Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Northern territory prison brutalisation

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1516171819 20>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2017 at 7:39pm

Centre
Originally posted by Dr E Dr E wrote:

$54 million for a Royal Commission who's only outcome is to suggest the closure of a Youth Detention Center ... that was already closed!Wacko

We could had 48% of a SSM postal Vote for that ... 

Centre
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2017 at 8:09pm
Clapnice.
Isaac soloman View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Isaac soloman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2018 at 7:27am

Dylan Voller claims he was bashed by Perth transit guards

Tony Barrass | The West Australian

Thursday’s incident at Cannington train station capped off a big night for the 21-year-old who posted photographs on Facebook which appeared to show the right hand side of his face grazed and swollen.

Voller claims he was:

BASHED by eight Perth transit guards;

CALLED“a piece of s---” by police; and

TOLD by the same officers, after they discovered his identity, they would “love to shoot” him.

The Public Transport Authority and police told The Sunday Times that CCTV footage and their officers’ reports of the Thursday night encounter tell a very different story.

The PTA alleges the footage shows an agitated youth flitting from one confrontation to another and goading public officers.

At one stage Mr Voller appears to jump off the platform at Cannington station and on to the railway tracks, pull down his trousers and expose his genitals to the public. The PTA alleges that he then pulls his trousers up before pulling them down and exposing himself again.

The PTA says that when he got back up on to the platform he was arrested by two guards and wrestled to the ground. The PTA confirmed one of the guards involved suffered a facial injury. It is not clear what caused the injury.

The confronting image of Mr Voller strapped to a chair in a spit-hood during an interrogation by jail guards was aired by ABC’s Four Corners in 2016. Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull called a royal commission into the treatment of mainly indigenous youth at the Don Dale Detention Centre in the NT.The $70 million inquiry uncovered evidence of torture and called for the closure of the centre which the commission found had failed to comply with basic human rights.

Mr Voller said on Friday morning he had been drinking with friends after travelling into the city to see a Fringe Festival act.

He said he caught a train home to Thornlie when the incidents occurred but wasn’t sure what time.“I don’t know, it was late,” he said, before adding that he was “drunk and being silly”.

He said he was getting off at Cannington to swap trains when “I must have said something” because “they (the guards) must have seen me and they all started coming at me.

“There was about eight of them and they got me down on the ground and they smashed my face into the ground. They were all yelling at me and stuff.

“One of them punched me in the face. They then dragged me out and threw me in the back of the transit van.”

He said he sat in the van for about an hour outside of the station.

Mr Voller said they eventually let him out and, along with five mates, he started walking towards Thornlie when a police car came along. One of the officers told the group to sit down and the officers, according to Mr Voller, then did name checks.

“They knew who I was because they said, ‘you think because you’ve been on telly you’re pretty good, but you’re just pieces of s_ _ _,’ and ‘I’d love to shoot you’.” He said after a while they let the group go.

Mr Voller said his face was still sore on Friday morning.

PTA spokesman David Hynes said Mr Voller was initially spoken to for allegedly engaging in disorderly behaviour at Cannington station.

“When the Transit officers left, it is alleged Mr Voller jumped down on to the tracks and exposed himself in front of members of the public,” he said.

“Following this, he was approached by two TOs who spoke to him for seven minutes, during which he refused to provide his details. He was arrested by two TOs.

“Mr Voller was held in the back of one of our vehicles for about 30 minutes pending the arrival of an ambulance, which was called at his request for an unrelated medical condition. He was then released from custody.”

The PTA said it would be charging Mr Voller by summons after it completed its review of all CCTV footage. Mr Voller will appear in court at a later date, where he will be entitled to defend the allegations against him.

A WA Police spokesman said the police encountered Mr Voller at 1.30am on Friday in Sevenoaks Street, Beckenham, when they responded to complaints that four men were jumping out in front of cars. They spoke to four men who were “antagonistic” towards police.

When they carried out name checks, one of the men — not Mr Voller — was arrested due to an outstanding warrant. The other three men were moved on.

When contacted about the CCTV footage of him allegedly exposing himself, Mr Voller texted: “Sorry, I have been told not to comment.”

Isaac soloman View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Isaac soloman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2018 at 7:28am
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2018 at 7:57am
Now saying he may need some mental help saying he should enter the states mental health care system...saying "you made the trauma, now you need to fix the trauma". All this was said whilst wearing his "black lives matter" T-shirt. Good stuff Dylan.

Refer ALP Election Promises
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2018 at 8:00am
Originally posted by oneonesit oneonesit wrote:

Now saying he may need some mental help saying he should enter the states mental health care system...saying "you made the trauma, now you need to fix the trauma". All this was said whilst wearing his "black lives matter" T-shirt. Good stuff Dylan.

Oh - & whilst claiming his innocence - there is CCTV of him goading police while drunk, jumping onto train tracks & exposing himself to all & sundry before then supplying false details. And he wonders why he "may" be getting targeted
Refer ALP Election Promises
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2018 at 11:02am
Just a waste of space .   He will be in and out of the system all his life, at the tax payers expense.
animals before people.
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2018 at 1:45pm
Not his fault ... blame Whitey.
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2018 at 9:16pm
LOL  Yeah, all whitey,s fault.  Mind you, he looks as white as me.  Anyway, whats colour got to do with being an a-hole ?
animals before people.
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2018 at 9:49pm
You would think that the left would learn how to pick their fights - a bad bastard is a bad bastard. Doesn't matter how many excuses you give them or how much compensation, he was never the true victim.
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2018 at 10:44pm
Originally posted by maccamax maccamax wrote:

SUB..     Don't get conned .
  For a start your mention of Nauru is absurd .     The centre in Nauru  is open and free to come & go as the detainees wish.        If Nauru is good enough for it's own residents , it is more than sufficient for refugees who have in fact found safety from wherever they supposedly fled in fear for their lives.

The Royal Commission & the alleged bad treatments of these young people in The NT appears to be a replay of more than one Royal Commissions that was held into the Schedule 5  Mental Asylums , some 60 years  ago .
    The famous "Straight Jacket "  type restraint and unsightly handling of inmates was top of the agenda , way back then .
     Remember , staff didn't have the luxury of chemical restraint and mechanical aids of today.
 That being said ,    Not a lot came out of those Royal Commissions but over time , the incorrigible inmates have been dumped into society to murder and plunder .     That continues today.
  Daniel Morcombe ,    Mrs Morse , Anita Cobby  ,Jill Meagher  and thousands of others have lost their lives over the total disregard for Public safety in allowing these Psychopaths on the Streets.
  Spare a thought for the difficulty in trying to control these gangs in detention.
  Staff , visitors and other inmates lose their lives at the hands of these very difficult people.
 This will do great damage around the World for Australia when in fact , the majority of these people will only go on to worse things .
   I may add ,       Even our emergency areas in many Hospital are now forced to employ Security  guards .      Nurses & paramedics are assaulted on a Regular basis,  some    lose their lives .
  DON"T JUMP TO CONCLUSIONS ..     Think of the welfare of your own nearest & dearest  at the hands of these totally out of control people  if they  aren't kept under control.

Voller moving closer to a murder conviction as I have predicted   numerous times ....        The Royal Commissioners and a generous Government gave him some $60000 in compensation   ...    What a laugh and a disgrace.
   He's still Holidaying at taxpayer's expense it appears ..
But we will be saved ,    The latest is the likes of voller will be set up in Community Housing ...     SHXT ,    I hope it's not next door to me.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2018 at 9:34am
Not next door to me, either Macca.   But PT might be prepared to take him under his wing and teach him a few manners  ?  Ya reckon ?LOL
animals before people.
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2018 at 10:30am
I dont want him. I am sure he is a toe-rag, but that doesn't mean the system wasn't broken in the NT.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2018 at 11:24am
Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

I dont want him. I am sure he is a toe-rag, but that doesn't mean the system wasn't broken in the NT.

No win situations when handling such people PT.      We are simply too soft on lawlessness.        > Reacting in favour of the offenders only makes the people who are capable and willing to subdue such trash ,     To withdraw.       > Go into self preservation mode and you finish up paying the bxstards compenstion & losing a loved one to their murderous ways.
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2018 at 1:32pm
You know the system is broken, when the citizens have to pay scum like him money, and then have him let loose on their streets time and time again to constantly re-offend.

More guns for police, and a mandate to use them would help.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2018 at 2:24pm
If the time ever comes where the situation arises and police shoot him, watch the blame get poured on the cops.
It wont be his fault at all.  It will be someone, else,s . 
Its always the same with these types.  Never their fault.   Too much sympathy for the crims and forget their victims.
Lets see the sob story we are going to hear get trotted out for the joker who ran over the cops at the RBT last weekend,   while playing with his phone, and who already has 4 or 5 traffic offenses ,  causing one cop to loose his foot and part of his leg.  I can hardly wait to hear what sad tale his lawyer trots out.   By the time they finish, iit will be the cop,s fault for deliberatly jumping in front of his car. 
Why decent people have to put up with these scum bags in their midst, let alone pay them money, is beyond me. 
animals before people.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2018 at 2:25pm
What would he have to do to deserve being shot on sight?
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2018 at 2:27pm
I didnt say  " shot on sight. "   
animals before people.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2018 at 2:29pm
What does he have to do to get shot by police, whether they can see him or not?
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2018 at 6:06pm
Another assault wont be far away ... that would do!Thumbs Up
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2018 at 7:03pm
   Ronald Ryan didn't re offend .     His partner in 2 murders is still re offending . ( Peter Walker )
They didn't hang him because he was so young ...

Tells a story aye.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2018 at 7:07pm
Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

What does he have to do to get shot by police, whether they can see him or not?

Give him time and he will work that one out himself without much trouble.
animals before people.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2018 at 9:49pm
   If it wasn't so serious it would be quite amusing.    How far away from reality are these educated fools , when it comes to understanding the danger to society these incorrigible vermin are.
   This type of statement makes me want to vomit :-

Dr. Hannah McGlade, a senior indigenous research fellow at Curtin University said
"It's so important we hear from Dylan and other young people about their lives and experiences that led them to crime and also what has helped them on their journey of healing," Dr McGlade said.
"They can teach us a great deal about how we can reduce to severe over-representation of Aboriginal children in care, which is a human rights crisis."
------------
SIMPLE :-   Refrain from breaking the law is the first step.
I love the line :-   Their journey to healing .... PIGS might fly too.
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2018 at 10:05pm
The issue of dealing with the problem is not with the corrective services institutions ... the problems in dealing with it are caused by the intervention of the bleeding heart victimhood institutions, such as the HRC and Anti Discrimination Board.

The cause of the original problems are clear to all but the SJWs ...

Cartoon called an &quot;attack&quot; on Indigenous Australians

What to do? ... castration come to mind ...

Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2018 at 11:12pm
... and the virtue signalling Green/ALP leftards prefer this to another "stolen generation"?Dead

Toddler hospitalised after alleged sexual assault in Tennant Creek

A two-year-old girl has been flown to hospital in Adelaide after an alleged sexual assault in the Northern Territory town of Tennant Creek.

A 24-year-old man was remanded in custody on Tuesday after being charged with sexually assaulting the child.

He is due to appear in the Alice Springs Local Court via video link from jail on April 19.

The NT Health Department says the toddler was brought to the Alice Springs Hospital on Friday for assessment, but was then flown to the Women's and Children's Hospital in Adelaide the next day.

Police did not publicly report the incident.

They said they are not looking for any more suspects in relation to the alleged assault and have given no further information.

Tennant Creek Mayor Steve Edgington slammed the crime as "abhorrent".

"The alleged sexual assault of a toddler in Tennant Creek really was the straw that broke the camel's back in [town] today," he told the ABC.

He said the incident had prompted an urgent meeting of Aboriginal leaders on Tuesday to try and work through a number of issues plaguing the town.

"The Aboriginal elders have banded together, they want to find solutions to preventing this from ever happening again," Mr Edgington said.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-02-20/two-year-old-hospitalised-after-sexual-assault-in-tennant-creek/9465402

maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2018 at 11:49pm
Alcohol/Drug Free Zones are a must in many areas.

Start With ALL Community Housing Complex's.        Social Security recipients.
ONE strike & your out.
Something has to be done.                                                                                                                              
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2018 at 9:38am
One offence of any sexual kind, proven without doubt, and castration is my choice of punishment.
Any pedo doing time should be castrated before release.   Any bloke sexually assaulting another person, castration is the punishment.
Dont care if they are white, black, or brindle.   Thats the only way to stop them in their tracks.
animals before people.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2018 at 10:17am
AA we have fallen down bad from the good old days .

I remember the "honey pot" lady in the 1950's who lured the men back to her unit , using crumpet as bait.
On arrival her 2 male friends used to assault and rob them.
Until one day a victim died.
The 3 offenders were hung at Pentridge Gaol.
The Vic Premier wouldn't budge despite Public protests ,   Sir henry Bolte.   NONE of those 3, offended again.
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2018 at 1:39pm
Unfortunately, whilst the Irish/English/European/Indigenous inner city, left wing activist "First" people fight for their right to be divisive racists, they continue to ignore the facts that surround their history, heredity and nature (even if it is such a minor part of them you would think they were closer related to Donald Trump). Some of the earliest documented observations of Aboriginals in this country describe accounts of abuse against women and children as being common place. There was plenty of anthropological evidence supporting this too ... it is very hard to find any accounts of this post about 1960's when the plight of Aboriginals at the hands of white men became a common call to arms amongst the growing band of SJW's in this country, to the point that much of their history has basically been rewritten. They ignore the fact that much of the violence was part of their culture ... you don't change millions of years of instinct in a few generations.   
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2018 at 1:43pm
Thank goodness white Christian folks dont do that sh*t Thumbs Up
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1516171819 20>