Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Bryce Stanaway

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 20>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Aurelius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2015 at 9:02pm
Originally posted by AndiCap AndiCap wrote:

Punters help put on the show and I have never been offered a free sanger- except by one bookie who offered me a beer and a sanger to bet with him-- not sure what that was about--

That's even more accurate.

No punter, no industry.

Poor bloody horses would of went hungry that night trainer eating all their hard food.

Hope he left them some hay.
Vincent View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vincent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2015 at 9:07pm
WTF has punting to do with today's events?
honi soit qui mal y pense
AndiCap View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndiCap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2015 at 9:10pm
How can you punt on runners scratched because of 'Sandwich' Going?
Tuft_it_Tees View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tuft_it_Tees Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2015 at 9:18pm
Originally posted by AndiCap AndiCap wrote:

How can you punt on runners scratched because of 'Sandwich' Going?
Well said, I wonder what they said over the public address system, 'scratched due to a down-grade in the catering facilities' LOL
marscay View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marscay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2015 at 9:46pm
Must have been some bloody good sandwiches is all i can say.

It's hilarious and puzzling at the same time.

Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2015 at 9:51pm
Official stewards report on sandwich gate

General

Trainer Mr Bryce Stanaway approached Stewards with a request to scratch his runners in Races 8 (Entirely Perfect (NZ) and Trinidadian) and Race 9 (Traveling Wilbury), as he was upset with the handling of a complaint made to the Pakenham Racing Club regarding the availability of refreshments in the owners and trainers room. Stewards advised Mr Stanaway that a withdrawal of his runners may incur a penalty, however Mr Stanaway stated that he was not prepared to start his horses under the circumstances and was intending to immediately leave the racecourse. Stewards considered his application and acceded to his request under the provisions of LR44(1)(b) at 2.33pm. After taking evidence from Club CEO Mr Michael Hodge, the matter was adjourned to a date and time to be fixed to consider whether any further action should taken.
Tuft_it_Tees View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tuft_it_Tees Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2015 at 9:51pm
The Power Of One Sandwich, by Bryce Stanaway ! Tongue
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2015 at 10:06pm
Many a time I've gone to an owner/trainer refreshment room for a sandwich, only to find they've run out & at the time of day Bryce would have been in there, there's no excuse, imo. However, some clubs' canteen staff are or were brilliantly accommodating, only too happy to even make up a round of your choice if they'd run out e.g. Bendigo Big smile
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
Pardon_My_Dust View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pardon_My_Dust Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2015 at 10:07pm
Originally posted by marscay marscay wrote:

I heard hey were Reubens. Sort makes sense then. :P
Pardon_My_Dust View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pardon_My_Dust Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2015 at 10:07pm
*they
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2015 at 10:14pm
Originally posted by Shawy38 Shawy38 wrote:

Official stewards report on sandwich gate

General

Trainer Mr Bryce Stanaway approached Stewards with a request to scratch his runners in Races 8 (Entirely Perfect (NZ) and Trinidadian) and Race 9 (Traveling Wilbury), as he was upset with the handling of a complaint made to the Pakenham Racing Club regarding the availability of refreshments in the owners and trainers room. Stewards advised Mr Stanaway that a withdrawal of his runners may incur a penalty, however Mr Stanaway stated that he was not prepared to start his horses under the circumstances and was intending to immediately leave the racecourse. Stewards considered his application and acceded to his request under the provisions of LR44(1)(b) at 2.33pm. After taking evidence from Club CEO Mr Michael Hodge, the matter was adjourned to a date and time to be fixed to consider whether any further action should taken.

Thanks for that Shawy38.

This to me makes it even stranger. Why did the Stewards allow him to scratch them, it was totally in their hands they should have simply said no.

If he left the course then punish him.

If a trainer is seen to have given a horse a needle of what ever, the Stewards do not give the trainer the choice to scratch do they ? They scratch the horse automatically. Why do they not allow the trainer to run its horse if they want to. And if it comes back with a positive to anything then punish the trainer.
reductio ad absurdum
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2015 at 10:19pm
Originally posted by Gay3 Gay3 wrote:

Many a time I've gone to an owner/trainer refreshment room for a sandwich, only to find they've run out & at the time of day Bryce would have been in there, there's no excuse, imo. However, some clubs' canteen staff are or were brilliantly accommodating, only too happy to even make up a round of your choice if they'd run out e.g. Bendigo Big smile
Gay I assume it is just a gesture & not a requirement to supply refreshments to the owners/trainers ?
Refer ALP Election Promises
doubledown View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doubledown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2015 at 10:27pm
I love it Bryce - don't take crap from no sandwich hating stewards.

#illeatwithyou
#snickers
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2015 at 10:29pm
I'm pretty sure the Vic. Trainers Assoc'n lobbied for it years ago & that it's obligatory or that's how I've always understood it but I could well be wrong - again Big smile
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2015 at 10:41pm
Well anyway I bet they have plenty of sangas available next mtg ! (however no guarantees on the quality of the fillings )
Refer ALP Election Promises
Lordy View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lordy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2015 at 11:36pm
He wanted a sandwich from the winners bar.  Obviously didn't think much of his chances in the last 2 races.
marscay View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marscay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2015 at 11:55pm
Originally posted by Pardon_My_Dust Pardon_My_Dust wrote:

Originally posted by marscay marscay wrote:

I heard hey were Reubens. Sort makes sense then. :P

I would take the same course of action having been denied a Reuben...i could goto war over a reuben under the right circumstances.
subastral View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote subastral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2015 at 12:07am
Originally posted by djebel djebel wrote:

Originally posted by crooked_gambler crooked_gambler wrote:

Had a big tantrum at Pakenham today and has taken his horses home.

See, I read this and I do not see Stewards having approved anything.

I read it as Stanaway has simply loaded them onto a truck and gone home without actually getting them scratched.

This is Bryce Stanaway training. There is no truck, they run home from the races. Gotta get them fit!!!
They are getting back...............now.
goldey View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goldey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2015 at 12:27am
I would of provided a sayo biscuit with topping if I was there to this sooky boy !
Tontonan View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tontonan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2015 at 3:54am
This comes on the back of Geoff Lane stealing Shane Anderson's sandwich at Caulfield yesterday.  

It's getting out of hand.  

Overdue View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Overdue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2015 at 10:25am
How many wheat bix can Bryce do?
Lordy View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lordy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2015 at 10:28am
Sometimes no matter how peeved you might be with a situation you should always consider how your reactions will reflect on you.
Ash View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2015 at 11:27am
Listened to Bryce's interview this morning. Clearly this is a guy who is passionate about the industry he loves. Sounded like the poor guy is exhausted and stressed from the grind of being a small trainer.

This morning he said he made a simple complaint to the CEO about the lack of food in the trainers room. Bryce's version is that the CEO was rude to him and told him if he wasn't happy to pack his horses up and go home. What is a proud man to do?

The issue is clearly not about a sandwich- it's about how smaller trainers are treated.
linghi11 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote linghi11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2015 at 11:37am
https://audioboom.com/boos/3345890-bryce-stanaway-trainer
to the victor
linghi11 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote linghi11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2015 at 11:38am
he's completely correct Thumbs Up ATA are a joke, they should lure the jockeys' rep...  
to the victor
goldey View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goldey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2015 at 11:39am
Originally posted by Ash Ash wrote:

Listened to Bryce's interview this morning. Clearly this is a guy who is passionate about the industry he loves. Sounded like the poor guy is exhausted and stressed from the grind of being a small trainer.

This morning he said he made a simple complaint to the CEO about the lack of food in the trainers room. Bryce's version is that the CEO was rude to him and told him if he wasn't happy to pack his horses up and go home. What is a proud man to do?

The issue is clearly not about a sandwich- it's about how smaller trainers are treated.

Possibly he may have considered the people who butter his sandwiches , ie the owners , clearly the owners of these horses that were scratched lost more than a sanga on the day. Especially if they had any all in bets on their commodities . With actions like this sandwich flipout he will remain a small team trainer for a while .
Heavy10 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heavy10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2015 at 11:40am
Wasn't he listed as owner?
goldey View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goldey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2015 at 11:43am
That's fair enough if he was sole owner of the horses scratched .
goldey View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goldey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2015 at 11:51am
Trinidadian , solely owned by Stanaway , the other 2 he is listed a part owner with 6 other and 7 other owners , wonder whether he consulted them all first .
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2015 at 11:57am
Trinidadian: sole owner

Entirely Perfect:  Mr B I Stanaway, Mr T T Jones, Mr G Dans, Mr W M Nairn, Mr R F Lane, Mr P J Tingate, Ms M E Ballis

Traveling Wilbury:
Mr B I Stanaway, Mr B J Sammut, Mrs C E Sammut, Mr S Sammut, Mr R K Mcglashan, Mrs J I Mcglashan, Mr N J Sammut, Mrs F Sammut
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 20>