Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Redkirk Warrior

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 9>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2018 at 6:31pm
Sunline ... SO FUNNY ...   Someone took my 5.9 for $7.80...   The price went to $6...     So I greened up ...   I now win 65 cents if RW wins and 3cents any other ....   
3blindmice View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2018 at 9:15pm
Originally posted by Atreus Atreus wrote:

Only Australian trained winners I can see are Black Caviar and Choisir so 2 winners in 15 years

The quality of Aussie racing at the top has slumped in the last few years with Winx and Black Caviar both able to string together 25 successive wins (BC having 24 of those in Australia).  This suggests non competitive racing in Aussie G1s in the modern era

The fact that Black Caviar was only able to fall in to win by a head after all her consecutive wins in Australia makes me think the Aussie form this year won't be up to the standard required.  Redkirk Warrior and Merchant Navy are not as good as Black Caviar was

Short memory? We've been over the BC form and visit ad nauseam but you keep ignoring the basic facts. 

But moving on......
2/15 is a pointless stat without knowing the number, quality and form of starters in that 15 year period. The unfortunate loss by Brazen Beau (another Williams brain fart) has also been mentioned so arguably 3/15 from very few starters takes on a different perspective.

But all that vanishes as soon as they line up on Sat. If both are in near peak form and the track plays fair they have undoubted claims despite not having run up that particular course. 
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2018 at 9:23pm
I don't know the others but appears not much depth .
Not much betting happening on Betfair but many longer priced ones going out ..        Looks about Hawkesbury Welter Class .
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2018 at 9:29pm
Originally posted by maccamax maccamax wrote:

Not much betting happening on Betfair but many longer priced ones going out ..        Looks about Hawkesbury Welter Class .

I guess I am not disproving that thought but it will be a lot more superior to this years Everest. 

Unless one or 3 of these turn up for the Everest. 
reductio ad absurdum
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2018 at 9:35pm
Originally posted by djebel djebel wrote:

I guess I am not disproving that thought but it will be a lot more superior to this years Everest. 

I've just been having a look at some of their history on R & S .

Redzel would eat all of them    lol . Kementari could carry the fav & win.

I'm reading the book too ... How to win friends and influence people.
Sneck View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sneck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2018 at 9:56pm

You're off your head.
Sunline View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2018 at 10:26pm

Sunline ... SO FUNNY ...   Someone took my 5.9 for $7.80...   The price went to $6...     So I greened up ...   I now win 65 cents if RW wins and 3cents any other ....   

Good to have you on the RW ticket LOL.
Sunline...simply supreme
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2018 at 10:28pm
Sneck...   Have you heard of our warped sense of humour on here .

We are Tongue in cheek re the class but it's an ordinary lot really aye

.I'm teaching djebel on how to be truly mad.   I've had the experience.
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2018 at 10:29pm
Redzel is now a second class citizen. 
reductio ad absurdum
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2018 at 10:45pm

ME TOO ...    I just told SUNLINE Redkirk would blow towards $10
( not knowing the crap in that field ) and now I've just layed it for a reasonable bet at $4.4...      I can't believe it.

It must go out longer than that ....     Stealing it is .
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2018 at 10:49pm

ME TOO ...    I just told SUNLINE Redkirk would blow towards $10
( not knowing the crap in that field ) and now I've just layed it for a reasonable bet at $4.4...      I can't believe it.

It must go out longer than that ....     Stealing it is .

My mistake ... it was 5.2 my last bet layed ....   4.2 /1
Jamal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2018 at 11:57pm
What day does Redkirk Warrior run?
Australian racing is only good up to 1400m in terms of world standards when it comes to depth/quality in numbers
ThreeBears View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThreeBears Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2018 at 12:11am
Saturday
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2018 at 12:42am
Originally posted by ThreeBears ThreeBears wrote:

Saturday

Our Newmarket at Flemington makes it look like the Bong Bong Cup.
MJB View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MJB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2018 at 3:16am
Why are people potting Redkirk?

If he runs to his best he would clearly win the race. I think that's indisputable isn't it?

I know it's a big if but l wouldn't be betting against it from happening. Two runs in England in his early days for two wins. He might like it over there as much as he likes the straight at Flemington.

What's the knock on him? Clearly in career best form too.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2018 at 10:22am
Originally posted by MJB MJB wrote:

If he runs to his best he would clearly win the race. I think that's indisputable isn't it?

I know it's a big if but l wouldn't be betting against it from happening. Two runs in England in his early days for two wins. He might like it over there as much as he likes the straight at Flemington.

I Do't think there's any great knock on him .    Only 3 in the betting and many have a high opinion of our other rep.      Surprising to me, the main betting ( not much action ) has been on Redkirk. My few small sets have resulted in the following picture so far ;_ =
Harry Angel
$5.34
Merchant Navy
$5.34
Redkirk Warrior
$6.46
Bound For Nowhere
$5.34
The Tin Man
$5.34
    All others $5.34 profit ...   For those not experienced , That's TRADING.
DON'T TAKE THESE STUPID EARLY, ALL IN PRICES ( It's stealing )

Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2018 at 11:17am

If they ran the Newmarket again on a fair track I have no idea who would win out of RW and MN.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2018 at 11:25am
Originally posted by Tlazolteotl Tlazolteotl wrote:

If they ran the Newmarket again on a fair track I have no idea who would win out of RW and MN.

The young one will be a big improver MN....     I backed RW in the Newmarket and expect he will go well fresh .        Will be interesting when the UK market goes to start time with the huge Pool.     Hopefully the ups and downs will provide a Traders dream.
Sunline View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2018 at 4:44pm
He needs to be macca. In poor at the weights for that defeat. Needs to have improved a couple and Redkirk come back a couple.

I love Merchant Navy. Always been one of mine. But for me the value play in this race was Redkirk. I don't trust the Irish mafia that he was underdone last start. They're trying to improve his service fee.
Sunline...simply supreme
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2018 at 5:09pm
Originally posted by Sunline Sunline wrote:

He needs to be macca. In poor at the weights for that defeat. Needs to have improved a couple and Redkirk come back a couple.

I love Merchant Navy. Always been one of mine. But for me the value play in this race was Redkirk. I don't trust the Irish mafia that he was underdone last start. They're trying to improve his service fee.

I don't know the UK WFA scale but MN is entitled to improve some.

WHY are some people taking as low as $5.2 Redkirk on Betfair when he is $6.50 on Sportsbet .     Madness.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2018 at 7:02pm
He's treated a 4yo over there so as a mid Nov foal (five months off actually turning 4) he isn't getting any favours under their scale. No quid pro quo with the way we treat their 3yos racing here during the spring, which is very poor imo.

RW trackwork video:
JudgeHolden View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JudgeHolden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2018 at 7:25pm
MN weight conditions same as Starspangledbanner and Star Witness? First and third respectively.
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2018 at 7:30pm
Unsurprisingly spot on about the relative weight disadvantage for the 3yo blinder.

No doubt Atreus will ignore that reality should the colt get beaten, be it by a fart or a furlong.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2018 at 8:38pm
Originally posted by JudgeHolden JudgeHolden wrote:

MN weight conditions same as Starspangledbanner and Star Witness? First and third respectively.

Yes. 
SSB was the "prefectly timed" foal though - 1/8, so nearly 4yo. 

SW was foaled late Sept
Sunline View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2018 at 10:14pm
Aside from the obvious - that being he is carrying more weight than he should be for his age simply because the Poms still think we're convicts - it's the weight turn-around vs Redkirk Warrior that is most relevant. RW beat him in the Newmarket and meets him far better here for that beating.

Not impossible by any stretch, particularly assuming he has improved. But I dare say it will also require Redkirk Warrior to underperform. That too can quite easily happen.
Sunline...simply supreme
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2018 at 10:35pm
Think you will find at this time of season ( November ) 3yos in Europe over a sprint trip carry the same weight at WFA.

21 October last year the 3yos in the Sprint Championship at Ascot the 3yos carried just 1 lb less than their elders.

Last fortnight of June is the equivalent of last fortnight of November in their season.

reductio ad absurdum
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2018 at 10:39pm
Plenty on Betfair to Lay the mighty Warrior.

I'm expecting the Brits & their neighbours to back the convicts OUT come race time .
   I'm trying to lay him ....    Name yr own price.
Sunline View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2018 at 10:40pm
They only get 1kg off the 4yo+ cohort in Australia this time of year, which is only another half a kilo more than 1 lb.

For me, it's the weight turn-around on Redkirk Warrior that is the biggest factor.
Sunline...simply supreme
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2018 at 10:59pm
5.5 kgs is a massive turn around in 4 months.

The difference at WFA is 2.5 kgs in favour of Redkirk Warrior if you believe the WFA scale is correct.

reductio ad absurdum
rusty nails View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rusty nails Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2018 at 11:34pm
^^^thats how I was assessing it. RW meeting MV with 2.5kg advantage.
But I was think MV had a better prep.....
Then I heard about the 4.20 bundle bet.
So that's me!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 9>