Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Glorious Sinndar [FR]

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beliskner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Glorious Sinndar [FR]
    Posted: 09 Oct 2016 at 3:51am
I find this horse very interesting, especially his racing pathway before he was spelled.

6yo [April 2011] by Sinndar [IRE] out Aloisi [GB], a placed Kalanisi [IRE] mare.  Sire an Arc winner and the mare the daughter of a Breeders Cup Turf winner.

7 starts in Europe for a 2-1-2 record, winning a 2000m maiden and a 2400m lowly handicap, never racing beyond 2400m.

Bought by Australian Bloodstock and sent to Kris Lees, for 6 starts over 2 spells for a 1-0-1 record, including winning a 2300m BM65 by 3.5 lengths, 7 length 7th of 10th, 11.7 length and 14.1 length lasts over 1600m and 2200m respectively.

After that last run, common sense prevailed and he was transferred to a far more competent trainer, Weir.

He proceed to win 3 races in a row, a 2350m BM78, 2580m BM78 and the 3200m Listed Andrew Ramsden Stakes.

In 18 days Weir transformed him from looking like just another sub-par import that had Kris Lees fingerprints all over, to potentially a group performing horse, maybe even a Melbourne Cup starter, the Ramsden win was on the 21st May.

That's when things get very bizarre, and confusing for me.

The horse proceeded to have 5 hurdle trials in a row, between the 3rd of June and 12th of July, about 5 1/2 weeks.

5 days later he wins a maiden hurdle by 9 lengths.

Then about 3 weeks later he goes over to Morphettville for a 2500m BM82 over the flat, with 62kg, and ends up running a 5.8 length 7th, as $2.50 fav, and was never in the race.

On the 12th August he has another hurdle trial, and on the 21st he races in a 4000m 50k hurdle and wins comfortably as a short priced favourite, then he is sent for a spell.

Can somebody explain to me why this horse wasn't get for the Melbourne Cup?  Or even the 2800m race on Cup day? Or frankly any flat spring racing plan?

The Ramsden is about 5 1/2 months from the Melbourne Cup, and instead of setting him down that path, or any flat racing path, which he had clearly demonstrated under Weir was, at the very least, a reasonable racing plain going forward, decided to give him a half dozen hurdle trials, a couple of hurdle races, with an awkward flat race stuck in between, interstate, with a big weight, dropping back in distance, and then decides to send him out for a spell in late August?

I'm not saying he would've made the Cup field, but there are plenty of races that he could've ended up running him if he hadn't continued his rapid ascension under Weir on the flat, i honestly have absolutely no idea what they were thinking. 

Australian Bloodstock didn't buy this guy to be a hurdler, they bought him to, hopefully, be a group class flat stayer.

Can somebody explain to me the logic and strategy about the path they went down? Why not target him at the 2800m race on cup day, if they thought the MC was too unrealistic?

He doesn't technically turn 6 until April 2017, so he was very young to start going over the hurdles anyway?  Weir is 10x the trainer of stayers Kris Lees will ever be, which just makes the route he went down with Glorious Sinndar far more confusing and perplexing to me.

What are peoples thoughts?
Hey List View Drop Down
Yearling
Yearling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hey List Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2016 at 8:44am
I've never had a horse with Australian Bloodstock but from what I've heard is that they are extremely cooperative with trainer plans whatever they be. I dare say Weir told them he woudlnt be near good enough to be competitive on the flat and jumps was their best option
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2016 at 9:14am
Was sent to Weir with the sole purpose of becoming a jumper. He took a few foes to get qualified as he was being too careful according to his riders. He is a very safe jumper, almost too safe if you get what I mean.

The connections are aware he is nowhere near classy enough to be a cup horse, just happened to be in good enough form to pick up the Ramadan at the time. He will be back in work in a few weeks with the aim next prep some major jumps races
Lord Hybrow View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lord Hybrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2016 at 9:23am
He can certainly stay all day, but is probably well short of the level required to be competitive in this Spring staying races.

I was surprised he went jumping this season, but there is good money to be earned over over jumps during the winter and I'd expect expect Glorious Sinndar to be a major player in the 2017 jumps season. 

And don't forget that these Euro stayers often mix jumping and flat racing.   A few of the fancies for this year's Melb Cup are jumpers - Wicklow Brave & Heartbreak City. So there's no reason why Glorious Sinndar couldn't s compete in something like an Adelaide Cup nex year.
winx View Drop Down
Yearling
Yearling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote winx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2016 at 2:40pm
It was the owners decision to send the horse jumping.

Bushy View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bushy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2016 at 3:31pm
a mate owns the horse and when they brought him they where advised he is just a city horse - possible weak listed only- they paid next to nothing for mine but the horse is a mental head case- laughable to say he was a carnival horse- I just rang him and he was pissing himself someone would suggest that-
His a ADL city horse and future grand national horse- the owners are well in front with him so everything is a bonus
winx View Drop Down
Yearling
Yearling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote winx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2016 at 3:36pm
Originally posted by Bushy Bushy wrote:

a mate owns the horse and when they brought him they where advised he is just a city horse - possible weak listed only- they paid next to nothing for mine but the horse is a mental head case- laughable to say he was a carnival horse- I just rang him and he was pissing himself someone would suggest that-
His a ADL city horse and future grand national horse- the owners are well in front with him so everything is a bonus

Thanks for sharing Bushy,
Beliskner View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beliskner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2016 at 12:12am

Well pardon me Bushy for even thinking a horse that wins a non age restricted listed 3200m race at Flemington MIGHT be a prospect to be set for the Melbourne Cup or the 2800m on Cup day, considering it had won 3 from 3 after being moved to Weir.

How ridiculous of me to ASK the question. If only i knew everything, like you.
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2017 at 11:01am
Back on Saturday.
Being set for Warrnambool May Carnival
deejays destiny View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deejays destiny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2017 at 5:05pm
Kicks off a long prep today,
Being set for the Grand National in August

Would love to see him flying home for a place
Sunline View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2017 at 5:06pm
You a part owner DJ?
Sunline...simply supreme
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deejays destiny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2017 at 5:11pm
Not me, but my brother in law is
Sunline View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2017 at 5:16pm
Nice!
Sunline...simply supreme
Go Flash Go View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Go Flash Go Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2017 at 9:02pm

Looked a treat today at Flemington only the over-racing made it a watch only ...... wish Weir had said before the race of how the horse had been turned around by the hard work of the strapper/track rider in-between runs instead of after ..... trainers do that don't they LOL

Still it was a great account made it a top interview and a nice to see the reward for the work that went in.
Go Flash Go View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Go Flash Go Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2017 at 9:12pm
Originally posted by Go Flash Go Go Flash Go wrote:

Looked a treat today at Flemington only the over-racing made it a watch only ...... wish Weir had said before the race of how the horse had been turned around by the hard work of the strapper/track rider in-between runs instead of after ..... trainers do that don't they LOL

Still it was a great account made it a top interview and a nice to see the reward for the work that went in.

Whoops wrong horse it was Goldstream that was referring to it mixed up with this one ..... 3 days of racing in row is taking it's toll ..... Embarrassed

Hope l got that right Smile

Magnolian Khan View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magnolian Khan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2017 at 5:20pm
Where is this horse?
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2018 at 10:07am
Finally back at the races, Camperdown Cup tomorrow
Follow him when he gets fit and out to his right trip
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2018 at 11:42am
That would be a real good race if run over 2000m or further.
reductio ad absurdum
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lord Hybrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2018 at 4:51pm
Bring on Oakbank and a few hurdles....made up heaps of ground late for 4th in the Colac Cup.
Xavier View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xavier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2018 at 5:11pm
He is going well, just needs racing
Karl and Susan Kennedy are my heroes
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lord Hybrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2018 at 2:02pm
Undefeated after 2 hurdle starts but they were nearly 2 years ago.

From what I can remember he didn’t jump all that well in his hurdle debut and really just flat ability that got him through.

I think Felix Bay might be a danger to him today. He was not far away from the likes of Hornets Nest & Ancient King last season.
Xavier View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xavier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2019 at 9:56am
Back in work with Symon Wilde
Karl and Susan Kennedy are my heroes
sparticus View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sparticus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2019 at 1:14pm
Originally posted by Xavier Xavier wrote:

Am I the only one who's thinking "out of the frying pan into the fire" That guys record is no better!
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lord Hybrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2019 at 8:26pm
Originally posted by Xavier Xavier wrote:

Great to hear that.

Symon’s jumps team has also been strengthened by the addition of another ex-DKW jumper in OUR YANGTZE & a recruit from NZ in BLUES BREAKER. And I’m sure the champ GOLD MEDALS will be tuning up for the season too

Look forward to seeing them all back jumping this winter.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deejays destiny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2019 at 9:39pm
He has been ticking over for a couple of months up at Weir’s farm at Maldon but was moved last week down to Symon’s.
He’ll be ready to for the May Carnival.

The old boy Gold Medals had a jumpout at Warrnambool the other day, so expect to see him back in the next few weeks.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deejays destiny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2019 at 9:43pm
Jumpout was actually at Camperdown

https://country.racing.com/camperdown/jumpouts/runners#?date=2019%2F2%2F19&track=Camperdown
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lord Hybrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2020 at 8:49am
Resumes today in the Edenhope Cup after being away from the track for nearly 2 years.

Obviously just a spin around today for fitness & preparing for another tilt at some hurdle races over the winter.
SkyDancer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkyDancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2020 at 4:28pm
Hopefully you got on for a place LH
Huge run to finish second. Also great to see Parthesia back at the races finishing fourth
 Post Reply Post Reply