Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Redzel

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2017 at 11:11am
Talk he may head to Ascot?
Lord Hybrow View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lord Hybrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2017 at 12:00pm
Originally posted by Shawy38 Shawy38 wrote:

Well he’s only had 4 starts this prep, so why not head to Ascot. Would exciting for Perth racing fans to see the No.1 sprinter in Australia racing in the Winterbottom Stks - G1 $1.0m race.
max manewer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2017 at 12:03pm
Ascot WA or Ascot old Dart ?
cabosanlucas View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cabosanlucas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2017 at 12:09pm
he's going to the paddock
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2017 at 12:18pm

It would be madness not to concentrate on another tilt at The Excesserest next spring.
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2017 at 12:36pm
Originally posted by Lord Hybrow Lord Hybrow wrote:

Originally posted by Shawy38 Shawy38 wrote:

Well he’s only had 4 starts this prep, so why not head to Ascot. Would exciting for Perth racing fans to see the No.1 sprinter in Australia racing in the Winterbottom Stks - G1 $1.0m race.

Royal Ascot UK is what I meant, but he’d dominate in Perth too
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2017 at 12:42pm
Whatever they do, would surely only be done if it does not conflict with the megabuck race. That would rule at Ascot UK.
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2017 at 12:43pm
Originally posted by Shrunk in the Wash Shrunk in the Wash wrote:

Great little horse but geez some of those owners carry on like fools

A lot of people seem to carry on like turkeys on a racehorse.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2017 at 12:44pm
Originally posted by Tlazolteotl Tlazolteotl wrote:

A lot of people seem to carry on like turkeys on a racecourse.Confused
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2017 at 12:46pm

A lot of people seem to carry on like turkeys on a racehorse.

If my horse had won nearly $8 million I would probably go OTT too
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2017 at 12:48pm
Royal Ascot could be on Redzel's radar after Darley Classic win
Redzel: followed up his Emirates win with a stylish victory in the Darley Classic at Flemington on Saturday
Redzel: followed up his Emirates win with a stylish victory in the Darley Classic at Flemington on Saturday
Mark Evans
1 of 1
By David Jennings
UPDATED 2:55PM, NOV 11 2017

Redzel for Royal Ascot – that was the clamour coming from the Triple Crown syndicate who part-own the superstar sprinter following his sixth success in a row in the Group 1 Darley Classic at Flemington on Saturday.

Having successfully reached the summit of Everest last month, winning the world's richest turf race at Randwick, Redzel confirmed his superiority over Vega Magic And crowd favourite Chautauqua with a stylish all-the-way win to claim the $600,000 (£350,877) winner's cheque.

Josh Tinning, racing manager for the Triple Crown syndicate, is now hoping that Redzel will be routed to Royal Ascot in 2018 for a crack at the Diamond Jubilee Stakes.

Tinning said: "We would all absolutely love to come to Royal Ascot with Redzel. That would be a dream come true for us all and hopefully we can make it happen but we will enjoy today first. It has been the most amazing journey for all of us."

Peter Snowden now believes Redzel is the best Australian sprinter in the business.

The winning trainer said: "I thought he proved himself to be the best sprinter in Australia in the Everest but the hype around him said that he needed to do it again and that's what this guy keeps doing. He keeps proving the doubters wrong and keeps getting it done with professional performances."
cabosanlucas View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cabosanlucas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2017 at 12:48pm
you can forgive the owner battling a serious illness, but the other pork chops in the syndicate should be put on a lead when redzel moves into the barriers. idiots.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2017 at 12:49pm
Originally posted by cabosanlucas cabosanlucas wrote:

you can forgive the owner battling a serious illness, but the other pork chops in the syndicate should be put on a lead when redzel moves into the barriers. idiots.

At least they have some excuse. Plenty carry on like that when they've got $10 ew on a $5 winner.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2017 at 12:51pm
I detect some antipathy toward the ownership of both Winx and Redzel hereabouts. Do we also frown upon the bogan owners of things that can't pick their feet up ?
Straight Connector View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Straight Connector Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2017 at 12:59pm
Some of the comments about the owners of this champ horse are utterly pathetic and smack of sour grapes. They say a lot more about about you than the actions of winning some of our great races do about them. The comments about Piras are particularly despicable, considering the battles he has overcome. Battles very few understand let alone have to endure.

These guys can carry on however they see fit after they win the Everest again next year & not give a rats about the snobbish tosspots who comment from afar.
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2017 at 1:06pm
Originally posted by Straight Connector Straight Connector wrote:

Some of the comments about the owners of this champ horse are utterly pathetic and smack of sour grapes. They say a lot more about about you than the actions of winning some of our great races do about them. The comments about Piras are particularly despicable, considering the battles he has overcome. Battles very few understand let alone have to endure.

These guys can carry on however they see fit after they win the Everest again next year & not give a rats about the snobbish tosspots who comment from afar.

Well said mate
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2017 at 1:12pm

Originally posted by cabosanlucas cabosanlucas wrote:

At least they have some excuse. Plenty carry on like that when they've got $10 ew on a $5 winner.

Indeed. The hooting and hollering of punters is inversely proportional to the sum invested/won. There may well be a Law named after this phenomenon.
I recall one bloke carrying on like a mad thing watching a race on a TV monitor, bookies ticket in hand. I espied the writing on it, the sum ? "7 1/2". No, it wasn't from his hatband.
Shrunk in the Wash View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2017 at 2:07pm
Originally posted by max manewer max manewer wrote:

I detect some antipathy toward the ownership of both Winx and Redzel hereabouts. Do we also frown upon the bogan owners of things that can't pick their feet up ?

Umn, yes, the staged celebrations after every race every week is boring & moronic. Why would you let a racing TV station make a fool of you. No one seriously is being taken in by the fake hype
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2017 at 2:11pm
So long as they don't contravene any laws, who cares.
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2017 at 3:15pm
Originally posted by Straight Connector Straight Connector wrote:

You dont know what any of us have been thru , so you cant comment on us having no idea.   I know Piries has fought the big C, and it might not be a winning battle either.  So its a great thing for him to be enjoying this horse.  I also hope he can win his battle. 
Its not sour grapes on my part at all.  I love seeing battlers beat the big boys, and knock off the imports as well.
Yes its great to celebrate but they are becoming cringe worthy , and I stand by what i said about Piries.  If he was fit and healthy some of his remarks and actions would leave much to be desired.
animals before people.
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2017 at 3:48pm
Actually guys I can't remember anything against the owners of either these two greats except for the excitement shown which is mind boggling.  But that is what this horse has done for them.  Some people cry some people scream some people go quiet.  We're all so different but every owner of both Redzel and Winx can't believe the journey which their horse has taken them on.  So no matter what ill health or tragedy has struck at them they have a ray of equine greatness to lighten many moments.

VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2017 at 5:49pm
The Black Caviar crew started this backlash.

I also have no problem with owners showing emotion, in fact I would rather that than see a Bart style one liner-a-thon.

But if you act in a way which leaves you open to ridicule, you should not be surprised when you get some criticism.

I do not entirely blame her, but Inghams daughter who owns Winx, is always having a microphone shoved in her face (not her fault), and asked stupid idiotic questions and she gives the same answer. I suppose that is not her fault, but if I was her I would ask the interviewer to just ask the trainer the questions. To me she now seems she wants the attention and seeks it out. Maybe I am wrong, but her father and uncle set some rules and the media stood by them.

It has been my admittedly limited experience, that owners who embrace the camera are either syndicate managers trying to gain exposure for Dynamic or Triple Crown or whoever, or they are successful in other areas of their life, and they seem to think that because they have a fast racehorse they are the ones with the athletic ability. A good example of that last one is Nick Moraitis.

Good luck and scream and holler but do not expect everyone to think that is good after the fifteenth time seeing it.
Remember, it might take intelligence to be smart , but it takes experience to be wise
Xavier View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xavier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2018 at 10:57am
Scratched today, hope nothing serious?!
Karl and Susan Kennedy are my heroes
Stainvita View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stainvita Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2018 at 12:33pm
Originally posted by VOYAGER VOYAGER wrote:

I also have no problem with owners showing emotion, in fact I would rather that than see a Bart style one liner-a-thon.

But if you act in a way which leaves you open to ridicule, you should not be surprised when you get some criticism.

I do not entirely blame her, but Inghams daughter who owns Winx, is always having a microphone shoved in her face (not her fault), and asked stupid idiotic questions and she gives the same answer. I suppose that is not her fault, but if I was her I would ask the interviewer to just ask the trainer the questions. To me she now seems she wants the attention and seeks it out. Maybe I am wrong, but her father and uncle set some rules and the media stood by them.

It has been my admittedly limited experience, that owners who embrace the camera are either syndicate managers trying to gain exposure for Dynamic or Triple Crown or whoever, or they are successful in other areas of their life, and they seem to think that because they have a fast racehorse they are the ones with the athletic ability. A good example of that last one is Nick Moraitis.

Good luck and scream and holler but do not expect everyone to think that is good after the fifteenth time seeing it.

Absolutely correct I had the misfortune to attend an AJC Committee Luncheon with Moraitis sitting at my table,he was ignorant and only talked about himself.
If your hands aren't shaking you haven't put enough on.
3blindmice View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2018 at 12:35pm
Could barely get up this morning according to trainers. Probably muscular but they don't know yet. Not good a month out from the Everest.
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2018 at 12:59pm
Originally posted by Stainvita Stainvita wrote:

Originally posted by VOYAGER VOYAGER wrote:

Absolutely correct I had the misfortune to attend an AJC Committee Luncheon with Moraitis sitting at my table,he was ignorant and only talked about himself.

Whilst I tend to agree with this there is a great 30+ minute interview on RSN during the week that is well worth listening to.

In fact Michael Felgate has a good show on there everyday.

reductio ad absurdum
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2018 at 5:17pm
Good horse!
Jamal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2018 at 5:21pm
Best sprinter in Australia?
Australian racing is only good up to 1400m in terms of world standards when it comes to depth/quality in numbers
Speediskey View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speediskey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2018 at 5:23pm
He's the most consistent sprinter in Australia. He won today because they let him stack them up. If nothing takes him on it makes it impossible for anything else to beat him.
crooked_gambler View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crooked_gambler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2019 at 3:00pm
One of my favourites. Looks to have come back well.
This space has been intentionally left blank
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>