Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Redkirk Warrior

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 9>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2018 at 1:17pm
Originally posted by Prince of Penzance Prince of Penzance wrote:

She is.
Worlds best sprinter is an overrated title

Why is it an overrated title?
Australian racing is only good up to 1400m in terms of world standards when it comes to depth/quality in numbers
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2018 at 1:22pm
Originally posted by Jamal Jamal wrote:

Originally posted by Prince of Penzance Prince of Penzance wrote:

She is.
Worlds best sprinter is an overrated title

Why is it an overrated title?

It is not overrated title. 

It is simply people talking for the sake of talking.

reductio ad absurdum
JudgeHolden View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JudgeHolden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2018 at 1:34pm
Redzel is a consistent and quality sprinter but I also think his timing has been good. Chautauqua on the downside and not much else around. Don't think his peak is as good as a few we've had in recent years (didn't seem to stop everyone calling a dual G1 winner a "champion" on the broadcast yesterday ). Reckon he's about on par with say a Buffering, which is still pretty good.

What's overseas I have idea.
Speediskey View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speediskey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2018 at 3:12pm
Originally posted by JudgeHolden JudgeHolden wrote:

Redzel is a consistent and quality sprinter but I also think his timing has been good. Chautauqua on the downside and not much else around. Don't think his peak is as good as a few we've had in recent years (didn't seem to stop everyone calling a dual G1 winner a "champion" on the broadcast yesterday ). Reckon he's about on par with say a Buffering, which is still pretty good.

Yeah I’d say around on par with Buffering as well, but Buff raced in the best sprinting age of all time.
Jamal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2018 at 4:02pm
Bufferin won overseas as well
Australian racing is only good up to 1400m in terms of world standards when it comes to depth/quality in numbers
Shrunk in the Wash View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2018 at 4:04pm
Originally posted by Speediskey Speediskey wrote:

Yeah I’d say around on par with Buffering as well, but Buff raced in the best sprinting age of all time.

djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2018 at 4:04pm
Originally posted by Jamal Jamal wrote:

Bufferin won overseas as well

Which is exciting but meaningless in itself in discussing the class of a horse.

reductio ad absurdum
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2018 at 4:14pm
   lol   BUFFERING ...   Be nice to have one to compare with the Buff.

I think Redzel lost momentum at the start yesterday and at R1, wasn't able to overcome the early petrol use.

The finish was sensational and it makes for a top rematch.
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2018 at 4:21pm
Originally posted by maccamax maccamax wrote:

lol   BUFFERING ...   Be nice to have one to compare with the Buff.

I think Redzel lost momentum at the start yesterday and at R1, wasn't able to overcome the early petrol use.

The finish was sensational and it makes for a top rematch.

I'd have to look at the start again but it can not have been much more of a factor in the result than the check that Redkirk Warrior copped at about 500 or wherever it was ?

reductio ad absurdum
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2018 at 4:34pm
Redkirk Warrior does have to ease around "his tow" into races.
Redzel is a "with the pace" sprinter and yesterday it is obvious on replay and Stewards,   That he knuckld , became unbalanced after hitting the side of the gates and had momentum and position to regain.     
    He looked home and the winner produced a final 600 rarely seen . Both Horses did a mighty job.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JudgeHolden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2018 at 5:21pm
Originally posted by Shrunk in the Wash Shrunk in the Wash wrote:

Originally posted by Speediskey Speediskey wrote:

He ran into BC and Hay List. Repeatedly. Probably wins another half a dozen G1s if not for those two freaks. Then along came Lankan Rupee and Chautauqua. Think Speediskey's comment is pretty obvious.
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2018 at 7:28am
World's best, presumably, means you could take that horse anywhere, on any track, and be reasonably confident it would win, which is far more than I could say about Redzel or Redkirk Warrior.
ThreeBears View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThreeBears Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2018 at 12:17pm
America's leading sprinter Roy H by More Than Ready is a fair animal. He's aiming for the Golden Shaheen on DWC night.
VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2018 at 1:00pm
Just on his final 600m.

I seem to remember Chautauqua running a similar finale, in this race if my memory serves, the year he beat Terravista and Japonisme.

Also there was a win by All Silent which had everyone flabbergasted, might have been the Darley in the spring.
Remember, it might take intelligence to be smart , but it takes experience to be wise
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2018 at 1:42pm
It was the Patinak ( was this the Darley?) All Silent ran 1-8-78, final 600, 33-14, bit of an old favourite of mine as he was a half brother to the bonny Private Steer,
Go Flash Go View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Go Flash Go Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2018 at 8:23pm

Redkirk Warrior Smile  .... is pretty much a Champion in my books ... if not already.

Black Heart Bart nearly won the Newmarket first-up ... Redkirk Warrior did ... and confirmed it since Wink
Lordy View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lordy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2018 at 1:05pm
I followed him right through the spring and was a bit let down by his results. Stuck strong though and thought 1st up down the straight was right up his alley. Happy to take the $10 on offer.

Don't think Redzel lost too many admirers. Still Australia's best sprinter.
tillyras View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tillyras Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2018 at 3:20pm
Good horse
Jamal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2018 at 3:25pm
Has to be up there with Redzel for best sprinter in Australia right now. Great win carrying topweight.
Sunline View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2018 at 3:27pm
What a horse! Absolutely love him.

He's hugely underrated. Now has 2 x Newmarkets and 1 x Lightning - that's special.
Sunline...simply supreme
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2018 at 3:37pm
Originally posted by Sunline Sunline wrote:

What a horse! Absolutely love him.

He's hugely underrated. Now has 2 x Newmarkets and 1 x Lightning - that's special.

That was special ...   Heart in mouth job ..    I feared he got beaten.      Great price with his record.     That's 5 wins from 7 on good tracks in Oz.
Sunline View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2018 at 3:48pm
Totally agree with all of the above, Macca. I didn't tip strongly as was an open race, but I could not believe his price and tipped as big value to some mates and bet accordingly.

The Newmarket is winnable for classy sprinters at the top of weights. Lightning always the better form for the race.
Sunline...simply supreme
Nick View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2018 at 4:36pm
Massive overs :)
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2018 at 8:19pm
Not exactly a fair win

Regan Bayliss (Redkirk Warrior (GB)) - pleaded guilty to a charge under the provisions of AR137A(5)(a)(ii) for using his whip eight times prior to the 100m, which is three times more than permitted, two of which were consecutive. Regan Bayliss had his licence to ride in races suspended for a period to commence at the conclusion of his careless riding suspension incurred last week, at midnight April 1st and to expire at midnight April 7th, a total of eight race meetings (two metropolitan, six provincial). Regan Bayliss was also fined the sum of $5000. In assessing penalty Stewards took into account he won the race which was a Group 1 event.

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JudgeHolden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2018 at 8:28pm
Originally posted by Shawy38 Shawy38 wrote:

Not exactly a fair win

Regan Bayliss (Redkirk Warrior (GB)) - pleaded guilty to a charge under the provisions of AR137A(5)(a)(ii) for using his whip eight times prior to the 100m, which is three times more than permitted, two of which were consecutive. Regan Bayliss had his licence to ride in races suspended for a period to commence at the conclusion of his careless riding suspension incurred last week, at midnight April 1st and to expire at midnight April 7th, a total of eight race meetings (two metropolitan, six provincial). Regan Bayliss was also fined the sum of $5000. In assessing penalty Stewards took into account he won the race which was a Group 1 event.

How can eight times be three time more than permitted?
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2018 at 8:49pm
Read it again judge, my understanding is you are allowed 5 strokes before the 100 , he used it 8, ..or am I wrong?
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JudgeHolden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2018 at 8:57pm
Three more than permitted? Three times more than permitted
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JudgeHolden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2018 at 9:01pm
Sorry mate. It was a (admittedly bad) joke.
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2018 at 9:12pm
It's been a looooong day for me, and I am naive at the best of times.
Red Hare View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Hare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2018 at 9:15pm
Happy 21st Regan. Thumbs Up
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 9>