Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Jameka

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkyDancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2017 at 8:00pm
CIARON Maher has flagged an extensive European staying campaign for star mare ­Jameka this year.

Usually it is our sprinters who head to the northern hemisphere, but Maher believes the runaway Caulfield Cup winner has the ability to mix it with the best stayers in the world.

Maher is looking at running Jameka in European feature races over 2400m, her optimum distance, ruling her out of the Melbourne spring.

The 2400m King George VI and Queen Elizabeth Stakes at Ascot, England, on July 27 and 2400m Prix de l’Arc de Triomphe at Chantilly, France, on October 1 could be options.

“If she races well this preparation, and all the signs are good, then it will become an option which I will look at ­seriously,” Maher said.

Jameka kicks off her autumn campaign in Saturday’s Orr Stakes (1400m) at Caulfield, the first of four runs. She will head to the Peter Young Stakes (1800m) at Caulfield on February 25 and the Australian Cup (2000m) at Flemington on March 11 before going to Sydney for the $1.5 million BMW (2400m) at Rosehill on March 25.

Last year the King George VI and Queen Elizabeth Stakes was won by 2015 Cox Plate third placegetter Highland Reel, who picked up ­almost $1.4 million for ­connections.

“If she settled in well, then there’s a vast array of races over her best distance which she could contest,” Maher said.

Jameka could stop off for December’s Hong Kong Vase (2400m) on her way back to Australia.

Maher said Jameka’s work had been sharp and she would be competitive on Saturday.

“Over 1400m fresh she ­either finished third or fourth and I’d expect something similar, then she’ll she hit her straps a bit later,” he said.

Jameka hasn’t started since finishing 15th in the Melbourne Cup on November 1.

Maher said his Blue Diamond Stakes contender Jukebox had had two days at the beach and recovered well after his win in the Inglis Premier at Caulfield on Saturday.

Jukebox will be Maher’s first Blue Diamond runner.

“He put his hand up on ­Saturday. He’s a real natural and there’s improvement to come,” he said.
James View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2017 at 8:07pm
I am not sure she is up to it but I like the fact he and the owners are willing to have a crack. Get her over there while she at her best.
Delta Deel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Delta Deel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2017 at 8:10pm
I don't think she will make it over there because I cant see her dominating the Autumn here, but would be awesome to see how her form lines up in those races.
https://group1selections.wordpress.com/
tillyras View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tillyras Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2017 at 2:00pm
I must say she looks super today
tillyras View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tillyras Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2017 at 2:08pm
Brilliant return!!
Sunline View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2017 at 2:23pm
I think she's an enormous Australian Cup chance and that run only strengthened that prospect.
Sunline...simply supreme
Rosscoe View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rosscoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2017 at 2:24pm
Agree, huge run ...
Current Stable - Soul Star & Adivinar + Lady Vega
The Gooch View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Gooch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2017 at 2:55pm
She's a ripper this mare. She has had some tough campaigns and you just wonder how she'll come back from them but she's as honest as they come.

Puts herself in her races, very versatile and I'll be ready to strike in any 2000-2400m race without Winx and Hartnell competing.
Bonfield View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bonfield Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2017 at 5:12pm
Looking good for Australian Cup. Got her going for massive collect.
Bonfield View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bonfield Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2017 at 9:41am
These are Jameka's first up ratings over her career.
86.0 (first start)
92.0 (Orr Stakes)

The ratings are in lengths. As you can see she's improved her first up run every preparation, but her run yesterday is quite a big leap over her last two preps. This indicates she better this prep and/or more forward.
tillyras View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tillyras Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2017 at 1:39pm
2nd up Syndrome
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2017 at 1:40pm
Luke Nolen Syndrome might be more like it Tilly.
Bonfield View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bonfield Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2017 at 1:40pm
Yep. Yet to win 2nd up in five attempts.
Sneck View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sneck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2017 at 1:44pm
Only commenting off one watch but a tough run is a good lead up run.
The Gooch View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Gooch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2017 at 1:46pm
Wasn't beaten far. She wasn't at her top but wouldn't say she has second up syndrome. Copped the full force of a Nolen special. Give her the one one spot that Stratum Star got and I think she wins.

Still confident for the Aus Cup.
Nocturnal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nocturnal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2017 at 6:00pm
She was outstanding
The only problem with backing winners ? You never have enough on....
Bonfield View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bonfield Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2017 at 7:16pm
Originally posted by The Gooch The Gooch wrote:

Wasn't beaten far. She wasn't at her top but wouldn't say she has second up syndrome. Copped the full force of a Nolen special. Give her the one one spot that Stratum Star got and I think she wins.

Still confident for the Aus Cup.

I disagree. Nothing wring with the ride. Gave her every chance. Just not good enough on the day. She's never won before her 3rd run from a spell. Today she ran as well as she's ever done 2nd up.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Delta Deel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2017 at 7:24pm
Not convinced she has the Aus cup at her mercy
MacDougall View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MacDougall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2017 at 7:36pm
Originally posted by Delta Deel Delta Deel wrote:

I agree. Tbh Stratum Star is capable of winning at good odds again but I will be on Exospheric.
James View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2017 at 7:37pm
Originally posted by MacDougall MacDougall wrote:

I agree. Tbh Stratum Star is capable of winning at good odds again but I will be on Exospheric.

Stratum Star has no improvement to come IMO where the others do.
MacDougall View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MacDougall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2017 at 7:49pm
Originally posted by James James wrote:

Originally posted by MacDougall MacDougall wrote:

Stratum Star has no improvement to come IMO where the others do.

Stratum Star is just a winner that puts himself in a race so he is always a chance.
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2017 at 6:00am
Jameka's got a pretty poor strike rate for a good horse.
AdaHunta View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AdaHunta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2017 at 11:17am
if Jameka keeps winning ........these people in the other thread Hartnell v Winx will be dropping alotttta cash ........looooooool !! 
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Delta Deel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2017 at 12:00pm
What has Jameka won? I don't get the post above?
AdaHunta View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote AdaHunta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2017 at 12:09pm
Ive read many posts about how good a horse Hartnell is ........that run at Flemington pulling away and making Jameka look second rate .....sticks in their minds !! So Jameka being so competitive and a leading middle distance galloper they keep going back to that run from Hartnell ...and using that in the hope he can beat Winx ............u with me now dude ????? it was tongue in cheek talk LOL
Magnolian Khan View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magnolian Khan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2017 at 12:35pm
What are you on Ada?

So confusedConfused
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Delta Deel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2017 at 12:36pm
No idea?
Afros View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2017 at 12:49pm
I think the suggestion is that people are saying Hartnell can beat Winx based on his win against Jameka in the Turnbull and her current form is proof he can't beat Winx because Jameka is going badly at the moment...
The Gooch View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Gooch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2017 at 12:55pm
How is Jameka going badly? She's a good horse. She isn't good enough to travel 3 wide no cover 2nd up and beat the likes of a fit and in form Stratum Star.

She hasn't got a great winning strike rate but Ciaron has done a good job of getting her to peak for her target. I see nothing there to suggest she won't improve 3rd up at 2000m and turn the tables on those that beat her yesterday.

No good thing for the Aus Cup, but certainly the one to beat.
AdaHunta View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AdaHunta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2017 at 1:35pm
Originally posted by Afros Afros wrote:

I think the suggestion is that people are saying Hartnell can beat Winx based on his win against Jameka in the Turnbull and her current form is proof he can't beat Winx because Jameka is going badly at the moment...
Your correct in the 1st part but incorrect 2nd part mate !! I never insinuated Jameka is going badly at all ........cant believe ppl can't read between the lines !! After the Turnbull Hartnell was the Hype horse .......that run in particular !! it has completely overrated the horse and created the booooooooom on him being a rival to Winx ........who mind uuuu had allready destroyed him in 2015 cox plate !! ........ its purely sarcasm !! Cool
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678>