Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Cardinal Pell

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4142434445 119>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hatch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2019 at 7:41pm
Good one Stayer.
Red Hare View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Hare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2019 at 7:48pm
Is anyone buying Richter’s excuse for jumping ship?
ExceedAndExcel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2019 at 7:51pm
Originally posted by Red Hare Red Hare wrote:

Common practice to let someone else do the appeal I would have thought. And you would not expect anything other than the spiel he came out with. He is hardly going to say he thinks he did it.
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2019 at 7:52pm
Originally posted by hatch hatch wrote:

Jesus Christ was crucified unjustly , are we seeing the same thing with Pell ,I believe so. More of us should condemn it .

So do you think he will "rise again" ... the 2004 Bulldogs did!Wink
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
Redemption View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Redemption Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2019 at 7:56pm
One of the strangest things Ive heard Pell say, was on the ABC's, Qanda show, "The Bible is a fantasy, a fictional book, to describe the Lords way".

Huh?
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2019 at 8:00pm
Of course, it is ... ever seen an actual "miracle"? ... all scriptures and holy writings from every religion are the same ... except for Scientology.
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2019 at 8:17pm
I think Pell will be acquitted on appeal. Not to say I don't strongly believe he is guilty of multiple abominations but the evidence in this case, limited as my knowledge is, seems to be very weak

As for people like Hatch , he is beyond hope. Trouble with the Catholic Church is they worship their priests as demi gods, believe they can do no wrong and get very defensive when they are accused. The totally brainwashed fools are enablers, responsible for much of the abuse that goes on, refusing to believe what is in front of them and attacking those who dare expose the monsters. Many parents even scold their children for telling them such "lies ", sick people  Unhappy
JudgeHolden View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JudgeHolden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2019 at 8:50pm

So according to Richter Pell was obviously innocent and wrongly convicted. Doesn’t say much for the job he did for his client.
Red Hare View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Hare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2019 at 9:06pm
That’s what I’m getting at... I thought he was tanking after the “vanilla” comment. Might not be far from the mark.
Paul Hogan View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Paul Hogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2019 at 9:21pm

Good one Stayer.

Ok Hatch let's play it your way for one second.

Let's say he is innocent of direct sexual abuse.

There is a raft of evidence that, can not, be disputed by anyone of sound mind.
It has been proven he enabled, turned a blind eye and covered up many pedophilia cases in the past by moving the likes of Chaplain Ridesdale and other members of the cloth.

For you to blindly come to his support aware of the above makes you a deviate who should not be trusted around Children either.
hatch View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hatch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2019 at 9:37pm
I am not saying any of you are fools in what you are thinking , just that you are very wrong. Paul Hogan ,if you lived in the same house as a pedophilia ,   would you know what he is up to.   Ha,ha it would be the last thing on my mind to be a pedophilia.   .But call me a sinner, yes i am.
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2019 at 10:50pm
LOL.  When I was a kid I was besties with the cafflic kids.    The parish priest was a raging ranga.   Every good cafflick family in the parish had at least 8 kids, and some more.  And every good cafflick family had a red head kid among the other darkies, blondes,  no matter what the rest of the kids looked like, there was a ranga among them .  He sure stamped his stock.LOL
animals before people.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul Hogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2019 at 6:29am

I am not saying any of you are fools in what you are thinking , just that you are very wrong. Paul Hogan ,if you lived in the same house as a pedophilia ,   would you know what he is up to.   Ha,ha it would be the last thing on my mind to be a pedophilia.   .But call me a sinner, yes i am.

Ha ha ha......

The games up !
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2019 at 7:51am
Originally posted by Redemption Redemption wrote:

One of the strangest things Ive heard Pell say, was on the ABC's, Qanda show, "The Bible is a fantasy, a fictional book, to describe the Lords way".

Huh?

Most of what you write here is a fantasy, including, I suspect that quote.Wink
An honest politician is one who when he is bought will stay bought.

Simon Cameron

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2019 at 7:57am
Originally posted by Tlazolteotl Tlazolteotl wrote:

Originally posted by Redemption Redemption wrote:

Huh?

Most of what you write here is a fantasy, including, I suspect that quote.Wink

Not quite the exact quote but certainly the same gist:

https://www.google.com.au/url?sa=i&source=web&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwiAoImm8evgAhWUknAKHfDkAf4QzPwBegQIARAC&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.theaustralian.com.au%2Fnews%2Fnation%2Fadam-and-eve-thats-just-mythology-says-pell%2Fnews-story%2Fd32805fb96ea5f191c863b1b71c599e6&psig=AOvVaw1Lv5eNmZszGxyn6cU3CeJU&ust=1551905676972262
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2019 at 7:58am
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2019 at 8:03am
Adam and Eve a sophisticated myth is along way from the Bible is a fantasy.
An honest politician is one who when he is bought will stay bought.

Simon Cameron

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2019 at 8:18am
Originally posted by Tlazolteotl Tlazolteotl wrote:

Adam and Eve a sophisticated myth is along way from the Bible is a fantasy.

The gist of it is the same. A made up story for religious purposes.
Red Hare View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Hare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2019 at 9:03am
All of those doctrines were written by politicians.
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2019 at 6:41pm
Originally posted by Whale Whale wrote:

I think Pell will be acquitted on appeal. Not to say I don't strongly believe he is guilty of multiple abominations but the evidence in this case, limited as my knowledge is, seems to be very weak

As for people like Hatch , he is beyond hope. Trouble with the Catholic Church is they worship their priests as demi gods, believe they can do no wrong and get very defensive when they are accused. The totally brainwashed fools are enablers, responsible for much of the abuse that goes on, refusing to believe what is in front of them and attacking those who dare expose the monsters. Many parents even scold their children for telling them such "lies ", sick people  Unhappy

Once again, great minds think alike Whale Thumbs Up - you'll be starting to worry!LOL
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2019 at 6:44pm
Originally posted by acacia alba acacia alba wrote:

LOL.  When I was a kid I was besties with the cafflic kids.    The parish priest was a raging ranga.   Every good cafflick family in the parish had at least 8 kids, and some more.  And every good cafflick family had a red head kid among the other darkies, blondes,  no matter what the rest of the kids looked like, there was a ranga among them .  He sure stamped his stock.LOL
LOL

Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2019 at 6:48pm
Originally posted by JudgeHolden JudgeHolden wrote:

So according to Richter Pell was obviously innocent and wrongly convicted. Doesn’t say much for the job he did for his client.

Maybe the verdict was preordained ... and the miracle is yet to come!

He has hardly "jumped ship" ... someone else will run the appeal, standard practice.
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2019 at 8:36pm
Originally posted by Dr E Dr E wrote:

Originally posted by acacia alba acacia alba wrote:

LOL

Dare I say this was very close to your stamping ground, Doc Big smile
animals before people.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul Hogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2019 at 9:38pm
Originally posted by Whale Whale wrote:

Took the words out of my mouth.

My knowledge of the case is not comprehensive either.

From what I have read a high court would dismiss the evidence as purely circumstantial at best.
Maybe the boys were in the room they state they were in drinking the alter wine, maybe Pell walked in.

Maybe is not good enough and nor should it be.
Robert Richter would of blown a brain cell because a guilty verdict would be against all he had been taught as a lawyer, the decision belies common sense, unless it was witnessed.

I believe he did it, Richter believes he did it (of course he says the opposite publicly) however he knows it cannot be proven therefore should not be upheld.

hatch View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hatch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2019 at 9:21am
It is amazing really that with the evidence given at the hearing ,that the jury and judge and so many others of you agree Pell is guilty ,common sense says NO.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2019 at 9:27am

It is amazing really that with the evidence given at the hearing ,that the jury and judge and so many others of you agree Pell is guilty ,common sense says NO.

Wrong.
Common sense says where there’s smoke there’s fire. He has been accused many times. He has assisted relocating paedophile priests. He has covered up for them. Common sense tells you he is far from innocent and defending him in the manner that you do makes you nothing more than an enabler.
hatch View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hatch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2019 at 10:49am
I FAIL TO AGREE WITH YOU.
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2019 at 11:18am

I FAIL TO AGREE WITH YOU.

entitled to your ignorant, brainwashed adoring views, guess what, none of our opinions matter and the church monsters are being exposed and prosecuted Clap
Redemption View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Redemption Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2019 at 11:29am
Thanks for clarifying exact quote.
I was stunned he said it.
I was going to bracket (cant recall exact quote, buts its along those lines).
Stating any part of it to be a "story", is fantasy.
Pell essentially stated that its fantasy.

Had his own fantasies by the sounds of the verdict. But maybe his fantasies became true.

Maybe a movie to be made of this?
Could be called, ComPELLing Evidence
?
Wink
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2019 at 2:25pm

Church knew Pell was at centre of decades-old lurid sex claims

The claims were lurid and unverified so Helen Last, the counsellor hired by the Catholic Church in Melbourne to assist victims of clerical abuse, agonised before reporting them to her superiors.

It was 1996 and the newly appointed archbishop, George Pell, had just set up the Melbourne Response to handle the rising numbers of sex abuse claims received by the archdiocese.

An ex-seminarian known as ‘‘Joe’’ came forward alleging that Pell and several other priests had, 10 to 15 years earlier, been having sex with Mannix College trainee clerics at ‘‘parties … involving young men’’.

Joe was not a strong witness. He wanted $20,000 for compromising photographs which appeared to be of Pell and others engaged in sexual acts but could not produce the negatives. Despite this, Ms Last felt she could not dismiss Joe's allegations.

She reported the claims to her superior and also to the vicar-general, Monsignor Gerald Cudmore (who died in 2007).

‘‘He was shocked, and said ‘we have to do something’,’’ she said.

Ms Last says she developed suspicions about Pell very early during her work with the Archdiocese of Melbourne.

She heard many stories from victims of clergy sexual abuse in different parishes, especially that Pell knew what was happening and was protecting priests who were abusing children.

‘‘It was alleged to me early that Pell was among a group of offenders from Ballarat to Melbourne. They were part of the Ballarat organised clerical offending, which extended down to Laverton and around Melbourne.’’

While the credibility of the claims made by ‘‘Joe’’ was never substantiated, a detailed memo of the ex-seminarian’s allegations, seen by The Age and The Sydney Morning Herald, demonstrates that the church was aware of complaints about Pell’s character dating back more than 20 years.

In the light of Pell’s conviction for sexual abuse of two choirboys in 1996, The Age andThe Sydney Morning Herald believe there is public interest in revealing the trail of complaints that have dogged the cardinal’s career.

If the ex-seminarian’s claims are included, there are nine known allegations about sexual misconduct against Pell, ranging from exposure to assault, although only two – his sexual abuse of the choirboys – have been upheld by a court.

Rumours have surrounded the cardinal, especially among survivors of abuse and their advocates, for many years. Some of the allegations might seem preposterous at first but the same argument was made by some about the choirboy's claim that he and another boy were assaulted more than 20 years ago. This makes the other allegations more relevant.

Ms Last’s contract was terminated in May 1997 as a result, she claims, of her defying explicit instructions from archbishop Pell and then vicar-general Denis Hart to stay away from the Doveton parish, which suffered six paedophiles in succession as parish priest or assistant priest. more....

http://www.smh.com.au/national/victoria/church-knew-pell-was-at-centre-of-decades-old-lurid-sex-claims-20190307-p512ci.html?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook&fbclid=IwAR3XVRD2n9W-spQ-pkd03BIlZvdWUY8y2cNL9GGaIw8OL3AsqJ1J8qMJaVs#Echobox=1551921380

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4142434445 119>