Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

RIP Richie Benaud

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tuft_it_Tees Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2015 at 1:01am
Even "Pal" would agree with me. Or maybe not, he really is very contrary, whale.
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2015 at 1:20am
 don't contaminate the thread with all that garbage...

Desert War, Rain Lover, Latin Knight, Hay List, Mustard...my turf heroes...
questions View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote questions Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2015 at 6:31pm
i had no idea how revered he was as a commentator until mick jagger commented when the rights to the cricket were changing hand about 10 years ago and benaud would no longer be hosting the cricket, he said that the summer season would not be the same without him and i remember thinking that this is how i would feel whe richie no longer is the first person you saw at the start of the 1st of the cricket season. the fact that someone that has so much would stil feel the same as i suggests that richie was something special to alot of people no matter where they come from.

and i think it is more special when you consider it is for so many different reasons. he symbolized so much of this country and what we love about it from the attacking sportsmen to the fact he could take a joke about him and it did not seem to bother him. his greatest asset was his silence and he used it masterfully. 

in the end, put it simply he comes across as a great family man first and foremost. then a great australian and a great sportsmen and a great commentator. such a brilliant life and i feel he has been part of my life and my childhood and my adulthood and i have no doubt that many others feel the same and i will never forget him. 
"it's not gambling if you're absolutely sure you're gonna win" Barney Stinson
Tuft_it_Tees View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tuft_it_Tees Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2015 at 10:35pm
Watching TV news of Richie's memorial service, I was struck by the resemblance of Richie's widow to her departed husband, it is a peculiar fact, but not uncommon, for long time couples to grow together in appearance as well as mannerisms. Strange, but true.
Redemption View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Redemption Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2018 at 1:31pm
Originally posted by Tuft_it_Tees Tuft_it_Tees wrote:

I hate it when people only say "nice" things about the departed. We all know there is a little skeleton in the cupboard somewhere. Otherwise we may finish up with Saint Richie !

Do people believe what Fiona Barnett has since said about Richie Benaud?
I had never heard of those allegations. Very sad if its true.
crooked_gambler View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crooked_gambler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2018 at 1:33pm
I thought he was already dead
This space has been intentionally left blank
crooked_gambler View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crooked_gambler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2018 at 1:33pm
Oh just realised this is old post. Whoops
This space has been intentionally left blank
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Redemption Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2018 at 1:38pm
Is there an ongoing investigation into the allegations against people Fiona Barnett is naming?
From what Im hearing, many people are willing to start coming forward.

Was she silenced or something while he was alive? Do people even believe its true?
I had no idea about the allegations.

He was one of my fave commentators. Feel sick even reading about it.
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2018 at 1:56pm
Absolute garbage.  Kim Beasley alsoimplicated.  Wacko
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Redemption Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2018 at 5:36pm
Originally posted by Second Chance Second Chance wrote:

Absolute garbage.  Kim Beasley alsoimplicated.  Wacko

Kim Beasleys father?

Was there or is there a genuine investigation into all of this?
why were no arrests made?
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2018 at 6:02pm
Oooh I love a nice Satanic ritual.Evil Smile
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2018 at 6:04pm
Now that I think about it, what's the difference between a Satanic ritual and a Catholic ritual?Confused They both wear crazy outfits and sacrifice children.
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2018 at 6:06pm
Who is Fiona Barnett and what did she allege ?
I always think its suss when no one comes forward until the accused is dead and cant defend themselves.
animals before people.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2018 at 6:10pm
Originally posted by acacia alba acacia alba wrote:

I always think its suss when no one comes forward until the accused is dead and cant defend themselves.

I'm going to challenge Muhammad Ali to a fight soon- stay tuned.Tongue
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2018 at 6:15pm
Originally posted by Tlazolteotl Tlazolteotl wrote:

Originally posted by acacia alba acacia alba wrote:

I'm going to challenge Muhammad Ali to a fight soon- stay tuned.Tongue

Luv it
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Redemption Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2018 at 7:16pm
So if these very serious allegations are false, is Fiona Barnett going to be charged/sued for false allegations/defamation? 
Why hasnt she been sued yet??
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2018 at 7:36pm
Why does this piece of trash interest you?
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2018 at 8:06pm
This is Australia. She's a victim, and she can do and say as she pleases, the Social Justice Warriors are making the rules now.
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2018 at 8:45pm
The person's a nutter, simple as that.  Not unlike Brooke one might possibly suggest.Clown
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Redemption Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2018 at 3:36pm
She has named multiple people.
The question is, why isnt she being sued for defamation?
She had made very serious allegations.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2018 at 8:51pm
Originally posted by Redemption Redemption wrote:

Anybody living?Wink
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Redemption Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2018 at 10:38am
Bob Carr?
Bob Hawke?

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2018 at 11:25am

Bob Carr?
Bob Hawke?

Prince Charles? Frank Sinatra? Dalai Lama?
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Redemption Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2018 at 2:02pm
you seem rather defensive. any reason why?
asking questions about serious allegations, bizarre replies.

aussie aussie aussie, oi oi oi
ploise exploin
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2018 at 2:11pm
When and where does she make these allegations ?
reductio ad absurdum
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2018 at 2:17pm
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2018 at 6:20pm

you seem rather defensive. any reason why?
asking questions about serious allegations, bizarre replies.

aussie aussie aussie, oi oi oi
ploise exploin

Used to be that the delusional thought they were Jesus or Napoleon or the like. Now they think they were victims of a famous persons pedo ring.Tongue
Tontonan View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tontonan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2018 at 9:19pm

Fiona Barnett in her own words...

"The Australian wing of this child trafficking operation is coordinated by ASIO (Australian Security Intelligence Organisation). During the 1970s and 80s, Labour Party politician Kim Beazley Snr headed ASIO’s child trafficking operation. Under Kim Beazley’s administration, I was prostituted, at age 6 years, to a pedophile orgy at Parliament House in Canberra, where I was raped by then Prime Minister Gough Whitlam, Attorney-General Lionel Murphy, and Governor-General John Kerr. During this same excursion, future Prime Minister Bob Hawke raped me in a suburban backyard near Canberra, and former President Richard Nixon raped me in the back of a US / CIA military plane at Fairbairn, Australia’s main military airport where Airforce One lands when it visits.

After this, I was child sex trafficked from Sydney airport to California, USA, in a cargo plane. I was gassed and stuffed in a wooden crate like an animal. During this trip, I was raped by media founder Ted Turner at a pedophile party held at Disneyland, and I was trafficked to the annual summer camp at Bohemian Grove attended by notable politicians, businessmen and other VIPs. I was raped by Reverend Billy Graham in a pink bubble themed cabin at Bohemian Grove. Billy Graham told me his good buddy Richard Nixon had recommended me to him. At Bohemian Grove, I was one of a group of children dressed as teddy bears and hunted for sport by men in the forest, to the theme song Teddy Bears Picnic. I also witnessed the ritual murder of a woman by male guests dressed in black Luciferian robes."

She also claims Whitlam and Kerr were gay lovers, that Beazley, Ritchie Benaud and Bruce Spence were key players in the ritual beheading of a dozen children at the Bathurst Town Hall (and claims the authorities failure to DNA test the stage to be proof of a cover up.  And there is also a secret underground railway constructed over thousands of kilometres between Holdsworthy Army base, the Lucas Heights nuclear reactor and the American Pine Gap base in central Australia.

Oh, and she is 'certifiably sane' according to her psychologist friend.  She had herself tested. 

JudgeHolden View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JudgeHolden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2018 at 10:15pm

I’ll have a stab at that one- because the woman is clearly bonkers. Only a moron would take this stuff remotely seriously, so who would bother going to the effort and expense to sue for damages when there is no “damage”? Your reputation is still intact, you wouldn’t get anything, and if you’re after money she probably doesn’t have two bob to rub together anyway.

Just let the poor woman be.
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2018 at 10:19pm
Not sure I'd like to live in Brooke's world
Refer ALP Election Promises
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>