Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

The Trump Presidency

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 378379380381382 1094>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2018 at 9:53am
[

When you go to Thailand for medical treatment you might want to check out its plastic surgery services. I am just reminded of Prince Phillip's slitty eyes gaffe and the possibility that you and Whale might want to start conforming physically and emotionally to Chinese control. Hong Kong was just the beginning.[/QUOTE]

You mean returning Hong Kong to its original owners, I see, what a travesty Confused
Just what we expect from Americans led by Trump, no knowledge or interest in anything outside the good old USA. It was returned because the 99 year lease ended, no military takeover Clown

China lost Hong Kong to Great Britain in the Opium Wars, and later leased adjacent territories to the British under duress. Britain's reign over Hong Kong dates back to the 1842 Treaty of Nanking, which ended the First Opium War.  In 1898, the British and Chinese governments signed the Second Convention of Peking, which included a 99-year lease agreement for the islands surrounding Hong Kong, called the "New Territories."  The lease awarded control of more than 200 surrounding small islands to the British. In return, China got a promise that the islands would be returned to it after 99 years.
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2018 at 10:07am
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2018 at 10:13am
Some of those figures look dubious to me though- 1 in 8 American kids die before the age of 5.Shocked
max manewer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2018 at 10:18am
Originally posted by Tlazolteotl Tlazolteotl wrote:

Some of those figures look dubious to me though- 1 in 8 American kids die before the age of 5.Shocked

No, those figures are for the bottom-rung, third-world nations.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2018 at 10:19am
Originally posted by max manewer max manewer wrote:

DO'H Embarrassed I've got a damn flu- that's my excuse.
Shammy Davis View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shammy Davis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2018 at 10:21am
Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

Originally posted by Shammy Davis Shammy Davis wrote:

That is why China is quickly consuming the world Whale. Rather than invade, and destroy, the Chinese ask countries how they can help financially, lend to them for infrastructure, offer technical assistance and form trading and strategic partnerships. It is causing members of our govt to lose their minds over our neighbors 

Your worries about Trump are chump change compared to what OZ should worry about as Chinese imperialism expands globally. This slightly dated article sums it up.

https://www.newyorker.com/news/news-desk/china-in-africa-the-new-imperialists

When you go to Thailand for medical treatment you might want to check out its plastic surgery services. I am just reminded of Prince Phillip's slitty eyes gaffe and the possibility that you and Whale might want to start conforming physically and emotionally to Chinese control. Hong Kong was just the beginning.

China has been for all 4-5,000 years of recorded history the worlds most populous country. . . I cant think of a single country outside their region they have traveled to and conquered by military force

Why have they waited till now and why, now that they are the richest country on the planet again?
I didn't say anything about military force. China exerts power and influence in other subtle ways. Whale is pleased, I know.
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2018 at 10:27am
[

Why have they waited till now and why, now that they are the richest country on the planet again?
[/QUOTE] I didn't say anything about military force. China exerts power and influence in other subtle ways. Whale is pleased, I know. [/QUOTE]

Well I did eat Chinese take away last night, i never eat American, is there such a thing ?
max manewer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2018 at 10:29am

Originally posted by max manewer max manewer wrote:

DO'H Embarrassed I've got a damn flu- that's my excuse.

Get well soon ! Those most desperately poor countries are nearly all in west equatorial Africa, one wonders how that situation came about.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shammy Davis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2018 at 11:11am
Originally posted by Whale Whale wrote:

. . . i never eat American, is there such a thing ?
Of course there is.

http://www.businessinsider.com/the-25-most-american-foods-of-all-time-2013-7

Wouldn't be surprised to know most of these dishes are available and enjoyed in OZ.
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2018 at 11:14am
Didn't the American Diet do Elvis in? Shocked
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2018 at 11:14am
Donald J. Trump @realDonaldTrump

Reason I canceled my trip to London is that I am not a big fan of the Obama Administration having sold perhaps the best located and finest embassy in London for “peanuts,” only to build a new one in an off location for 1.2 billion dollars. Bad deal. Wanted me to cut ribbon-NO!

What a freakin' ignoramus.Clap

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2018/01/12/ap-fact-check-trump-claims-london-embassy-is-bad-deal.html

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2018 at 11:23am

That is why China is quickly consuming the world Whale. Rather than invade, and destroy, the Chinese ask countries how they can help financially, lend to them for infrastructure, offer technical assistance and form trading and strategic partnerships. It is causing members of our govt to lose their minds over our neighbors 

Your worries about Trump are chump change compared to what OZ should worry about as Chinese imperialism expands globally. This slightly dated article sums it up.

When you go to Thailand for medical treatment you might want to check out its plastic surgery services. I am just reminded of Prince Phillip's slitty eyes gaffe and the possibility that you and Whale might want to start conforming physically and emotionally to Chinese control. Hong Kong was just the beginning.

China has been for all 4-5,000 years of recorded history the worlds most populous country. . . I cant think of a single country outside their region they have traveled to and conquered by military force

I didn't say anything about military force. China exerts power and influence in other subtle ways. Whale is pleased, I know.

Yes but you dont care about Chinese economic power, remember? You applaud and support this isolationist bloke who wants to withdraw America from the rest of the world. What does it matter what China does outside white fortress America?
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2018 at 11:34am

Originally posted by Whale Whale wrote:

. . . i never eat American, is there such a thing ?
Of course there is.

http://www.businessinsider.com/the-25-most-american-foods-of-all-time-2013-7

Wouldn't be surprised to know most of these dishes are available and enjoyed in OZ.

what utter fast food cr ap, so many McDonalds, Wendy's, KFC "dishes " there, impressive cuisine LOL
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shammy Davis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2018 at 11:37am

Yes but you dont care about Chinese economic power, remember? You applaud and support this isolationist bloke who wants to withdraw America from the rest of the world. What does it matter what China does outside white fortress America?

I don't care. True. All we want is fair trade. China is your neighbor. News reports in states indicate Hong Kong population not particularly pleased with Chinese rule. What about Tibet? Actually Chinese military has entered that country according to DIA. Military building islands in China Sea? Is this your head in the sand naivety on display?

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2018 at 11:38am
Why are they building islands?
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2018 at 11:43am
America has never invaded countries, directly or by stealth Confused
Baguette View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baguette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2018 at 11:53am

[URL=https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump]<span ="TweetAuthor-decoratedName]
      <span ="TweetAuthor-name Identity-name customisable-highlight" title="Donald J. Trump" -scribe="element:name]Donald J. Trump</span>
      <span ="TweetAuthor-verifiedBadge" -scribe="element:verified_badge]
<b ="u-Visually]✔</span>
    </span>
    <span ="TweetAuthor-screenName Identity-screenName" title="@realDonaldTrump" -scribe="element:screen_name" dir="ltr]@realDonaldTrump</span>
[/URL]

<div ="Tweet- e-entry-" -scribe="component:tweet">

<p ="Tweet-text e-entry-title" dir="ltr" lang="en">Reason I canceled my trip to London is that I am not a big fan of the Obama Administration having sold perhaps the best located and finest embassy in London for “peanuts,” only to build a new one in an off location for 1.2 billion dollars. Bad deal. Wanted me to cut ribbon-NO!

<p ="Tweet-text e-entry-title" dir="ltr" lang="en">

<p ="Tweet-text e-entry-title" dir="ltr" lang="en">What a freakin' ignoramus.Clap

<p ="Tweet-text e-entry-title" dir="ltr" lang="en">

<p ="Tweet-text e-entry-title" dir="ltr" lang="en">http://www.foxnews.com/world/2018/01/12/ap-fact-check-trump-claims-london-embassy-is-bad-deal.html

Oh dear poor Donald! The scary thing about Trump is not that he is so ignorant but that he doesn't even realise how ignorant he is! This talk of the London American Embassy reminds of the story from years ago about the then Duke of Westminster being asked if he would like to donate the site of their Embassy to the American people. His answer was he'd gladly make the donation if the American people would give Virginia back to his family! Naturally it didn't happen.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2018 at 11:56am
Hey Shammy, put 3 Chinese carrier groups(if they had them) and 100,000 troops in and around the Gulf of Mexico, and I reckon America would be doing more than just building islands

While the US thinks Sth Korea and Japan are their 51st and 52nd states things will always be ''unusual'' there
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2018 at 11:58am
The way that Trump is always trying to denigrate Obama you would swear that Obama had screwed Trump's wife. But screwing other men's wives is not something Obama does so I'm at a bit of a loss to explain it.Wink
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2018 at 12:03pm
Worse than that, he is African....Kenyan to be more precise
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2018 at 12:05pm
From one of those sh*thole places, and he has someone chasing the birth certificate to prove it.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2018 at 12:23pm
So Many =     Clutching for straws.
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2018 at 12:29pm

The way that Trump is always trying to denigrate Obama you would swear that Obama had screwed Trump's wife. But screwing other men's wives is not something Obama does so I'm at a bit of a loss to explain it.Wink

Well he craves to be loved, and he ain't getting the lurv.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2018 at 12:30pm
Dont worry maxie. Put the Tangerine Traitor in an orange jumpsuit and America can be great againThumbs Up
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shammy Davis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2018 at 12:30pm

Hey Shammy, put 3 Chinese carrier groups(if they had them) and 100,000 troops in and around the Gulf of Mexico, and I reckon America would be doing more than just building islands

While the US thinks Sth Korea and Japan are their 51st and 52nd states things will always be ''unusual'' there
Why don't you let the Chinese help with OZ'S security? Sounds good to me. As for the Chinese messing around in the Gulf of Mexico, the Russians tried that in the 60's. Don't think that will work for the Chinese either. We don't need to build islands. Our carrier groups suffice.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2018 at 12:33pm

Why don't you let the Chinese help with OZ'S security? Sounds good to me. As for the Chinese messing around in the Gulf of Mexico, the Russians tried that in the 60's. Don't think that will work for the Chinese either. We don't need to build islands. Our carrier groups suffice.

They have a 99 year lease on Darwin port. We are just waiting for the first wave of Chinese sailors on leave.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2018 at 12:35pm
Australia doesn't have to cross water to find our enemies ,

We've done a mighty job of importing them ,    allowing them to breed and join TBV.        =
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2018 at 1:06pm
Originally posted by maccamax maccamax wrote:

Australia doesn't have to cross water to find our enemies ,

We've done a mighty job of importing them ,    allowing them to breed and join TBV.        =

LOL   poor old codger, thinks he has any say or influence on what happens in Australia, how he wishes it was 1950 Cry
Isaac soloman View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Isaac soloman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2018 at 1:17pm

India to block Australia from naval exercise amid concerns it could inflame diplomatic tensions with China

However, in India there has been growing speculation among military officials that New Delhi will shortly reject Australia's request to take part in this year's exercises, also because of concerns over China's possible reaction to the move.
why?
Isaac soloman View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Isaac soloman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2018 at 1:17pm

Malcolm Turnbull and Shinzo Abe to discuss Australia-Japan military deal amid China concerns

By political reporter Caitlyn Gribbin and defence reporter Andrew Greene

Updated 25 minutes ago

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 378379380381382 1094>