Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

The Trump Presidency

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 315316317318319 1094>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2017 at 2:44pm
Plenty of companies appear to pay no tax, it is almost an "honour" system. Much easier to tax addicts (aka smokers) at $20+ a packet.
max manewer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2017 at 2:47pm
Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

When he gets back he might inform us how much tax the Catholic Church doesn't pay in Australia, under their tax exempt status.. 

I certainly am not an apologist for any church, in case you hadn't noticed.
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2017 at 2:50pm
Dont worry he will have plenty to say about it. Little of it will make sense and there are sure to be Marxists and ratbags involved, but there will be plenty of it
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2017 at 2:56pm
It amazes me that people cannot see that growing the pyramid scheme that is the "economy", doesn't make the pointy end any bigger, it just expands the base of it, right down there at the bottom. And it is chockers with people who will remain there, waiting for the trickle down, which will likely be the guys at the top p!ssing on them.
cabosanlucas View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cabosanlucas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2017 at 6:30pm
Originally posted by max manewer max manewer wrote:

Show me the street demos with flag waving against tax inequality, and I will start believing you. All I see is RAINBOWS !

bingo!

their isnt a rainbow flag on every twitter account, rallies with violence at the tax office or in big corporations foyers...no tears from politicians when they get a win over bg business, or dances in the street and parks.

great point again. 👍
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cabosanlucas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2017 at 6:34pm

You can't even get cabo onboard to bag me on this max, and that is a reflex reaction for him...says something. LOL

Not so fast marx.

your cult are much more heavily invested in changing society than changing the economy.

that was the essence of max point....and it was as sweet as vanilla. 👌
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cabosanlucas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2017 at 6:38pm

When he gets back he might inform us how much tax the Catholic Church doesn't pay in Australia, under their tax exempt status.. 

lemme get the calculator....

$0 + $0 = $0.

stop being greedy.

JudgeHolden View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JudgeHolden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2017 at 6:47pm

...and that SJW's rarely mention such things, is even more mind-numbing, preferring to talk about any inequalities, other than the "elephant in the room".

The strongest support for SSM seemed to come from the most affluent regions. They're hardly about to protest income equality. You're conflating social policy with economic policy. Apple and oranges there.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JudgeHolden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2017 at 6:51pm
Anecdotal of course, but the gays I know are DINK professionals. Cashed up to the eyeballs. Staunch tories the lot of them.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cabosanlucas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2017 at 6:55pm
Originally posted by JudgeHolden JudgeHolden wrote:

Anecdotal of course, but the gays I know are DINK professionals. Cashed up to the eyeballs. Staunch tories the lot of them.

interestingly, john laws made that same observation to a caller on friday, saying his gay friends are all well off. but that may have a little more to do with his social set. he did say not having to raise kids was the main reason...which sounds reasonable.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2017 at 7:00pm

...and that SJW's rarely mention such things, is even more mind-numbing, preferring to talk about any inequalities, other than the "elephant in the room".

The strongest support for SSM seemed to come from the most affluent regions. They're hardly about to protest income equality. You're conflating social policy with economic policy. Apple and oranges there.

It is not so much income inequality, as tax inequality. If someone told you 40 years ago that some wage earners would pay a bigger % of their income than many companies, you'd be thought mad, but that is where it is at, or heading.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JudgeHolden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2017 at 7:05pm
Originally posted by cabosanlucas cabosanlucas wrote:

interestingly, john laws made that same observation to a caller on friday, saying his gay friends are all well off. but that may have a little more to do with his social set. he did say not having to raise kids was the main reason...which sounds reasonable.

It's a very small sample set and not indicative of all gays, but all the more reason why this result has absolutely nothing to do with Marxism.Wink
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2017 at 7:13pm
Karl or Groucho ? But don't worry, quite a few "professional" activists were heavily invested in the SSM "cause", they needed to find a more worthy use of their energies, in my opinion.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JudgeHolden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2017 at 7:21pm
A "professional activist" is some whose opinion can reliably be discarded, whatever barrow they're pushing.
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2017 at 11:49pm

US President Donald Trump says he is putting plans to reverse a ban on the importation of body parts from African elephants shot for sport on hold until he can "review all conservation facts".

On Thursday, the US Fish and Wildlife Service said it would allow elephant trophies in Zimbabwe and Zambia to be imported.

The agency said encouraging wealthy big-game hunters to kill the threatened species would help raise money for conservation programs.

But today Mr Trump tweeted that he was delaying the new policy, saying he would review the issue with Interior Secretary Ryan Zinke.

The decision to reverse the ban had been quickly praised by groups that champion big-game trophy hunting.

But it drew sharp criticism from conservation groups — who argued the move would further imperil endangered species — and others on social media, who pointed out that Mr Trump's two adult sons are avid trophy hunters.

A photo of Donald Trump Jr holding a knife and the bloody severed tail of an elephant in Zimbabwe in 2011 sparked anger among animal rights activists.

Elephant trophies are 'blood currency' for terrorists

On Friday, the Republican chairman of the House Foreign Affairs Committee, Ed Royce, urged the administration not to reverse the ban.

Mr Royce questioned the action because of concerns not only about African wildlife but US national security, citing the political upheaval in Zimbabwe, where longtime President Robert Mugabe was placed under house arrest this week by the military.

"The administration should withdraw this decision until Zimbabwe stabilises," the committee chairman said in a statement.

animals before people.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2017 at 8:45am
Magda will be pleased.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JudgeHolden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2017 at 8:55am
I can just imagine Donny sitting down with Uday and Qusay and saying, “sorry boys, but if you want to bring back a trophy from overseas you’ll have to make it an Eastern European model like me.”
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2017 at 9:03am
I read the final words of Hideki Tojo last night.
The PM of Japan during most of WW2. He shot himself in 1945 at war's end , survived , only to be part of the longest trial in History. He was executed in December 1948.
    Very moving, his long explanation as to why japan attacked the USA.
He made humble apologies after being sentenced, Congratulated the USA and made many suggestions and predictions.
One that stands out was his view that the division of Korea was a terrible mistake and it was in the mix for WW3 which he felt was inevitable , unless East Asia was included in the worlds progress.
This is the area where WW3 would be ignited .
I found it so interesting after 70 years . Chit , where did those years go. I remember it as yesterday..      I think I stumbled on it on You Tube.
The Final words of Tojo should find it.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2017 at 9:30am
Originally posted by maccamax maccamax wrote:

The PM of Japan during most of WW2. He shot himself in 1945 at war's end , survived , only to be part of the longest trial in History. He was executed in December 1948.

Is this your advice for Donald, maxie? 

Bit extreme but then again he is in big trouble. 
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2017 at 9:38am

Originally posted by maccamax maccamax wrote:

Is this your advice for Donald, maxie? 

Bit extreme but then again he is in big trouble. 

NO NO NO PT ...      I think you more resemble Tojo's situation.
After all , his attacks on the Yanks were about as relentless as yours.      AND he lost too.
I hope your a better shot than Hideki ,    His aim wasn't good when he put himself in the cross hairs.       
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2017 at 9:47am
Maybe Tojo is telling Donny from his grave, in his call for equal treatment of East Asians, to finally sign a peace agreement with Kimmy so everyone can get on with moving forward peacefully

Dont think that will happen any time soon, so Kim will keep building his nuclear arsenal and tensions will remain. I think that is Trump's objective anyway. build fear, tensions and paranoia in the area and sell everyone plenty of US military gear
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cabosanlucas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2017 at 10:21am

Maybe Tojo is telling Donny from his grave, in his call for equal treatment of East Asians, to finally sign a peace agreement with Kimmy so everyone can get on with moving forward peacefully

Dont think that will happen any time soon, so Kim will keep building his nuclear arsenal and tensions will remain. I think that is Trump's objective anyway. build fear, tensions and paranoia in the area and sell everyone plenty of US military gear

nah it wont happen, you are right. obama, bush and clinton didnt want a peace agreement with north korea to allow everyone to get along and move forward. big don had some good teachers huh...
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2017 at 10:22am

That's good business...      Coles do it every day.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2017 at 11:41am

nah it wont happen, you are right. obama, bush and clinton didnt want a peace agreement with north korea to allow everyone to get along and move forward. big don had some good teachers huh...

Your unwavering commitment to Donny is misplaced. How come you aren't opposed to him this week? Is it every other week you renounce him? 

You are hard to keep up with
Redemption View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Redemption Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2017 at 1:50pm
I wouldnt doubt Trumps golfing talent.
Plenty to doubt though if you support killing elephants and God knows what else.
I would ditch him just on that alone.

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2017 at 2:04pm
With the amount of golf he plays he should be ok at it
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cabosanlucas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2017 at 2:06pm

Your unwavering commitment to Donny is misplaced. How come you aren't opposed to him this week? Is it every other week you renounce him? 

You are hard to keep up with

you mean im not a pom pom waving, bum sniffing, ideologically ingrained, cult-like political hack??

thanks for the confirmation.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2017 at 2:09pm
You are all that.
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2017 at 2:18pm
"Golf match? I've won 18 Club Championships including this weekend."

Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2017 at 8:15pm

Does it occur to you cabo, that PT is in reality Trumps biggest fan!Clap

He holds him in such high regard, that he expects him to achieve so much more than those who have come before him, but have failed dismally.

It all makes sense, the stalking, the criticism, he has him held high on that pedestal! Hug
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 315316317318319 1094>