Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Craig Williams

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 10>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2017 at 6:21pm
he is going so badly, what a bunch of whining losers LOLLOL
TJMitchell View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2017 at 6:23pm
Cant run up asses if you lead
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2017 at 6:24pm
Originally posted by TJMitchell TJMitchell wrote:

1st one all day to win from lead
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2017 at 6:33pm
Not for me, at times too smart for his own good , the ride at the valley last week lacked all inititiative for a top jock, he's a big fish in a medium size pond, would starve in honkers,
Imho.
skippy123 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skippy123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2017 at 6:37pm
Tap on, tap off kinda guy ....
TJMitchell View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2017 at 6:41pm
Originally posted by Whale Whale wrote:

Originally posted by TJMitchell TJMitchell wrote:

1st one all day to win from lead

Not having a go, just stating a fact. A bit like yourself.
Sworn Revenge View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sworn Revenge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2017 at 6:45pm
Originally posted by Shawy38 Shawy38 wrote:

I think he must be a secret agent for some heavy hitting betfair punters.
Dodgy as dodgy can be.
Scum P O S

Bang out of order Shawy. There are more talented riders but his integrity is second to none.

If you think he is guilty of pulling horses rather than simply poor rides you need to give yourself a serious uppercut.
It's only called gambling when you lose
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2017 at 6:56pm
Originally posted by Sworn Revenge Sworn Revenge wrote:

Dodgy as dodgy can be.
Scum P O S

Bang out of order Shawy. There are more talented riders but his integrity is second to none.

If you think he is guilty of pulling horses rather than simply poor rides you need to give yourself a serious uppercut.

Facts don't lie. He is very good at hiding it.
Watch him closely he is a shifty prick
Sworn Revenge View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sworn Revenge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2017 at 7:04pm
Facts!!!

It's only called gambling when you lose
max manewer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2017 at 7:11pm
These sorts of allegations are usually, as in this case, not borne out by data. There are a few though, that facts do seem to "convict".
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2017 at 7:16pm
There was a leading jockey in Brisbane a generation ago, that any statistically sound analysis of his performance on favourites, could only deduce they were "in the bag".
Rusty101 View Drop Down
Yearling
Yearling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rusty101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2017 at 9:14pm

Originally posted by Sworn Revenge Sworn Revenge wrote:

Dodgy as dodgy can be.
Scum P O S

Facts don't lie. He is very good at hiding it.
Watch him closely he is a shifty prick

Pacemakers would quickly sort out these scum but there's a reason why our administrations are against them.....starts at the top I reckon.
Rusty
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2017 at 9:26pm
Load of old cobblers, Williams is showing an SP profit on faves and second faves in the last year. Not good enough for youse ?
Rusty101 View Drop Down
Yearling
Yearling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rusty101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2017 at 10:47pm
"I’M NOT THAT SORT OF RIDER”

Visiting rider Michael Walker was put under pressure by stewards at Randwick on Saturday in the aftermath of his ride aboard the Chris Waller-trained My Giuliano in the National Jockeys Trust Benchmark 84 Handicap (2000m).

Walker was hauled before stewards to explain why My Giuliano had shifted out rounding the home turn to give the odds-on favourite and stablemate Up ‘N’ Rolling a dream run before recording his second win of this current campaign.

Stewards asked Walker did he know Up ‘N’ Rolling was behind the leaders and back to his inside to which he emphatically replied, "No”.

"I was on empty, I barely got over the line,” Walker told stewards.

"When a horse is on empty and you try to get around a corner, it starts floating.”

After reviewing the footage stewards conceded there was no evidence that Walker was aware of where Up ‘N’ Rolling was in the run and took no further action.

"It is clear your horse is under pressure at the corner when you place it under pressure,” chief steward Marc Van Gestel said.

Walker replied; "I’m not that sort of rider to be a team rider,” before leaving the stewards room.   

https://www.racenet.com.au/news/137000/Randwick-around-the-track-with-Clinton-Payne-on-Saturday           

Rusty
Rusty101 View Drop Down
Yearling
Yearling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rusty101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2017 at 10:51pm
Stablemates to boot......nothing to see here right 
Rusty
3blindmice View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2017 at 11:08pm
Runner up got the same run through as the winner so in the unlikely event that your conspiracy theory has any legs it seems that Walker didn't get that part of the message eh? 
Rusty101 View Drop Down
Yearling
Yearling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rusty101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2017 at 11:46pm
C/mon that's lame BM, odds on pops don't worry about who runs 2nd, usually space, and it's a stretch to claim stablemates don't know each others game plan.
If we, the punters keep policing each other, who will police on our behalf?
Rusty
3blindmice View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2017 at 12:21am
Yes I see your point Rusty. Waller trained My Giuliano to run out of puff precisely at the corner knowing that Up n Rolling would be parked behind him on the rails. 

There are plenty of sus rides/trainer instructions (always a good fallback) worthy of comment but you're barking up the wrong tree with this example.

Conspiracies etc aside (nonsense imo), as the "best" Vic jockey Williams' penchant for parking horses behind bums (Charlevoix x 2, Fuhryk etc etc etc) is something worthy of a stewards warning at the very least I'd have thought.
Rusty101 View Drop Down
Yearling
Yearling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rusty101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2017 at 1:10am
Originally posted by 3blindmice 3blindmice wrote:

Yes I see your point Rusty. Waller trained My Giuliano to run out of puff precisely at the corner knowing that Up n Rolling would be parked behind him on the rails. 

Seeing is believing BM
Rusty
cabosanlucas View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cabosanlucas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2017 at 1:42pm
plymouth road was ridden out of the gates to lead...pulled at a good clip in front...and was still taken on in the lead.

suited wallers hot pot.
Magnolian Khan View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magnolian Khan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2017 at 2:22pm
If it wasn't Williams I have little to no doubt the rider of Fuhryk would be questioned by stewards
Stainvita View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stainvita Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2017 at 3:06pm
Originally posted by Magnolian Khan Magnolian Khan wrote:

If it wasn't Williams I have little to no doubt the rider of Fuhryk would be questioned by stewards

Trouble is that there are no stewards in Melbourne Metropolitan Racing,it is a carnival of treasure where reversals of form are not on anybody's radar.
If your hands aren't shaking you haven't put enough on.
rusty nails View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rusty nails Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2017 at 11:03am
The horse was disappointing, he never spent a penny in the run, covered less ground than most and made no real ground on any horses in the run home.
Like many high profile favoured horses from that stable in the last few weeks, was disappointing/needed the run.
I will struggle to back it next start.
mammoth View Drop Down
Yearling
Yearling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mammoth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2017 at 11:36pm
William Pike is the GOAT don't trust Craig Williams anymore
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2017 at 12:14am
If trust/distrust of jockeys figures prominently in your selection process, you are not going to be winning. Their form is up and down and all over the place, and trying to disentangle that from normal statistical variation, is not worth bothering with. The ones that are a handicap on a horse, beyond what the market factors in to the odds, are shuffled out of pack pretty quickly, and don't get rides. In my opinion, of course.
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2017 at 9:53pm
23 meetings for nearly killing Damian Lane and Limestone
SkyDancer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkyDancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2017 at 10:03pm
Craig Williams (Jukebox) - pleaded guilty to a charge of careless riding under the provisions of AR137(a), the carelessness being that inside the final 100m he permitted his mount to shift out whilst riding it along impeding the line of Booker, which in turn shifted out into the path of Limestone resulting in Limestone contacting the heel of Booker and falling, dislodging Damian Lane. Craig Williams had his licence to ride in races suspended for a period to commence at midnight September 16th and to expire at midnight October 7th, a total of twenty-three race meetings (seven metropolitan, sixteen provincial). In assessing penalty Stewards took into account his guilty plea and record, his carelessness caused a fall and the upcoming group meetings he will miss.
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2017 at 11:00pm
Not sure how t post FB videos but the head on is on the racing.com page.
How Lane and Limestone are okay is beyond me. That was unbelievably dangerous.
23 meetings is putting it lightly

https://racing.com/news/2017-09-16/williams-hit-with-23-meet-whack

Reigning Melbourne premiership-winning jockey Craig Williams has copped a 23-meeting suspension for being central to the fall of Limestone and Damian Lane in the Danehill Stakes at Flemington on Saturday.

Williams - who will sit out Group 1 meetings at The Valley (Moir Stakes), Caulfield (Underwood Stakes and Rupert Clark Stakes) and Flemington (Turnbull Stakes) over the coming weeks - was riding Jukebox in the Group 2 feature and was beaten three-quarters of a length into second on the Ciaron Maher-trained colt by his usual ride Catchy.

But if that wasn't already painful enough for Williams seeing his ride - which was Regan Bayliss' on Saturday as Williams was already committed to the colt before connections had a change of heart with Catchy - the stewards sanctioned him for shifting out over the final 100m and being central to Lane and Limestone clipping heels.

Williams pleaded guilty to a careless riding charge and was contrite in his evidence, adding that it was the first time in his decorated career that his riding had contributed to a fall.

"Only 'til I viewed the replay did I realise how far we'd shifted," Williams said.

“Thankfully Damian Lane and the horse Limestone are okay.

“That’s the responsibility we have as riders and I won’t be appealing.”

Edited by Gay3 - 16 Sep 2017 at 11:26pm
Winning isn't everything, it's the only thing
Breeding Above All View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Breeding Above All Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2017 at 9:08am
Should Be 70 meetings for that..
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2017 at 9:50am
Stewards are piss weak. Fancy taking into account the group races he will miss.

They are the biggest blight on racing.
reductio ad absurdum
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 10>