Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Community - Public Forums > General
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Travel - Holidays

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 12>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2016 at 2:28pm
Make sure you get good quality compression stockings
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2016 at 2:31pm
And eat sparingly, the food sits in your stomach like a rock.  Drink plenty too, not alcohol
Fiddlesticks View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fiddlesticks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2016 at 2:36pm
Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

Make sure you get good quality compression stockings

those things are so uncomfortable, I had to wear them for surgery I had last year, man they are so annoying..

I don't drink booze period and I've upped my water intake the last year or so, my eating has changed from 3 meals a day to 2 and one of those is just fruit, usually fruit salad, it's amazing how better you can feel when you shed those annoying few extra kilos, my BMI is coming down closer to 25 all the time..
Panspermia.
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2016 at 2:46pm
If you are dieting the easiest one is the 2day/5 day diet. You don't have to sttarve yourself, can eat 600 calories and is said to lower cholesterol, blod sugar, blood pressure. I am not o'weight but recently put on 5 kg suddenly don't know why. Have been doing the diet for 2 weeks and have lost 2 kg so far, it is easy, you don't even feel that you are dieting.
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2016 at 9:05pm
Oh man, those stockings are something else !   I wore them on the first flight to France, and took them off about half way thru the flight.
Worse was having to wear those white hospital ones for 2 weeks after I had my hip done.Cry
animals before people.
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2016 at 9:10pm
They're real hard to get off in the loo when you're trying for the Mile High Club.  Ouch  
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2016 at 11:03pm
Originally posted by Whale Whale wrote:

Not bad, the seat I am on at the moment is 16" but it depends on leg room, I am reasonably tall.  Some of the boilers on this forum may have trouble in fitting their buttocks into 16 " though LOL

And just who are the boilers , pray tell ??    
animals before people.
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2016 at 11:18pm
Originally posted by acacia alba acacia alba wrote:

Not bad, the seat I am on at the moment is 16" but it depends on leg room, I am reasonably tall.  Some of the boilers on this forum may have trouble in fitting their buttocks into 16 " though LOL

And just who are the boilers , pray tell ??    

So that's 32" for both cheeks is it whale?
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2016 at 12:06am
What would a Whale know about air travel ?
Whales spend their time in the sea with no size restrictions placed on them.   Al they have to do is pop up and flick their tail . 
Its not the seat width that gets me.   Its the leg room.  
Scoring the exist row is brilliant.
Waiting waiting to know who the boilers are ???

animals before people.
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2016 at 12:18am
Image result for old boiler
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2016 at 12:30am
Well,  that would certainly not fit in a plane seat !!  If it was allowed to be taken on , of course.
I think you are hedging, Whale Wink
animals before people.
subastral View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote subastral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2016 at 11:21am

And eat sparingly, the food sits in your stomach like a rock.  Drink plenty too, not alcohol

Rubbish. Booze is free. Drink up.
Toll Road View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Toll Road Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2016 at 11:28am
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2016 at 11:38am
Originally posted by subastral subastral wrote:

surprised at that attitude from you,  free booze wow, that means it is fine to drink yourself into a stupor Confused  Do you fill your plate 10 times at an all you can eat smorgasbord ?
subastral View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote subastral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2016 at 11:42am
No sense of humour on Monday's, Whale?
Toll Road View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Toll Road Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2016 at 11:47am
AA I found another link for reviews on the African safari reviews. This one has a lot of peoples comments

Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2016 at 12:12pm

No sense of humour on Monday's, Whale?

sorry, I did not get the irony Wink
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2016 at 1:05pm
Originally posted by Toll Road Toll Road wrote:

AA I found another link for reviews on the African safari reviews. This one has a lot of peoples comments

Thanks. I am slowly working my way thru the links you have found for me. 
animals before people.
Toll Road View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Toll Road Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2016 at 1:07pm
No problem AA sounds like you've got a great holiday all lined up
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2016 at 1:55pm
Not yet I havnt, but I am looking and looking Thumbs Up
animals before people.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fiddlesticks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2016 at 2:14pm
Acacia you are well seasoned traveler already, don't tell me your copping advice for holidays on here are you..?

Panspermia.
Toll Road View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Toll Road Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2016 at 2:22pm
Not to sure about the Kayak with the crocodiles but the other stuff looks like fun
Nocturnal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nocturnal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2016 at 3:02pm

100% .....eat& drink up , movie ,stilnox with a gastrolite and a lovely restful flight :)
The only problem with backing winners ? You never have enough on....
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2016 at 4:09pm
Originally posted by Fiddlesticks Fiddlesticks wrote:

Acacia you are well seasoned traveler already, don't tell me your copping advice for holidays on here are you..?

Why not ? There are a lot of people here travelled more than I have, and every bit helps.
I am interested in anything people have to say .  You are never too old to learn.
animals before people.
Toll Road View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Toll Road Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2016 at 4:55pm
Subbie you must know of some really great local place to go and visit from you travels. Maybe you could list a couple for us in the thread Smile
Toll Road View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Toll Road Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2016 at 5:02pm

Have any of you guys/girls been to any sporting events while on holiday? I've been to the NBA, NFL, & NHL. I really did like all of them but the ice hockey was fantastic. It was so fast and high impact. The NBA game I saw was Sun's v Bulls. It was the first year MJ had retired but we still got to see a lot of the old guns in action Scottie Pippen being one of them. The NFL was good but it took a while to complete with all the stop starts. The tail gate party was pretty good as well Thumbs Up

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2016 at 5:05pm
Subby, have scotched NZ this year and instead doing a self-drive through SE South Australia.  Any tips or suggestions would be appreciated.  Cheers.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2016 at 5:10pm
ps no Kangaroo Island.
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2016 at 5:44pm

World's Worst Holiday Horrors

Monday 31st October at 10:53 pm (61 minutes)
Chaos erupts on a cruise liner in the Gulf of Mexico when a fire breaks out, causing massive power loss. Thousands of holidaymakers are stranded on board with food and water running out, backed-up toilets and sewage running down the corridors.
M
2013, United Kingdom, Repeat, CC, Entertainment
Realistic Violence (Classification)
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fiddlesticks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2016 at 6:17pm
Gosford highlands..
Panspermia.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 12>