Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Craig Williams

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 10>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2017 at 10:38am
No problem with that djebel. You can't compare missing a week in winter with missing a week in spring in terms of punishment and deterrence. You can still be angry about the interference but it doesn't mean the decision wasn't appropriate to consider time of year. Stewards in both states have done that for time immemorial.
Sunline...simply supreme
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2017 at 1:35pm
If anything suspensions should be double in the Carnival races.
make it an extra inventive to do the right thing

Kind of like double demerits when driving over holiday periods
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2017 at 1:43pm
Originally posted by Shawy38 Shawy38 wrote:

If anything suspensions should be double in the Carnival races.
make it an extra inventive to do the right thing

Kind of like double demerits when driving over holiday periods

Handshake

Beer
reductio ad absurdum
mc41 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mc41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2017 at 10:06pm
Stewards need to hand out penalties that jocks can accept and not appeal
cabosanlucas View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cabosanlucas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2017 at 11:26pm
Misses the ride on SWR in the moir. Mcevoy gets it.
Sunline View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2017 at 5:19pm
Never fails to let me down this bloke.

What a joke of a ride.
Sunline...simply supreme
SHOVHOG View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SHOVHOG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2017 at 5:20pm
It was a certainty beaten.
" In gambling the many must lose in order for the few to win"
Magnolian Khan View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magnolian Khan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2017 at 5:20pm
Originally posted by Sunline Sunline wrote:

Never fails to let me down this bloke.

What a joke of a ride.

That is why I don’t back his rides
correctweight View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote correctweight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2017 at 5:21pm
When was the last time Vega Magic was restrained in a race? Very disappointing ride.
Sir Gov View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sir Gov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2017 at 5:22pm
Syd vs Melb

Stick with Sydney
Sunline View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2017 at 5:22pm
Absolute imbecilic ride. All he had to do was back the horse to sustain pressure up top. He restrained him and threw him out of the race.
Sunline...simply supreme
SHOVHOG View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SHOVHOG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2017 at 5:23pm
He spent 300m trying to restrain it was ludicrous.
" In gambling the many must lose in order for the few to win"
correctweight View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote correctweight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2017 at 5:25pm
Should've just let it run, he would've won.
mikey View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2017 at 11:54am
I think Craig will be pretty disappointed himself with the ride. + he cost himself more than the avg punter with his lost percentages from a winning ride. Sometimes I have wondered but I'm sure he was trying hard here.
hatch View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hatch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2017 at 12:12pm
He is a top jockey ,very good trier , would have been concentrating hard on what to do, made a decision ,if it was right or wrong we will never know .
Sunline View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Sunline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2017 at 12:17pm
Only jockeys and their parents believe in "we'll never know." That said, punters tend to have a crystal ball when it comes to what would have happened if they made the other decision.
Sunline...simply supreme
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2017 at 10:30pm
Originally posted by mikey mikey wrote:

I think Craig will be pretty disappointed himself with the ride. + he cost himself more than the avg punter with his lost percentages from a winning ride. Sometimes I have wondered but I'm sure he was trying hard here.

He didn't have a choice Mikey.   Jumped better than most and the inside speed was quickly obvious. He eased back but never got closer than 3 & 4 out.    6 out on the turn.   Super run.
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 2:24pm
prick
reductio ad absurdum
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 2:30pm
Originally posted by djebel djebel wrote:

prick

Luv it ...       ME or Williams or both ...
max manewer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 2:56pm
You laugh when jockeys get a miracle run through, it is called genius, but when the gaps don't open they are called morons. Similarly, pressed forward, or settled back, if it pans out, it is great judgement. It all evens out in the end. I heard once that a jockey riding the favourite in a Melbourne Cup, pulled it up. He was already a cup-winning jockey. I believe it, my informant was well-connected. That would hurt, if you were the owners. But casually backing horses, you just move on to the next race.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 3:14pm
Originally posted by max manewer max manewer wrote:

You laugh when jockeys get a miracle run through, it is called genius, but when the gaps don't open they are called morons. Similarly, pressed forward, or settled back, if it pans out, it is great judgement. It all evens out in the end. I heard once that a jockey riding the favourite in a Melbourne Cup, pulled it up. He was already a cup-winning jockey. I believe it, my informant was well-connected. That would hurt, if you were the owners. But casually backing horses, you just move on to the next race.

Craig Williams has had so many knockers recently ,     He will certainly have a big Spring carnival.   never fails.

It is the worlds greatest certainty = " CYCLICAL "
Sunline View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 3:25pm
Max Manewer, the bit I disagree with re your post, is the damned if you do, damned if you don't when it applies to this example. You will find the majority of Vega Magic backers had him mapping as working hard on speed to find a spot outside Houtzen, or if they went hard enough to hold him out, it would string them out and he could slot into the 1/1. Even orst case scenario he sits 3 side on speed, he had already proven many times he can cope with pressure on speed and there is only one turn at Randwick over 1200m.

No one, in their wildest nightmares, had Williams making the decision to snag back to the point he had only something like 3 horses behind him at the top of the straight. That was a farce and he had one way to ride him and one way only.
Sunline...simply supreme
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 3:42pm
I'm not saying he rode it well, but you have no control over jockeys, beyond electing not to back their mounts. Complaining about jockeys is about as fruitful as a man complaining to his mother-in-law about his wife. It seems to me that many punters back horses they are keen on, despite having strong reservations about the jockey. Then complain about the jockey when it loses. Who is really to blame there ?
hatch View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hatch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 3:44pm
The stewards did not disagree with his ride, he was a victim of circumstances.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 3:52pm
Originally posted by Sunline Sunline wrote:

Max Manewer, the bit I disagree with re your post, is the damned if you do, damned if you don't when it applies to this example. You will find the majority of Vega Magic backers had him mapping as working hard on speed to find a spot outside Houtzen, or if they went hard enough to hold him out, it would string them out and he could slot into the 1/1. Even orst case scenario he sits 3 side on speed, he had already proven many times he can cope with pressure on speed and there is only one turn at Randwick over 1200m.

No one, in their wildest nightmares, had Williams making the decision to snag back to the point he had only something like 3 horses behind him at the top of the straight. That was a farce and he had one way to ride him and one way only.

Very much see your point Sunline .   We will never know for sure . He did jump well and attempted to be up there but the speed inside, had him ease. When their running near course record time in the "fast" lane,What time would Vega Magic have run with the same draw Redzel had.
He did prove one thing.    He's Bluddy good , get on the next few.
One of those races where the barrier draw was crucial.
3 Y/O SWR . had the dream run.( pulled up badly with physical problems & spelled.
Hoffy95 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hoffy95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 3:54pm
Originally posted by hatch hatch wrote:

The stewards did not disagree with his ride, he was a victim of circumstances.

Haha classic. 
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 3:56pm
Crying about jockeys is classic loser talk. It is like bemoaning the poor job that Fred the fencing contractor made of your fence, when you already knew his fences go higgledy-piggledy not long after being erected. Of course, there is the possibility that the jockey specially reserves his worst rides for your bets........
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 3:58pm
I agree with Sunline that easing off when wide at the 1200m Randwick isn't needed, there being only the one reasonably gentle turn.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 4:29pm
Originally posted by max manewer max manewer wrote:

I agree with Sunline that easing off when wide at the 1200m Randwick isn't needed, there being only the one reasonably gentle turn.

No turn is gentle when your 4-6 wide Max.   Especially with the rail out 6m.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 4:38pm

There is little barrier or on-pace bias at that start these days.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 10>