Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Pakistan Star

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 8>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2017 at 6:53pm
And to further add to the incredible farce, am almost reliably informed the late LR80 had his house on the favourite.  

ps can't really decide on a Cry  or a Clap to end the above offering.  Confused
Lexawin View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lexawin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2017 at 7:18pm
Originally posted by Flamethrower Flamethrower wrote:

Chad Schofield's reaction as he keeps looking over his shoulder thinking WTF ! The good old Pakistan Star has a mind of his own and clearly didn't want to be there today. Have they heard of spelling horses or are they all money hungry asian grubs?

Callan Murray is a douche by celebrating with the flailing of his left arm (with the whip). I'm looking forward to seeing whether the stewards throw the book at him for that. All it takes is an eye to another horse or jock and then you've got a massive problem.
Sounds like someones having their period... ShockedWink
Magnolian Khan View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magnolian Khan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2017 at 7:18pm
Money hungry Asian grubs?

Not a nice thing to say at all
Sneck View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sneck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2017 at 7:25pm
Originally posted by Second Chance Second Chance wrote:

And to further add to the incredible farce, am almost reliably informed the late LR80 had his house on the favourite.  

ps can't really decide on a Cry  or a Clap to end the above offering.  Confused
You're a grub.
SkyDancer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkyDancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2017 at 7:27pm
Originally posted by Lexawin Lexawin wrote:

Chad Schofield's reaction as he keeps looking over his shoulder thinking WTF ! The good old Pakistan Star has a mind of his own and clearly didn't want to be there today. Have they heard of spelling horses or are they all money hungry asian grubs?

Callan Murray is a douche by celebrating with the flailing of his left arm (with the whip). I'm looking forward to seeing whether the stewards throw the book at him for that. All it takes is an eye to another horse or jock and then you've got a massive problem.

Casual racism is not acceptable. I am of the belief that this is a reincarnation
Sneck View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sneck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2017 at 7:30pm
Originally posted by SkyDancer SkyDancer wrote:

Casual racism is not acceptable. I am of the belief that this is a reincarnation
Tell me about bear bile... Ouch
JudgeHolden View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JudgeHolden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2017 at 7:42pm
Originally posted by SkyDancer SkyDancer wrote:

Westerners aren't money hungry. This is a scientifically proven fact....

I think you need to substitute the word "casual" for "moronic".
JoanFerguson View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoanFerguson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2017 at 9:40pm
Without Asians we wouldn't be here. This country would be up Sh!t creek without a paddle (even worse than what we already are)
subastral View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote subastral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2017 at 9:51pm
Said in a different way, Flamethrower kind of had a point. Why was he still racing and not spelling? Been up the entire season. 
I dont blame the horse for saying stuff you all today.
mc41 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mc41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2017 at 9:51pm

Pathetic comment re- asians shameful
Sneck View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sneck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2017 at 9:58pm
The virtue signalling is a joke.

I've seen plenty of you on here be very critical of racing in Asia and their treatment of horses.

I don't want to throw anybody under the bus but there's been alot comments made more tactfully but with similar implications. 
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2017 at 10:19pm
Please refrain from further racist remarks Unhappy
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JudgeHolden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2017 at 10:20pm
Originally posted by Sneck Sneck wrote:

I've seen plenty of you on here be very critical of racing in Asia and their treatment of horses.

I don't want to throw anybody under the bus but there's been alot comments made more tactfully but with similar implications. 

You mean like the 30,000 odd horses that are bred in this country every year to be flogged around racetracks are wagering tools. The ones who are good enough that is. Probably don't want to know what happens to the rest of them. But the Asians...
Sneck View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Sneck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2017 at 10:32pm
Originally posted by JudgeHolden JudgeHolden wrote:

You mean like the 30,000 odd horses that are bred in this country every year to be flogged around racetracks are wagering tools. The ones who are good enough that is. Probably don't want to know what happens to the rest of them. But the Asians...
I love Hong Kong racing.

However, you should go around the traps and ask for advice/opinions about taking a horse to Singapore and see what the response is. In fact, I'm quite sure you already know what it will be.
Flamethrower View Drop Down
Yearling
Yearling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flamethrower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2017 at 10:32pm
I didn't mean for that comment to come off the way it did. My point was simply to express the fact that the asian folk seem to flog their horses to death over there. How many times do you go to the well with Pakistan Star? The horse has endured a VERY LONG preparation, threw the toys out of the pram, clearly has had enough and wants a spell. Is that too difficult for owners to understand?
Flamethrower View Drop Down
Yearling
Yearling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flamethrower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2017 at 10:35pm
And I didn't have a cent on the race BTW. The abuse Joao copped from the asians in the parade ring post-race was disgusting.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JudgeHolden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2017 at 10:39pm

I love Hong Kong racing.

However, you should go around the traps and ask for advice/opinions about taking a horse to Singapore and see what the response is. In fact, I'm quite sure you already know what it will be.

Anyone who has payed any attention to thoroughbred, harness or particularly greyhound racing in this country will realise the scant regard SOME in theses industries have for animal welfare. Your attempts to put a racial angle on this are quite frankly laughable.
Sneck View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sneck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2017 at 10:43pm

I love Hong Kong racing.

Anyone who has payed any attention to thoroughbred, harness or particularly greyhound racing in this country will realise the scant regard SOME in theses industries have for animal welfare. Your attempts to put a racial angle on this are quite frankly laughable.
I'm not putting a racial angle on this, I'm pointing out hypocrisy.

You however, are being deliberately obtuse.
Brudder_A View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brudder_A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2017 at 10:43pm

And I didn't have a cent on the race BTW. The abuse Joao copped from the asians in the parade ring post-race was disgusting.

I think for the 1/5on favourite to perform like that he's lucky he got the saddling ring in one piece....

Poor punters who didn't get a fair run @ $1.20...

And it was funny watching the punters in the TAB by Queen Victoria Market during and after the race!

Thanks4Coming!
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JudgeHolden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2017 at 10:45pm

I love Hong Kong racing.

'Course you're not, sweetheart.
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2017 at 10:48pm
I'd rather be a horse in Australia not up to standard than a horse ( or any animal ) not up to standard in almost any Asian country.

reductio ad absurdum
Sneck View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sneck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2017 at 10:50pm

I love Hong Kong racing.

Be carefully up their on your high horse, chief.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JudgeHolden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2017 at 10:52pm

I love Hong Kong racing.

Be carefully up their on your high horse, chief.

Dont worry...no Asians around...think I'm safe.
subastral View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote subastral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2017 at 11:51pm
Originally posted by Brudder_A Brudder_A wrote:

I think for the 1/5on favourite to perform like that he's lucky he got the saddling ring in one piece....

Poor punters who didn't get a fair run @ $1.20...

And it was funny watching the punters in the TAB by Queen Victoria Market during and after the race!

Thanks4Coming!

Yes, because it was all Joao's fault....he should be strong enough to force a 500kg beast to run.....Confused
RED HUNTER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RED HUNTER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2017 at 11:55am
Perhaps those that have theories may think one possibility was

overdone and went to sleep

haven't seen race,who knows what the start tells....just a wild comment
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2017 at 12:15pm
Who backs horses who drop out to last @ $1.20?LOL
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2017 at 1:20pm

Lordy View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lordy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2017 at 1:45pm
That head on footage is amazing.  Don't think I've seen a horse do that before.  Seen plenty that refuse to go to the barrier, refuse to load or simply stay in the stalls when they open.  Can't recall seeing a horse start the race then decide to stop after 100m.
Sneck View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sneck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2017 at 2:15pm
Pakistan Star is the horse that surprises me least about doing this in all of Hong Kong, he's always had trouble getting out of the barriers.
marscay View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marscay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2017 at 2:27pm
Definitely smarter than your average bear.

Saw a photo where he had the wild eye, someone/thing has put him into a state.

As far as someone earlier being racist....afaik in this country we don't have annual dog smorgasbords.

I'll leave it at that.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 8>