POTUS.       Respect that at least ,   One day you may need him and the people that elected him.
marble View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marble Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2018 at 8:24am
Originally posted by Shammy Davis Shammy Davis wrote:

You got it Marble.

seriously macca - i love the states just as much as you, but after this debacle how can anyone think that trump is looking after his people or his country ? he is only interested in himself ,his business interests and a few hookers here and there

And I'm in the same boat as you Marble , the USA is a wonderful place , its people are kind and giving of themselves, for nigh on seventy years their music and movies have delighted me , but this bloke, No Nay Never , he's a salesman and he sells souls.

great place carioca -  I went there to work as a young bloke and the people treated me like a long lost brother. 
What sanctuary city hosted you?
it was tustin, Orange county - Ronny was running your country then, he might have been a bit dottery but he was a gentleman and didn't lie like your current leader
marble View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marble Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2018 at 8:37am

Stock Markets booming , employment figures best ever . He is guilty of doing what he said he would do and was elected on that platform.

He is making America great again and if demanding fairness in defence costs & Trade , =   so be it.

Give him a go ..       Pre Judging never does anyone good,   after all, he is POTUS.       Respect that at least ,   One day you may need him and the people that elected him.

the orange lying clown has been in for 17 months - lets see how how the states is performing at the end of his term. the corporate tax cuts have left a massive hole in revenue and zero trickle down benefit for workers.  Unemployment dropped from 10% to 4.8% under obama - its now at 4.1%. 
combine this with trade wars and i can't see much long term benefit for the states. the trade deficit continues to blow out and trumps belligerent foreign policy is a disgrace.
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2018 at 11:26am
One thing I've picked up today.  He said he'd be straight forward yet today he's backpeddling very fast and denying what he said.  He should of just said he believed his advisers and agencies in the first place.  Sammy Aussies do tend to mock our leaders.  As we have to vote and the ones we vote for don't always get in or deliver what they say they will do before election.  Now unless I'm mistaken alot of support behind Trump was because he said he wouldn't say and do different things.  Is this a new development.
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2018 at 11:43am

The Yanks are on a sugar hit high at the moment.Big smile

75% of the ultra-rich forecast a US recession in the next two years, survey finds

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/04/19/75-percent-of-the-ultra-rich-forecast-a-us-recession-in-the-next-two-years-survey-finds.html

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2018 at 12:01pm
A group of top business economists believes the major tax cuts President Trump pushed through Congress will give a significant boost to economic growth this year and next year. But they worry that by 2020, the United States could be entering a new recession.

Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2018 at 12:10pm

So there you go , it's unanimous, we all admire , enjoy , and respect it's people and country . .
That's not how I read this thread. You love the yanks, but you demean our decisions and duly elected President?    This thread reads like yanks are a bunch of fools.

Unless your reading my posts through the bottom of a coke bottle you are mistaken in what you find in regard to yanks being a bunch of fools , it was never implied and never mentioned, I'm playing the Man Shammy not the team or it's people.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shammy Davis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2018 at 12:20pm
Originally posted by furious furious wrote:

One thing I've picked up today.  He said he'd be straight forward yet today he's backpeddling very fast and denying what he said.  He should of just said he believed his advisers and agencies in the first place.  Sammy Aussies do tend to mock our leaders.  As we have to vote and the ones we vote for don't always get in or deliver what they say they will do before election.  Now unless I'm mistaken alot of support behind Trump was because he said he wouldn't say and do different things.  Is this a new development.<div id="UMS_TOOLTIP" style=": ; cursor: pointer; : 2147483647; : transparent; top: -100000px; left: -100000px;">
Admittedly Trump is spontaneous, less than articulate, and often unpredictable. His supporters believe he is keeping his promises. Polls reflect this. Republicans are confident he has substantial independent support. It also appears that his detractors are hysterically committed to trashing everything about him and his family. The fact that he misspoke should be of no surprise but to suggest treason is absurb. His patriotism is not in question. He has retracted his comment. With the exception of Truman, Eisenhower, and Reagan, Trump has been one of the toughest to deal with Russia. As I post, a US Marine Expeditionary Force is currently training and operating in the Ukraine. Norway is requesting US Marine Units be located permanently there. This could not possibly make Putin comfortable. So, it is nothing new but it is not the end of the world either.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2018 at 12:22pm
Only 26% of eligible voters voted for Trump so it's not like Trump speaks for all Americans. The 26% who voted for him can choose to be offended by my disrespectful comments about the great leader- the remaining 74% can read on.Wink
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shammy Davis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2018 at 12:23pm

Unless your reading my posts through the bottom of a coke bottle you are mistaken in what you find in regard to yanks being a bunch of fools , it was never implied and never mentioned, I'm playing the Man Shammy not the team or it's people.
Sure fooled me.
Newtown Old Boy View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newtown Old Boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2018 at 12:23pm

One thing I've picked up today.  He said he'd be straight forward yet today he's backpeddling very fast and denying what he said.  He should of just said he believed his advisers and agencies in the first place.  Sammy Aussies do tend to mock our leaders.  As we have to vote and the ones we vote for don't always get in or deliver what they say they will do before election.  Now unless I'm mistaken alot of support behind Trump was because he said he wouldn't say and do different things.  Is this a new development.<div id="UMS_TOOLTIP" style=": ; cursor: pointer; : 2147483647; : transparent; top: -100000px; left: -100000px;">
Admittedly Trump is spontaneous, less than articulate, and often unpredictable. His supporters believe he is keeping his promises. Polls reflect this. Republicans are confident he has substantial independent support. It also appears that his detractors are hysterically committed to trashing everything about him and his family. The fact that he misspoke should be of no surprise but to suggest treason is absurb. His patriotism is not in question. He has retracted his comment. With the exception of Truman, Eisenhower, and Reagan, Trump has been one of the toughest to deal with Russia. As I post, a US Marine Expeditionary Force is currently training and operating in the Ukraine. Norway is requesting US Marine Units be located permanently there. This could not possibly make Putin comfortable. So, it is nothing new but it is not the end of the world either.
LOL
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2018 at 12:25pm
I do not respect Trump- why would you?Big smile
Baguette View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baguette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2018 at 12:29pm
The only thing surprising about Trumps performance with Putin is that anyone's surprised! Of course the Russians own the clown , but what do they have on him? I believe the investigation is looking at the Trump Tower Moscow negotiations and some of the other Trump Tower licensing agreements around the world involving very unsavoury people . Some of this happening after he announced his presidential run. That's where the smoking gun is.
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2018 at 12:33pm
My husband said exactly the same thing Baguette.  What do the Russians have on Trump.  Something big by the way he behaved.
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2018 at 1:23pm
Originally posted by Newtown Old Boy Newtown Old Boy wrote:

LOL

That looked like a hostage video today with his would/wouldn't qualified walkback. The lights went out half way through it Even the deity(you choose) cracked up and flicked the switch on it.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2018 at 2:13pm
75% of the ultra-rich forecast a US recession in the next two years, survey finds.
____________________________________________________________________________100% of idiots predicted Trump would be taken down and do Gaol time, during the past Year or so.
    These forecasts don't have good form.

He has proven the knockers wrong over & over but they cling on ,   bringing up new hopes every day .... only to be wrong again.

We should send Shorten & Turnbull over to save America.       . Australia would thrive with them gone.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 541542543544545 1094>