Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Craig Williams

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 10>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2017 at 10:49am
Jockeys are forced to " Ride for Luck " in so many races really.
They all haven't got Winx under them .
Best Lucky rides you will see included Falika ( I was on it ). Right along the fence from a bottled up, rearward , no chance position.
In Her Time , a run came too late.   The Fav in the Geelong Cup, dream inside run from a hopeless position ( just failed )
Dame WINX . ( captains call ) doesn't have to rely on such luck usually .   She circles the whole field. WHY ?    Because she can.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2017 at 2:06pm
Originally posted by maccamax maccamax wrote:

Jockeys are forced to " Ride for Luck " in so many races really.
They all haven't got Winx under them .
Best Lucky rides you will see included Falika ( I was on it ). Right along the fence from a bottled up, rearward , no chance position.
In Her Time , a run came too late.   The Fav in the Geelong Cup, dream inside run from a hopeless position ( just failed )
Dame WINX . ( captains call ) doesn't have to rely on such luck usually .   She circles the whole field. WHY ?    Because she can.

Best we not forget, the most " Baked " rider of recent times.

One Craig Williams .

He has finished up on one who ran 2nd in the strongest lead up form race for the CUP carrying 58K.      One   Wall Of Fire . Drops 5K to give Craig the Melbourne Cup 2017. & put egg on many faces.
I only need Marmelo & Amelie's Star in the placings for the trifecta .     All Too Easy.      .
3blindmice View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2017 at 2:32pm
Interview with CW and trainer last week

Interview with trainer today
Magnolian Khan View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magnolian Khan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2017 at 8:31am
Be funny if he wins the Twitter Trophy today......
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2017 at 7:00pm
Bloody Williams coming down the wrong side of the track on the mighty but desperately unlucky Vega Magic. What a frickin' moron!Angry How does that goose ever get a ride?Angry

LOL

SkyDancer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkyDancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2017 at 7:20pm
Originally posted by Tlazolteotl Tlazolteotl wrote:

Bloody Williams coming down the wrong side of the track on the mighty but desperately unlucky Vega Magic. What a frickin' moron!Angry How does that goose ever get a ride?Angry

LOL

Huh?

Sir Gov View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sir Gov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2017 at 7:47pm
1 win & 3 placings from 24 rides (9 under $10) at the carnival........

0 from 7 riding for Hayes

Sunline View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2017 at 9:31pm
Yep.
Sunline...simply supreme
Sullenberger View Drop Down
Yearling
Yearling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sullenberger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2017 at 10:40pm

LOL

WTF YOU ON ABOUT, CHECK YOUR FORMGUIDE.

Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2017 at 12:41pm
Originally posted by Sullenberger Sullenberger wrote:

LOL

WTF YOU ON ABOUT, CHECK YOUR FORMGUIDE.

IRONY ALERTShocked
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2017 at 1:10pm
Seems it went thru' to the keeper Tlaz but for once, I was 'with it' Wink
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2018 at 4:52pm
Williams is an ugly arrogant mutt
Can’t stand the little man
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2018 at 5:04pm
Originally posted by Shawy38 Shawy38 wrote:

Williams is an ugly arrogant mutt
Can’t stand the little man

lol    SO is Barnaby Joyce but he's rung up No1 again..
hatch View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hatch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2018 at 5:08pm
He didn't do to bad in the last race.
scamanda View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scamanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2018 at 5:13pm
I like him.

When he wins. LOL
I started with nothing and still have most of it left
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2018 at 5:14pm
Originally posted by hatch hatch wrote:

He didn't do to bad in the last race.

He's a good rider Hatch..      They all have unlucky times. Cyclical
Prince of Penzance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prince of Penzance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2018 at 5:18pm
Can’t work him out. He is arrogant but some times you need to be
Didn’t have any major issues with his riding today though
Einstein View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Einstein Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2018 at 8:10pm
Why is he arrogant?
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prince of Penzance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2018 at 8:20pm
In his interviews he comes across as arrogant and a few racing people I’ve met, all say the same thing about him. He’s very competitive and does everything he can to help himself, but doesn’t give two hoots when it comes to helping others . Just what I’ve heard.
Total opposite to D Oliver , who would give you the clothes off his back
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2018 at 8:20pm
Arrogant is the last thing I'd call Williams.

reductio ad absurdum
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2018 at 8:22pm
Originally posted by Prince of Penzance Prince of Penzance wrote:

In his interviews he comes across as arrogant and a few racing people I’ve met, all say the same thing about him. He’s very competitive and does everything he can to help himself, but doesn’t give two hoots when it comes to helping others . Just what I’ve heard.

He parises and thanks everybody from the butt wipers to the Queens of turf.

He is definitely not arrogant.

reductio ad absurdum
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2018 at 8:28pm

Great for Punters is D Oliver.        he has $10000 on the fav when he's riding the 2 nd fav.
I know who I would have on my horse.
Sworn Revenge View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sworn Revenge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2018 at 8:35pm
Originally posted by maccamax maccamax wrote:

Great for Punters is D Oliver.        he has $10000 on the fav when he's riding the 2 nd fav.
I know who I would have on my horse.

It's only called gambling when you lose
Sunline View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2018 at 9:38pm
Hear, hear.
Sunline...simply supreme
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prince of Penzance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2018 at 9:47pm
I can only go on what I hear from trainers and jockeys
Williams is all the cameras, off camera he is not like that
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2018 at 10:17pm
Originally posted by Sunline Sunline wrote:

Hear, hear.

Hear hear , as well.
Know who I would prefer on my horse. 
animals before people.
Sunline View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2018 at 10:48pm
I am known to bag him for how casual he is when he is boxed in, just shows no urgency or effort whatsoever to find a way out, he just sits there almost as if he's loving the opportunity to say he was a certainty beat.

But the guy is a first class professional, does more homework than anyone, and has a brain unlike many of them. I also have no reason to question his integrity, whereas Oliver has given us plenty of reason to question his. Even if it was his "first and last bet."
Sunline...simply supreme
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prince of Penzance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2018 at 11:40pm
Each to there own, maybe do some research behind the scenes and you’ll see for yourselves what I’m talking about
Anyway enough from me I’m not hear to pick fights
linghi11 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote linghi11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2018 at 11:45pm
I get a feeling that Willo may not be all that well-liked by other jockeys - so when he’s boxed in they won’t yield, as opposed to a few other riders they’ll let out if theirs isn’t travelling. Could account for a lot of his bad luck.
to the victor
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prince of Penzance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2018 at 11:54pm
Originally posted by linghi11 linghi11 wrote:

I get a feeling that Willo may not be all that well-liked by other jockeys - so when he’s boxed in they won’t yield, as opposed to a few other riders they’ll let out if theirs isn’t travelling. Could account for a lot of his bad luck.

That would be spot on. Doesn’t have many ‘friends’ that are jockeys
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 10>