Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

The Trump Presidency

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1617181920 1094>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote subastral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2017 at 4:31pm
Tlaz, you are being deliberately obtuse. They were on 1st name basis as he had been reporting on Trump for over 5 years. You really think he wouldn't know the guy was handicapped?
What about his comment, "you gotta see this guy". There are exactly zero other ways you can interpret the meaning of that sentence when he follows it up with impersonating him. Zero. And you know it.
rusty nails View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rusty nails Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2017 at 4:40pm
He was clearly insinuating the guy was retarded.
Otherwise why is this the only time he makes these gestures or talks like that?
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2017 at 4:56pm
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2017 at 5:01pm
Originally posted by subastral subastral wrote:

Tlaz, you are being deliberately obtuse. They were on 1st name basis as he had been reporting on Trump for over 5 years. You really think he wouldn't know the guy was handicapped?
What about his comment, "you gotta see this guy". There are exactly zero other ways you can interpret the meaning of that sentence when he follows it up with impersonating him. Zero. And you know it.

He said/he said. Journo says Trump knows him/Trump says he didn't remember him. No way of knowing what Trump's memory was at that moment. If you don't like Trump you say he did and was mocking his disability if you like Trump you say Trump didn't remember and it an equal opportunity mock. If you are magisterial and wise like me, you say you can't be sure either way.Wink
subastral View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote subastral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2017 at 5:44pm
Originally posted by Tlazolteotl Tlazolteotl wrote:

He said/he said. Journo says Trump knows him/Trump says he didn't remember him. No way of knowing what Trump's memory was at that moment. If you don't like Trump you say he did and was mocking his disability if you like Trump you say Trump didn't remember and it an equal opportunity mock. If you are magisterial and wise like me, you say you can't be sure either way.Wink

President material right there!!
subastral View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote subastral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2017 at 5:46pm
Love that video PT. Totally different actions in each one, but all prove the guy is not an adult.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2017 at 5:47pm
Exactly. Subby. Right in keeping with the mentality of his 3AM twitter activity
ExceedAndExcel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2017 at 6:09pm
Originally posted by Rattlesnake Rattlesnake wrote:

Originally posted by ExceedAndExcel ExceedAndExcel wrote:

May be just my sick sense of humour but I do find it quite hilarious that the right is getting all giddy about corporate welfare propping up uncompetitive industry. 

It becomes more complicated when trade partners use domestic policies to generate favorable outcomes for themselves.

I'd assume in the USA it's getting harder to explain domestic job losses on the basis of freer trade when a trade partner like the Chinese still hasn't floated it's currency and manipulates it at will.

Not really. Sure there are issues at play but none of them change the fact that the auto industry in the US is uncompetitive and propping up an uncompetitive industry is poor policy. Do you really think this is a long term solution to save these jobs? The production of cars is becoming more and more automated and there will come a point in the near future when these jobs won't be needed anyway. The money wasted on corporate welfare would be better spent reskilling these people so they can find long term work elsewhere.

That's actually all beside the point which evidently went over your head. Like I said, it's hilarious that the right are getting all giddy with excitement that these things have happened. Don't worry though, it's also hilarious that the left bemoans them.
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2017 at 6:43pm
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2017 at 6:44pm
PT you are needed LOL
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2017 at 6:48pm
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote rusty nails Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2017 at 7:32pm

May be just my sick sense of humour but I do find it quite hilarious that the right is getting all giddy about corporate welfare propping up uncompetitive industry. 

It becomes more complicated when trade partners use domestic policies to generate favorable outcomes for themselves.

I'd assume in the USA it's getting harder to explain domestic job losses on the basis of freer trade when a trade partner like the Chinese still hasn't floated it's currency and manipulates it at will.

Have a look at a chart, the Chinese have been strengthening their currency for more than a year, which is the opposite of what you are claiming.

Also, plenty of jobs have been lost to other countries.
Are they all manipulating their currencies?
cabosanlucas View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cabosanlucas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2017 at 9:24pm
celebrities and actors shouldnt talk about politics.

hey, lets elect a reality tv star as president.   
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2017 at 10:38pm
^ or a B grade actor? 

Look, if this guy has the morals of Clinton and the intellect of George W junior (which I'm confident he does!), the world will still survive. 

Anyway, there's no changing it now, so;

Just stay calm and watch The Apprentice!Censored
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
JudgeHolden View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JudgeHolden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2017 at 11:00pm

Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

Dont robots build cars these days?

Best you tell Fiat that Passing Through, they just announced $1Bn investment in Michigan that they said will create 2,000 jobs.

Oh and Ford as well, they just announced $700m investment in Michigan that they said will create 700 jobs.

That's 2,700 direct jobs. I wonder what an extra $100m+ a year in salaries will create in indirect jobs?

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/fiat-chrysler-donald-trump-more-jobs-us-plants-michigan-ohio-cars-suvs-trucks-sergio-marchionne-a7517986.html
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2017 at 8:39am
My tip is Mad Dog Mattis will resign by the end of the year because he is by all acounts intelligent, dignified and principled and he will go mad trying to work in Trump World.
Isaac soloman View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Isaac soloman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2017 at 10:17am
Dont know if its been mentioned before but hollywood is good at foretelling the future. 
Meryls claiming that the arts will go and be replaced by sport and mixed martial arts has already been covered by hollywood. Just watch The Hunger Games!
As has already been pointed out Hollywood itself is responsible for a lot of the rubbish that happens in society today.
Ms Streep you cant have your cake and eat it too.
Another one for the deplorablesLOL
subastral View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote subastral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2017 at 10:18am
subastral View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote subastral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2017 at 10:19am
Cue fake news from the right.....
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Isaac soloman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2017 at 10:22am
Trumps not the first politician to "own" good news.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2017 at 10:24am
Kellyanne Anne Conway has given Streep some good advice- it's people like Streep who got Trump into power. My advice- stop lecturing and moralising, shut up and let them hang themselves as they surely will do. That applies to Democrat politicians too. Trump will do your job for you, ie wreck the Trump presidency and the Republicans, a hell of a lot better than you can.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Isaac soloman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2017 at 10:25am
Sometimes its more interesting to read the following comments of an article....to get perspective.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Isaac soloman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2017 at 10:26am
168 Comments
4 hours ago
Rinkaiso
They would say that, wouldn't they.
4 hours ago
Sirdirkfan
Didn't realize Chrysler-Fiat could be so daft.
Of course they're making the move all because Trump harped on that tax they don't want to pay for over a year and a half.
The German Fiat is responsible for that halfwit denial.
5 hours ago
speer@1946
Do You know how much had been the the total italian state funding to FIAT  over the years (since 1975 we have reliable data) ? The correct answer is: over 110 billion euro!
FIAT has been  the most assisted-by-the state company ever existed in the world!
Bye-Bye FIAT: Italian tax payers do not need you!

FRONTE NAZIONALE/ ITALIA

• 1 reply
5 hours ago
Anon
Yet another Forza Nuova fascist showing the reason why they only have 0,2% support in Italy. A failed ideology and a failed political force - more so after former Nazi, Licio Gelli, dies.
Rattlesnake View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rattlesnake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2017 at 10:34am
Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

You still haven't told me the effect his forcing better deals on all trading partners and making defense and intelligence partners pay big, will do to us Rattlesnake.  What will he cost us as our third biggest trading partner and principal defense partner? 

I have no issue with Trump wanting defense partners paying their way. You can't be a "partner" without actually contributing your fair share.

It's funny, for so long people complained about USA, World Police. Now Trump wants partners to step up and start contributing more themselves, and it's a negative.

The US budget isn't in a state to continue giving out free rides any longer. I'm not going to sit here and complain about that country looking to do more things to promote it's self interest, because that's exactly what we do as well.
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2017 at 10:36am
subastral View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote subastral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2017 at 10:51am
Buzzfeed have released the unverified report. Ol' Trumpy likes a golden shower......fascinating stuff!!
Rattlesnake View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rattlesnake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2017 at 10:56am

Not really. Sure there are issues at play but none of them change the fact that the auto industry in the US is uncompetitive and propping up an uncompetitive industry is poor policy. Do you really think this is a long term solution to save these jobs? The production of cars is becoming more and more automated and there will come a point in the near future when these jobs won't be needed anyway. The money wasted on corporate welfare would be better spent reskilling these people so they can find long term work elsewhere.

That's actually all beside the point which evidently went over your head. Like I said, it's hilarious that the right are getting all giddy with excitement that these things have happened. Don't worry though, it's also hilarious that the left bemoans them.

I disagree, and my point was covering 'uncompetitive' industries as a whole, not just the auto industry.

If an industry is uncompetitive partly because, for example, the Chinese decide to devalue the Yuan, it becomes harder to justify your country not responding.

I think I got your point, the right usually supports free markets and no Government intervention. My point is that those issues are intersecting with other issues that are strong with the right as well.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2017 at 10:57am

Buzzfeed have released the unverified report. Ol' Trumpy likes a golden shower......fascinating stuff!!

He had better hope Jeffrey Epstein is well looked after 
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2017 at 11:13am
Trump will not see out his first term, will be impeached or resign.

His dirty past, in a business sense, lies, unsavoury connections will bring him down.  Even The Teflon Man will not be able to withstand the s'storm about to rain down on him
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rusty nails Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2017 at 11:53am

I disagree, and my point was covering 'uncompetitive' industries as a whole, not just the auto industry.

If an industry is uncompetitive partly because, for example, the Chinese decide to devalue the Yuan, it becomes harder to justify your country not responding.

I think I got your point, the right usually supports free markets and no Government intervention. My point is that those issues are intersecting with other issues that are strong with the right as well.

Your example is ridiculous.
I told you previously to look at a chart.
Their currency has appreciated by 15% in the past 2 years.
This is opposite to the misinformation that you are regurgitating without understanding it.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1617181920 1094>