Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

The Trump Presidency

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 559560561562563 1094>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Redemption Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2018 at 11:00am
Monopolisation should be illegal.

In Hungary, we call it Wild Capitalism.

The total dominance of a business, being so powerful, they are an authority.
It isnt allowed in Hungary.

Things like You Tube, even Hitler couldnt stop free speech and civil liberties.
So You Tube and FB etc and taking things to a whole new dictatorship level.

People such as Alex Jones should go back to snail mail, and swamp the world with "leaflets".

Thats how pop culture started. Good ole leaflets.
Shammy Davis View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shammy Davis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2018 at 11:24am
Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

If democracy is so important to you why aren't you calling for the fixing of the heavily gerrymandered electoral districts . . .
Did you watch Laura Ingraham's white ruling class rant yesterday of Fox? She hit the nail on the head and this administration under Sessions racist agenda is carrying it out.

What did you think about what she said Shammy? David Duke described it as the most important monologue in recent history on MSM. 

You are misinformed. Congressional district line drawing is not a major problem in the states. There are a few exceptions but you exaggerate.

I don't watch either Tucker, Laura, or Hannity. I don't listen to political talk radio. I actually have plenty to do on our farm and my other interests.   You might want to think about other diversions or hobbies. In six years, you will be running on empty. We have term limits for POTUS.

Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2018 at 11:33am
If it was a true democracy wouldn't the person who won by 3 million votes in 2016 be President now?

We are far from perfect, but have an independent federal electoral commission that is constantly redrawing electoral boundaries to keep the whole country in balance as best it can. It often disadvantages the sitting govt with redraws. We dont have governors and state legislatures whose primary objective on getting elected and dominating all levels is to redraw boundaries to favour the dominant party. I know that applies to both sides by the way. I sense there is no will to go down the independent path which is telling.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2018 at 11:39am
You might think he has 6 years to go but the Special Master today signed off on the stuff quarantined from SDNY investigators so the Trump Cohenoscopy finally can get under way. 

Only 1900 of the 2 million+ documents deemed privileged and of the 4500 contested by Trump's lawyers. Hope Cohen has nothing too incriminating in there. Shocked

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shammy Davis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2018 at 12:10pm

And that is leaving aside the bizarre but legal electoral college and the imbalance of Senate representation. You call yourself a Constitutional Republic rather than a Constitutional Democracy for a reason. You have both aspects but the ability to cheat it. 
Does your homework. Don't be ignorant.

"The Electoral College determines the President and Vice-President of the United States. The Electoral College system also distinguishes the United States from other systems where the highest vote-getter automatically wins. This so-called “indirect election” process has been the subject of criticism and attempted reform, though proponents of it maintain that it ensures the rights of smaller states and stands as an important piece of American federalist democracy. The Electoral College determines the President and Vice-President of the United States. The Electoral College system also distinguishes the United States from other systems where the highest vote-getter automatically wins. This so-called “indirect election” process has been the subject of criticism and attempted reform, though proponents of it maintain that it ensures the rights of smaller states and stands as an important piece of American federalist democracy."

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shammy Davis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2018 at 12:16pm

If it was a true democracy wouldn't the person who won by 3 million votes in 2016 be President now? . . .[
You know that the USA is a republic not a true democracy. So do I.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/11/06/what-is-the-electoral-college_n_2078970.html

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2018 at 1:02pm
Do you think you will ever flirt with proportional voting Shammy? It will wipe out a lot of but not all of your gerrymandering problem. 

Maybe after the realignment elections of 2018 and 2020, the new administration may have the will to clean up your mess.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shammy Davis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2018 at 1:24pm

Do you think you will ever flirt with proportional voting Shammy? It will wipe out a lot of but not all of your gerrymandering problem. 

Maybe after the realignment elections of 2018 and 2020, the new administration may have the will to clean up your mess.
There is no gerrymandering problem. You forget that congressional districts are draw by state legislatures and all elections are state run and controlled. You apparently don't understand our election systems.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2018 at 1:27pm
I already said that, so I didn't forget it. That is where the problems take place. State legislatures with same party Governors redrawing boundaries politically, not demographically
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2018 at 1:29pm

Cant win, so you want them to change the rules? ... take your bat and ball and go home ya sook!Cry
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2018 at 1:33pm
I thought you said that Manafort had nothing to do with Trump/Russia Shammy.

Why then does the defence keep asking Gates whether he has been interviewed by the Special Counsel's office? Judge Ellis got upset about it today then sealed 6 pages of transcript of the side discussion about the evidence they were chasing, presumably to pass on to the Trump lawyers.

Wonder what is on the ipods the judge assured Manafort's defence wouldn't be used in this trial. I understand that the ipods were seized with the warrant issued covering events involving the date of the infamous treasonous(Bannon's words) Trump Tower meeting that Manafort attended. Lordy there may be tapes. Shocked
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2018 at 1:55pm
Originally posted by Dr E Dr E wrote:

Cant win, so you want them to change the rules? ... take your bat and ball and go home ya sook!Cry

Au contraire, I want to share the full kit with them and maybe send them a couple of ball tampering senior players to warn of the pitfalls of not playing fair.
ThreeBears View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThreeBears Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2018 at 1:57pm
If it was a true democracy wouldn't the person who won by 3 million votes in 2016 be President now?

So if a few seats are heavily one sided the whole country should be commanded by those voters? Is that your interpretation of democracy?
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2018 at 2:00pm
Not keeping up again?
ThreeBears View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThreeBears Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2018 at 2:24pm
Gee a self serving question as an answer ..... Keep up with yourself PeeTee. 
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2018 at 2:30pm
After you asked 2 questions? 
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2018 at 7:19pm
Originally posted by Redemption Redemption wrote:

Monopolisation should be illegal.

In Hungary, we call it Wild Capitalism.

The total dominance of a business, being so powerful, they are an authority.
It isnt allowed in Hungary.

Things like You Tube, even Hitler couldnt stop free speech and civil liberties.
So You Tube and FB etc and taking things to a whole new dictatorship level.

People such as Alex Jones should go back to snail mail, and swamp the world with "leaflets".

Thats how pop culture started. Good ole leaflets.

Like the Postal Vote survey?
Could be on to something there, Redemption. Put it in a letterbox. (Though mine was either not delivered or stolen from my letterbox so I never got my say 😀)
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2018 at 9:27pm

Originally posted by Dr E Dr E wrote:

Au contraire, I want to share the full kit with them and maybe send them a couple of ball tampering senior players to warn of the pitfalls of not playing fair.

... are we talking about the same things? ... when did playing fair become a part of the game?Confused
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
Bagman View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bagman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2018 at 9:32pm
LMAO at the lesser of two weirdos analogy
Agree , entirely , but am laughing at the above juxtaposition
I don't have one
Bagman View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bagman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2018 at 9:40pm
Fact check:
11 State legislature special elections held til August...
10 flipped Democrat from Republican
1 flipped Red to Blue

I don't have one
Bagman View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bagman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2018 at 9:43pm
Did you just answer your own question?
In a Democracy everybody's vote counts as 1 , on that we agree.
When a state has millions more than another State , new boundaries are drawn or new electorates created. Simple , yeah.
So ask yourself , is gerrymandering real , or , is America a democracy? Because BOTH can't be true.
I don't have one
scamanda View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scamanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2018 at 9:54pm

We are far from perfect, but have an independent federal electoral commission that is constantly redrawing electoral boundaries to keep the whole country in balance as best it can. It often disadvantages the sitting govt with redraws. We dont have governors and state legislatures whose primary objective on getting elected and dominating all levels is to redraw boundaries to favour the dominant party. I know that applies to both sides by the way. I sense there is no will to go down the independent path which is telling.

Didn't Tony Abbott get more votes than Julia Gillard?

I started with nothing and still have most of it left
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2018 at 10:16pm
Are the coasts representative of the USA?
Bagman View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bagman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2018 at 11:09pm
Originally posted by scamanda scamanda wrote:

Is this better?
Passing Through , the USA needs to step towards per capita redistribution done by independent arbiters. You're spot re politics affecting that , but it's remarkably Republican orientated as seen by Gill v. Whitford where Democrats won the popular vote yet Republicans took 60 of the 99 seats.
IMHO , Democrats need to start playing the same game. Gorsuch is Prima facie proof of that
I don't have one
Bagman View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bagman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2018 at 11:18pm
Originally posted by scamanda scamanda wrote:

It's the LNP for a reason Scamanda. The Nationals ARE needed to form Govt.
Fact check: two party pref results for 2010 Gillard v Abbott
ALP. 50.12
Lib.   49.88

So Gillard DID get more , common myth.
I don't have one
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shammy Davis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2018 at 1:00am

I already said that, so I didn't forget it. That is where the problems take place. State legislatures with same party Governors redrawing boundaries politically, not demographically
There are 435 Congressional Districts, each with a population of 711k, in the USA. Two are being disputed. There is no widespread gerrymandering problem. You are being disingenuous as ususual.

And what a joke. Your independent electoral commission is ultimately answerable to parliament. That's not politics? Don't be an idiot.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shammy Davis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2018 at 1:24am

Why then does the defence keep asking Gates whether he has been interviewed by the Special Counsel's office? Judge Ellis got upset about it today then sealed 6 pages of transcript of the side discussion about the evidence they were chasing, presumably to pass on to the Trump lawyers.

Wonder what is on the ipods the judge assured Manafort's defence wouldn't be used in this trial. I understand that the ipods were seized with the warrant issued covering events involving the date of the infamous treasonous(Bannon's words) Trump Tower meeting that Manafort attended. Lordy there may be tapes. Shocked

When you at a loss, you are very predictable. You rattle off a bunch of questions, that no one can answer.

The judged sealed the transcript and you expect me to know the reason?

Haven’t Bannon and Trump made up?

Is the reason you post so much information to insure that no one can remember what you previously posted? Well, to your credit, intentionally or not, it works.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shammy Davis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2018 at 1:51am
CNNPT: Are you going to queue up for this freebie?

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna899521

Not a flattering portrait of Elizabeth. Better get this now though, Charles' portrait will be worse. Wonder if he will be crowned with a tampon?
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2018 at 10:41am
Originally posted by Shammy Davis Shammy Davis wrote:

When you at a loss, you are very predictable. You rattle off a bunch of questions, that no one can answer.

The judged sealed the transcript and you expect me to know the reason?

Haven’t Bannon and Trump made up?

Is the reason you post so much information to insure that no one can remember what you previously posted? Well, to your credit, intentionally or not, it works.

Dont deflect Shammy, you have consistently asked me what Manafort has to do with Trump/Russia criminal conspiracy. Why did the defence lawyers ask Gates whether he had been interviewed by Mueller in relation to Trump/Russia? Surely if there was no exposure such a stunt in a trial the defence itself have argued should have nothing to do with Trump and his name should not be even mentioned, is unusual to say the least. The judge put a stop to it and ruled that answering would jeopardise an ongoing criminal investigation.

By the way Gates said on Tuesday he had been interviewed at least 20 times. Sounds like Manafort has a bit to do with Trump/Russia, doesn't it Shammy? 

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2018 at 11:02am
Originally posted by Shammy Davis Shammy Davis wrote:

There are 435 Congressional Districts, each with a population of 711k, in the USA. Two are being disputed. There is no widespread gerrymandering problem. You are being disingenuous as ususual.

And what a joke. Your independent electoral commission is ultimately answerable to parliament. That's not politics? Don't be an idiot.

Answerable to the federal govt, regardless of who it is. They dont change with each govt like most of your stupid statutory or legal bodies. 

Two States have officially challenged, one of them went to the Supreme Court where it was sent back to the state on standing, not the facts. 8 more states are ready to go, and a total of 26 to follow. Some states have already ordered redistricting ahead of challenges. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 559560561562563 1094>