Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Historical
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Vale Miller's Guide

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2019 at 9:18am
Originally posted by Carioca Carioca wrote:

Was that about the time Ron Casey was in charge Bob? I recall big Jack and Lou had a segment , watched it regularly when time permitted ( racehorses, always busy) many laughs fwiw.

Sure was mate, Ron Casey asked me the questions.One question that he asked me that rattled him because I knew the answer straight away was “ who were the five Australian cricket captains who played district cricket for South Melbourne”, It was such an obscure question and I guess he thought nobody would know the answer, however it had been asked a couple of years previously and it had stuck in my mind.
Please do not ask me who they were , I cannot remember where I went to a restaurant six months ago.
Baghdad Bob View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2019 at 9:24am
Hang on I do remember them....Hasset, Johnson, Armstrong, Blackham ,Trott. The last two were way back in the past and were not as well known players as the others at that time.
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2019 at 12:12pm
Ah ya doing well Bob, maintain the fish intake.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2019 at 9:51pm
lol ...   The fish intake ... Who can afford sea food , Red Meat , Pork etc these days .        .   Kangaroo is too dear for the dog today .

Many on here remember when chicken at Xmas & Easter was the dearest meat.

I suppose it's all Climate Change .... Stuffed up the Deer Industry and now they are a pest .      What went wrong there.
Tontonan View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tontonan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2019 at 8:36pm
World of Sport = Happiness.  

The woodchop, Lou & Captain Blood, Bill Collins, Ron Casey, Doug Ring, the cycling machine, the handball competition,  Chicken Smallhorn scoring the longest kick, Freddy Villiers on the wogball, a pot of saveloys on the stove and of course, Uncle Doug Elliot, his Ballantyne's chocolates  and the Patra fruit juice... and Jack Elliot peering over his reading glasses into the camera telling it like it was.

Those were the daze.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12