Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Tom Melbourne

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 8>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2017 at 7:39pm
What a strange comment Mowie.The horse was primed by the trainer and a tragedy beaten.

3blindmice View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2017 at 8:02pm
You missed the late riding change SC. Shinn off, Waller on.
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2017 at 8:05pm
Fav Kensington Palace was equally tragic in the same race Big smile
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
Shrunk in the Wash View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2017 at 8:21pm
Originally posted by mowie mowie wrote:

Originally posted by 3blindmice 3blindmice wrote:

Yes, bolts in with any better trainer

r

One of those instances you'd love to know what the new trainer has done differently to the previous
AdaHunta View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AdaHunta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2017 at 1:35am
The fence was a Death Sentence for most of the day 

I feel for anyone who backed him 

Agreee with Sunline he should of won by 3 at least 
Aurelius View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aurelius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2017 at 2:15am
Just Loses.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2017 at 11:54am
Absolutely no fault of the horse (or the trainer - post of the year that one LOL) yesterday Aurelius.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2017 at 12:15pm
Race 7 – CANTERBURY HURLSTONE PARK RSL CLUB SPRING PREVIEW (1400m)

Place

Horse

Jockey

Comment

1st

KINGSGUARD (NZ)

Jay Ford

That was a good win. Probably expected to be a little closer in the run but they went a good gallop early. He relaxed nice and had a lovely run from a soft barrier. He was very game, he had to take a narrow split into the straight. He has had a good campaign, obviously the other day was a bit of a blemish but he's bounced back today with a good solid performance.

2nd

TOM MELBOURNE (IRE)

Blake Shinn

Not much to say.

3rd

ETYMOLOGY

Corey Brown

He ran great for a horse of his style over seven furlongs. He's in for a big prep.

4th

WASHINGTON HEIGHTS

Tim Clark

Should have walked in.

5th

SARRASIN (GB)

Tommy Berry

Very nice horse. Settled back, hit the line well until the furlong and then ran out of gas but has a bright future.

6th

THAT'S A GOOD IDEA

Tye Angland

He was a bit keen through the middle stages but I thought he ran well.

7th

O'REILLY'S REVENGE (NZ)

Rachael Murray

Really good run first-up. Probably just felt the track a little bit.

8th

LUNAR RISE

Rachel King (a1.5)

Went super just up to a mile next start he'll go really good.

9th

OXFORD POET

Andrew Adkins (a1.5)

Too hard a track. Disappointing.

10th

DEE I CEE (NZ)

Adam Hyeronimus

Very soft today. He'll be ok up in trip.

Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2017 at 12:40pm
Two certainties beaten in the one race.LOL
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2017 at 3:53pm
reductio ad absurdum
Sir Gov View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sir Gov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2017 at 4:07pm
meow
Sunline View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2017 at 4:08pm
Not a fan of winning. Gets one more chance in the Epsom - will be better at a mile at Randwick - but he has worn everyone out by now.
Sunline...simply supreme
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2017 at 4:12pm
Never understood this horse.
Looks like a beast, but runs like a fairy
VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2017 at 6:25pm
I am serious here, do not jump off before the Epsom, do what Sunline said give him one more chance in a strong run Randwick Mile with not as much weight.

I know it is hard but butter up just one more time! It is easy for me to say because I have never backed him, but if you do not back him to win the Epsom at least back him to place!

And no, I do not work for a bookmaker or corporate!!!!! 
Remember, it might take intelligence to be smart , but it takes experience to be wise
Sunline View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2017 at 6:48pm
I'm already on so no chance of me changing my mind. I've had more on Egg Tart and Happy Clapper in singles and doubles though. But I do say it's his last chance.
Sunline...simply supreme
mowie View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mowie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2017 at 1:01am
give him to the freeman yard would be 3 from 3 this prep  wasted in the waller yard.
chris Armstrong waller, *drugs are bad mkay
Breeding Above All View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Breeding Above All Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2017 at 4:34pm
On my never again list.. always unders and is a non winner
Lord Hybrow View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lord Hybrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2017 at 9:32pm
Well another great run by Tom today.....but another runners up cheque.

Wonder where he goes next?

Does he stay in Sydney for the 2000m Craven Plate? Rich race and not sure the competition will be all that great.

Or head to Melb for something like the 2000m Coongy Hcp?
Magnolian Khan View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magnolian Khan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2017 at 10:30pm
Caulfield Stakes 2000m Group 1 might be an option
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2017 at 10:54pm
Pretty sure Chris Waller is going to keep him to a mile and I agree with him. He has gone an absolute bomb with Waller.

I reckon the Toorak will be next on the agenda or a freshen up and aimed the mile handicap at the Cup Carnival.

Waller has clearly decided he is too free going to send out beyond a mile.

reductio ad absurdum
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2017 at 11:34am
Apologies to GBoss for my comment elsewhere about a Boss special in the Epsom. Watching the replay he was held up by Snitzon rounding the turn then copped a check in the straight when he took him wider looking for a run. Without both of those gets very close.
VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2017 at 11:51am
I hope those who have backed him backed him for the place again yesterday.

He paid $2.20 for the place and the winner paid $2.4 for the win, so there was good value there.

If he is a miler, then I could see him being freshened and aiming at the Cantala and then even onto Perth for the group 1 double.
Remember, it might take intelligence to be smart , but it takes experience to be wise
Nick View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2017 at 12:50pm
This horse loves running second!
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2017 at 2:50pm
Certainty beaten first up - pilot error. Had a tough run 3 wide when Happy Clapper beat him next time and possibly missed another win yesterday through bad luck. Reverse the runs in both HC races and he wins at least one of them. In between (3rd consecutive run at 1400m) he gave his stablemate 4kgs and went down a shirt head. Horse is going VERY well, just needs better steering and luck.
Speediskey View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speediskey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2017 at 7:53pm
Well I mean last start he got 5kgs off Hally Clapper as well, only thing that let him get that close.
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2017 at 8:14pm
He does appear to have dagged it at the finish on more than one occasion, even if he didn't on Saturday.

That aside, here's my spin on him which goes back to his win 18 months ago in the 2000m Albury Cup where he led by up to 10 lengths before trying to run over the rail but still won by 3.

Hasn't been asked to lead since then from memory, so why not try doing so again to avoid what sometimes appears to be a disinclination to totally compete with horses around him?

Over to others with possibly more cred than me.  Smile

Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2017 at 8:59pm
I’d like to see him let rip over 2000m , especially if the field lacks pace.
Having someone like McEvoy on him would also suit
Sunline View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2017 at 9:37pm
Originally posted by Second Chance Second Chance wrote:

He does appear to have dagged it at the finish on more than one occasion, even if he didn't on Saturday.

That aside, here's my spin on him which goes back to his win 18 months ago in the 2000m Albury Cup where he led by up to 10 lengths before trying to run over the rail but still won by 3.

Hasn't been asked to lead since then from memory, so why not try doing so again to avoid what sometimes appears to be a disinclination to totally compete with horses around him?

Over to others with possibly more cred than me.  Smile

Led at 5 of his next 7 starts after Albury - in the other 2 he settled 2nd. Ran a great race to finish 2nd to Oceanographer in the Lexus after leading.

I can't knock Waller for settling with cover on the horse. Although he was settling off the speed in the prep prior when still with Freedman and looked to be finished horse. But Waller has got him back and competitive.

Must admit I had a hunch they'd go forward with him in the Epsom given it was Grand Final Day and he had drawn poorly. If I owned him I'd be keeping that option open as I don't think he wants to run past a leader at the moment.

Irrespective, he's a very good horse.
Sunline...simply supreme
todddragon View Drop Down
Foal
Foal

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote todddragon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2017 at 10:58pm
Originally posted by 3blindmice 3blindmice wrote:

<span style="font-weight: bold; font-family: " Sans", sans-serif; font-size: 14px;">Race 7 – CANTERBURY HURLSTONE PARK RSL CLUB SPRING PREVIEW (1400m)</span><table border="1" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" width="630" style="border-collapse: collapse; font-size: 11px; line-height: 15px; border-color: rgb204, 204, 204; color: rgb0, 0, 0; font-family: " Sans", sans-serif;"><t><tr><td width="48" valign="top" style="padding: 5px 7px;"><p style="margin: 0px !imant;"><span style="font-weight: bold;">Place</span>

</td><td width="174" valign="top" style="padding: 5px 7px;"><p style="margin: 0px !imant;"><span style="font-weight: bold;">Horse</span>

</td><td width="140" valign="top" style="padding: 5px 7px;"><p style="margin: 0px !imant;"><span style="font-weight: bold;">Jockey</span>

</td><td width="267" valign="top" style="padding: 5px 7px;"><p style="margin: 0px !imant;"><span style="font-weight: bold;">Comment</span>

</td></tr><tr><td width="48" valign="top" style="padding: 5px 7px;"><p style="margin: 0px !imant;"><span lang="EN-US">1st</span>

</td><td width="174" style="padding: 5px 7px;"><p style="margin: 0px !imant;">KINGSGUARD (NZ)

</td><td width="140" style="padding: 5px 7px;"><p style="margin: 0px !imant;">Jay Ford

</td><td width="267" style="padding: 5px 7px;"><p style="margin: 0px !imant;">That was a good win. Probably expected to be a little closer in the run but they went a good gallop early. He relaxed nice and had a lovely run from a soft barrier. He was very game, he had to take a narrow split into the straight. He has had a good campaign, obviously the other day was a bit of a blemish but he's bounced back today with a good solid performance.

</td></tr><tr><td width="48" valign="top" style="padding: 5px 7px;"><p style="margin: 0px !imant;"><span lang="EN-US">2nd</span>

</td><td width="174" style="padding: 5px 7px;"><p style="margin: 0px !imant;">TOM MELBOURNE (IRE)

</td><td width="140" style="padding: 5px 7px;"><p style="margin: 0px !imant;">Blake Shinn

</td><td width="267" style="padding: 5px 7px;"><p style="margin: 0px !imant;">Not much to say.

</td></tr><tr><td width="48" valign="top" style="padding: 5px 7px;"><p style="margin: 0px !imant;"><span lang="EN-US">3rd</span>

</td><td width="174" style="padding: 5px 7px;"><p style="margin: 0px !imant;">ETYMOLOGY

</td><td width="140" style="padding: 5px 7px;"><p style="margin: 0px !imant;">Corey Brown

</td><td width="267" style="padding: 5px 7px;"><p style="margin: 0px !imant;">He ran great for a horse of his style over seven furlongs. He's in for a big prep.

</td></tr><tr><td width="48" valign="top" style="padding: 5px 7px;"><p style="margin: 0px !imant;"><span lang="EN-US">4th</span>

</td><td width="174" style="padding: 5px 7px;"><p style="margin: 0px !imant;">WASHINGTON HEIGHTS

</td><td width="140" style="padding: 5px 7px;"><p style="margin: 0px !imant;">Tim Clark

</td><td width="267" style="padding: 5px 7px;"><p style="margin: 0px !imant;">Should have walked in.

</td></tr><tr><td width="48" valign="top" style="padding: 5px 7px;"><p style="margin: 0px !imant;"><span lang="EN-US">5th</span>

</td><td width="174" style="padding: 5px 7px;"><p style="margin: 0px !imant;">SARRASIN (GB)

</td><td width="140" style="padding: 5px 7px;"><p style="margin: 0px !imant;">Tommy Berry

</td><td width="267" style="padding: 5px 7px;"><p style="margin: 0px !imant;">Very nice horse. Settled back, hit the line well until the furlong and then ran out of gas but has a bright future.

</td></tr><tr><td width="48" valign="top" style="padding: 5px 7px;"><p style="margin: 0px !imant;"><span lang="EN-US">6th</span>

</td><td width="174" style="padding: 5px 7px;"><p style="margin: 0px !imant;">THAT'S A GOOD IDEA

</td><td width="140" style="padding: 5px 7px;"><p style="margin: 0px !imant;">Tye Angland

</td><td width="267" style="padding: 5px 7px;"><p style="margin: 0px !imant;">He was a bit keen through the middle stages but I thought he ran well.

</td></tr><tr><td width="48" valign="top" style="padding: 5px 7px;"><p style="margin: 0px !imant;"><span lang="EN-US">7th</span>

</td><td width="174" style="padding: 5px 7px;"><p style="margin: 0px !imant;">O'REILLY'S REVENGE (NZ)

</td><td width="140" style="padding: 5px 7px;"><p style="margin: 0px !imant;">Rachael Murray

</td><td width="267" style="padding: 5px 7px;"><p style="margin: 0px !imant;">Really good run first-up. Probably just felt the track a little bit.

</td></tr><tr><td width="48" valign="top" style="padding: 5px 7px;"><p style="margin: 0px !imant;"><span lang="EN-US">8th</span>

</td><td width="174" style="padding: 5px 7px;"><p style="margin: 0px !imant;">LUNAR RISE

</td><td width="140" style="padding: 5px 7px;"><p style="margin: 0px !imant;">Rachel King (a1.5)

</td><td width="267" style="padding: 5px 7px;"><p style="margin: 0px !imant;">Went super just up to a mile next start he'll go really good.

</td></tr><tr><td width="48" valign="top" style="padding: 5px 7px;"><p style="margin: 0px !imant;"><span lang="EN-US">9th</span>

</td><td width="174" style="padding: 5px 7px;"><p style="margin: 0px !imant;">OXFORD POET

</td><td width="140" style="padding: 5px 7px;"><p style="margin: 0px !imant;">Andrew Adkins (a1.5)

</td><td width="267" style="padding: 5px 7px;"><p style="margin: 0px !imant;">Too hard a track. Disappointing.

</td></tr><tr><td width="48" valign="top" style="padding: 5px 7px;"><p style="margin: 0px !imant;"><span lang="EN-US">10th</span>

</td><td width="174" style="padding: 5px 7px;"><p style="margin: 0px !imant;">DEE I CEE (NZ)

</td><td width="140" style="padding: 5px 7px;"><p style="margin: 0px !imant;">Adam Hyeronimus

</td><td width="267" style="padding: 5px 7px;"><p style="margin: 0px !imant;">Very soft today. He'll be ok up in trip.

</td></tr></t></table>

I'm in shock. Fraud rode a metro winner recently?
Strike me pink...
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2017 at 4:29pm
Coming to Melbourne for the Toorak
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 8>