Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Redzel

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crooked_gambler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Redzel
    Posted: 27 Aug 2016 at 4:55pm
Good horse, great trainer
This space has been intentionally left blank
3blindmice View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2016 at 5:19pm
Fellow I know has a 10% share. Bit of a roller coaster ride after showing huge potential as a colt but will be wrapt today.
Magnolian Khan View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magnolian Khan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2016 at 4:18pm
Nothing wrong with the outside
Morgan Dollar View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morgan Dollar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2016 at 4:23pm
Excellent ride/tactics
Go The Dollar..!
Xavier View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xavier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2017 at 6:08pm
That's my boy
Karl and Susan Kennedy are my heroes
tillyras View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tillyras Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2017 at 9:54pm

Redzel Announcement

Redzel Secures slot in The Everest

Triple Crown Syndications and James Harron Bloodstock have teamed up to target the inaugural running of The Everest with Group 1 winning sprinter Redzel.

It has been announced tonight that an agreement was reached today to take Triple Crown’s son of Snitzel to the $10,000,000 feature event on October 14 at Royal Randwick.

Triple Crown’s Chris Ward said, “Redzel has had a meteoric rise over the last 12 months. This has seen him record a Group 1 win in the Doomben 10,000 in May before returning with an emphatic win first up in the Concorde Stakes, producing the highest Time Form rating for that race in the past 20 years. Trainer’s Peter and Paul Snowden told us early on he had stepped up to another level again this preparation and it’s an honour to have one of the very best sprinters in the land. It’s a great fit to team up with JHB and we look forward to climbing Everest with them.”

James Harron said, "On behalf of my owners in the JHB Everest slot we are hugely excited to team up with Triple Crown, Team Snowden and Redzel. He's a fantastically brilliant and consistent sprinter who has won or been second in 11 of his last 13 starts and was scintillating under 60kg in the Concorde last time. With Peter and Paul Snowden training, along with Kerrin riding there's a superb team behind Redzel for The Everest."
Sir Gov View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sir Gov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2017 at 10:37pm
In it up to his ears - rated off the map wit the last win
Breeding Above All View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Breeding Above All Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2017 at 10:42pm
Love watching this horse.. even though I for some reason ripped Spieth last start, everytime I watch this horse I'm more and more impressed. Cruising speed seems phenomenal and dependant on the speed in the race is if it wins imo. I look at Everest possible fields and there appears to be a fair bit of speed demons and should be a hot pace
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2017 at 1:28pm
I have tweeted ( disparagingly ) that this bloke was like a child overdosing on red cordial. 

The Everest: Redzel's part-owner Peter Piras mirrors fight of orphan foal

Adam Pengilly

Published: October 12 2017 - 12:41PM

Peter Piras knows what people think of him from a few seconds of crazy vision captured by a TV camera.

You know who he is by now, the over-exuberant bloke who part owns Redzel – with the red-framed sunglasses to boot – wildly pointing at the lens when his horse wins.

Want to know why there is such unbridled joy in those few moments? It's about the only time he doesn't feel pain.

When the bones aren't hurting. The chemotherapy is briefly forgotten. The kidney feels OK. The eye can see clearly. When that horrible diagnosis one late December almost 20 years ago – "two days before Christmas, what a present" – doesn't matter.

Because his horse has fought off every challenge – and challenger – just like he's tried to.

"And after he wins a race it feels like the pain has gone," leukemia sufferer Piras says.

Even this week, when his horse is just days away from running in the $10 million The Everest, Piras is fighting. He's had "a couple of bad nights with the bones" as a result of a previous bone-marrow transplant and has barely slept.

He struggles to keep weight on and once needed almost a year for a foot fracture to heal naturally, his steady dose of tablets meaning surgery is never really an option for any ailment.

But when he looks at Redzel it's like looking in a mirror.

His horse was an orphan foal who lost his mother Millrich, a star broodmare, just weeks after he was born. And he's fought all the way to a spot in the world's richest turf race.

"I see not only me [in Redzel], but it's the story behind him," Piras says.

"My mother lost her mum at a very early age and when she heard the story herself she knew exactly how that horse felt. And how hard it is. It would have had to fight to even survive. It's a match made in heaven.

"It takes mental power to keep going and it's amazing what your mental capacity can do."

As recently as this year Piras, who has dabbled in the restaurant game in Wollongong, was driving to Rosehill to watch Redzel in The Galaxy when he was caught up in a car accident.

His vehicle was a write-off. He broke four ribs and bruised his lung. Paramedics wanted him to get some further treatment.

He just wanted to see his horse, which was ultimately pipped by Russian Revolution in search of his first group 1 win.

"I had to lie to the ambulance [staff] so I could make it to the races," Piras laughs. "I was in so much pain and he nearly did it."

Then there was the time he felt so weak driving himself to the races he pulled over three times. But still didn't miss Redzel, whose group 1 win eventually came during the Brisbane winter carnival.

It was about as good as it got for Piras and Triple Crown's syndicate of owners, who will race the Peter and Paul Snowden-trained sprinter under James Harron's slot at Randwick on Saturday.

Piras often used to scour Magic Millions catalogues on the eve of sales and marked out a Snitzel colt. To his surprise, he noticed after it had gone through the ring Michael and Chris Ward's Triple Crown had bought him. He got on the phone immediately and asked for a share to be reserved for him.

He encouraged some friends and his dad to join him, but his father, a liver transplant recipient himself, had been scarred by a money pit which had been a previous horse he'd raced. He didn't want in.

"I said to dad, 'trust me, this horse will win you money back'," Piras says.

Little did he know how much. So even despite Piras representing Australia in previous Transplant Games competitions, Redzel is now his sporting pursuit.

"I wouldn't be here if it wasn't for a donor and I want to make sure donor awareness is so important," Piras says.

"People can save a life with a simple process of ticking a box. These days you never know. It could be your family, you ... anyone can get sick. Without that I wouldn't be here, my dad wouldn't be here and so many others wouldn't be here.

"And this horse not only keeps me going, but also my family."

Which is why Piras will battle his bones this week and make it to Randwick to watch his horse, the one with "a big heart who is like a pitbull".

The cameramen know who he is by now. They'll be close by waiting for the television gold.

And if Redzel wins The Everest?

"I will go crazy," Piras jokes.

You wouldn't blame him.

reductio ad absurdum
Straight Connector View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Straight Connector Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2017 at 1:50pm
What a legend!!
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2017 at 1:55pm
Stories like this are worth more than the race.  I hope She Will Reign wins as that would be a miracle but a dead heat with this boy wouldn't hurt would it?
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2017 at 2:04pm
Nice story .     He has won his recent starts with authority , drawn perfect so a Redzel win is very likely .     Many chances though.
Record buster besides Redzel is Deploy . Broke 1200 Randwick & Rosehill 1300 M Course Records at his past two outings, Great stuff.   Up 2K and Up in class but is probably the real value in the race.
jacko1 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacko1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2017 at 2:14pm
TheCat View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2017 at 3:59pm
Tactics? If he can cross Houtzen it could make it sticky for She Will Reign, but it could also mean that one of his biggest dangers (Vega Magic) sits outside him and controls the race...Can't wait, what an interesting race. 
"A dollar won is twice as sweet as a dollar earned."

Twitter: Paddywack6
Sir Gov View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sir Gov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2017 at 7:52pm
Cannot see the weaker Melb form standing up here. The Sydneysiders normally have a length or two on the Mexicans
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2017 at 5:53pm
Originally posted by Sir Gov Sir Gov wrote:

Cannot see the weaker Melb form standing up here. The Sydneysiders normally have a length or two on the Mexicans

You get the Bouquet narrowly today----- Love battering the Mexicans
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2017 at 11:46pm
Originally posted by maccamax maccamax wrote:

Originally posted by Sir Gov Sir Gov wrote:

You get the Bouquet narrowly today----- Love battering the Mexicans

My saviour you wonderful HORSE.       .3 outside the course record.

Back up top where you belong
SkyDancer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkyDancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2017 at 10:21pm
Summary: 20-10:4:1    Prizemoney: $7,195,250
Magnolian Khan View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magnolian Khan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2017 at 4:15pm
Originally posted by crooked_gambler crooked_gambler wrote:

Good horse, great trainer

Yep
scamanda View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scamanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2017 at 4:22pm
He's now faced the best Australia has to offer and beaten them hands down.
Chaut has been a grand champ for a long time but now it's all about Redzel and I can't see anything pushing him at the present time.

He's the champ.
I started with nothing and still have most of it left
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2017 at 4:26pm
Couldn't agree more scamanda though I hope She Will Reign can come back and give him a run for the money at Easter.
max manewer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2017 at 4:27pm
Certainly those crying about the Vega Magic ride in Sydney, don't get a lot of support from today's proceedings, although they were on a different part of the track today.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2017 at 4:28pm
Originally posted by scamanda scamanda wrote:

He's now faced the best Australia has to offer and beaten them hands down.
Chaut has been a grand champ for a long time but now it's all about Redzel and I can't see anything pushing him at the present time.

He's the champ.

No doubts today .. I thought the straight 1200 might test him but he was going away .
3blindmice View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2017 at 4:28pm
Yep, his early pace makes him very hard to beat. Has come a long way since his 2yo days when they held him in high regard but he disappointed. Gelding and more importantly maturity has made him bulletproof. Great horse
Bi Carb View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bi Carb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2017 at 9:21pm
Loves to win.
Maturity , and the absolute key , getting his nuts out.
Shrunk in the Wash View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2017 at 7:03am
Great little horse but geez some of those owners carry on like fools
Bi Carb View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bi Carb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2017 at 8:08am
Originally posted by Shrunk in the Wash Shrunk in the Wash wrote:

Agree , its one thing to have a good time and enjoy it , but its another thing to make tools of yourselves.
No grace , its an epidemic.
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2017 at 10:15am
Originally posted by Shrunk in the Wash Shrunk in the Wash wrote:

Funny, but I was thinking the same thing , watching them yesterday.  I would be over the moon too if it was my horse, but its embarressing watching some of them.  Of course its exciting and we all celebrate in different ways,,but Wacko   While one has to feel for the bloke who has been really ill, he seems like he is dead set on shoving it in everyone,s face that his horse is a winner and the rest can get stuffed.  ( Myabe he took a leaf out of Michelle,s book LOL ).  You just get the feeling that if he hadnt been ill, and so got the sympathy vote, you would find him to be a real jerk.
animals before people.
max manewer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2017 at 11:07am
Amazing the way the public money stuck to the horse, it paid $3.60 paramutuel everywhere, with bookies and betfair in the $4.2 to $4.8 range at the end. That is unusual today.
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2017 at 11:07am
Best sprinter in the country compiling a lovely picket fence.

Snowdens under pressure to build on that fence.

reductio ad absurdum
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>