Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

The Trump Presidency

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 398399400401402 1094>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2018 at 7:00pm
With the one year anniversary of the orange man, and with the 400th (!) page of this thread, it seems like a good moment to recap and reflect on what the Trump phenomenon has actually (maybe even factually) caused/ achieved/ damaged at this point, for the US and the world. I guess we could even recap on all the conspiracy theories that have gone by the by...

How about people giving just some dot points - some pros and cons or whatever - at this historic moment?

I for one like the way he has toyed with the media and won, no matter how biased it is against him. I've liked his treatment of North Korea. I've liked that he diffused tensions with Russia. I've liked his guts to say what he did at the (unreported) March for Life. And apparently his tax cuts are getting some good reviews, as little as I understand that stuff. On the negative side, he's obviously a bit of a one trick pony and has been making it up as he goes along, he uses people as cannon fodder, and his ego makes Oprah look like Mother Teresa.
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2018 at 7:33pm
''Logistical'' issues Shocked

Seems Melania doesn't like flying with Trump anymore. There's been severe turbulence since things turned ''Stormy''. LOL

Washington (CNN)First lady Melania Trump, in a change of plans, will not be joining President Donald Trump on his trip to the World Economic Forum in Davos, Switzerland, later this week.

East Wing communications director Stephanie Grisham confirmed to CNN that the first lady's decision to forgo the trip was based on "scheduling and logistical issues."
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2018 at 7:38pm
Do you write material for Studio 10, PT?
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2018 at 7:45pm
What is Studio 10? Confused
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2018 at 7:46pm
Isn't that the show with Jessica Rowe, Delvene Delaney et al?
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2018 at 7:47pm
No idea 
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2018 at 7:49pm
Well there's a career opportunity for you. Look into it.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2018 at 9:22pm
This is big. New TPP sans USA

Japan’s Motegi: TPP II will be signed on 8 March

By Dhwani Mehta

Japanese Economy Minister Motegi was out on the wires last minutes, via Reuters, making a statement on the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) II agreement.

Reuters reported Motegi as saying, “eleven countries aiming to forge a new Asia-Pacific trade pact after the United States pulled out of an earlier version will hold a signing ceremony in Chile in March.”

Key Points:

TPP II will be signed on 8 March.

TPP II articles for signature have been finalized.

Canada also working toward signing off in March.

I believe Canada will follow-through on that.

TPP II will be the engine to overcome protectionism rising in some parts of the world.

Will explain to the US about the importance of TPP and hope they will return to the deal.

Want TPP to expand once it comes into force.

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2018 at 9:32pm
http://www.straitstimes.com/business/economy/japan-says-trans-pacific-trade-pact-without-us-to-be-signed-in-march

TOKYO – Eleven countries, including Singapore, aiming to enter an ambitious Pacific Rim trade deal after the United States pulled out from an earlier version, have come to an agreement following two days of talks in Tokyo that ended on Tuesday (Jan 23).

The countries will now work towards inking the deal, now known as the Comprehensive and Progressive Agreement for Trans-Pacific Partnership (CPTPP), by early March. 

Japanese public broadcaster NHK reported March 8 as the date being mooted for the signing ceremony to be held in Chile.

Singapore’s Minister for Trade and Industry (Trade) Lim Hng Kiang said in a statement on Tuesday: “Singapore is pleased by the good outcome on the CPTPP. We have made significant efforts to uphold the spirit and substance of the original agreement, while maintaining its high ambition and overall balance.

The deal, when entered into force, will substantially lower tariffs on a wide range of goods. Even without the US, it will be attractive for Singapore companies which will gain access to a market of 500 million people with a combined output of US$10 trillion (S$13.2 trillion).

Mr Lim noted that Singapore companies will stand to gain from the “substantial elimination of tariffs and non-tariff barriers for goods, improved access for service suppliers in a wide range of sectors, greater facilitation of investments, and improved access to government procurement contracts”.

Japan and Australia have been flagbearers of the deal since President Donald Trump pulled the US out of it, with prime ministers Shinzo Abe and Malcolm Turnbull agreeing in Tokyo last week to take the lead in urging countries to ink the deal by March.

The CPTPP supercedes the original TPP, with 20 provisions of the original document suspended, mostly on intellectual property. The other countries to the deal are Canada, Chile, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Peru and Vietnam.

While the 11 nations reached a broad consensus on the deal on the sidelines of the Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation meeting in Da Nang, Vietnam, in November last year, questions arose after Canada – the second largest economy in the bloc after Japan – wavered.

Canada was the holdout, in seeking greater protection of its French-speaking cultural industries such as movies, television and music. It was also unhappy with the rules of origin for cars.

These outstanding issues were among those that were resolved following two days of talks among senior officials from the 11 countries in Tokyo. The officials finalised the list of suspended provisions, and completed the legal verification of the agreement, Singapore’s Ministry for Trade and Industry (MTI) said in a news statement.

The MTI added that the outcome “reaffirms the CPTPP countries’ collective commitment towards greater trade liberalisation and regional integration”.

“The CPTPP continues to be an important, high quality agreement, and is a good example of a plurilateral agreement from which countries each stand to benefit. In this spirit, the agreement will also be open for other willing and like-minded economies to join in future.”

Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2018 at 10:05pm
Originally posted by stayer stayer wrote:

He's full of Whale stayer - he was defending Jessica when she had a crack at Milo on that show, and she was dismantled as a cancerous feminist ... selective amnesia again!Embarrassed
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2018 at 10:07pm
Proof?
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2018 at 10:14pm
Do you really need proof that you are full of Whale?Embarrassed
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2018 at 10:23pm
Proof that I was defending someone called Jessica re her having a crack at Milo.

Take your timeThumbs Up
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2018 at 10:30pm
Originally posted by Dr E Dr E wrote:

Originally posted by stayer stayer wrote:

He's full of Whale stayer - he was defending Jessica when she had a crack at Milo on that show, and she was dismantled as a cancerous feminist ... selective amnesia again!Embarrassed

That would be very dishonest. I refuse to believe it (and so does he.)
Shammy Davis View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shammy Davis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2018 at 1:18am
Originally posted by Dr E Dr E wrote:

What would happen if you were responsible for shutting down the US Government ... BUT NOBODY EVEN NOTICED!!!Embarrassed

Come on PT, I've been waiting for your commentary on the Master Strategist and Hard-Ass Deal Maker, your man ... "CRYIN' CHUCK" SCHUMER!Geek

Other than giving the Republicans a huge boost in the polls, and making The Donald send an extra couple of tweets, what exactly did he achieve with the already infamous;

"SCHUMER SHUT DOWN, gelati MY PANTS and SELLOUT"?Embarrassed

The Master of the Deal didn't even need to get out of his pajamas to own this light weight nuff nuff!LOL

#dontcryformechucktheschmuck

... thoughts.
   Schumer sold out the resistance and PT can't even acknowledge the truth. Petty. Petty. Petty.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/01/22/opinion/schumer-sellout-resistance-shutdown.html
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2018 at 1:33am
Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

Proof that I was defending someone called Jessica re her having a crack at Milo.

Take your timeThumbs Up

Sorry, so you were in agreement with Milo ... my mistake.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shammy Davis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2018 at 2:18am

<span style="color: rgb51, 51, 51; font-family: SelaneTen, Georgia, "Times New Roman", Times, serif; font-size: 19px;">JAKARTA (THE JAKARTA POST/ASIA NEWS NETWORK) - Indonesia's newly sworn-in Air Force chief of staff Air Marshall Yuyu Sutisna has said he would make the procurement of Russian-made Sukhoi SU-35 jet fighters and radar top of the list of the first priority programs.</span><p style="-sizing: border-; margin: 0px 0px 20px; padding-right: 50px; color: rgb51, 51, 51; font-family: SelaneTen, Georgia, "Times New Roman", Times, serif; font-size: 19px;">Speaking after his inauguration at the State Palace on Wednesday (Jan 17), Air Marshall Yuyu said he was waiting for the contract to be signed to procure 11 Sukhoi units that would replace the F5-E Tiger jet fighters.

<p style="-sizing: border-; margin: 0px 0px 20px; padding-right: 50px; color: rgb51, 51, 51; font-family: SelaneTen, Georgia, "Times New Roman", Times, serif; font-size: 19px;">"I want the Sukhoi (purchase contract) to be signed as soon as possible, hopefully this month," he told The Jakarta Poston Wednesday.

<p style="-sizing: border-; margin: 0px 0px 20px; padding-right: 50px; color: rgb51, 51, 51; font-family: SelaneTen, Georgia, "Times New Roman", Times, serif; font-size: 19px;">The Indonesian Military (TNI) had announced the planned acquisition of the 11 Russian-made Sukhoi Su-35 Flanker jet fighters last year. Russia has pledged to buy Indonesian commodities for half of the value of the contract, which was worth some US$1.14 billion (S$1.4 billion), and provide a transfer-of-technology worth another 35 per cent.

<p style="-sizing: border-; margin: 0px 0px 20px; padding-right: 50px; color: rgb51, 51, 51; font-family: SelaneTen, Georgia, "Times New Roman", Times, serif; font-size: 19px;">http://www.straitstimes.com/asia/se-asia/indonesias-new-air-force-chief-to-prioritise-procurement-of-jet-fighters

Arms purchases and defense alliances are 2 different things. The USA bought both Russian and Chinese equipment for both Iraq and Afghanistan. No one should be surprised at such deals. Everyone knows that Pakistan has kept a firm under the table working relationship with Russian. PT's Pak info is petty old conversation. There are plenty of contradictory news stories coming out of Asia, but Mattis appears to have a handle on the situation.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/checkpoint/wp/2018/01/23/secretary-mattis-seeks-ties-with-once-brutal-indonesia-special-forces-unit-with-an-eye-on-china/?utm_term=.36acba9bcd4f

As for TPP2, we will have to see how it works without we yanks. In one report, TPP2 is firm for March signing in Chile. In another, Canada is still looking for wiggle room to protect French Canadian trademark proprietary influence. Don't see anyone shaking in the their boots in the states over the withdrawal. DOW just hit 10th record high since Trump was elected.

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2018 at 6:28am
Schumer took McConnel at his word. Are you saying that was a mistake? Most others are saying the lying rodent shouldn't be trusted at all. 17 days should determine whether it was the right thing to do. Schumer put the 800,000 first. You mob delight in putting grubby politics first with zero concern for those people's lives. Trump/Miller/Kelly still have to accept a deal for them.

On TPP 11 you sound like a typical insecure ex....you cant possibly go on without me. LOL
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2018 at 7:26am
As for your dismissing of Indonesia getting 11 of only 18 Sukhoi SU-35s sold outside Russia....try againWink 

Your over rated Raptors wouldn't take them on in Syria last year after a Raptor failed to shoot down an aged SAF 1980's Mig at it's first attempt

We dont have Raptors, we have been sold your old 3.5 generation refurbished F-35A after the B and C failed, while Indonesia gets 11 Russian 4.5 generation Fighters which are so good, they have backed off the release of their 5th generation T-50 fighters

Maybe we should cancel the old junk you are dumping on us and buy some Euro-fighters or wait for our new Chinese friends to supply us with J-20s to get in front of Indonesia again

You dont think the sale to Indonesia was a statement by Russia/China as was the very public announcement of the Pakistan offer? 

10,000 Chinese battle ready marines off to Djibouti this year also Wink
Shrunk in the Wash View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2018 at 7:46am
Not sure if this has been mentioned here but This is Chuck Schumer 2013

"Or this. 'I believe in immigration reform. What if I persuaded my caucus to say 'I'm going to shut down the government, I'm not going to pay the bills unless I get my way.' This is confrontation of idiocy and paralysis.'
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2018 at 8:53am
Originally posted by Shrunk in the Wash Shrunk in the Wash wrote:

"Or this. 'I believe in immigration reform. What if I persuaded my caucus to say 'I'm going to shut down the government, I'm not going to pay the bills unless I get my way.' This is confrontation of idiocy and paralysis.'

Trump 4 days the shutdown...and yet?

I'll take the heat. I don't care," said Trump.

"My positions are going to be what the people in this room come up with," the president later told the press pool. "If they come to me with things I'm not in love with, I'm going to do it, because I respect them," Trump said,

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shammy Davis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2018 at 10:02am

As for your dismissing of Indonesia getting 11 of only 18 Sukhoi SU-35s sold outside Russia....try againWink 

Your over rated Raptors wouldn't take them on in Syria last year after a Raptor failed to shoot down an aged SAF 1980's Mig at it's first attempt

We dont have Raptors, we have been sold your old 3.5 generation refurbished F-35A after the B and C failed, while Indonesia gets 11 Russian 4.5 generation Fighters which are so good, they have backed off the release of their 5th generation T-50 fighters

Maybe we should cancel the old junk you are dumping on us and buy some Euro-fighters or wait for our new Chinese friends to supply us with J-20s to get in front of Indonesia again

You dont think the sale to Indonesia was a statement by Russia/China as was the very public announcement of the Pakistan offer? 

10,000 Chinese battle ready marines off to Djibouti this year also Wink

You crack me up. Time for your anxiety meds, is it? So your military has purchased some equipment that you are not pleased with. Hey man, go buy your stuff from some other country. I will shed a tear for a second or two. Okay, that's over now so back to dealing with your expansive imagination and the relentless stupidity of your posts. Now exactly when is one of your anti-Trump predictions going to come true? Just one correct prediction would be acceptable. One? 10,000 chinese marines to Djibouti. With rifles, I assume. Personal flotation devices? That is what the Chinese call their amphibious ships.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2018 at 10:25am
Glowing reports on the early morning news for Trump.
Stating how unusual it was for a President to say ...    "Interview and question as many as you like".
Whatever it is they are looking for hasn't appeared in over a year .

What a good Man .      Company Tax attractive for Business Investment, Power & fuel cheap as. ?.        Cleaning out the swamp.
Making America great again. Jobs growth , Stock exchange on fire .

No mention of Australia's achievements.        I have noted 3, $50 increases in Utility Services in recent weeks ( that equates, near to a 10% decrease in pensions . )   Plus another energy increase announced.

Our Ladies are returning to making conventional love ,    They are finding they can't afford batteries.
Shrunk in the Wash View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2018 at 10:38am

Originally posted by Shrunk in the Wash Shrunk in the Wash wrote:

"Or this. 'I believe in immigration reform. What if I persuaded my
caucus to say 'I'm going to shut down the government, I'm not going to
pay the bills unless I get my way.' This is confrontation of idiocy and
paralysis.'

Trump 4 days the shutdown...and yet?

<p style="user-: text; margin: 0px 0px 18px; padding: 0px; color: rgb66, 72, 88; font-family: "Gotham Narrow SSm 4r", Arial; font-size: 16px;">I'll take the heat. I don't care," said Trump.

<p style="user-: text; margin: 0px 0px 18px; padding: 0px; color: rgb66, 72, 88; font-family: "Gotham Narrow SSm 4r", Arial; font-size: 16px;">"My positions are going to be what the people in this room come up with," the president later told the press pool. "If they come to me with things I'm not in love with, I'm going to do it, because I respect them," Trump said,

So we can say they both lied
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shammy Davis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2018 at 10:41am
Originally posted by maccamax maccamax wrote:

Glowing reports on the early morning news for Trump.
Stating how unusual it was for a President to say ...    "Interview and question as many as you like".
Whatever it is they are looking for hasn't appeared in over a year .

What a good Man .      Company Tax attractive for Business Investment, Power & fuel cheap as. ?.        Cleaning out the swamp.
Making America great again. Jobs growth , Stock exchange on fire .

No mention of Australia's achievements.        I have noted 3, $50 increases in Utility Services in recent weeks ( that equates, near to a 10% decrease in pensions . )   Plus another energy increase announced.

Our Ladies are returning to making conventional love ,    They are finding they can't afford batteries.
Boggles the mind. The way PT is posting about yank products I can only hope the bad batteries were made in China.

I was thinking about all of PT's anti-yank posts. I think he should return to his past username Browndog. For the past 400 pages he has definitely been barking up the wrong tree.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2018 at 11:23am
Everything is made in China, Shammy, even the stuff made in North Korea that I am 100% certain you use, that is  branded Chinese Wink
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2018 at 11:30am
Shammy how do you think Little Lyin' Jeff went in his Mr Mueller interview investigating obstruction of justice(according to his lawyer)

Do you reckon he miraculously found that memory he had lost in 3 congressional hearings,and ratted on the whole Trump sh*tshow,  or do you think he held fast and was prepared to go to prison for Dear Leader Dotard? 

He doesn't strike me as particularly brave. Shocked

As for when it will bring results, Mr Mueller has a lot of hard work in front of him yet. Nobody realized how vast this criminal enterprise was. Here is some detail on 90 or so actions so far. 

I never realized just how many had been before grand juries, been subpoenaed or were under charge or warrant

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2018 at 12:03pm
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shammy Davis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2018 at 12:59pm

Anyone can see that this car is backing up. That can't be good for your hero.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2018 at 1:23pm
What were your views on Mr Mueller some years ago PT ?.

I think he was making news way back .
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 398399400401402 1094>