Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Community - Public Forums > General
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Bill Cosby charged

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2016 at 7:33pm

Prosecutors decline to charge Bill Cosby, citing lack of evidence

Thursday, January 07, 2016 - 06:39 am

Prosecutors in Los Angeles declined to charge Bill Cosby with sexually abusing two teenagers in 1965 and 2008, citing time limits and a lack of evidence.

The decision comes about a week after Cosby, 78, was charged with drugging and sexually assaulting a woman in 2004 inside his home near Philadelphia.

< title="YouTube video p" width="500" height="294" ="https://youtube.com//tSh6T04TcZY" border="0" allowfullscreen="" scrolling="no" style="display: block; margin: 20px auto; max-width: 100%;">

It was the first criminal case brought against him after a series of allegations.

His lawyers have called the charges in that case unjustified and said they expected Cosby to be exonerated.

"We are satisfied that the Los Angeles DA's office fully and fairly evaluated all the facts and evidence, and came to the right conclusion in declining to file charges against Mr Cosby," his lawyer, Monique Pressley, said.

Dozens of women have accused Cosby of sex assaults or attempted molestations in incidents dating back more than four decades.

reductio ad absurdum
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2016 at 7:07am
Originally posted by djebel djebel wrote:

Prosecutors decline to charge Bill Cosby, citing lack of evidence

Thursday, January 07, 2016 - 06:39 am

Prosecutors in Los Angeles declined to charge Bill Cosby with sexually abusing two teenagers in 1965 and 2008, citing time limits and a lack of evidence.

The decision comes about a week after Cosby, 78, was charged with drugging and sexually assaulting a woman in 2004 inside his home near Philadelphia.

< title="YouTube video p" width="500" height="294" ="https://youtube.com//tSh6T04TcZY" border="0" allowfullscreen="" scrolling="no" style="display: block; margin: 20px auto; max-width: 100%;">

It was the first criminal case brought against him after a series of allegations.

His lawyers have called the charges in that case unjustified and said they expected Cosby to be exonerated.

"We are satisfied that the Los Angeles DA's office fully and fairly evaluated all the facts and evidence, and came to the right conclusion in declining to file charges against Mr Cosby," his lawyer, Monique Pressley, said.

Dozens of women have accused Cosby of sex assaults or attempted molestations in incidents dating back more than four decades.

Have none of his victims been tested while the qualudes were detectable with a drug screen? 
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2017 at 1:54pm
reductio ad absurdum
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2017 at 2:50pm
Generations later these ladies come forward ..   Pay day or attention seeking .    No real evidence .
The most recent case was a lesbian who willingly took drugs & alcohol with him ,    accepted his invitation to visit In more " comfortable " attire .   

Wow ,       Many a good man has dug his grave with his Wally .
     This looks like another one.
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2017 at 2:56pm
What about the other 47?

Most good men don't have to drug women to get their way with them
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2017 at 4:17pm
Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

What about the other 47?

Most good men don't have to drug women to get their way with them

Speculation....      Men & women drug on these days PT., more than ever but it has always been on the menu .
That's why so many drugs were banned along the way . Most notably Heroine in 1954 worldwide.
Bonking and drugs/grog are a good mix ( called leg opener in my day .)

The other 47 had their chance to come forward 60 years ago in some cases.
   ( Random rape should carry the death penalty ) in my view .
Old ladies who want to light up the memories with accusations that are as old as them ...       Should be up for withholding evidence.

You and me should be careful if we travelled in lifts back in the 1950's ..      We may have brushed some skirt.
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2017 at 5:58pm
You are such a relic Macca, a disgusting old fart.

Are you sure you're not Muslim, your attitude of ownership of females and men never being in the wrong fits right in, and of course you would love the multiple wives
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2017 at 7:13pm
Originally posted by Whale Whale wrote:

You are such a relic Macca, a disgusting old fart.

Are you sure you're not Muslim, your attitude of ownership of females and men never being in the wrong fits right in, and of course you would love the multiple wives

You have me all wrong Whale .     Mother nature didn't give out equal rights from day one .    Not many men are sitting on a fortune.

The Ladies go to all lengths to be termed attractive and when their hard work does exactly that,   it is off to a lawyer .
In some cases it takes to 50 years to fantasise a good story. The victim of course has a quid and not as good at imagination as the fluzy .

Multiple wives Whale ,   ?   You must be raving Mad.
I found one on apro as a waste of good drinking time.
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2017 at 1:37am
Being a female myself , I do often wonder why these women wait so long to pop up and accuse some bloke , from 30 or 40 years ago.   More to the point, how on earth do they hope to prove their accusations after leaving it go for so many years ??Confused  One woman has said she went home with him , to be more comfortable,  and had drinks.  Why did she go home with him ??   To be more comfortable ,,,,for what ????  Wacko   What did she think she was going home with him for ? 
I mean.  Come on ! Shocked  40 years ago when I was in my 20ies,  any girl who went home with a man knew what they were going for,  and it wasnt for  tea and bikkies.  And me and my crowd were not rocket scientists.  If we could work it out for ourselves, what going home to a man,s house meant, why couldnt these so called cluey women ???
And on top of that, he would be one of the creepiest blokes around ! Thumbs Down   Wild horses could not have dragged me to his house !
What world were these women living in ????? Clown
animals before people.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2017 at 3:19am
   Yes AA ...
I repeat ,   Random rapists should hang .

These stories you describe, drinking & drugging willingly = no way ...     If the Lady was in fact raped she would be lodging the complaint very quickly .   Not many years later.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2018 at 8:55am
Cosby has been found guilty on all 3 charges in his retrial overningt.

He is facing up to 10 years on each count as well as fines for each count and court costs.

He was released on bail awaiting sentencing and an appeal.
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2018 at 9:21am
I like the 10 yrs on each count bit...lol. The blokes 80 yrs old. His lawyers will drag out the appeal while he's on bail....& he will die naturally before he ever spends time in the clink. Some of those women victims didn't do themselves any favours after the verdict was given.
Refer ALP Election Promises
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2018 at 9:29am
That is the maximum statuted for each offense.That was only for one woman. In sentencing will they give him the minimum of 22 months(reported) or take into account the possibility of other cases following should his sentence be deemed too lenient?
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2018 at 11:49am
As far as I’m concerned, this disgusting old man can rot in jail.
Good riddance you scumbag
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2018 at 12:32pm
Yuk.   Creeepy creepy old man.
animals before people.
TIGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote TIGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2018 at 8:21am
Bill Cosby will get all the sex he desires now
EAD
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2018 at 5:02pm
Still beats me why nobody reported him to the police. It might not have resulted in a conviction or even gone to trial, but it would have been widely reported and it would have warned others. He started doing it in 1965 but no woman reported it to the police until 2000.Shocked
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2018 at 10:27pm
Originally posted by TIGER TIGER wrote:

Bill Cosby will get all the sex he desires now

hopefully..."who's ma bitch?"

Evil Smile
Desert War, Rain Lover, Latin Knight, Hay List, Mustard...my turf heroes...
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2018 at 10:30pm
Originally posted by Tlazolteotl Tlazolteotl wrote:

Still beats me why nobody reported him to the police. It might not have resulted in a conviction or even gone to trial, but it would have been widely reported and it would have warned others. He started doing it in 1965 but no woman reported it to the police until 2000.Shocked

that is easily explained...a lone woman against a celeb will probably never be taken seriously...so they just internalise it and try to get on with life...

police can be brutal in rape cases...the victim becomes the villain...

Desert War, Rain Lover, Latin Knight, Hay List, Mustard...my turf heroes...
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2018 at 8:53am
Sentenced to 3 - 10 years, denied bail, locked up, good riddance.
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2018 at 3:41am
I see he's a victim of racismAND sexism ... come on CNNPT, he needs your help!!!Wacko
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2018 at 10:09am
More victim blaming Doc?
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2018 at 10:18am
Why is there sufficient evidence in the Constant case and none of the others? Let me guess- she went to the police, made a complaint, got tested, soon after the assault, not 25 years later?
An honest politician is one who when he is bought will stay bought.

Simon Cameron

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2018 at 10:27am
There were many others that qualified but this one and a number of others were inside the statute of limitations.

All of his victims were alone and drugged so their accounts were he said/she said but it was very fuzzy. And who would believe them over the great Bill Cosby. This is why the judge called him a very dangerous predator. He was very calculating. It wasn't till the use of Quaaludes emerged that cleared up a lot of people's explanations of what had happened to them.
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2018 at 3:01pm
The rest of them have been approached by Michael Avenatti, and asked if they were ever anywhere in the vicinity of Yale in the early 1980's, and do they want to make an easy $100.

He will arrange the polygraph.
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
Softy View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Softy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2018 at 4:50pm
Nice to see your sympathy for crime victims.
A pattern is emerging amongst your ‘heroes though’.
No doubt you only saw the good side of Pol Pot too.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2018 at 4:58pm
Doc has never seen a sexual offender he wouldn't believe over a mere woman yet.

A clear pattern.
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2018 at 12:45am
That's what you get from watching too much of the ironically titled ABC Comedy - humourless leftardsDead

Now this is funny!Big smile

maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2018 at 6:28pm
These Ladies know the Rules .

Even my tomatoes have to do a bit of rooting before I show any interest in them.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2018 at 6:34pm
Originally posted by Dr E Dr E wrote:

That's what you get from watching too much of the ironically titled ABC Comedy - humourless leftardsDead

Now this is funny!Big smile

They are only women eh Doc. Wink
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>