Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Amelie's Star

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam White Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2017 at 3:19pm

I'm confident she's going to get a run in the CC.
With a few headed other directions I have her 20th in order (that includes one for Herbert Power winner).

Weekend's racing will hopefully have us in.
Sir Gov View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sir Gov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2017 at 7:49pm
Originally posted by Adam White Adam White wrote:

With a few headed other directions I have her 20th in order (that includes one for Herbert Power winner).

Will be a good match race between Bonneval & Amelies Star
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2017 at 8:19pm
Originally posted by Sir Gov Sir Gov wrote:

Originally posted by Adam White Adam White wrote:

Will be a good match race between Bonneval & Amelies Star

It's looking that way! Only 2 I've backed for weeks! 🙏🙏🙏
Magnolian Khan View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magnolian Khan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2017 at 5:42pm
She has made the field
Michael Dee to ride
Breeding Above All View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Breeding Above All Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2017 at 5:47pm
Match race between them? Absolutely not
Sir Gov View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sir Gov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2017 at 6:57pm
Fantastic news & & right in this race.

Drops to 51kgs!
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2017 at 7:41pm
Originally posted by Breeding Above All Breeding Above All wrote:

WAS looking that way until a couple stood up recently. Reckon there's still 5 or 6 that could beat those 2 at this stage and can't help thinking Amelie's Star needs everything to go right to actually win.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2017 at 7:48pm
Originally posted by stayer stayer wrote:

Originally posted by Breeding Above All Breeding Above All wrote:

WAS looking that way until a couple stood up recently. Reckon there's still 5 or 6 that could beat those 2 at this stage and can't help thinking Amelie's Star needs everything to go right to actually win.

Luck is every thing in these contests.   More chances in this than the "Everest".    Final field not out ?
room for a slew View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote room for a slew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2017 at 10:11pm
Fantastic news!!!!!!

That's a third of the battle

just need a kind barrier and no back luck in running (is that too much to ask !)

She deserves a spot for sure on current form.

Cmmonnn
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2017 at 10:23pm
Originally posted by room for a slew room for a slew wrote:

Fantastic news!!!!!!

That's a third of the battle

just need a kind barrier and no back luck in running (is that too much to ask !)

She deserves a spot for sure on current form.

Cmmonnn

Me too, but prefer it was run at Flemington.    Had 3 runs at Caul and strong at the finish without winning shorter races.
BIG M.C chance too.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magnolian Khan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 11:39am
Williams now riding
May as well throw the ticket in the bin
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 12:02pm
Originally posted by Magnolian Khan Magnolian Khan wrote:

Williams now riding
May as well throw the ticket in the bin

MK..   Naughty .    I've now doubled my bet    

Barrier draw vital me thinks & so many chances.

I'm Her greatest supporter & November 7 is her Grand Final.
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 12:15pm
McLean preferred Humidor for the CC, feeling he'll have more toe at the end but then said he reckonss the mare for the MC despite Weirys pick being Humidor.
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
weights and measures View Drop Down
Weanling
Weanling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weights and measures Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 12:25pm
Is it true that Willo has jumped onto Amelie's Star??????

Offs - after being on VM  which was brutally #willowed last Saturday what are the odds of another #willowing?

I thought at the 51kg Amelie's Star with Dee was near enough to a good thing - her sectionals last 2 starts have been excellent....

Now I am worried :(

Hoffy95 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hoffy95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 12:32pm
Yep he's got the ride unfortunately with Admire Deus ruled out. 

Shrunk in the Wash View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 7:08pm
13 is a horrible draw for her. Surely they roll the dice and go forward
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magnolian Khan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2017 at 12:56pm
If Craig gets this thing beat, I will personally hunt him down.
Sir Gov View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sir Gov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2017 at 2:12pm
Only bad luck has her losing this
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2017 at 2:14pm
Amelie's Star's grand final is the M.C and they certainly gave her a gut buster at Caulfield .       Pacemaker for Humidor.
   Williams gave her some work to do early and again set her alight approaching the turn .     Something had to give.
Expect a better showing come Cup day
Mug-Punter View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mug-Punter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2017 at 4:21pm
Originally posted by maccamax maccamax wrote:

Amelie's Star's grand final is the M.C and they certainly gave her a gut buster at Caulfield .       Pacemaker for Humidor.
   Williams gave her some work to do early and again set her alight approaching the turn .     Something had to give.
Expect a better showing come Cup day

Disagree completely which is why Weir was filthy on the ride! Another 1 just making up the numbers now imo.
The Mugg
Sunline View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2017 at 4:24pm
As is the case for many horses we'd like to make an excuse for or blame a jockey, Amelie's Star has no real claim to hard luck stories when you consider she had at least the equal run in the race of Single Gaze and was well beaten by that mare.

I'd be making an excuse for Lord Fandango, who I underrated, before Amelie's Star.
Sunline...simply supreme
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2017 at 4:41pm
Originally posted by Sunline Sunline wrote:

As is the case for many horses we'd like to make an excuse for or blame a jockey, Amelie's Star has no real claim to hard luck stories when you consider she had at least the equal run in the race of Single Gaze and was well beaten by that mare.

I'd be making an excuse for Lord Fandango, who I underrated, before Amelie's Star.

I understand you & mug punter completely.     . All opinion and we see our points. Mine is she was used to lead.   Then take a beautiful sit.    He stuffed her when he asked for a 800m sprint home. Going past Single Gaze rounding the turn.
That Cup was similar to a lotto draw.   Especially with the difficulties out wide. The Fav had a checkered passage too.   Whoever got that dream run near the rails = wins, Boom Time got it.
   When the all clear comes I'll have a little of the 40/1 A.S.

BTW Sunline. My heart bled for you when the $17 pop got nutted at Rd.
Sir Gov View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sir Gov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2017 at 7:37pm
Agree with you Macca - happy to go around with AStar.

Single Gaze was very brave
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2017 at 8:10pm
I'm just believing the obvious re AS - thought Williams was right to go forwrd on the day but needed to find a cosy spot to relax and couldn't.
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2017 at 8:10pm
Single Gaze almost always sits right on the pace, as she did in the Cup.

Amelie's Star doesn't usually do so, preferring to be given time and settle off them, as she didn't in the Cup.

Simple as.

stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2017 at 8:12pm
Yep.
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2017 at 8:42pm
"We had a really sticky barrier draw and the owners wanted to try and offset that barrier in a forward position."

https://www.racenet.com.au/news/what-the-jockeys-said-after-the-caulfield-cup-20171021

Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2017 at 8:49pm
So Williams listened to the owners and ignored the trainers wishes?  Confused
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2017 at 8:55pm
Originally posted by Second Chance Second Chance wrote:

So Williams listened to the owners and ignored the trainers wishes?  Confused

I doubt the trainer was surprised by Williams ride in either the Caulfield Cup or the Everest.
max manewer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2017 at 9:16pm
A different matter going back from a wide gate in a 2400m race, compared to a 1200m sprint, far more likely to be successful in the former. Obviously Craig became discombobulated by the constant criticism on TBV, and followed the urgers, and pressed forward.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678>