Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Bryce Stanaway

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 20>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
linghi11 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote linghi11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2021 at 10:11pm
He’s not well and has been having some serious health battles but I’m confident his outburst would have been caused by genuine care for his horse. There was an unsavoury image circulating, of what happened to the mare’s neck from repeated attempts at injecting by the RV vet. 
to the victor
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2021 at 9:13pm
he sounds like a real charmer LOL
animals before people.
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2021 at 8:33pm

Trainer Bryce Stanaway said he felt his mare Moorabool's life was in danger when he acted to try and stop an industry veterinarian from treating the horse after it injured a tendon in a race at Bendigo last year.

Responding to questions from Justin Hooper, who was appearing for Racing Victoria stewards, Stanaway told the Victorian Racing Tribunal on Tuesday that he maintained his stance Moorabool's life was in danger when she was being attended to by a RV vet and barrier staff.

"The horse's heart rate is up and if you inject with haste, in the state she was in, you can kill them," he said.

"If they kept going the way they had, they would have (killed her).

"I didn't want the mare to undergo any more trauma."

Hooper asked Stanaway if he was being serious in his proposition and the trainer replied: "Well, probably not kill it but cause more damage to the horse than was already there."

Stanaway is facing seven charges concerning his conduct in the minutes after Moorabool was injured and later at his Torquay stables when RV vets came to inspect the mare.

While denying the charges of abusive language and of acting in a threatening manner, Stanaway said he had since apologised to two RV stewards as well as RV's chief vet Dr Grace Forbes for his conduct at his Torquay stables, when he initially refused officials entry.

He said he acted in such a manner because he felt the horse was still traumatised from the incident at Bendigo.

He said he acted the way he did over those few days as he was convinced he could take better care of his horse than the vets and he said he did not want the horse to go to a vet clinic for treatment to her tendon as she couldn't be boxed and needed her own paddock.

Moorabool was pulled up out of a race at Bendigo at the October 17 meeting last year and was sedated and had a splint applied by industry vet Dr Chris Heislers, who claimed Stanaway had later threatened to 'put down' for his work on the mare.

Earlier, an RV barrier attendant claims she was 'flustered and upset' when faced with an 'angry rant' by Stanaway as she helped tend to the injured mare on the racetrack.

Francesca Blount-Greene, who has worked with RV as a barrier attendant for the past two years, told the VRT she and her counterparts were among the first to the scene when Moorabool was pulled out of the race at Bendigo, and she later encountered an abusive Stanaway.

She said Stanaway was yelling at her on the track and later in the horse float.

"I don't believe anyone should have to go to their workplace and be spoken to and treated the way Mr Stanaway did," she told the three-member tribunal chaired by Judge John Bowman.

Later when holding the mare in the float, she said Stanaway entered the float and continued his abuse and allegations that she and RV vets were incompetent.

"I was flustered and upset as I was in an enclosed space with an angry, agitated person and I was worrying if the horse was going to get the proper vet care," she said.

"It was an angry rant. That's the best way I could describe it."

Stanaway said he wasn't talking in a threatening manner.

"I've got a loud voice," he offered.

Blount-Greene said RV had offered her counselling after the incident but that she declined.

The hearing continues on Wednesday.

Winning isn't everything, it's the only thing
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2021 at 9:11am

Trainer Bryce Stanaway has refuted the charge he had threatened to 'put down' an industry veterinarian after he gave one of the trainer's horses immediate treatment when it had been pulled up out of a race at Bendigo last year.

Dr Chris Heislers gave evidence to the Victorian Racing Tribunal on Monday that he heard Stanaway say words about shooting him after Heislers had sedated the injured horse Moorabool and organised a splint to be put on the mare's injured leg, which he had ruled was 'three-out-of-five' lame.

"I vaguely remember him saying he would shoot me or the horse or something along those lines," Heislers told the VRT. "I can't remember a lot of the specifics in regards to the words he used.

"He was very upset. He was very aggressive and intimidating and at one point in time came up close into my face a bit. I can't remember a lot of the actual words that were used. I was focussing on the injured horse.

"He was running up from the horse area, the mounting yard up the straight and I could hear someone shouting. He was angry, frustrated. I asked him who he was."

Justin Hooper, who was appearing for the stewards, asked the day's final witness, barrier attendant Daniel Baxter, what he heard Stanaway say to Heislers.

"He was doing a little bit of swearing and things like that," Baxter said. "He wasn't happy with what was happening.

"I don't think in the heat of the moment he meant it this way but he said 'I'll take the bloody horse home and put it down then put you down'."

Stanaway said he would swear on his life he didn't say those words.

"I didn't say I was going to shoot you or put you down," Stanaway said to the vet under cross-examination. "I said I'd be better off shooting the horse.

"You were under pressure. I was under pressure, but this got out of control.

"I hope we've got that straight that I didn't want to put you down."

The alleged threats form part of the seven charges laid against Stanaway over the incident near the home turn at Bendigo last October and later at Stanaway's Torquay stables.

Stanaway represented himself at the hearing and pleaded not guilty to all charges. He said 'acts of cruelty' were conducted on Moorabool on the track by RV vets and that was the cause of his angry mood.

The VRT said Moorabool had been pulled up by her rider Laura Lafferty at around the home turn at Bendigo and Heislers said he could immediately notice the horse was lame.

Heislers said he could see the horse was 'sinking down with the fetlock almost on the ground' and that there was swelling around the tendon.

In order to treat the leg, Moorabool had to be sedated but Stanaway said he resented a stallion chain being put on the mare and said she could not take a needle.

He later complained more injury might have been done to her tendon when she was getting the injection as she was hastily walking around in circles during the process when her leg should have been kept stable.

"You were under pressure because of horse welfare," Stanaway told the vet. "I understand that, but this mare is uninjectable. So, for you to do that, you must be a bit of a horse whisperer.

"I am a horse lover, not a horse killer, my horses come first."

Heislers said he had no doubt as to the treatment, which included the application of the splint, that the injured mare required immediately.

"I need to do this," Heislers said to Stanaway. "The horse is at risk if I don't do this. There is no harm in doing this, only something to gain.

"From an animal welfare point of view, the horse needed a splint, so I proceeded to put a splint on."

Stanaway later took the splint off the horse's injured leg and said he just wanted to get her back home and apply salt water, ice and a gel to help with inflammation.

Stanaway said Moorabool has since recovered and has been rehomed.

The hearing into charges including allegedly using threatening and abusive language, of intimidation, of engaging in abusive conduct and the obstruction of veterinary stewards in performing their duties, continues on Tuesday.

Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2021 at 10:37am
Crafty Cruiser has his first show today.
Magnolian Khan View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Magnolian Khan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2021 at 10:39am

Bryce Stanaway is prepared to walk away from the sport should he get rubbed out for abusing a vet and officials trying to inject one of his horses.

Trainer Bryce Stanaway is prepared to give up his license should charges of “threatening and/or abusive” behaviour in an incident at Bendigo last year stick.

The outspoken Torquay-based horseman will fight the matter before the Victorian Racing Tribunal in a three-day hearing set for June 21-23.

The charges follow an incident at Bendigo on October 17 last year after Stanaway’s horse Moorabool was eased out of a race in the home straight.

Racing Victoria will allege Stanaway acted in a manner prejudicial to the image, interests and welfare of racing towards a vet and handlers at Bendigo and then stewards after a subsequent stable visit.

“I’ve done the right thing by the horse and I’ve been punished,” Stanaway told the Herald Sun.

“I can’t believe I’ve done everything that I could to help the horse, I didn’t give a s--- about any humans beings, all I was worried about was that horse.

“I’ve been mistreated and tarnished by RVL.

“If this is the way they treat horses here in Australia I don’t want a trainers’ licence here.”

Stanaway will argue he became incensed after the race day vet and handlers ignored requests “to stop” trying to inject Moorabool with a sedative, because the mare cannot be needled.

Stanaway has documentation from a Geelong-based equine hospital to prove it is “virtually impossible to administer intravenous or intramuscular injections” on the mare, Moorabool.

“It looked like a butcher had tried to cut her throat,” Stanaway said.

“It looked worse than those things on TV with the ABC and I've got a witnesses to that, and they laid charges on me.

“I won't stand horse cruelty, they go on about whip use and all that, well, what they did to that mare, if I hadn’t have stopped them they would’ve killed her.

“A mare that you can't inject with a needle and they’re out in the middle of a racecourse trying to get a needle in it, you can’t even do that in the tie-up stalls.”

The matter will be contested before the VRT from June 21-23

Bonjour View Drop Down
    Champion
    Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Bonjour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2021 at 8:12am
    If Bryce is telling the truth and I have no reason to question that then I would put my support fairly behind him. Having bred, owned and trained a chronic 'anti-vaxer' and having had to warn the stewards about pre-race blood taking the stewards in NSW used their discretion and intelligence and sidestepped that procedure.

My mare would have either injured the vet, or herself and would not have performed to her capability. You couldn't tube her either, so urine sampling was the go to.......in an emergency we could use bute paste via mouth, however, if any vet had of forced themselves on her I would have reacted same or worse than Bryce. So many cowboy vets loose out there, and registered with respective racing bodies too.
    Shawy38 View Drop Down
    Champion
    Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2021 at 8:00pm

Torquay-based trainer Bryce Stanaway alleged he was being harassed when he initially refused to take part in a Victorian Racing Tribunal directions hearing on Wednesday into charges laid against him.

"Can you fellows stop harassing me," Stanaway asked when contacted by phone by the VRT to begin the 9:30am directions hearing, before informing the hearing, chaired by Judge John Bowman, that he had been advised by his lawyer in New Zealand not to take part.

His phone connection ended soon after but Stanaway was called again a few minutes later for clarification as to his pleas on the charges, where he said: "Why are you trying to pressure me into doing this?" he asked the VRT registrar.

"I am pleading not guilty to everything because what they did to that horse and nearly killed it needs to be brought out in public. I've got photos and videos and everything."

When told not guilty pleas to the charges meant next Tuesday's planned VRT hearing would need a new date because the County Court room was only booked for two hours, Stanaway said: "This is utterly ridiculous. I am prepared for the (April) 13th. I have prepared myself for this.

"You fellows are putting me under a lot of pressure with all these false charges."

Stanaway's direction hearing concerned charges that arose from the Bendigo meeting on October 17 last year, when his horse Moorabool was eased out of a race in the home straight.

Racing Victoria stewards will allege that Stanaway behaved in a manner that was prejudicial to the image, interests and/or welfare of racing and that he acted in a threatening and/or abusive manner to RV officials.

It will be also alleged that he refused to allow the RV veterinarian to provide emergency care to Moorabool on the track and/or otherwise sought to reverse care undertaken by the RV vet.

Stanaway was charged with two breaches of AR 228 for conduct detrimental to the interests of racing, one breach of local rule 94A for abusive conduct and one breach of local rule 94B for alleged threatening conduct.

He was also charged with a breach of AR 232(c)(ii) for obstructing or hindering stewards from inspecting Moorabool when stewards visited his property days after the Bendigo meeting in October and for further abusive conduct.

Stewards also charged him with allegedly failing to provide necessary veterinary treatment to Moorabool between the race meeting and at least the morning of October 20.

Judge Bowman confirmed the new dates for the VRT hearing over three days from June 21 to 23.

Shawy38 View Drop Down
    Champion
    Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2021 at 12:31pm
    After managing her first placing at start 30 last time out, Bryce's homebred mare Dancing with Fire (by Mawingo) has won her maiden at start 31 over 1850m at Edenhope
    Clap
    Sister Dot View Drop Down
    Premium
    Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Sister Dot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2021 at 12:12pm
    So true Bonjour, if you have no compassion for horses and no regard for their welfare, get out of the racing game I reckon....
    Bryce sounds like a good man. What is his low winner ratio put down to? Inferior training methods or poor quality horses? Or a catch22 where lack of early results has compounded into not getting good horses offered, and not enough cash available to purchase enough of them to snag a good one..
    “Where in this wide world can man find nobility without pride, friendship without envy, or beauty without vanity? Here where grace is laced with muscle and strength by gentleness confined”
    Shawy38 View Drop Down
    Champion
    Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2021 at 8:56am
    His other warrior Crafty Cruiser is the boss, he goes to the races as a pony for his stablemates.
    He loves to get back to the racetrack, even though he doesn't race anymore.
    Shawy38 View Drop Down
    Champion
    Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2021 at 8:55am
    If you are on twitter, his daughter Anita has some video footage of Costano Mille and her paddock mate Knucklemanna, most of Bryce's horses stay on the farm for life, they love it. They are also involved with Pony Club.
    slowdown View Drop Down
    Champion
    Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote slowdown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2021 at 6:09am
    Well said Bonjour. I don't know a thing about the guy either but it is not only the right thing to do I am sure if they have ability they will do the it best for you in return by treating them well
    Rebel - racing. Lionel - in work. Glory - spelling. Ray - spelling. A Wee Nip - in work.
    Bonjour View Drop Down
    Champion
    Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bonjour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2021 at 4:54am
    The way to define this bloke is to watch what happens next. If he re-homes his horses, successfully I mean, or provides a caring OTT himself then he is to be congratulated, I don't know him from clay, but there are some that say his horses always look good, are well cared for and there is an open show of affection and caring at track work and Raceday.

In fact it's how we should all be defined if we work with horses......full stop.
    Foxseal View Drop Down
    Champion
    Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Foxseal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2021 at 7:10pm
    Originally posted by spinner spinner wrote:

shame, had its hoof on the till Confused
    Well Costano Mille was 3rd of 11 at her second last start.  Not sure what that says about those horses that finished behind her LOL
    spinner View Drop Down
    Champion
    Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2021 at 12:57pm
    shame, had its hoof on the till Confused
    Second Chance View Drop Down
    Champion
    Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2021 at 5:57pm
    Look at the results and starting prices:

3rd of 12
    ARAT 07Feb21
    Pacific Crest
    (Torquay)
    ARAT 07Feb21 2000m Good4 MDN-SW $23,000 ($1,840) Ms Alexandra Bryan (a) 59.5kg (cd 57.5kg) Barrier 8
    1st Yuanno 59kg, 2nd Cianna 57.5kg 2:06.54, 2.75L, 5th@800m, 7th@400m, $81/$61/$91/$81
    12th of 12
    ARAT 07Feb21
    Ozymandias (NZ)
    (Torquay)
    ARAT 07Feb21 2000m Good4 MDN-SW $23,000 Ms Alana Kelly (a) 59.5kg (cd 57.5kg) Barrier 3
    1st Yuanno 59kg, 2nd Cianna 57.5kg 2:06.54, 6.7L, 12th@800m, 12th@400m, $101/$91
    9th of 12
    ARAT 07Feb21
    Ianrex (NZ)
    (Torquay)
    ARAT 07Feb21 2000m Good4 MDN-SW $23,000 ($575) Ms Christine Puls 59.5kg Barrier 2
    1st Yuanno 59kg, 2nd Cianna 57.5kg 2:06.54, 5.25L, 2nd@800m, 3rd@400m, $151/$101/$151
    7th of 11
    ARAT 07Feb21
    Twelve Gauge
    (Torquay)
    ARAT 07Feb21 1300m Good4 MDN-SW $23,000 ($575) Neil Farley 59.5kg Barrier 8
    1st Lola Olivia 57kg, 2nd Tobytoff 59kg 1:18.85, 3.35L, 8th@800m, 7th@400m, $21/$21
    10th of 10
    Y VL 06Feb21
    Compulsive (NZ)
    (Torquay)
    Y VL 06Feb21 1968m Good4 0 - 58 $22,000 ($550) Michael Carson 55.5kg Barrier 1 Rtg 49
    1st High Done (NZ) 59kg, 2nd Cape Mount 60kg 2:05.07, 10.4L, 7th@800m, 9th@400m, $151/$101
    5th of 9
    Y VL 06Feb21
    Takahe (NZ)
    (Torquay)
    Y VL 06Feb21 1514m Good4 MDN-SW $23,000 ($690) Michael Carson 59.5kg Barrier 7
    1st Dundirtcheap 59kg, 2nd Tictoc Tictoc 57kg 1:32.88, 5.05L, 6th@800m, 7th@400m, $101/$101
    9th of 10
    WNBL 05Feb21
    Pacific Crest
    (Torquay)
    WNBL 05Feb21 1700m Soft5 MDN-SW $23,000 ($575) Jarrod Fry 59.5kg Barrier 1
    1st Halo's Quest 57.5kg, 2nd Yensir (GB) 59.5kg 1:47.39, 16.4L, 10th@800m, 10th@400m, $51/$71/$91/$101
    7th of 10
    WNBL 05Feb21
    Dancing With Fire
    (Torquay)
    WNBL 05Feb21 1400m Soft5 MDN-SW $23,000 ($575) Jacob Opperman (a) 57.5kg (cd 55.5kg) Barrier 10
    1st Tapping 57.5kg, 2nd Don't Forget Dad 59kg 1:26.99, 9.3L, 10th@800m, 10th@400m, $91/$61/$91/$101
    10th of 11
    SANH 03Feb21
    Faltonius
    (Torquay)
    SANH 03Feb21 3000m Good4 BM70 $50,000 ($1,000) Harry Grace (a) 54kg (cd 51.5kg) Barrier 1 Rtg 51
    1st Darvin (IRE) 57.5kg, 2nd Miss Five Hundred 55kg 3:11.24 (600m 35.59), 16.95L, 7th@800m, 8th@400m, $91/$81/$91/$101
    9th of 11
    SANH 03Feb21
    Ventura Highway
    (Torquay)
    SANH 03Feb21 3000m Good4 BM70 $50,000 ($1,000) Teodore Nugent (a) 54kg (cd 52.5kg) Barrier 5 Rtg 52
    1st Darvin (IRE) 57.5kg, 2nd Miss Five Hundred 55kg 3:11.24 (600m 35.59), 15.45L, 4th@800m, 6th@400m, $101/$101
    9th of 11
    GEEL 27Jan21
    Dancing With Fire
    (Torquay)
    GEEL 27Jan21 1509m Good4 MDN-SW $35,000 ($700) Harry Grace (a) 57.5kg (cd 56kg) Barrier 8
    1st Kanzai (NZ) 57.5kg, 2nd Albanian Eagle 56kg 1:33.73 (600m 36.62), 8.95L, 10th@800m, 7th@400m, $101/$151/$201
    7th of 9
    GEEL 27Jan21
    Costano Mille (NZ)
    (Torquay)
    GEEL 27Jan21 2212m Good4 MDN-SW $35,000 ($700) Campbell Rawiller (a) 57.5kg Barrier 3
    1st Myers Reward 58kg, 2nd Northeast Express 59.5kg 2:21.47 (600m 37.71), 16.9L, 8th@800m, 9th@400m, $101/$61/$71/$81
    7th of 11
    GEEL 27Jan21
    Takahe (NZ)
    (Torquay)
    GEEL 27Jan21 1509m Good4 MDN-SW $35,000 ($700) Campbell Rawiller (a) 59.5kg Barrier 5
    1st Kanzai (NZ) 57.5kg, 2nd Albanian Eagle 56kg 1:33.73 (600m 36.62), 6.1L, 9th@800m, 10th@400m, $101/$151
    8th of 9
    GEEL 27Jan21
    Ozymandias (NZ)
    (Torquay)
    GEEL 27Jan21 2212m Good4 MDN-SW $35,000 ($700) Harry Grace (a) 59.5kg (cd 58kg) Barrier 9
    1st Myers Reward 58kg, 2nd Northeast Express 59.5kg 2:21.47 (600m 37.71), 17L, 9th@800m, 8th@400m, $51/$61/$71/$81
    9th of 9
    GEEL 27Jan21
    Ianrex (NZ)
    (Torquay)
    GEEL 27Jan21 2212m Good4 MDN-SW $35,000 ($700) Declan Bates 59.5kg Barrier 7
    1st Myers Reward 58kg, 2nd Northeast Express 59.5kg 2:21.47 (600m 37.71), 19.25L, 4th@800m, 7th@400m, $151/$101/$151
    Foxseal View Drop Down
    Champion
    Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Foxseal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2021 at 5:45pm
    Considering Costano Mille generally raced in the 2000-2400m range, it’s amazing that her biggest payday was running 2nd in the Hotham Maiden over 1200m at Ballarat in 2019.

Was kinda hoping she’d crack it for a win somewhere before retiring.
    monty1 View Drop Down
    Champion
    Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote monty1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2021 at 4:02pm
    Thank god for that, this bloke is embarrassing for the game. 
    Shawy38 View Drop Down
    Champion
    Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2021 at 1:22pm
    After being a late scratching on Sunday, Bryce has pulled the pin on Costano Mille

COSTANO MILLE (NZ) 

9yo Chestnut Mare
    D.O.B: 16-Nov-2011
    by ISTIDAAD (USA)  from JAVALOUSHE (NZ)
    View Pedigree Report

StatusRetired
    Stewards EmbargoesCurrent - 07-Feb-2021, Not To Race (Vet Certificate)
    Last Gear Change*25-Jan-2021, Pads (Front), On
    Trainer
    Racing Colours
    CareerSummary: 123-0:9:5    Prizemoney: $121,348     
    1st Up: 3:0-0-0    2nd Up: 3:0-0-0     
    Track: 31:0-2-3    Dist: 17:0-2-3    Track/Dist: 8:0-1-2 
    Firm: 0:0-0-0     Good: 58:0-3-2     Soft: 34:0-2-3     Heavy: 30:0-4-0    Synthetic: 1:0-0-0

Sister Dot View Drop Down
    Premium
    Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Sister Dot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2020 at 9:40am
    Plus if the pics were taken shortly after the race, the horse would be still hot and full of adrenalin? Injuries don’t hurt till later on. Can’t understand anyone denying or reversing vet treatment. Sounds strange Ouch
    “Where in this wide world can man find nobility without pride, friendship without envy, or beauty without vanity? Here where grace is laced with muscle and strength by gentleness confined”
    TJMitchell View Drop Down
    Champion
    Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2020 at 11:02am
    Always gotta put 'allegedly' in there gay Wink just in case
    Time is a flat circle
    Gay3 View Drop Down
    Moderator Group
    Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2020 at 10:20am
    You need to copy/paste that link fwiw Wink That alleged 'damage caused by attendants' looks distinctly like a several days old boil, not far away from bursting, again, fwiw Big smile
    Thanks TJ Big smile

Edited by Gay3 - 30 Oct 2020 at 12:19pm
    Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
    TJMitchell View Drop Down
    Champion
    Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2020 at 10:11am
    Originally posted by robbo robbo wrote:

His daughter posted footage of the horse in question shortly after the supposed significant injury and there doesn't seem to be any lameness in the bandaged leg, with the horse seeming quite bright. Definitely two sides to the story on this one.

Did you see the picture she posted of it's mouth from injuries allegedly caused on course while vet was trying to inject the horse? No wonder he blew up.

Time is a flat circle
    Shawy38 View Drop Down
    Champion
    Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2020 at 8:57am
    Moorabool is now listed as retired fwiw
    robbo View Drop Down
    Champion
    Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2020 at 8:19am
    His daughter posted footage of the horse in question shortly after the supposed significant injury and there doesn't seem to be any lameness in the bandaged leg, with the horse seeming quite bright. Definitely two sides to the story on this one.
    Shawy38 View Drop Down
    Champion
    Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2020 at 7:44am
    That’s him
    Pardon_My_Dust View Drop Down
    Champion
    Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pardon_My_Dust Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2020 at 6:47am
    Is Stanaway the one with all the 50 start maidens or horses that have had 100 runs for 2 wins etc.
    Shawy38 View Drop Down
    Champion
    Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2020 at 6:45am

Bryce Stanaway has been issued with a string of charges relating to alleged conduct prejudicial to the interests, image and welfare of racing.

The controversial Torquay trainer allegedly clashed with Racing Victoria officials and veterinarians at Bendigo racecourse on October 17 and in subsequent days at his stable following an injury to his horse Moorabool.

Stanaway is alleged to behaved in a “threatening and/or abusive manner” after Moorabool was eased out of the TAC Handicap at Bendigo.

Stewards reported the horse had a “significant injury” to its near foreleg after being retired from the race by apprentice Laura Lafferty.

RV said the horse was attended to on track by barrier staff and an RV vet before Stanaway arrived at the scene.

“The stewards allege that Mr Stanaway then behaved in a manner that was prejudicial to the image, interests and/or welfare of racing; that he acted in a threatening and/or abusive manner to RV officials,” RV said.

“He refused to allow the RV veterinarian to provide emergency care to Mooraboolon the racetrack and/or otherwise sought to reverse care undertaken by that RV veterinarian.

“As a result of his actions at Bendigo racecourse on the day of the meeting, Mr Stanaway has been charged with two breaches of AR228 for conduct detrimental to the interests of racing; one breach of LR94A for abusive conduct; and one breach of LR94B for threatening conduct.

“The stewards and another RV veterinarian then sought to conduct a welfare inspection of Mooraboolat Mr Stanaway’s licensed premises at Torquay on 20 October 2020, where it is alleged he requested that they vacate his licensed premises, refused them access to inspect Moorabool, and otherwise acted in an intimidating and/or abusive manner.

“As a result of this, Mr Stanaway has been charged with one breach of AR232(c)(ii) for obstructing or hindering the Stewards from inspecting Moorabool; and one breach of LR94A for intimidating and/or abusive conduct.

“Mr Stanaway was also charged with one breach of AR231(1)(b)(iii) for allegedly failing to provide necessary veterinary treatment to Mooraboolbetween the race meeting and at least the morning of 20 October 2020.”

The charges will be heard by the Victorian Racing Tribunal on a date to be fixed.

Lopartega View Drop Down
    Yearling
    Yearling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lopartega Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2020 at 11:58am
    In the 1st today at Yarra Valley even the racecaller was taking the p1ss out of the Stanaway runners. It was quite amusing.
     Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 20>