Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

The Trump Presidency

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 291292293294295 1094>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2017 at 4:16pm
Betting markets now say Trump is more likely to complete his term, than not. A change from recently when he was around $1.77 to do the walk of shame. PT may still believe it only a matter of time.
ExceedAndExcel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2017 at 4:33pm
Originally posted by maccamax maccamax wrote:

Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

Mr Mueller is examining the pee-pee tape. Hope he wears gloves and blesses himself. Sick

He might catch the excrete & expel disease you reckon PT.

Poor Macca is still upset that he got totally schooled. It's ok buddy, past experience should tell that you will recover as if nothing happened in no time.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2017 at 4:45pm
Originally posted by ExceedAndExcel ExceedAndExcel wrote:

Mr Mueller is examining the pee-pee tape. Hope he wears gloves and blesses himself. Sick

Poor Macca is still upset that he got totally schooled. It's ok buddy, past experience should tell that you will recover as if nothing happened in no time.

You need grooming E/E . Most dogs do.
I had numerous PM's over previous posts .   Your less popular than I thought.        I always avoid you and have asked you to be man enough to Fk off and play in your own deluded world . ( Request 5 )
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2017 at 4:50pm

Originally posted by ExceedAndExcel ExceedAndExcel wrote:

You need grooming E/E . Most dogs do.
I had numerous PM's over previous posts .   Your less popular than I thought.        I always avoid you and have asked you to be man enough to Fk off and play in your own deluded world . ( Request 5 )

Of course you did Macca. I already know the other Max sent you a message. That was no surprise. Why you seem to think I would be at all interested in my level of popularity on an Internet forum is anyone's guess though. I know for an old guy like you this is probably your only social interaction but for those of us still able to walk unaided it's just a small piece of the entertainment jigsaw. I'm not concerned in the slightest how many people dislike me here.

You always avoid me? Funny, you've replied to more than a dozen of my posts in the past 24hrs as well as trolling me unprompted on multiple threads. Yeah, you avoid me like you avoid making a fool of yourself (you won't get that one).
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2017 at 4:58pm
No other threads in many many months. Now please leave it be.

( REQUEST 6 )
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2017 at 5:01pm

No other threads in many many months. Now please leave it be.

( REQUEST 6 )

Your memory is going old boy. Apart from many others if I bothered to look, you trolled me on this thread when I wasn't even participating in it. Pretty sure that qualifies as not avoiding me. I told you before, if you don't wish to interact with me then don't reply to my posts. It's pretty simple. But as long as you reply to my posts I will reply if I choose. Don't like it? Stiff gelati.

Now why don't you run along and continue your private message conversation with the other Max. I'm sure he will listen to your tears.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2017 at 5:46pm
Almost a year of doom & gloom for Trump PT.
He appears to be under double wraps and all the wishful thinking has been in vain.
Alan Jones is a big supporter . That should help him.
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2017 at 5:54pm
The Special Counsel was always going to take 18 months to 2 years to submit his report maxie, then the impeachment process should he have a case to answer and Democrats have the numbers.

Interesting Ken Starr who was the Special Prosecutor on the Clinton impeachment investigation commented on the weekend that he expected indictments soon based only his experience of how he conducted the Clinton one

Mueller, according to his chief of staff when FBI head said he will take his time and make everything stick that is going to stick

Trump however may be totally innocent and Mueller is the best man you want to prove that if you are a Trump apologist   
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2017 at 5:57pm
That sounds good .. He will have time to sort out NK for us .

Shammy will be pleased.
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2017 at 6:52pm
reductio ad absurdum
Redemption View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Redemption Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2017 at 12:59am
Like him or loathe him you cant help but admire a dude that won perhaps the toughest cut throat battle of all, the New York property market.

People underestimate his intelligence. They have for decades. He plays the same tune, the same theme, and it bloody keeps winning.

maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2017 at 1:26am
Originally posted by Redemption Redemption wrote:

Like him or loathe him you cant help but admire a dude that won perhaps the toughest cut throat battle of all, the New York property market.

People underestimate his intelligence. They have for decades. He plays the same tune, the same theme, and it bloody keeps winning.

Good Points ,    I expect he is an unknown quantity, in many ways, but eventually the west has to stand up to the gradual decay of so many areas of strength.    ( our resources against or renewable subsidies is one suicidal financial track )     the USA under threat from NK another.
9/11 should never be forgotten. Hate for the USA isn't to be taken lightly.     Trump may be the life line , in that, he has the balls to say it as it is.
NK has made it clear what their aim is.   Mainland USA.
marble View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marble Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2017 at 8:04am
Originally posted by Redemption Redemption wrote:

i think that is a central part of the investigation into his links with Russia - he was in a lot of financial trouble post GFC and got bailed out with the sale of his properties  to Russians for over inflated prices.
It is also easier to make money if you dont pay your taxes and dont pay contractors

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2017 at 8:17am
He was so successful, no banks in America would deal with him....enter Russian friends
cabosanlucas View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cabosanlucas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2017 at 9:37am

The Special Counsel was always going to take 18 months to 2 years to submit his report maxie, then the impeachment process should he have a case to answer and Democrats have the numbers.

Interesting Ken Starr who was the Special Prosecutor on the Clinton impeachment investigation commented on the weekend that he expected indictments soon based only his experience of how he conducted the Clinton one

Mueller, according to his chief of staff when FBI head said he will take his time and make everything stick that is going to stick

Trump however may be totally innocent and Mueller is the best man you want to prove that if you are a Trump apologist   

So all those 'wont be long now' = 2 years.

Id hate to see you drive the kids across america.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2017 at 9:39am
Originally posted by cabosanlucas cabosanlucas wrote:

So all those 'wont be long now' = 2 years.

Id hate to see you drive the kids across america.

Wont be long for what?
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cabosanlucas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2017 at 9:42am
the prez of the united states being rissoled or stepping down. thats why i assumed was the inference of the infamous "wont be long now" line.

i wouldnt bet on big don lasting his first term...but its looking more likely.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2017 at 9:50am
You do understand that this is a very complex situation with at least 5 inquiries running concurrently all with different processes and different outcomes, all with different timeframes and different powers, dont you? 

The Special Counsel process is well under way with Grand Juries started, warrants served, and therefore indictments not far away. 

I have explained the impeachment process many times, as well as how it differs from the prosections that are inevitable, but it doesn't surprise that you have blocked it out. 
ThreeBears View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThreeBears Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2017 at 11:36am
An Amoeba, let alone a moron, could have made money in the property market over the last twenty years.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2017 at 12:40pm
Originally posted by ThreeBears ThreeBears wrote:

An Amoeba, let alone a moron, could have made money in the property market over the last twenty years.

In the prime areas TB. It was like winning the lottery.    However, a lot of people have done their money on Real Estate .
( Leyton Hewitt sold at a loss it was reported )    WA has areas that have dropped big time.
NSW toward SYDNEY has gone mad. I didn't think I would ever see Western Sydney bring such prices.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2017 at 12:51pm
Originally posted by marble marble wrote:

[QUOTE=Redemption]Like him or loathe him you cant help but admire a dude that won perhaps the toughest cut throat battle of all, the New York property market.

i think that is a central part of the investigation into his links with Russia - he was in a lot of financial trouble post GFC and got bailed out with the sale of his properties  to Russians for over inflated prices.
It is also easier to make money if you dont pay your taxes and dont pay contractors

We have been down this baseless road before.
Murdock & Packer had companies that went into liquidation too. Shareholders lost their money. That's business in our world.
Russia may have purchased .   Like China purchases here.
Franchises under such names as "Harvey Norman " are going bust everywhere.    Jerry Harvey doesn't pay when they fold . he just looks for another buyer.
Trump must be within the expected , he is POTUS>
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2017 at 12:57pm
He isn't happy being President maxie, he told the imprisoned opposition leader of Venezuela's wife he knew just how her husband felt, trapped in the White House.

He really needs to liberate himself and back to shonky real estate deals. He still has plenty of bankruptcies to achieve yet before he dies.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2017 at 1:06pm

He isn't happy being President maxie, he told the imprisoned opposition leader of Venezuela's wife he knew just how her husband felt, trapped in the White House.

He really needs to liberate himself and back to shonky real estate deals. He still has plenty of bankruptcies to achieve yet before he dies.

Your a victim of Fake news I think PT.
I'm sure if you have such damning evidence against Donald Trump the Powers that be in American law enforcement would love to hear from you.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2017 at 1:10pm
Haven't you heard about the biggest investigation in US history, going on right now, and into Trump maxie?
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2017 at 1:33pm

Haven't you heard about the biggest investigation in US history, going on right now, and into Trump maxie?

You have told us but fake news is always shuffled around .
I do hope he reduces NK to manageable, before you have him hung.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2017 at 1:40pm
Better brace yourself maxie, tomorrow is the anniversary of the founding of the workers party in Nth Korea. The only days bigger are dad and grandad's birthday, plenty of fire crackers tomorrow. 
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cabosanlucas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2017 at 2:46pm

You do understand that this is a very complex situation with at least 5 inquiries running concurrently all with different processes and different outcomes, all with different timeframes and different powers, dont you? 

The Special Counsel process is well under way with Grand Juries started, warrants served, and therefore indictments not far away. 

I have explained the impeachment process many times, as well as how it differs from the prosections that are inevitable, but it doesn't surprise that you have blocked it out. 

Which all means one thing...you just reminded yourself why it was a bit silly and presumptious in repeatedly telling us mere mortals "it wont be long now".

Im sure i speak for many in saying we took that famous line as meaning trump is charged with an offemce and wisked away or trump falls on his sword.

you could have told us what you meant was "it wont be long before an investigation starts". boring news as it is.

let down....
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2017 at 4:11pm
It wont be long refers to indictments which could well start before Christmas. Mueller has subpoena and prosecution power over everyone but the President. The various congressional committees who are holding investigations and interviewing multiple people under oath(whether sworn or not you can go to prison for lying to congress) They are not able to prosecute anyone, but rather hold their inquiries parallel to the Special Counsel(Mueller) and their objective is mostly to get to the bottom of what goes on and legislate to hopefully prevent it happening again(in this case Russian interference) 

While Mueller cannot prosecute the President for criminal behavior, he can prosecute and imprison everyone else around him. Trump could just pardon them but that makes an obstruction case for impeachment pretty much iron-clad

There are a number of players around him such as his campaign chief Manafort, his former NSA chief Mike Flynn who had to quit after 8 days, he was so heavily compromised. and Jared Kushner who lied multiple times to congress and is the centre of the Trump/Russia collusion, if that happened.

Mueller has many options including commencement of prosecution of people who are gone and encourage them to flip and offer up someone someone higher up the chain till he eventually gets to Trump and offers congress a brief they cannot ignore. A lot of politics takes place in this process and Mueller has to be sure of what he has and congress has to be able to act on it.

The strength of the evidence is critical, so Mueller is taking his time in what is an ever expending investigation spreading wordwide in corruption, money laundering, illegal money movement etc.

Trump sh*t himself if you remember a couple of months ago when Mueller subpoenaed Deutchabank(the only bank willing to do business with Trump) records, and sought Trump's tax records from the IRS. Mueller has everything he requested, so things can move forward pretty quickly and smaller players can start to go on trial to draw out more evidence to send investigators in even more directions.

When this started there was no idea of the scope of it It could(and likely will) go on for years, but a lot of trials can take place earlier to try to get a domino effect eventually leading to the top, and resignation, as was the case with Nixon
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2017 at 5:06pm
It all sounds to me like Donald Trump is a bigger threat to the world than North Korea .      Envy builds up.
Donald may have to hide Melanie.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cabosanlucas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2017 at 5:12pm

It wont be long refers to indictments which could well start before Christmas. Mueller has subpoena and prosecution power over everyone but the President. The various congressional committees who are holding investigations and interviewing multiple people under oath(whether sworn or not you can go to prison for lying to congress) They are not able to prosecute anyone, but rather hold their inquiries parallel to the Special Counsel(Mueller) and their objective is mostly to get to the bottom of what goes on and legislate to hopefully prevent it happening again(in this case Russian interference) 

While Mueller cannot prosecute the President for criminal behavior, he can prosecute and imprison everyone else around him. Trump could just pardon them but that makes an obstruction case for impeachment pretty much iron-clad

There are a number of players around him such as his campaign chief Manafort, his former NSA chief Mike Flynn who had to quit after 8 days, he was so heavily compromised. and Jared Kushner who lied multiple times to congress and is the centre of the Trump/Russia collusion, if that happened.

Mueller has many options including commencement of prosecution of people who are gone and encourage them to flip and offer up someone someone higher up the chain till he eventually gets to Trump and offers congress a brief they cannot ignore. A lot of politics takes place in this process and Mueller has to be sure of what he has and congress has to be able to act on it.

The strength of the evidence is critical, so Mueller is taking his time in what is an ever expending investigation spreading wordwide in corruption, money laundering, illegal money movement etc.

Trump sh*t himself if you remember a couple of months ago when Mueller subpoenaed Deutchabank(the only bank willing to do business with Trump) records, and sought Trump's tax records from the IRS. Mueller has everything he requested, so things can move forward pretty quickly and smaller players can start to go on trial to draw out more evidence to send investigators in even more directions.

When this started there was no idea of the scope of it It could(and likely will) go on for years, but a lot of trials can take place earlier to try to get a domino effect eventually leading to the top, and resignation, as was the case with Nixon

Serious question...

do you think trump has changed his persona in any way as a result of what is brewing? in other words...is he feeling nervous?
Or has he not changed one iota as his character and makeup means he cannot comprehend consequences ?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 291292293294295 1094>