Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

The Trump Presidency

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 242243244245246 1094>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newtown Old Boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2017 at 3:21pm
Originally posted by max manewer max manewer wrote:

Salutes and flags didn't make the Nazis what they were. And don't kid yourself a lid can be kept on a resurgence of something similar, by proscribing words or uniforms or symbols. It does not work that way, they are just the epiphenomena of something much deeper.
I think you have lost me on what you are trying to say.
Something much deeper like what?

max manewer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2017 at 3:21pm
No one fights wars over flags. The flags are merely a ticket identifying particular groupings. Fighter pilots weren't aiming to destroy the swastika, just the plane it was painted on.
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2017 at 3:24pm
What did the swastika represent or what does the Confederate flag represent?
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2017 at 3:24pm

Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

Symbolism is meaningless? WOW!! 

Minimally meaningful outside of their original context, ratbags have been waving Nazi flags around for 70 years with no sign of a popular resurgence. When one comes, of a similar character, and it likely will, the paraphernalia will be all their own. These people aping Nazis salutes are so devoid of originality and ideas of there own, to be little more than pests for law enforcement.

there is no popular resurgence so we will just ignore them because it is mainly symbolic Confused

Every day the catalog of hate crimes against foreigners in Germany grows longer.

In June, the government reported 129 xenophobic incidents, up 29 from in the same period last year, including one death and 26 major injuries.

Slurs, combined with threats, are counted as “xenophobic incidents.” They include jackbooted gangs marching through towns, waving flags with fascist symbols and yelling racist slogans. But most of the incidents were physical.

Tuesday, three neo-Nazis were charged with murdering an African immigrant in the town of Halle. Witnesses said they showed no remorse upon hearing accusations that they kept kicking and beating their alleged victim even after he stopped moving.

Nothing to see here, let them have their freedom of speech without condemning them
JudgeHolden View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JudgeHolden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2017 at 3:25pm
Nazi symbols might have little meaning for you max, but I'm quite sure a Jewish person would see things somewhat differently.
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2017 at 3:26pm
Originally posted by djebel djebel wrote:

Originally posted by Dr E Dr E wrote:

Respect?Confused ... you mean like the "respect" that the left have for anyone who dares to speak against their ideology?

The likes of Black Live Matter, Antifa, the LGBTQI, Feminists, Climate Alarmists, etc, who's only method of discourse is to reply with OUTRAGE!!!, shrieking, threats, abuse and violence when anyone so much as questions their ideas?

The "respect" they have for Free Speech - provided you agree with everything they say, and if not, you must be SHUT UP and BEATEN UP?

What would you know of respect?Ermm ... you lie!Ouch

YOU Dr.E are just disgusting, YOU are a sub human being.

To compare those groups and what they are fighting for and White Supremacists whose name automatically tell you they are nothing but a hate group is just deplorable.

Yep, you have been infected by the unhinged virtue signalers too ... that's a shame.Ouch

Pleeeez show me where I "compared" them? ... no? ... feel free to apologise for vomiting your poisonous bile - i won't hold my breath!Wink

The Alt-right groups are reprehensible, and I disagree with what they say - I have stated that.

Sadly, you have regressed to the level of the lowest common denominators in this conversation - you hear what suits you, and listen to the screeching and shrieking of the SJWs who are never wrong, and like any lazy bigot, you just pile in too. 

The left are ALWAYS the ones guilty of "comparison" ... they do whatever vile act they feel is appropriate, so long as it is in their opinion "'less" deplorable than their opponents - and anyone who disagrees with their ideology is immediately their opponent - it doesn't matter what vicious abusive violent act THEY perpetrate to shut down the opposition, as it is vindicated in their twisted mind! 

Shame you don't do some research yourself, you have zero credibility ... it's encouraging to have you vilify me, because i know i'm on the right track. Big smile 
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2017 at 3:29pm
In the very posting you are quoting you are comparing them.

reductio ad absurdum
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2017 at 3:40pm

What did the swastika represent or what does the Confederate flag represent?

They represented something that no longer exists. accidents of fate and history. When the wolf comes, it won't come in a dead wolf's coat.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2017 at 3:41pm
No longer exists? You are taking the p*ss too aren't you max?
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2017 at 3:42pm
Max I am wondering, have you ever achieved anything in your life or just sat back and pontificated in your deluded oh so superior manner ?

just asking
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2017 at 3:45pm
Originally posted by JudgeHolden JudgeHolden wrote:

Nazi symbols might have little meaning for you max, but I'm quite sure a Jewish person would see things somewhat differently.

As if the Jews were the main victims of Nazism....they were a tiny fraction of the deaths, but oh-so well publicized ones. Millions of Soviet prisoners of war were left to starve and die from exposure in the open, in a European winter, and it would be unheard of by a majority of people. As horrendous as it was, the slaughter of Jews was a side-show.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2017 at 3:46pm

No longer exists? You are taking the p*ss too aren't you max?

Hardly, the apparatus that created that symbolism is defunct.
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2017 at 3:49pm

Originally posted by JudgeHolden JudgeHolden wrote:

As if the Jews were the main victims of Nazism....they were a tiny fraction of the deaths, but oh-so well publicized ones. Millions of Soviet prisoners of war were left to starve and die from exposure in the open, in a European winter, and it would be unheard of by a majority of people. As horrendous as it was, the slaughter of Jews was a side-show.

a side show really ? there were many more casualties amongst others, but the Jews were targetted for extinction, not casualties of war.

I guess 6 million is a sideshow.

You have once and for all proved you are a clueless fool
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2017 at 3:52pm
Deary me max...
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2017 at 3:53pm
Those POWs were deliberately eliminated in a way that made gassing seem humane. 2-3 million in the winter of 41-42. Millions more before war's end. The Eastern Front was a killing spree that probably killed more civilians than combatants. But cold war political considerations largely meant people remain ignorant of it.
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2017 at 3:54pm
a sideshow Clown
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2017 at 3:57pm
Educate yourselves.
cabosanlucas View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cabosanlucas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2017 at 4:18pm
james murdoch berates trumps response to nazi's.

he should be berating his own network first.

is the writing on the wall & the big don about to pull the pin???
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2017 at 4:22pm
Originally posted by cabosanlucas cabosanlucas wrote:

james murdoch berates trumps response to nazi's.

he should be berating his own network first.

is the writing on the wall & the big don about to pull the pin???

Maybe you need to do more research on James Murdoch. Redemption can help you out there. She was spot on a couple of months ago about him.
cabosanlucas View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cabosanlucas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2017 at 4:25pm
I wouldnt trust any murdoch, and this could mean very little.

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2017 at 4:28pm
Originally posted by Whale Whale wrote:

Symbolism is meaningless? WOW!! 

Minimally meaningful outside of their original context, ratbags have been waving Nazi flags around for 70 years with no sign of a popular resurgence. When one comes, of a similar character, and it likely will, the paraphernalia will be all their own. These people aping Nazis salutes are so devoid of originality and ideas of there own, to be little more than pests for law enforcement.

there is no popular resurgence so we will just ignore them because it is mainly symbolic Confused

<p itemprop="article">
Every day the catalog of hate crimes against foreigners in Germany grows longer.

<p itemprop="article">
In June, the government reported 129 xenophobic incidents, up 29
from in the same period last year, including one death and 26 major injuries.

<p itemprop="article">
Slurs, combined with threats, are counted as “xenophobic incidents.”
They include jackbooted gangs marching through towns, waving flags with
fascist symbols and yelling racist slogans. But most of
the incidents were physical.

<p itemprop="article">
Tuesday, three neo-Nazis were charged with murdering an African
immigrant in the town of Halle. Witnesses said they showed no remorse
upon hearing accusations that they kept kicking and beating their
alleged victim even after he stopped moving.

Nothing to see here, let them have their freedom of speech without condemning them

Should we be surprised that Germany has its share of these types of people ? They are everywhere, and there is plenty of provision in the law to prosecute people who commit crimes, making these people a special case because there was a Nazi regime in the past is not required. Does anyone seriously think they can precipitate another Third Reich-type horror show ? What, the population is that suggestible ?
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2017 at 4:28pm
Didn't think it was worth going to any trouble overWink
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2017 at 4:29pm
That was to cabo
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2017 at 4:57pm

Educate yourselves.

I am educated on the topic and don't disagree with your facts only the ivory towere, academic reaction.

Side show, insignificant, not so bad compared to others.

Still no surprise from a paedophile defender, is there any crime so heinous that you would condemn it.

Love your view of yourself, no human frailties like emotion, compassion, Mr Dispassionate proferring his infallible views on a multituse of topics.

You are knowledgeable but have no wisdom , which is why I asked have you achieved anything in your life apart from pontification ?
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2017 at 5:04pm
I never said it was insignificant at all, but many people when they think of Nazis, automatically think the Jews are the other half of an equation. The reality is the Hitler gang were far less discriminating in their liquidation policies than many imagine. Imagine how many more would have died if they had prevailed in the East, Jews and non-Jews.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2017 at 5:12pm
Originally posted by Whale Whale wrote:

Educate yourselves.

I am educated on the topic and don't disagree with your facts only the ivory towere, academic reaction.

Side show, insignificant, not so bad compared to others.

Still no surprise from a paedophile defender, is there any crime so heinous that you would condemn it.

Love your view of yourself, no human frailties like emotion, compassion, Mr Dispassionate proferring his infallible views on a multituse of topics.

You are knowledgeable but have no wisdom , which is why I asked have you achieved anything in your life apart from pontification ?

You love it !!!!
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2017 at 6:14pm

I never said it was insignificant at all, but many people when they think of Nazis, automatically think the Jews are the other half of an equation. The reality is the Hitler gang were far less discriminating in their liquidation policies than many imagine. Imagine how many more would have died if they had prevailed in the East, Jews and non-Jews.

I think Whales Gold is diminishing due to his having hired a speech writer.
He is coming over as too educated these days which is a far cry from the bumbling Whale of the past who couldn't string a line together.

He needs to get his views of Trump and Precious Pauline updated or he will be looking for another "pod" to run with.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2017 at 6:33pm
Hey Doc, how many Trillion does 1.2% represent?

Dow Jones plummets over fears Trump’s economic adviser will quit

August 17, 2017 | 10:42pm

Even stocks appear to be abandoning President Trump.

The Dow Jones industrial average nosedived 274 points on Thursday as investors grew increasingly concerned that Trump’s toxic tongue is endangering his ambitious economic agenda.

It was the second-biggest decline for the Dow this year — which had powered ahead more than 20 percent since Election Day.

The Dow closed at 21,750.73, down 1.2 percent, while the Nasdaq fell 1.9 percent, to 6,221.91, and the S&P 500 dipped 1.5 percent, to 2,430.01.

The Dow was dragged down by Goldman Sachs, which dropped 1.8 percent, to $221.42. Only Apple and Cisco Systems fell more.

Wall Street is worried that Trump’s chief economic adviser, Gary Cohn, Goldman’s former president, could step down from his post in the wake of Trump’s equivocating comments on white supremacists in Charlottesville, Va.

Cohn, who’s Jewish, was reportedly “anguished” by Trump’s comments that some of the white nationalist protestors were “very fine people.”

The value of the dollar dropped early on Thursday on rumors that he was going to leave the administration. The White House responded to the rumor by saying Cohn was staying put.

Cohn has been working with Treasury Secretary Steve Mnuchin — a fellow Goldman alumnus — on a sweeping corporate tax package.

Without Cohn, tax reform and other economic moves would be harder to accomplish, Wall Street pros said.

Cohn is so important to Wall Street that the Financial Times re-branded the last year of gains as the “Cohn trade.”

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2017 at 6:48pm
That is shocking, It went up 20%, and has "plummeted" 1.2%. PANIC STATIONS !
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2017 at 6:55pm
It depends what it does tomorrow. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 242243244245246 1094>