Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Cardinal Pell

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2930313233 119>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2017 at 7:01pm
Why, as Paul Kelly alleges, is the Justice System on trial here?

Nothing in his typically overblown and self-centric piece adequately supports his notion any more so than would any other criminal trial.
max manewer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2017 at 7:04pm
I'd say delays of many decades do put the system under the spotlight, especially if there is no new evidence to be presented. But that would be the police/prosecution to answer.
cabosanlucas View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cabosanlucas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2017 at 7:06pm
Originally posted by Second Chance Second Chance wrote:

Nothing in his typically overblown and self-centric piece adequately supports his notion any more so than would any other criminal trial.

Im not sure. but 'sub judice' certainly had an effect in here on a few posters. the back flip and diplomacy was lol.
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2017 at 7:07pm
I personally couldn't care less if the "witch hunt" succeeds or fails ... the issue is well and truly exposed and is now being dealt with, and the lawyers are the winners again.Ouch

... but surely the notion of a "fair trial" swings both ways ... the same issues face the prosecution in getting a "fair" outcome ... just sayin' Stern Smile
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2017 at 7:22pm
Originally posted by Second Chance Second Chance wrote:

I have no idea who Paul Kelly is (unless the song writer has done a 180 degree turn) but I'm guessing he goes in the RWNJ category of journalists? I gave up on aussie "journalism" years ago.

I think it's pretty clear what he and Pell and many (most?) ordinary people without a chip on their shoulder (even the victims of abuse, actually) have been saying for a while now. Geez even Judge H said it, unless I read it wrong.

Ironically, Tim Minchin and his kind may end up causing a guilty man to go free!
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2017 at 7:23pm
Originally posted by Dr E Dr E wrote:

I personally couldn't care less if the "witch hunt" succeeds or fails ... the issue is well and truly exposed and is now being dealt with, and the lawyers are the winners again.Ouch

... but surely the notion of a "fair trial" swings both ways ... the same issues face the prosecution in getting a "fair" outcome ... just sayin' Stern Smile

Yep.
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2017 at 8:28pm
Originally posted by subastral subastral wrote:

Someone has to hold your idiocy to account. 
But do explain how this and subsequent cover-ups aren't grounds for criminal charges. I am all ears.
Not sure about the "all ears" claim. As usual you completely missed the point. My understanding of paedophilia is that it is not a condition that you can easily turn off & on. I would have thought that would be even more so for a fellow with that sort of power & access to his "prey". So to have only 3 victims come forward across a 40 year plus period I find a touch unusual....suspicious if you like. I mean its not as if victims would be not aware of the circus....its been going on for years.
Refer ALP Election Promises
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2017 at 8:36pm
As we know the sex drive is incredibly powerful, those not into kids can be so thankful they are not wired that way.  No excuses, I despise them, but urges are almost impossible to resist, what a tortured life they lead.

What I hate as much is people in position of power bullying, take advantage abusing their trust
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2017 at 10:26pm
Interesting turns this thread is taking.
cabosanlucas View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cabosanlucas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2017 at 10:31pm
Originally posted by stayer stayer wrote:

seems to coincide with the public call of sub judice in effect.
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2017 at 10:34pm
Originally posted by cabosanlucas cabosanlucas wrote:

seems to coincide with the public call of sub judice in effect.

Zzz
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2017 at 10:36pm
It's ok, cabo, frankie will sort it out... um
JudgeHolden View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JudgeHolden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2017 at 10:54pm
Wow, Kelly's lost it. What a load of shrill nonsense. He used to be good, looks like he's now thrown his lot in with the culture warriors at the Oz. Pretty obvious how they're going to play this, but will be interesting to see how New Ltd run it in their tabloids, given the lynch mob mentality of most of their readers.
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2017 at 11:13pm
To Her Door is his best Bob Dylan rip off I reckon.
Go Flash Go View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Go Flash Go Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2017 at 11:19pm
Originally posted by Whale Whale wrote:

Bolt was at it again defending his mate. Not directly, just saying it is impossible to him to get a fair trial.

In other words Bolta knows he is innocent and will disregard any guilty verdict if it turns out that way.

And this guy gets paid a fortune for his various media gigs Confused

Bolt's met the guy have you Whale that can make a big differance.

Have a sister that worked with Pell for years first thing she said about him when he appeared on the News re this is "he's been framed"

As have advised Sub .... save yself the grief LOL  

Or if you enjoy it excuse me join the que of the clueless Wink
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2017 at 11:21pm
Originally posted by JudgeHolden JudgeHolden wrote:

Wow, Kelly's lost it. What a load of shrill nonsense. He used to be good, looks like he's now thrown his lot in with the culture warriors at the Oz. Pretty obvious how they're going to play this, but will be interesting to see how New Ltd run it in their tabloids, given the lynch mob mentality of most of their readers.

Seriously mate, who in tne great wide f-ck, cares about your little club of "thinkers"? Little Aussie parrots.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JudgeHolden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2017 at 11:22pm
What club would that be stayer?
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2017 at 11:29pm

Really?
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2017 at 11:35pm
Originally posted by Go Flash Go Go Flash Go wrote:

Bolt was at it again defending his mate. Not directly, just saying it is impossible to him to get a fair trial.

In other words Bolta knows he is innocent and will disregard any guilty verdict if it turns out that way.

And this guy gets paid a fortune for his various media gigs Confused

Bolt's met the guy have you Whale that can make a big differance.

Have a sister that worked with Pell for years first thing she said about him when he appeared on the News re this is "he's been framed"

As have advised Sub .... save yself the grief LOL  

Or if you enjoy it excuse me join the que of the clueless Wink

most amusing, you think and patting yourself on the back for your "cleverness"

of course you completely miss my point, it is irrelevant to the article he wrote if he has met him or not.  He is saying Pell will not get a fair trial because Bolt is always with the establishment 100% of the time. I on the other hand think Pell will get a fair trial, don't need to have met him to make that judgement. I know if I was on the jury I would reach a verdict only on the evidence,not my gut instinct

But hey keep at it sniper Wink
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JudgeHolden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2017 at 11:41pm

Really?

Yep. even by your incredibly low standards that was a thoroughly bizarre post, particularly as it was response to a post of mine which was critical of the media- the same media you yourself were dismissive of a few posts back.

Looks for all the world like another of your pathetic little snipes, after which I'm sure you'll scurry back for cover.
max manewer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2017 at 11:45pm
I'm not sure who gets a fair trial these days, there is bound to be at least one or two nutjobs on the jury, which I guess works against a conviction more than for one. Lots of people walking the streets because an obstinate juror would not convict out of motives un-related to
the relevant evidence.
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2017 at 11:54pm

Really?

Yep. even by your incredibly low standards that was a thoroughly bizarre post, particularly as it was response to a post of mine which was critical of the media- the same media you yourself were dismissive of a few posts back.

Looks for all the world like another of your pathetic little snipes, after which I'm sure you'll scurry back for cover.

You wrote some detailed crap about a random aussie journo who obviously means something to some of you blokes. (Putting "incredibly low" and "thoroughly bizarre" doesn't help anyone. Unless you're Trump.)
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JudgeHolden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2017 at 11:58pm
Detailed? Put down the bottle stayer. I made a comment in regards to an article reproduced in this forum. Hadn't read the guy in probably a decade. Thought it was a poor piece and said so. You're all over the place.
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2017 at 12:02am

Detailed? Put down the bottle stayer. I made a comment in regards to an article reproduced in this forum. Hadn't read the guy in probably a decade. Thought it was a poor piece and said so. You're all over the place.

You seemed to know of him (a bit too much), as did the other guy who derided him. Have no idea who he is, myself. Is he the Sydney Bolt or something?
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2017 at 12:05am
for an "educated " man you are an ignoramus. Is one of the most respected and long serving political journalists in Australia.  Was respected maybe
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2017 at 12:08am

for an "educated " man you are an ignoramus. Is one of the most respected and long serving political journalists in Australia.  Was respected maybe

OK. Honestly had no idea, and still think that Careless is the best song he ever wrote.
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2017 at 12:09am
hahaha that is mildly amusing
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JudgeHolden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2017 at 12:14am
A bit too much? You're dribbling, stayer. He's a journalist who writes for a paper I used to read, but a paper that started pushing agendas rather that reporting the news a long time ago. FWIW, there are papers that have drifted the other way that I no longer bother with either. Thought his piece was overwrought rubbish, but given what passes for "opinion" in the mainstream media these days I'm not surprised.

stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2017 at 12:15am
I'd google him but I'm pretty sure I'd get the actual Paul Kelly - the songwriter.
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2017 at 12:19am

A bit too much? You're dribbling, stayer. He's a journalist who writes for a paper I used to read, but a paper that started pushing agendas rather that reporting the news a long time ago. FWIW, there are papers that have drifted the other way that I no longer bother with either. Thought his piece was overwrought rubbish, but given what passes for "opinion" in the mainstream media these days I'm not surprised.

No need to get worked up, Judge. Aussie journos have never learned how to spell, let alone write.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2930313233 119>