Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Pakistan Star

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 8>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Delta Deel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2017 at 6:08pm
I think Werther will settle in the 1st 3.
https://group1selections.wordpress.com/
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2017 at 6:11pm
Originally posted by Delta Deel Delta Deel wrote:

I think Werther will settle in the 1st 3.

I think he will as well.

But will he be able to sprint when the speed goes on ?

At what point will the speed go on ?

Will somebody tempt fate and take off early, attempting to steal the race ?

It really is an intriguing race.

reductio ad absurdum
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2017 at 9:02pm
think I read the race right but still got the result wrong LOL
reductio ad absurdum
AdaHunta View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote AdaHunta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2017 at 9:11pm
Originally posted by djebel djebel wrote:

Unless Bowman puts some tempo into the race himself I do not see Werther being suited.

This race looks to me to be a sit and sprint affair. Whilst Pakistan Star will be out the back off the pace he is easily the fastest horse in the race and will not be disadvantaged by a slow tempo.

Werther has been good to me, But I do not see today being suitable.

You were pretty much on the money they crawled early ...... just needed an extra 20m and Pakistan Star gets the chocolates !!! 
marscay View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marscay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2017 at 9:15pm
He couldn't go with them when the jap horse took off and pit some tempo on, looked to get a couple of lengths further back.

He ran well though and no doubt surprised a few who thought he wasn't upto it.
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2017 at 9:20pm
The QE II was a severely over-hyped race with just three genuine Gp 1 contestants at best.
Delta Deel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Delta Deel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2017 at 9:34pm
I would say 1st 3 would be competitive in most 2000m races in the world.

Winner had an extremely high previous peak performance when beating superstar stallion Maurice. He ran well below that but was still good enough thanks to a brilliant ride from Joao
marscay View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marscay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2017 at 10:27pm
The USA had been finishing on Hartnell's coat tails his last 2 runs in Oz and was belted.

I'd say Delta is spot on here, anything beating Maurice is quality.
Red Rancher View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Rancher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2017 at 11:20pm
The USA led and hanged on well which is against his usual pattern.

He is clearly out of form and to run so close (4-5 lenghts) means I cant rate the winners. The USA would be no sure thing at the moment to win a midweek on present form.
jacko1 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacko1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2017 at 11:27pm
Hong Kong form is overrated imo. There's been a number of handy aussie horses go there and do much better than expected in their big races.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Delta Deel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2017 at 11:32pm
Maurice form is not overated though. Right up there with Winx that horse.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Rancher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2017 at 11:39pm
Werther was no superstar here nor was Eagle Way. What would Winx done to have them?
Speediskey View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speediskey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2017 at 11:46pm
Originally posted by marscay marscay wrote:

The USA had been finishing on Hartnell's coat tails his last 2 runs in Oz and was belted.

Got belted?

He finished 3.5 lengths from the winner.

Yeah he lost but if thats a belting what has Winx been doing to everyone?
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Delta Deel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2017 at 11:52pm
Originally posted by Red Rancher Red Rancher wrote:

Werther was no superstar here nor was Eagle Way. What would Winx done to have them?

She would have won by about 2-3L on my estimates. Remembering whilst competitive a horse like Neorealism is a 2nd stringer in Japan. He has that one win over Maurice but it is a huge outlier in his form. Whilst these horses might be within 3-4L of the better horses world wide I doubt they would be winning a big major.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Rancher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2017 at 12:00am
You are delusional not to rate Winx as one of our best middle distance horses in the last 40 years. Having the track record and biggest winning margin in the CP in consecutive years means nothing to you? Cant rate anything you say based on such poor judgement. 

How many good Aus horses have you seen in your lifetime. They are very few and far between. 
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Delta Deel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2017 at 12:09am

You are delusional not to rate Winx as one of our best middle distance horses in the last 40 years. Having the track record and biggest winning margin in the CP in consecutive years means nothing to you? Cant rate anything you say based on such poor judgement. 

How many good Aus horses have you seen in your lifetime. They are very few and far between. 

I do rate Winx as one of best horses in Australia at least since 1990, before that I have no experience nor little vision to go off to make a call.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Rancher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2017 at 12:15am
So where do you rate Werther on that list based on yesterday's effort? Personally he's not in my top 1000.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Delta Deel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2017 at 12:23am

So where do you rate Werther on that list based on yesterday's effort? Personally he's not in my top 1000.

I had him 1L better than Hartnell's Autumn form going into yesterday. I had Neorealism 3L better than Hartnell's Autumn form going into the race. I have Neorealism about 4-5L off the best of the Japanese horses (Santono Diamond, Kitasan Black, A Shin Hikari).
marscay View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marscay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2017 at 5:07am
Originally posted by Speediskey Speediskey wrote:

Originally posted by marscay marscay wrote:

Got belted?

He finished 3.5 lengths from the winner.

Yeah he lost but if thats a belting what has Winx been doing to everyone?

It's called a slaughter when she runs.

He was 5th of only 8 runners and favoured by the tempo for the most part.
marscay View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marscay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2017 at 5:13am

The USA led and hanged on well which is against his usual pattern.

He is clearly out of form and to run so close (4-5 lenghts) means I cant rate the winners. The USA would be no sure thing at the moment to win a midweek on present form.

I would put his past 3 runs at about his level...always been a G1 pretender consistently a couple of lengths or more off them.

I'll take your bets if you think he wouldn't win a midweeker though that's pcp talk mate.
subastral View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote subastral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2017 at 9:05am
Slow pace of race definitely suited Pakistan Star more than Werther. Bowman simply had to go earlier than Moreira did. Was an average ride and an average weekend for Hughie.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Delta Deel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2017 at 9:29am
Originally posted by subastral subastral wrote:

Slow pace of race definitely suited Pakistan Star more than Werther. Bowman simply had to go earlier than Moreira did. Was an average ride and an average weekend for Hughie.

Agree with this, Hughie has had a very rough week in the saddle by any hoops standards let alone a rider of his standards.
horseshoe View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horseshoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2017 at 7:37pm
Sunday At Sha-Tin-G3- The Premier Plate only 6 Horses

Pakistan Star
Horse Of Fortune
Romantic Touch
Harbour Master
Eastern Express
Anticipation
Those who know don't tell, Those who tell don't know
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2017 at 6:20pm
Starts 5's on and refuses to race let alone chase!

Hope someone has the video.
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2017 at 6:21pm
He quickly drops out of any videos LOL
reductio ad absurdum
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2017 at 6:22pm
reductio ad absurdum
Sir Gov View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sir Gov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2017 at 6:29pm
Must have cut his nails too short #BadPedicure
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2017 at 6:29pm
Wow, the Patrol Film shows it in graphic detail.
Flamethrower View Drop Down
Yearling
Yearling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flamethrower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2017 at 6:36pm
Chad Schofield's reaction as he keeps looking over his shoulder thinking WTF ! The good old Pakistan Star has a mind of his own and clearly didn't want to be there today. Have they heard of spelling horses or are they all money hungry asian grubs?

Callan Murray is a douche by celebrating with the flailing of his left arm (with the whip). I'm looking forward to seeing whether the stewards throw the book at him for that. All it takes is an eye to another horse or jock and then you've got a massive problem.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2017 at 6:43pm
Not to mention Douglas Whyte using the whip extravagantly on the runner-up before richocheting it over the inside fence with 150m to go.

All things considered a total shambles.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 8>