Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Northern territory prison brutalisation

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 20>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote subastral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2016 at 8:33pm

Leftist, Marxist wingnuts. 3 word slogan there for you Dr......

Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2016 at 8:37pm
Originally posted by Whale Whale wrote:

Sarcasm becomes you   not.  you are the resident expert on all topics, I simply saw a programme on Four Corners, the best investigative programme on Australian TV and was disgusted.   Most people had the same reaction, I am not dispensing any wisdom or answers, nothing at all unusual, boastful or insughful about my reaction, I implied nothing of the sort  It bothers you though doesn't it,   strange that Confused

It bothers that your only contribution is to be detrimental to other people's opinions, with nothing more than spite to support it.

There are people who comment on forums, who do have life experience ... maccamax is clearly one of them, and handles all of the nutters with a hand behind his back.

You would be well advised to at least consider their opinions, do some research, and not be so naive as to believe everything you see on "the best investigative programme on Australian TV" ... it may well be the "best in the world", but the bar is not set very high!Dead
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2016 at 8:39pm

insightful *

I see you frothing at the mouth, furiously banging away at your reply, sorry but I gotta go out, have fun Dr E Wink

What, to the lounge room?
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2016 at 8:41pm
Originally posted by subastral subastral wrote:

You, sadly, are a lost cause ... if only you could have been introduced to a Correctional Facility at the appropriate time ...
Go Flash Go View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Go Flash Go Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2016 at 8:46pm

Another 4 Corners set-up ... the rack ! ... not the rack ! ... no please not the rack this time !!! LOL  ..... now what was that show.

Anyway what happened to the live animals that were stopped in reaction to that other "4 Corners expose" ...Oh yes they died miserable deaths wandering around in the Australian outback Clap great poutcome.

Anyhow Macca's on the money as usual in this area only one with half a clue about what's involved.

Won't go into that kids mental makeup/history only good luck to anyone trying to address it in the NT. There are some in Victoria that have half a clue but even they struggle and it gets progressively worse as you go further North.

Rubbish Journalism from a desperate lot (again)

PS dear trollies - don't bother Wink

Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2016 at 8:47pm
Don't believe Malcolm Turnbull agrees with you on any level.
Isaac soloman View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Isaac soloman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2016 at 8:57pm

Dylan Voller has instructed us to release this letter:

Edited by Gay3 - 26 Jul 2016 at 9:37pm
subastral View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote subastral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2016 at 8:58pm
Originally posted by Dr E Dr E wrote:

You, sadly, are a lost cause ... if only you could have been introduced to a Correctional Facility at the appropriate time ...

As long as you are next door at the asylum.......
Isaac soloman View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Isaac soloman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2016 at 9:03pm
sorry didnt come through. Shame. Dylan has more understanding than some on here.....[who wasnt young once]
gogos View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gogos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2016 at 9:07pm

insightful *

I see you frothing at the mouth, furiously banging away at your reply, sorry but I gotta go out, have fun Dr E Wink

Another lefty who cant discuss the topic.
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2016 at 9:08pm

As long as you are next door at the asylum.......

... have a tailor working on my straight jacket as we speak ... 
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2016 at 9:17pm
Originally posted by Isaac soloman Isaac soloman wrote:

sorry didnt come through. Shame. Dylan has more understanding than some on here.....[who wasnt young once]

You believe that Dylan wrote that letter? 

The institutionalised ...  football-loving teenager who ended up committing a 24-hour crime spree while high on ice?

But the young teenager had a troubled past.

The youth worker told news.com.au that the then 14-year-old had “underlying trauma” and had been in trouble with the NT Police as a juvenile.

A youth justice advocacy project worker had reported that Voller had suffered “anger issues” and had a “propensity to spit”.

Then on February 7, 2014, Voller got drunk and “high on ice” and with two other young men went on a 24-hour crime spree, attacking two men and a police officer.

It was during his incarceration following being found guilty for this series of incidents that Voller was placed in restraints and the spit hood in the now infamous Don Dale Youth Detention Centre in Darwin.

Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2016 at 9:21pm
Let's just wait until we see ALL of the video ... never came across a convicted criminal who wasn't "sorry" ... that he got caught.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2016 at 9:21pm
   These types of revelations have no real winners .      Government has no option , other than a Royal Commission.
   Understandable to expect revulsion to such an out of context programme.
 I'm not second guessing what merit is in the real story but from experience I can assure you , these areas of detention are a necessary evil and a far worse evil is to just have society wearing the criminal behaviour .    We have recently seen School Teachers removed from areas for their own safety in the north.
  Everyone is entitled to comment .    I have said my bit.
 Consider the consequences of not having areas to detain dangerous people .        There is no where available for the crazed,  drug induced psychotics now . We are paying an awful price for that.
  Hopefully the final outcome will have better results than the closing of the criminal sections of the Psychiatric system years ago.
gogos View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gogos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2016 at 9:22pm
Royal waste of money.
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2016 at 9:25pm
Notice this Voller was 17 when he went on his latest rampage ... they tend to get very ballsy if they are still minors, and think thet the consequence will not be big boy's prison.
Fiddlesticks View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fiddlesticks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2016 at 9:42pm
Originally posted by Go Flash Go Go Flash Go wrote:

Another 4 Corners set-up ... the rack ! ... not the rack ! ... no please not the rack this time !!! LOL  ..... now what was that show.

Anyway what happened to the live animals that were stopped in reaction to that other "4 Corners expose" ...Oh yes they died miserable deaths wandering around in the Australian outback Clap great poutcome.

Anyhow Macca's on the money as usual in this area only one with half a clue about what's involved.

Won't go into that kids mental makeup/history only good luck to anyone trying to address it in the NT. There are some in Victoria that have half a clue but even they struggle and it gets progressively worse as you go further North.

Rubbish Journalism from a desperate lot (again)

PS dear trollies - don't bother Wink

from the resident god botherer you sure are a nasty piece of works..Confused

Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2016 at 10:04pm

Good to see him elevating himself to insults.

compared to the hundreds,   thousands of insults you hurled at Gai that is nothing

That was a very impressive obsession of yours lasting many months Ouch

I take some notice of Macca but you seem to think I should accept everything he says. I don't think so, just because he is 82 and has worked in the health system , no way. Consider this, some who have worked in the health system have opposite views to him, who should I listen to ?
Rattlesnake View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rattlesnake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2016 at 11:10pm

The institutionalised ...  football-loving teenager who ended up committing a 24-hour crime spree while high on ice?

The youth worker told news.com.au that the then 14-year-old had “underlying trauma” and had been in trouble with the NT Police as a juvenile.

A youth justice advocacy project worker had reported that Voller had suffered “anger issues” and had a “propensity to spit”.

Then on February 7, 2014, Voller got drunk and “high on ice” and with two other young men went on a 24-hour crime spree, attacking two men and a police officer.

It was during his incarceration following being found guilty for this series of incidents that Voller was placed in restraints and the spit hood in the now infamous Don Dale Youth Detention Centre in Darwin.

So in this instance, the inmate was;

- A known spitter

- A known violent offender

- A known drug user

There looks to be a number of logical reasons as to why a hood and wrist restraints may have been required.

acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2016 at 11:18pm
Its horrible being spat on by some person you dont even know.    I  had some wild arse young bloke spit on me, and I swear, I would have given heaps to be able to stick a spitters hood on him.  
animals before people.
cabosanlucas View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cabosanlucas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2016 at 12:55am
They abused and tortured those kids, knowing it was filmed.

imagine what went on with no cameras to record....

subastral View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote subastral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2016 at 1:38am
Video of Voller being stripped naked and abused by authorities when he was 11, and continued abuse at 13 and 14 and so on, and people still want to blame the kid......
gogos View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gogos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2016 at 1:49am
Where was the mother and father? Woeful parents
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2016 at 3:33am
Originally posted by Rattlesnake Rattlesnake wrote:

So in this instance, the inmate was;

- A known spitter

- A known violent offender

- A known drug user

There looks to be a number of logical reasons as to why a hood and wrist restraints may have been required.

4 Corners obviously didn't think the fact that Voller had threatened to break his own hand so he could go to hospital, and was a habitual spitter, was relevant to him being hooded and restrained ... the Taxpayer funded 60 Minutes, as bad as Q&ADead
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2016 at 4:01am

Good to see him elevating himself to insults.

compared to the hundreds,   thousands of insults you hurled at Gai that is nothing

That was a very impressive obsession of yours lasting many months Ouch

I take some notice of Macca but you seem to think I should accept everything he says. I don't think so, just because he is 82 and has worked in the health system , no way. Consider this, some who have worked in the health system have opposite views to him, who should I listen to ?

Firstly, don't tell me you're a "Gai Defender" (gay deceiver granted) that would answer a lot of questions ... how many minorities do you need to be a part of Whale!?Confused

Secondly, I challenge you to point out the "thousands" of insults, that you lie about (I've told you a million times not to exaggerate by the way!) ... it can hardly be insulting if it is true ... just cite one comment that was not factual ... that would be sufficient.

Finally, PLEASE make a comment or statement about SOMETHING that you know about, I BEG OF YOU ... rather than just disagreeing for the sake of it ... that is just boring and juvenile ... there is virtually nothing edifying, intuitive, constructive or interesting in any of your whinging whining posts.

I'm certain there is something you have authoritative, or even anecdotal knowledge of that you could share, even if it's just your favourite Pokemon! 

By the way, how is the weather in "Broome" ... or is that rhyming slang for "your room" ...Wink

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cabosanlucas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2016 at 10:33am
Originally posted by gogos gogos wrote:

No cane
Drunk parents

Who is going to discipline these kids?

you recognise the absence of parenting, the dysfunctional childhood and i assume his mental health issues as a child??? Did you bother to get that far?

Yet still see this as a cut and dried case of an out of control criminal (not kid) that needs to be tortured, abused and assaulted. and whatever ounce of dignity he had needed to be destroyed.

And you call that discipline.

Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2016 at 10:40am
[million times not to exaggerate by the way!) ... it can hardly be insulting if it is true ... just cite one comment that was not factual ... that would be sufficient.

Finally, PLEASE make a comment or statement about SOMETHING that you know about, I BEG OF YOU ... rather than just disagreeing for the sake of it ... that is just boring and juvenile ... there is virtually nothing edifying, intuitive, constructive or interesting in any of your whinging whining posts.

I'm certain there is something you have authoritative, or even anecdotal knowledge of that you could share, even if it's just your favourite Pokemon! 

By the way, how is the weather in "Broome" ... or is that rhyming slang for "your room" ...Wink

[/QUOTE]

I stated my oinion about what I saw as barbaric practices, sorry next time I will PM you to see if I am allowed to have an opinion.  I guess the 90^% of people who agree with me are wrong,  Turnbull, Scullion, they have no life experience ,should consult you and Macca before making any pronouncements.

I  am now a big fan of Pauline Hanson's too Smile

Rattlesnake View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rattlesnake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2016 at 10:41am

Video of Voller being stripped naked and abused by authorities when he was 11, and continued abuse at 13 and 14 and so on, and people still want to blame the kid......

Detention centers have procedures in place when an inmate threatens self harm.

One of those procedures in this case was to remove the inmate's clothing to reduce risk of self harm.

If corrections staff didn't follow procedure and the inmate managed to kill himself, you'd be the first person on here complaining about the injustice of it all because procedure wasn't followed.

There may also be culpability issues for correctional staff if they knew the inmate threatened self harm, did not remove their clothing as procedure directed, and the clothing was used by the inmate to harm themselves.

If the inmate refuses to comply with directions to remove their clothing, force obviously needs to be used. You can't wish clothing off somebody. A hashtag wouldn't help either.

When harsh reality of a violent/confrontational situation clashes with the opinions formed by people after watching a few moments of CCTV and having no understanding of the circumstances.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cabosanlucas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2016 at 10:41am
Originally posted by maccamax maccamax wrote:

These types of revelations have no real winners .      Government has no option , other than a Royal Commission.
   Understandable to expect revulsion to such an out of context programme.
 I'm not second guessing what merit is in the real story but from experience I can assure you , these areas of detention are a necessary evil and a far worse evil is to just have society wearing the criminal behaviour .    We have recently seen School Teachers removed from areas for their own safety in the north.
  Everyone is entitled to comment .    I have said my bit.
 Consider the consequences of not having areas to detain dangerous people .        There is no where available for the crazed,  drug induced psychotics now . We are paying an awful price for that.
  Hopefully the final outcome will have better results than the closing of the criminal sections of the Psychiatric system years ago.

at any point, is juvenile detention about trying to help these kids turn it all around?...as hard as it may be? are kids a little different to adults?

You say that method of behavour is a "necessary evil" . evil behaviour will accomplish what? the more evil the "discipline" the better dylan will be afterwards?? hows all this worked so far max?

gogos View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gogos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2016 at 10:58am
Originally posted by cabosanlucas cabosanlucas wrote:

Originally posted by gogos gogos wrote:

No cane
Drunk parents

Who is going to discipline these kids?

you recognise the absence of parenting, the dysfunctional childhood and i assume his mental health issues as a child??? Did you bother to get that far?

Yet still see this as a cut and dried case of an out of control criminal (not kid) that needs to be tortured, abused and assaulted. and whatever ounce of dignity he had needed to be destroyed.

And you call that discipline.

The parents need to be flogged and fined. They are responsible.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 20>