Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Voodoo Lad

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2018 at 3:38pm
He is better than that lot.

Remember, it might take intelligence to be smart , but it takes experience to be wise
3blindmice View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2018 at 3:49pm
At his best, yes. Someone was confident he was near that today.

Maher will be a little disappointed with Jukebox despite the extended break. Had him wound up and looked to have every chance. He will be much better for the run but will meet some good ones in the spring.
crooked_gambler View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crooked_gambler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2018 at 4:00pm
Bang bang
This space has been intentionally left blank
Prince of Penzance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prince of Penzance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2018 at 5:52pm
Finally gets a Group 1
Jamal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2018 at 6:04pm
$100 each way. My shout for chinese for dinner tonight anyone ☺
Australian racing is only good up to 1400m in terms of world standards when it comes to depth/quality in numbers
Brudder_A View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brudder_A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2018 at 6:25pm
Originally posted by Prince of Penzance Prince of Penzance wrote:

Finally gets a Group 1

Not that he has been close in GI events....

Prince of Penzance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prince of Penzance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2018 at 6:32pm
Originally posted by Brudder_A Brudder_A wrote:

Finally gets a Group 1

Previously had two seconds in Group 1 races
Rupert Clark and Newmarket
Lordy View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lordy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2018 at 6:36pm
Looked a good race for him and it panned out that way. Surprised at his price.
VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2018 at 8:02pm
If Pikes ride last week on Galaxy Star was good, then the old timer showed the young'uns he still has it today.

Showed the experience of knowing his horse, and reading the race. Sat wide back with cover, got onto the back of one which took him into the race and peeled out in the last 300m.

He was a good price at $13 on the NSWTab
Remember, it might take intelligence to be smart , but it takes experience to be wise
Brudder_A View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brudder_A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2018 at 10:56pm

Originally posted by Brudder_A Brudder_A wrote:

Finally gets a Group 1

Previously had two seconds in Group 1 races
Rupert Clark and Newmarket

+18 months ago....

Since then:
5th/15 TJ Smith 10/1
7th/10 All Aged 13/2
5th/13 Moir 10/1
10th/20 Goodwood 15/1
15th/16 Stradbroke 17/1
8th/14 Manikato 14/1

So I'll add the qualifier "not recently...."

Brudder_A View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brudder_A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2018 at 10:58pm
Originally posted by VOYAGER VOYAGER wrote:

If Pikes ride last week on Galaxy Star was good, then the old timer showed the young'uns he still has it today.

Showed the experience of knowing his horse, and reading the race. Sat wide back with cover, got onto the back of one which took him into the race and peeled out in the last 300m.

He was a good price at $13 on the NSWTab

I would that say some 7yo geldings age like a good vino.....
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2018 at 11:19pm
I'd say that was a benchmark 90 at best .

Group 1 ..hahahahaha
VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2018 at 3:11pm
I know I would rather back Enticing Star in a group 1 in the east than Galaxy Star.

I think it was probably not a group 1 wfa sprint, but I think horses like Runson (3rd behind Osbourne Bulls), I'll Have A Bit (I knew we were in trouble when I heard Mcardle say that she was only meant to have one run this spring due to a setback, but she is a genuine group 1 handicap contender) and others like Dainty Tess (has a win over Santa Ana Lane, before the Goodwood) and Voodoo Lad (competitive against Brave Smash and Ball Of Muscle), make it at least as good as any group 1 sprint handicap we will get in the new year.

Enticing Star can run well in the Oakleigh Plate, Galaxy or Goodwood. 
Bonfield View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bonfield Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2018 at 5:05pm
This was not a vintage year but the Winterbottom isn't the weakest G1 around.
marscay View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marscay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2018 at 5:42am
Originally posted by Jamal Jamal wrote:

Any fortune cookies left?

Nice win
Jamal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2018 at 9:03am
Originally posted by marscay marscay wrote:

Originally posted by Jamal Jamal wrote:

Any fortune cookies left?

Nice win

Cookies are all gone mate.
Australian racing is only good up to 1400m in terms of world standards when it comes to depth/quality in numbers
crooked_gambler View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crooked_gambler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2019 at 7:33pm
Just awful to witness, hate seeing that happen.
This space has been intentionally left blank
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2019 at 7:40pm
I was reliably informed about 8 weeks ago that this horse was so unsound when he arrived at the pre trainers' he was unable to have him ridden in the sea on the 1st day, instead, he was led. Incomprehensible that his prep was continued.
No more pain now for the gallant warrior who continued to combat the pain barrier to the end Broken Heart

Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
Xavier View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xavier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2019 at 7:41pm
Wow. Why didn’t the stewards or Dr Forbes act then?
Karl and Susan Kennedy are my heroes
JudgeHolden View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JudgeHolden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2019 at 7:45pm
Originally posted by Gay3 Gay3 wrote:

I was reliably informed about 8 weeks ago that this horse was so unsound when he arrived at the pre trainers' he was unable to have him ridden in the sea on the 1st day, instead, he was led. Incomprehensible that his prep was continued.
No more pain now for the gallant warrior who continued to combat the pain barrier to the end Broken Heart

How did this get past the vets?
Xavier View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xavier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2019 at 7:46pm
I just can’t belive that if that was true, nobody did anything to prevent this from happening
ChrisB View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChrisB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2019 at 7:47pm
Big call Gay.

Not suggesting wrong but that's disgraceful in various ways if true.
Kingy View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kingy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2019 at 7:48pm
Just sickening. Very sad. 
Afros View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2019 at 7:49pm
Originally posted by Gay3 Gay3 wrote:

Someone needs to go a row if that is true, stories like this will give the anti racing brigade a massive boost in their push to ban racing, this should be investigated and if true, punishments handed out.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JudgeHolden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2019 at 7:52pm
Sorry, I like Gay but she has a MASSIVE set against this stable. Some of which I’ve found borderline libellous. Gay, provide evidence for this.
Xavier View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xavier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2019 at 7:56pm
All Group 1 runners are thoroughly checked in the lead up to races I think anyway aren’t they?
anabel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anabel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2019 at 7:59pm
Five previous Vet Embargoes for unsoundness.
ChrisB View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ChrisB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2019 at 8:03pm
Turn it up JudgeCommodore.

If Gay says it no reason not to believe it.

Usually on the money
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JudgeHolden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2019 at 8:03pm
Originally posted by anabel anabel wrote:

Five previous Vet Embargoes for unsoundness.

But no Vet embargo for Voodoo Lad. What’s your point?
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JudgeHolden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2019 at 8:09pm
Commodore...surprised no one else’s thought of that...that’s hilarious.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>