Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Robbie Laing

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2019 at 6:48pm
You might also be a stubby short of a six pack too.
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2019 at 8:08pm
Originally posted by Baghdad Bob Baghdad Bob wrote:

If you had three failed marriages and nine ( ? ) children to support over the years I suspect you might be also a bit short of “ready”.

And have only yourself to blame Ouch
Prospective trainers need a substantial amount in their bank account in order to apply, why should Robbie or other trainers be treated any differently?
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2019 at 9:16am
Originally posted by Baghdad Bob Baghdad Bob wrote:

If you had three failed marriages and nine ( ? ) children to support over the years I suspect you might be also a bit short of “ready”.

Is that right ? Shocked Re Robbie ?  Good grief, no wonder the pockets are a bit empty !Ouch
animals before people.
monty1 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monty1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2019 at 11:08am
This is no surprise to anyone as he has owed everyone for years and doesn’t care. I have heard a few stories, one he owed his farrier quite a substantial amount so the farrier held a sign saying as much outside the private school, yes private school his girls attended.

He also owed a small float driver over 7 grand and when he pleaded with him to pay, he laughed at him and said good luck getting it off me mate.

So all this raving on that he should be entitle to 1/2 of his $90,000 prizemoney. I’m tipping $45k won’t get him out of the hole. He does have 3 daughters with her to support and I am sure he isn’t paying maintenance. 
Now I read that someone is going to set up a go fund me page!!
ExceedAndExcel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2019 at 11:44am
Sounds like the typical “poor me” sob stories you get from all deadbeats who inflict these types of problems on themselves. If the stories of him not paying people is correct then it’s a nice bit of karma coming back to him.
Bonjour View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bonjour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2019 at 1:05pm
Originally posted by monty1 monty1 wrote:

This is no surprise to anyone as he has owed everyone for years and doesn’t care. I have heard a few stories, one he owed his farrier quite a substantial amount so the farrier held a sign saying as much outside the private school, yes private school his girls attended.

He also owed a small float driver over 7 grand and when he pleaded with him to pay, he laughed at him and said good luck getting it off me mate.

So all this raving on that he should be entitle to 1/2 of his $90,000 prizemoney. I’m tipping $45k won’t get him out of the hole. He does have 3 daughters with her to support and I am sure he isn’t paying maintenance. 

Not Dennis Calendar or Peter Brazil Float Drivers/owners I hope
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2019 at 8:11pm
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2019 at 8:33pm
Is this what it's designed for?....the bloody audacity of the man, give it away for 12 months, roll your sleeves up and go bush , work on a gas rig or minesite like I did , there's more than just one type of rose in the garden!
SkyDancer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SkyDancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2019 at 8:57pm
Racing Victoria has clarified the reasons why the Jack Laing-trained pair of Pissaro and Zoumanor were scratched from Friday night's Cranbourne meeting by order of the stewards.

The pair joined the 23-year-old trainer earlier this week after Racing Victoria moved to reject his nominations from from his father, veteran trainer Robbie Laing, due to unpaid rent on his Cranbourne stables.

Racing Victoria released the following statement on Friday night:

"Zoumanor and Pissaro were withdrawn this afternoon by order of Racing Victoria Stewards from tonight’s race meeting at Cranbourne," the statement said.

"Both horses were previously under the care of Robbie Laing, with online stable returns submitted on Wednesday, 27 November 2019 requesting the transfer to his son Jack Laing.

"Following a stable inspection by Stewards today, it was determined that Zoumanor and Pissaro had not been relocated from Robbie Laing’s stables to Jack Laing’s stables and as such they were withdrawn.

"The Stewards will not permit an acceptance from Zoumanor or Pissaro until such time as they are satisfied that the horses are under the care of Jack Laing.

"Further, as a result of today’s stable inspection, the Stewards discovered that Jack Laing had not informed them of a recent change to his stable location.

"As such, Jack Laing has also been ordered to scratch all of his horses accepted to run this weekend and submit an update to his trainer’s licence with his new stable address before the Stewards will accept any future nominations."
monty1 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote monty1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2019 at 8:58pm
What an absolute joke. These fools will donate to this idiot and he will piss it up the wall again. Are they going to pay the sale companies!!
Only a year ago he put a picture up on Facebook of him in a new 3 piece suit standing in front of his new Mercedes Benz.
He does not pay his suppliers end of story and laughs at them.
They just announced on Racing.com that the horses that were transferred to his son, hadn’t moved stables so they were scratched, he is a mockery to decent trainers.
monty1 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monty1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2019 at 9:06pm
Originally posted by Bonjour Bonjour wrote:

Originally posted by monty1 monty1 wrote:

Not Dennis Calendar or Peter Brazil Float Drivers/owners I hope
No, wasn’t them.
Straight arrow View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Straight arrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2019 at 9:10pm
That’s plain embarrassing
VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2019 at 9:13pm
I have a question.

If he did not and has never paid his suppliers, and vets, then why did they continue to supply and do work for him?

If I am a vet, and a person does not pay once, or twice after the third time I severe all ties and commence legal proceedings, unless of course they are going through a drought or similar circumstances.

If half the stories are true then he deserves all that comes his way.
Remember, it might take intelligence to be smart , but it takes experience to be wise
SkyDancer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SkyDancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2019 at 9:22pm
My mother always told me if you don’t have anything nice to say, then don’t say anything at all.

So I’m not saying anything
monty1 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monty1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2019 at 10:41pm
Originally posted by VOYAGER VOYAGER wrote:

I have a question.

If he did not and has never paid his suppliers, and vets, then why did they continue to supply and do work for him?

If I am a vet, and a person does not pay once, or twice after the third time I severe all ties and commence legal proceedings, unless of course they are going through a drought or similar circumstances.

If half the stories are true then he deserves all that comes his way.
I am not sure, maybe he moves on to the next farrier or float company. But he is known in the industry for not paying, of that I know.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2019 at 11:12pm
If thats right, more fool those who donate to him. They could be donating to the deserving, like the bushfire people, not some idiot like this.
animals before people.
linghi11 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote linghi11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2019 at 12:56am
Originally posted by acacia alba acacia alba wrote:

If thats right, more fool those who donate to him. They could be donating to the deserving, like the bushfire people, not some idiot like this.

There were a few articles in the press truly misrepresenting the situation, making RV out to be the bad guy. Laing has been given too many chances, he’s bankrupt and a notorious non payer and his gofundme should be shut down, and I don’t see how his son could be allowed to take over his horses
to the victor
Discohips23 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Discohips23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2019 at 10:26am
Check out the Facebook page of bloke who set the gofundme page up. Me thinks he thinks he’s a bigger player than he actually is. Oh, but he did donate a whopping $100.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2019 at 11:10am
Honestly tho, if his ex wife is receiving all the funds of winnings from those horses, shouldnt she be responsible for paying her share of the bills to the farrier who is doing those horse,s feet, and the bloke who is providing the feed, and the driver getting HER horses to the races, etc etc etc ? 
I dont think she should be sitting back , being smug about getting one up on him by collecting all the winnings, if she isnt prepared to pay for the care and treatment, feeding and transport of horses that are winning money for her.
animals before people.
Batman View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Batman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2019 at 6:07pm

Could not agree more. Robbie is reaping what he sowed. The was a story about an earlier ex, how he jumped on her car roof with an axe and wrecked it. Bet she doesn’t donate 😂😂
Gambling has brought our family closer together. We had to move to a smaller house.
SkyDancer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkyDancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2019 at 1:08pm
Stewards slowly approving Laing transfers
Yesterday at 5:51pm by AAP
Jack Laing will need a bigger property if he is to train the majority of horses formerly in the care of his father Robbie.

The Racing Victoria Board last week did not approve Robbie Laing's trainers' licence because of financial difficulties he is currently facing, forcing him to transfer horses into his son's name.

RV stewards ordered the scratching of horses accepted at the Cranbourne, Moonee Valley, Traralgon and Warrnambool meetings over the weekend as they were still at Robbie Laing's Cranbourne stable.

Stewards were also unaware Jack had moved location and needed to inspect those stables before approving any transfers.

Chief steward Robert Cram said that inspection took place on Monday with Jack Laing only being able to accommodate six horses.

"A number of Robbie's horses are still at his old address and being looked after, but not being worked," Cram said.

"Jack's got room for six where the stewards were today."

Cram said stewards had approved transfers to different Cranbourne trainers from Laing's stables, including last week's Sandown placegetter Thorondor to Mick Kent.

Thorondor is an acceptor at Wednesday's Sandown twilight meeting.

Alexander Rae and Kent have also nominated horses formerly trained by Laing at Pakenham on Saturday.

"It might be a bit of a drawn-out process," Cram said.

A multiple Group One-winning trainer, 60-year-old Robbie Laing has blamed a loss of owners and cash flow issues for falling behind in rent payments on his stables, resulting in RV officials taking action.

His financial troubles surfaced over the Double RL Racing business he ran with his estranged wife Rachael.

He said all prize money was being directed to his former wife, leaving the trainer little to pay feed, farriers, staff and rent
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2019 at 5:17pm
Hopefully Mick Kent gets Frankel My Dear

FRANKEL MY DEAR

5yo Bay Horse
D.O.B: 01-Oct-2014
by FRANKEL (GB)  from BUENOS AIRES (IRE)
5x Pedigree Report 

StatusActive
Owner’s Details Mr R H Montague, Mrs S M Montague, Mr P Athanasakos, Mrs A J Athanasakos, Mr P Schoormans, Mr M A Lester, Mrs K B Lester, Archer Racing, Mr F J Stockdale, Mr S D Bryan, Mr T M Montague, Mr S R Montague
Stewards EmbargoesCurrent - 29-Mar-2019, Suspension (Stood Flat Footed)
Last Gear Change*None on record.
TrainerMr Robbie Laing (Cranbourne (1))
Racing ColoursBlack, Red Apple, Red And White Hooped Sleeves, Quartered Cap
CareerSummary: 16-2:1:0    Prizemoney: $41,300     
Min/Max-Dist-Win: 1200/1200     1st Up: 3:1-0-0    2nd Up: 3:1-0-0     
Firm: 0:0-0-0     Good: 14:1-1-0     Soft: 2:1-0-0     Heavy: 0:0-0-0    Synthetic: 0:0-0-0

4th of 6MORN 06Jan19 1500m Good3 BM64 $22,000 ($990) Jason Maskiell 58kg Barrier 3 Rtg 60 
1st Mitrust 60.5kg, 2nd Southern Bolt (NZ) 59kg 1:32.80 (600m 35.32), 1.85L, 4th@800m, 5th@400m, $9.50/$12/$13/$12
11th of 12FLEM 16Feb19 1200m Good3 BM90 $126,000 Jamie Kah 54kg Barrier 8 Rtg 60 
1st Intuition 55kg, 2nd Mystyko (NZ) 51kg 1:09.30 (600m 33.64), 5.75L, 10th@800m, 11th@400m, $71/$81/$91
2nd of 8PAKM 21Feb19 1200m Good4 BM64 $35,000 ($6,300) Jason Maskiell 58kg Barrier 7 Rtg 60 
1st Mrs O'malley 56.5kg, 3rd Undoubtable Miss 56.5kg 1:11.50 (600m 35.12), 2L, 8th@800m, 8th@400m, $6/$8/$8.50/$9
7th of 10PAKM 28Feb19 1400m Good3 BM64 $35,000 ($700) Clayton Douglas 58.5kg Barrier 8 Rtg 61 
1st East Indiaman 58.5kg, 2nd Explicitly 58kg 1:24.38 (600m 34.28), 6.7L, 9th@800m, 10th@400m, $18/$17/$18/$17
T 6th of 10CTRN 18Mar19 800m Good4 3UP CL2-TRL $000 Lester Grace 0kg Barrier 0 
1st Storm Harbour 0kg, 2nd Governor Landy (NZ) 0kg 0:47.96 (600m 34.68), 3.15L
8th of 9CRAN 29Mar19 1300m Good3 BM64 $35,000 ($700) Dwayne Dunn 58kg Barrier 3 Rtg 60 
1st Momentary 60.5kg, 2nd Evie Matilda 57kg 1:18.75 (600m 37.80), 6.25L, 9th@800m, 9th@400m, $11/$12/$13/$14
reductio ad absurdum
pnclick View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pnclick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2019 at 8:12am

Honestly tho, if his ex wife is receiving all the funds of winnings from those horses, shouldnt she be responsible for paying her share of the bills to the farrier who is doing those horse,s feet, and the bloke who is providing the feed, and the driver getting HER horses to the races, etc etc etc ? 
I dont think she should be sitting back , being smug about getting one up on him by collecting all the winnings, if she isnt prepared to pay for the care and treatment, feeding and transport of horses that are winning money for her.

This is an interesting point, especially in relation to the very important aspect of ANIMAL WELFARE, RVL need to position themselves on the front foot in relation to animal welfare at ALL times now, and one of the biggest issue is owners and/or trainers not paying trainers, vets, suppliers etc... despite the RVL sending out prizemoney in a timely manner, which in turn ultimately effects the horses welfare. 

Shrunk in the Wash View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2019 at 8:44am
wonder why the ex wife is getting all the income 
SkyDancer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkyDancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2019 at 10:35am
It’s probably to do with the family court.
I’m guessing She looks after the kids so he probably has to pay child support
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2019 at 11:30am
I dont think prize money should be paid out if it can be proven that people like farriers, float drivers,  vets, feed suppliers , etc, are not being paid.  Whats owing to those people should be taken out first, if they can present unpaid bills to RV. or any racing body, anywhere, on any horses , not just these ones.
animals before people.
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2019 at 11:05am

We would like to congratulate the winning owners of Pissarro 🍎and Stornaway on there recent wins and Pissarro finishing with a promising 3rd yesterday at Flemington. We would like to acknowledge Mick Kent and Alex Rae stable over the last 10 days for their wonderful help also a big thank you to Tony Logan for keeping the horses in work. Hopefully back to normal from Tuesday looking forward to a successful summer.

Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
Bonjour View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bonjour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2019 at 12:16pm

I dont think prize money should be paid out if it can be proven that people like farriers, float drivers,  vets, feed suppliers , etc, are not being paid.  Whats owing to those people should be taken out first, if they can present unpaid bills to RV. or any racing body, anywhere, on any horses , not just these ones.

If all the allegations are true AA I for one can't understand how he can keep training. You just can't do that to people, you just can't. If they are not, then it's a vendetta, and that has happened before.
Red Hare View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Hare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2019 at 2:23pm
How many horses has he bought, then given away shares in to pay off his debts?
Bonjour View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bonjour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2019 at 4:17pm
Originally posted by Red Hare Red Hare wrote:

How many horses has he bought, then given away shares in to pay off his debts?

That's good though isn't it? A sense of responsibility, and if he's paying off his debts he's a long way in front of a few in this game......come in Nathan Tinkler.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>