Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

The Trump Presidency

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 164165166167168 1094>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2017 at 11:03am
What is your alternative? When you find that perfect system, let us know. Dont be shy with it Thumbs Up
cabosanlucas View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cabosanlucas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2017 at 11:19am
Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

What is your alternative? When you find that perfect system, let us know. Dont be shy with it Thumbs Up

is that an admission you disregard international law?
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2017 at 11:30am
It is an admission that we live in an imperfect world where you can't bake a cake without some eggs being broken, or you can't purge the world of unchristian heathens without butchering a few. It is an unfair world that God could fix immediately if he so chose to do. Makes you wonder, doesn't it?
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2017 at 11:34am
Originally posted by Dr E Dr E wrote:

Originally posted by subastral subastral wrote:

15 years for trying to steal a propaganda sign, that results in his death. Awful. 
Disgrace you try and turn this into some warped victory for Trump though.

So because I point out something positive that Trump has done, I'm more disgraceful than the murderous North Korean regime ...? Confused

You never let us down subbie ... unhinged is an understatement!LOL

what a statesman is the Trumpster, "a lot of bad things happened to him, very bad".  And this is Trump at his most serious and earnest, trying his best Embarrassed
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2017 at 11:37am
Originally posted by Whale Whale wrote:

15 years for trying to steal a propaganda sign, that results in his death. Awful. 

So because I point out something positive that Trump has done, I'm more disgraceful than the murderous North Korean regime ...? Confused

what a statesman is the Trumpster, "a lot of bad things happened to him, very bad".  And this is Trump at his most serious and earnest, trying his best Embarrassed

Now he is blaming Obama for his death, saying he didn't do enough to get him free. Haven't two Americans been held hostage by NK under Trump so far?
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cabosanlucas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2017 at 11:46am

It is an admission that we live in an imperfect world where you can't bake a cake without some eggs being broken, or you can't purge the world of unchristian heathens without butchering a few. It is an unfair world that God could fix immediately if he so chose to do. Makes you wonder, doesn't it?

spoken like a true spiv politician PT.

in other words...a load of deflective, talking out the side of your mouth crap to hide an admission of guilt or gross injustice.

the world is a cake. great analogy 👍 ....chocolate or black forrest??

still didnt answer the question. one of your best replies though
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cabosanlucas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2017 at 11:50am
and lovely to know, those millions slaughtered in the theatre of war that helps bake the cake, are merely cracked eggs.

"Sorry for your loss. I know exactly how you feel. i dropped an egg and it cracked, went all over my clean floor. Bugger. ..,,"
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2017 at 11:51am
You got me Cry
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cabosanlucas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2017 at 11:52am

You got me Cry

are they tears for a cracked egg? how sad.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2017 at 11:54am
You can cut and paste that admission and add it to your little troll kit LOL
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cabosanlucas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2017 at 12:15pm

saying international law is a crock of sh*t isnt me trolling. its a belief of yours.

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2017 at 12:18pm
Originally posted by cabosanlucas cabosanlucas wrote:

saying international law is a crock of sh*t isnt me trolling. its a belief of yours.

Please dont tell anyone you have exposed me as a heartless bastard who supports international criminality, it will destroy my credibility as the bleeding heart the other half think I am. 
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cabosanlucas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2017 at 12:19pm

Originally posted by cabosanlucas cabosanlucas wrote:

Please dont tell anyone you have exposed me as a heartless bastard who supports international criminality, it will destroy my credibility as the bleeding heart the other half think I am. 

i didnt tell anyone. you did.

saintly96 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote saintly96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2017 at 1:18pm

Can hardly blame Trump.

He has to speak to millions of Americans on their level. Remember over 16 million Yanks think that chocolate milk comes fron brown cows.

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2017 at 1:42pm
I hope you are watching C-Span cabo.... Congressional hearings on authorization of military force...Accountability in action  
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2017 at 1:47pm
Originally posted by saintly96 saintly96 wrote:

Can hardly blame Trump.

He has to speak to millions of Americans on their level. Remember over 16 million Yanks think that chocolate milk comes fron brown cows.

yes because underneath it all Trump is an inspiring statesman , a brilliant orator LOL

Even Americans would understand words like terrible, awful, disgusting, horrific, inhuman, savage , Trump hasn't the imagination to mix it up even a little.  Not important except that is shows his superficial approach, lack of hard work, abysmal knowledge , not a President\s bootlace
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2017 at 1:57pm
He isn't and has never spoken to educated people Whale

He followed this up with a hollow threat. Not sure what more he can do besides invade NK though.

Already has 2 armadas there and the Chinese negotiating for him  

subastral View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote subastral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2017 at 2:44pm
He asked for thanks from Panama yesterday for the Canal....LOL
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2017 at 4:16pm
So can someone explain what a "Special Election" is in the USA?

I understand that there have been 9 of them this year - how have they been going?

There is mention in the media of "a big win for the President" ... not sure if PT has shared any of this news yet ...  

Thanks!Big smile
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
horlicks View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horlicks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2017 at 4:38pm
Their "special election" is the equivalent of our by election.

Hardly big wins for Trump when although Republicans held the seats their majorities were very much reduced.
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2017 at 4:48pm
Interesting, it seems that many people of the left were claiming the latest ones would be a "referendum on Trump's Presidency" ... 

Since he's won again, I'm certain that the Trump Deranged will now just;

say that the numbers are flawed;

go "Rrrrreeeeeeee!";

or claim that it was influenced by RUSSIA!!!Wacko.
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2017 at 5:16pm
There were 2 today and 4 recently. They were to replace people who joined #teamtraitor in the administration. All won by Republicans, all with reduced majorities
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2017 at 6:31pm
Team Trump- so much winning.
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2017 at 6:36pm

Interesting, it seems that many people of the left were claiming the latest ones would be a "referendum on Trump's Presidency" ... 

Since he's won again, I'm certain that the Trump Deranged will now just say that the numbers are flawed;

go "Rrrrreeeeeeee!"; or claim that it was influenced by RUSSIA!!!Wacko.  

What don't you understand about a significantly reduced majority in the by-elections? 
Flamethrower View Drop Down
Yearling
Yearling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flamethrower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2017 at 10:12pm
The sad putrid left got hammered last night with the special elections. There is a God !
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2017 at 11:03pm
UPDATED 10:28 PM JUN. 20, 2017

Georgia And South Carolina Special Elections

That’s A Wrap

So that’s that: The Republican won in Georgia 6, and the Republican won in South Carolina 5. We’ll have more to say Wednesday on what the results portend, but that does it for our live blog coverage.

Before we go, though, I asked FiveThirtyEighters for their main takeaway(s) from the results tonight. Here’s what they had to say:

Harry: Democrats have to be disappointed by the final result in Georgia. I don’t think there’s any other way to put it. They didn’t want another moral victory. The “reluctant” Trump vote is still mostly with President Trump — at least in Georgia 6. Of course, I’ll say what I have always said. We look at all the special elections, and we average them together. The South Carolina 5 result was good for Democrats. We’ll have more special election results over the months to come. We’ll see where those land.

Nate: For me, this is sort of the maximally “well, actually…” outcome. By which I mean it’s liable to be pretty demoralizing for Democrats and lead to some pretty bad headlines. But … well, actually … if you’re using special elections as benchmarks for what might happen in 2018, Democrats’ overperformance in South Carolina 5 is as impressive as Republicans’ holding on in Georgia 6. To the extent that the results could matter for things like the health care vote, it’s a good night for Republicans. To the extent that we’re forecasting 2018, I’m really not so sure.

Clare: I think Georgia 6, that reluctant Trump district, really lined up with what our surveys have said about reluctant Trump voters — that they’re still with him/the Republican Party, if only tepidly. I also think that money and hyped national attention can have a distorting effect on a race.

Perry: My main takeaway is to wonder how all this will affect the political agenda. Nate wrote about how the Georgia race might affect the health care vote in the Senate. I’m curious to see how it affects other things happening in Washington as well. The media has gotten more aggressive, not only on the Russia investigation, but also by describing how Trump/Republicans are violating norms. CNN’s White House reporter, for example, was slamming the administration on Monday for not allowing press briefings to be on camera or even recorded on audio. The Washington Post had a big story highlighting the closed-door health care process and other moves made by Trump and congressional Republicans that limited transparency. Media coverage, in my experience, gets tougher when a politician or party has low approval ratings. Trump is still in a weak position. But it’s not clear that congressional Republicans are, particularly, after tonight. I think how the media, along with Democrats in Congress, perceive the Handel win is just as important as tonight’s results.

Dave: I think a lot of people are going to be interpreting this result as a disaster for Democrats. Here’s why I think it’s not: 1. Special elections are often lagging, not leading, indicators. In 2010, Democrats surprisingly (and convincingly) held on to a southwestern Pennsylvania seat that John McCain had carried just five months before losing their House majority. The reason? The voters who showed up were ancestrally Democratic — almost a mirror image of what we saw tonight. 2. Turnout in the Georgia 6 special election was much higher than it’s likely to be in most districts in November 2018. That’s good news for Democrats, because they saw a surprisingly strong result tonight in South Carolina 5, where turnout was abysmal. As a rule, Democrats are more fired up than Republicans right now. So the more both sides turn out, Republicans stand to gain.

http://fivethirtyeight.com/live-blog/georgia-south-carolina-special-elections/

maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2017 at 11:15pm
We need Trump in The Qld State of Origin team .

On the half time scores that is.
Shammy Davis View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shammy Davis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2017 at 12:07am
Looks like all the Trump haters in GA and SC couldn't get their acts together with over $26 million to work with. Trump and Republicans win. Dems lose big. Haha.
Flamethrower View Drop Down
Yearling
Yearling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flamethrower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2017 at 12:15am
All the left are good for is p1ssing $$$ down the drain. Screw the left.
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2017 at 2:00am
Originally posted by Second Chance Second Chance wrote:

Since he's won again, I'm certain that the Trump Deranged will now just say that the numbers are flawed;

go "Rrrrreeeeeeee!"; or claim that it was influenced by RUSSIA!!!Wacko.  

What don't you understand about a significantly reduced majority in the by-elections? 

Did they lose? ... you mean like they "LOST" the election???

Ok on the count of 3

1, 2, "Rrrrrreeeeeeeeee!"

LOLLOLLOL
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 164165166167168 1094>