Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Cardinal Pell

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 119>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2016 at 8:40pm
Originally posted by Phazeal Phazeal wrote:

Originally posted by max manewer max manewer wrote:

(Absolute rubbish), clergy would represent a tiny percentage of child sex abuse perpetrators.

I can't think of a technical reason why this comment and mine can't be simultaneously correct, so calling my observations absolute rubbish seems a bit harsh.

Are you suggesting that (if it were the case) because clergy haven't sexually molested as many children as the broader population in nominal terms that the community should view their betrayal through a more sympathetic lens? 

In addition;

I certainly do, the suspicion arises that perpetrators who never believed, only entered the profession because it seemed to offer ready access to victims. Malice aforethought

That can stand for the first incidence of sexual abuse, but surely those clergy who allegedly 'believe' would, after digesting their initial sexual encounter with a minor and completing their ritual of repentence, then be considered duly warned by their rulebook not to $^&* small children on general principle?
It suits a lot of people (atheists) to believe the clergy is crawling with paedophiles. That they are the main perpetrators of such stuff. I don't believe it, it is as common as muck, everywhere. It just confirms the prejudice that atheism is "right", the church is corrupt, therefore religiosity is void. I know they are wrong. Atheism is a form of super-delusionism, where people fancy themselves clever enough to figure out there is no God. Not very clever at all. The words I love to hear on the subject are "I don't know", and paedophilia in the clergy has no bearing on the matter. Whatsoever.
subastral View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote subastral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2016 at 8:51pm
What a load of garbage Max. No atheist derives any pleasure from priests being paedohpiles. Just anger. And even worse is the blatant cover up to protect the church and its assets.

The sheer ridiculousness of your atheists are super deluded is one of the most hypocritical things you can say. You believe in something that cannot be proven, as do I. Where is the difference in our delusion??
max manewer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2016 at 9:02pm
Not garbage at all. It is quite clear that people want their atheistic prejudices confirmed, and vile happenings in the church suits the agenda to a tee, they think. I see no relevance at all. But atheists are that dumb. I would never enter a relationship with one. It is just arrogance writ incredibly large.
subastral View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote subastral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2016 at 9:09pm
You ever thought about how one might have obtained that prejudice Max? Maybe from hearing about repeated abuse from priests and cover ups over decades?? Makes one start to believe less in a higher being when they would allow things like that to happen in their name......
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2016 at 9:11pm
Gee Max.....you & I are miles apart on this one.
Refer ALP Election Promises
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2016 at 9:12pm
Originally posted by subastral subastral wrote:

What a load of garbage Max. No atheist derives any pleasure from priests being paedohpiles. Just anger. And even worse is the blatant cover up to protect the church and its assets.

The sheer ridiculousness of your atheists are super deluded is one of the most hypocritical things you can say. You believe in something that cannot be proven, as do I. Where is the difference in our delusion??
Been proven to me, many, many times. But never at my instigation. We are not the doers. "Don't call us, we'll call you". If you don't hear, it is because you are a scoffer.
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2016 at 9:15pm
Nobody would need to think anything at all about clergy if they followed their own teachings and commandments, and their superiors didn't shield their crimes from scrutiny. It isn't that difficult to understand that you shouldn't waggle your willies at little boys, and there wouldn't be a Royal Commission if this abomination wasn't happening on a large scale. If it was just an atheist conspiracy the RC would have been wrapped up long ago, rather than going on for this extended period with additional funding.
subastral View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote subastral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2016 at 9:17pm

Been proven to me, many, many times. But never at my instigation. We are not the doers. "Don't call us, we'll call you". If you don't hear, it is because you are a scoffer.

Sorry Max, that is arrogance or delusion, take your pick, that you believe religion has been proven.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2016 at 9:22pm
Nope, the scoffer is always shut out, therefore you will never see the proof to all and sundry. At least not in this life. Atheism is the ultimate conceit. I never suffered from it, neither did I suffer from blind belief. Both are ridiculous. The proofs I have witnessed surprises me in only one way, in that I was utterly unmoved by it. Not shocked, not pleased, nothing. Go figure.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2016 at 10:00pm
Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

Nobody would need to think anything at all about clergy if they followed their own teachings and commandments, and their superiors didn't shield their crimes from scrutiny. It isn't that difficult to understand that you shouldn't waggle your willies at little boys, and there wouldn't be a Royal Commission if this abomination wasn't happening on a large scale. If it was just an atheist conspiracy the RC would have been wrapped up long ago, rather than going on for this extended period with additional funding.
I am not implying it is an atheist conspiracy at all. I am not defending anything of a criminal nature that the bureaucracy of the churches has acted to cover up. But I have no doubt this matter has been hijacked to promote "popular" atheism, which I regard as a psychological disorder. You have to be mad to think yourself that clever, that you can rule out " God ", Totally arrogant. Totally dumb. And nothing to do with paedophilia. The great shame is that many very foolish people took their complaints to the church, instead of to the police. Bureaucracies cover up their sins, that is what the churches did. The bureaucrat acts to preserve the organization, first and foremost.
Fiddlesticks View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fiddlesticks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2016 at 1:31am

I am not implying it is an atheist conspiracy at all. I am not defending anything of a criminal nature that the bureaucracy of the churches has acted to cover up. But I have no doubt this matter has been hijacked to promote "popular" atheism, which I regard as a psychological disorder. You have to be mad to think yourself that clever, that you can rule out " God ", Totally arrogant. Totally dumb. And nothing to do with paedophilia. The great shame is that many very foolish people took their complaints to the church, instead of to the police. Bureaucracies cover up their sins, that is what the churches did. The bureaucrat acts to preserve the organization, first and foremost.

you are so much smarter than us to work it all out max...

oh wait...what did you say about Athiests now..?

please..

first let us define God then we can move on to whether it exists or not...

Panspermia.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2016 at 7:54am

Is unquestioning faith or Feidism also a psychological disorder? 

Max, I find listening to you 'hijack theory'  that I am hearing echoes of the Unions and their supporters, and Liberal supporters in NSW blaming the Trade Union Royal Commission and the ICAC in NSW respectively for getting caught misbehaving, calling them witch-hunts. 

Like those registered groups and organisations, the faith institutions that place themselves aloft and profit handsomely from guiding our moral behavior and our eternal souls, must be held to higher standards than ordinary folk. Doing so is not an agenda. Aside from that the RC is not only investigating the Catholic Church, it is investigating many other institutions who had children under their care.
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2016 at 8:31am
I think Max's view are typical of many out age....totally mixed up,,,,,logic being contaminated with religious clap trap instilled at all levels when growing up . The Catholics have always been very good at it....just a step behind the Muso's
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2016 at 9:17am
I'm not mixed up at all, I hold no brief for the church or any other organization that harbours and protects criminals. But I reiterate what I have said, that ratbag atheists have fastened on to such wrong-doing as support for their idea that church teachings are therefore "wrong", and atheism is "right", because they have done the wrong thing with child abuse cases. There is simply no connection between the two. Atheism is the ultimate poison, catering to utter fools.
subastral View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote subastral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2016 at 9:26am

I'm not mixed up at all, I hold no brief for the church or any other organization that harbours and protects criminals. But I reiterate what I have said, that ratbag atheists have fastened on to such wrong-doing as support for their idea that church teachings are therefore "wrong", and atheism is "right", because they have done the wrong thing with child abuse cases. There is simply no connection between the two. Atheism is the ultimate poison, catering to utter fools.

I thought the church taught you not to hate?? Why so angry Max?? Surely you should respect everyone's right to an opinion and to form their own beliefs?

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2016 at 9:34am

I thought the church taught you not to hate?? Why so angry Max?? Surely you should respect everyone's right to an opinion and to form their own beliefs?

Quit associating me with churches, I have nothing to do with them. I am entirely comfortable with wanting nothing to do with people who proudly call themselves atheists. They are the last word in arrogance and stupidity, why would I respect someone that deems themselves fit to declare God non-existent ?
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2016 at 9:37am
What about theists? 
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2016 at 10:00am

What about theists? 
I take no notice of people who expound on what God may be. If you could describe or delineate God, you would be God ! But the "other realm" is a certainty, I have had that proven to me. Therefore I regard people like Hawking and dawkins who insist this life is the "end of the line", as frauds pretending non-existent knowledge. It is a poor reflection on the world of science that they have been virtually silent in the face of this unscientific clap-trap, especially Hawking's. Yes, he is a little pr1ck stuck in a wheelchair, let's cut him some slack. Pig's rse to that ! He says the laws of nature allow the universe to arise spontaneously. So far king what ? What "allows" the laws of physics to exist ? It is a matter of psychological interest that so many lap this rubbish up.
subastral View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote subastral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2016 at 10:07am
So anyone that has a different opinion to you Max is just a little prick in a wheelchair.......classy stuff......
subastral View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote subastral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2016 at 10:09am

What about theists? 
I take no notice of people who expound on what God may be. If you could describe or delineate God, you would be God ! But the "other realm" is a certainty, I have had that proven to me. Therefore I regard people like Hawking and dawkins who insist this life is the "end of the line", as frauds pretending non-existent knowledge. It is a poor reflection on the world of science that they have been virtually silent in the face of this unscientific clap-trap, especially Hawking's. Yes, he is a little pr1ck stuck in a wheelchair, let's cut him some slack. Pig's rse to that ! He says the laws of nature allow the universe to arise spontaneously. So far king what ? What "allows" the laws of physics to exist ? It is a matter of psychological interest that so many lap this rubbish up.

So you want to call others as arrogant or deluded, yet you say with 100 percent surety that what you experienced was the other realm???? How can you possibly be sure?
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2016 at 10:10am
He is using his authority as a scientist to promote atheism. The first rule of science is that arguments from authority are worthless. Hawking's pronouncements in support of atheism are utterly fraudulent, and a reflection of his inner psychological shortcomings, nothing else.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2016 at 10:24am

What about theists? 

So you want to call others as arrogant or deluded, yet you say with 100 percent surety that what you experienced was the other realm???? How can you possibly be sure?
  What I have witnessed left me with nowhere else to go, sub. I manfully tried to find the "rational" explanations, but it was overwhelmed by the evidence. This world is very different to what most people imagine.I don't know that I am comforted by that knowledge, either. The world is full of people that are supremely confident they know I'm wrong. I can only say, stay in a state of doubt, it is the only scientific thing to do !
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2016 at 10:31am
Just what gods are we talking about Max....there are literally 100's of them around the world both present & past. Just depends where you were born. I mean if you were born in Africa fair chance you would see Abassi as the creator....& up in some obscure area in New Guinea a bloody volcano. I mean how is any of that even partially logical...& to further suggest that the Universe is all about us is la la stuff. Why would anyone create something so huge for our motley lot ?
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2016 at 10:40am
I am aware of those arguments, 1-1, I know nothing about God or Gods, but I'm certain death is not necessarily the end. And I know nought about how that can be.
Phazeal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Phazeal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2016 at 11:21am
Atheism doesn't preclude the existence of some sort of life after death. It just precludes its connection with a deity :)
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2016 at 11:30am

Atheism doesn't preclude the existence of some sort of life after death. It just precludes its connection with a deity :)
On what reasonable basis can that opinion be arrived at ? So far as I am concerned, if people can persist beyond death, I am utterly unable to preclude anything with any confidence.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2016 at 11:44am
Buddhists don't believe in an omnipotent God and say that you are stuck in Samsara, the endless cycle of birth death and reincarnation until you become enlightened. They say that religion is for people who live in fear. Gautama stated in his teachings that  "Gripped by fear men go to the sacred mountains,
sacred groves, sacred trees and shrines". 

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2016 at 12:02pm
I don't dismiss re-incarnation. Even the great Carl Sagan had an open mind about it, having studied a dosier of cases supplied to him by Arthur C. Clarke, which he concluded was either a true record, or the most elaborate hoax ever conceived.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fiddlesticks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2016 at 12:57pm

What about theists? 

What I have witnessed left me with nowhere else to go, sub. I manfully tried to find the "rational" explanations, but it was overwhelmed by the evidence. This world is very different to what most people imagine.I don't know that I am comforted by that knowledge, either. The world is full of people that are supremely confident they know I'm wrong. I can only say, stay in a state of doubt, it is the only scientific thing to do !

So you think you saw a ghost, a ghost of your mother to be exact...and that makes those who don't believe in God all fools...that's some fairly incredible connecting of dots..???

Confused

Panspermia.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fiddlesticks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2016 at 1:02pm

and that's pretty much it, perhaps max could go back to the opening post of thread and find anything remotely related to religion or God bashing...??

max appears to have used this thread about Pell as some sort of vehicle to once again pontificate his very own exclusive knowledge on there might be god and we are fools for not believing the same..Confused

come home cardinal Pell....face the music George..Ouch
Panspermia.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 119>