Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Community - Public Forums > General
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Feelgood Stories - Animal Related Only

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 21>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2018 at 1:33pm
Holy Dooley did anyone watch the horses in the Royal procession last night ?  Crammed in those small streets with thousands of people leaning over, shouting and waving flags right under their noses, for all that distance ?   4 or 6 Horse Guards leading . Then 2 ridden greys in front of the harnessed 4, then a large troop of Horse Guards behind, with 2 other out riders on greys.  The near side ridden grey was the only one who was really upset .  The rest were absolutely amazing to watch.    That one grey slow cantered the whole way , and half  way down the High Street he intended to do a bolt but his rider got him under control, and he paced with his patrner until he got half way up the Long Walk , where he took off sideways, swung his bum, and almost took out a barrier, but again his rider controlled him and got him back on track.  That would have to be one of the best works of horsemanship I have ever witnessed by the rider of that horse, and I bet their wrists , and thighs, were jelly when they dismounted, and I bet their shoulders ache today.  Except for that horse , which still stayed in parade the entire way, those horses, under those circumstances, were amazing.  Awesome .
animals before people.
ThreeBears View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThreeBears Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2018 at 11:50pm
I was lucky enough to go inside the stables at the Palace on tour one day AA and get up close and personal with the grey fellas.  Really wonderful animals with a great temperament. They get the best of care in a great yard. That rider on the rogue pony sure did a good job yesterday. I bet it's back to training camp for that big grey to improve his manners - that or the sack.  

Funny bunny -

Ferris Cocky -

acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2018 at 1:58pm
animals before people.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2018 at 2:03pm
Hope the link works.  Thats just one small part of that horse,s effort on the day.
I have been into the Royal stables too, but it was many years ago and guess its changed a lot now.  It used to be a ritual for me when living in London , to go down and watch the changing of the horse guards,  as they trooped down the Mall, and see if one got dumped.  LOL  I can actually remember being near by on the day the IRA blew them up , and wonderful old Sefton turned tail and headed back to barracks with his juglar pierced with a nail.
animals before people.
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2018 at 4:40pm
Pitbulls in pajamas.

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThreeBears Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2018 at 3:51am
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2018 at 9:37pm
Dizzy View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2018 at 9:47pm
I gave this on the wall at work. Cows are just so curious. Love them. Also come from a dairy farming family so grew up with them.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2018 at 10:23pm
Its a great pic.  Can anyone find the one of the cat walking thru an avenue of police dogs with the caption " tho I walk thru the valley of death " .    Similar to the above of dog and cows.  
animals before people.
Dizzy View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2018 at 10:29pm
That one is just amazing AA. Just don't have it on this device.
Isaac soloman View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Isaac soloman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2018 at 10:50pm
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2018 at 10:58pm
Image result for tho I walk thru the valley of death police dogs cay
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2018 at 10:59pm
Originally posted by Dizzy Dizzy wrote:

I gave this on the wall at work. Cows are just so curious. Love them. Also come from a dairy farming family so grew up with them.

One day when I get a little older Dizzy I'll tell you what the cow said to the farmer.
Dizzy View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2018 at 11:00pm
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2018 at 12:42am
I knew PT would find it for me Thumbs Up  Excellent, and thanks.  Just love it. 
animals before people.
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2018 at 11:41am
I really should of taken a photo of our red setter who helped raise a litter of abandoned kittens.  Too busy to think about that I guess but he really looked after them and loved them and they were the gentlest cats I've ever known.  Never scratched the tormenting toddlers who wanted to play with them but sometimes trod on them or fell on them ect.  He really imprinted his nature on them.  Nurture over Nature?
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2018 at 12:01pm
When i was young we aquired a female cat, and dog, both strays and both preggers, at the same time.  Both had babies  the same week, and they spent the entire time pinching each others babies.  Those babies got moved from bed to bed all day long.  Back and forth.  They would get settled in, fed, washed thoroughly and just get to sleep and kitty would go for a walk, and doggy would come move them all to her bed,,wash and feed them, and get them to sleep, and go for a walk, and kitty would come and steal them all back to her bed.  All day every day for weeks. The babies had no idea what they were .  But boy they turned out to be beautiful animals. 
Like you say, Furious.
animals before people.
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2018 at 3:18pm
Animals can do some madly wonderful things sometimes aa.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2018 at 3:28pm
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThreeBears Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2018 at 11:11pm
Mrs Bear sent me these  two today - both great but one is a kid not an animal ... not supposed to work with either.

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThreeBears Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2018 at 4:20am
Old mates ......

https://twitter.com/invisibleman_17/status/999894531750354946
https://twitter.com/invisibleman_17/status/999894531750354946
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2018 at 1:01pm
This portrays the lengths some animal lovers will go to despite not even owning them.
This story unfolded in Delhi so English isn't her 1st language & it' would take me ages to edit!

Priyanka
Hello all,

I have a beautiful story to tell, started in pain, progressed in sadness/worries and have a happy ending 

Almost 95% of my friend lists are animal lovers, so I want all of you to read this story. Kindly bear with such a long post, but I assure worth reading it.

This will be an inspirational story where true loves, hard work, dedication, perseverance, never give up attitude and prayers can only lead to a success. I am taking time to narrate this long story because it wil benefit someone, sometimes in their life.

Introduction: Hero of the story a pet dog named “Chiti”. Chiti is my neighbors doggy, 1.4 yrs old now. He is a mongrel. Right from his puppy stage he had been thru a very tough phase. Right after his adoption, his family has to move to a different house where dogs are not allowed there, so they left him on road. They moved to two streets away from his place. So he struggled a lot for food and survival. He eats food where we feed to our other stray dogs and cats (actually they won’t allow him to eat, we feed him secretly). One fine day after about 6 months his parents came to their own place and chiti was safe and happy there. Though he wont get sufficient food and water and comes out to eat at our feeding time, he atleast had a shelter to rest and sleep.

This should not have happened to chiti: On dec 7th 2017, wen chiti was 11 months old, this disaster happened. It was a night time around 10 p.m. Chiti after having his dinner came out for his night walking, here I am busy feeding my stray kids, suddenly I heard chiti crying in pain, running here and there all panic, all the other dogs start to bark a lot, huge noise all over for about five minutes, chiti went inside his home, I thought that someone had hit him on his legs and that scene ended like that. Next day morning just to check how is chiti, I went to his home, there I saw his eye injury. YES, actually someone has thrown a big stone on him and his right eye has popped out (pic 1). I really didn’t expected this. I advised them to take to vet asap, they promised yes, but didn’t. There happened the first mistake, bcus if he was treated immediately he would not have lost his eye and had to go thru so much. One day passed, they completely ignored and neglected chiti, so I had to take him to vet. I took him to vepery (pic 2) and there the vets asked me to come the next day for surgery. So on the day of surgery chiti’s parents didn’t cooperated with me, so again one day delay. Meanwhile Chiti, out of pain, rubbed his eye and his nail got deep inside the wound and the eyeball has damaged completely (pic 3). So it was very clear that his eye has to be operated and removed.

As many of you are aware that I am not working anywhere for one and half yrs now and full time into rescues and all my savings have been washed out by this moment. So I posted in fb for any kind of help for Chiti’s treatment. I didn’t get any response. So on someone’s advice, with no option left, without delaying further, I quarreled with his family, rescued him and admitted him in blue cross for surgery and treatment. He was given a token number for follow up (pic 4). With no help arrived, I admitted chiti in blue cross on December 13th. Surgery happened on 15th. I went to check on him on 16th (pic 5 & 6). His eyes was operated and removed by then.

Waiting period: I was waiting for his post operative period to be over and the stitches to be removed. I used to call them daily for an update, I got the info that he is doing well. One week passed, two week passed, same reply. I insisted them to release back on my area. But no response. So again I have to book an auto rickshaw and went to bring him home. I asked them to finish the formalities and send chiti with me. Shockingly then only they are searching for him. I was made to go to all the departments there asking for him. None of them knew about his whereabouts. Some told me that he might have shifted to thodukadu, near sriperambadhur, where they have their other shelter for physically handicapped dogs. I argued them how can they do this, because he is not an orphan dog and I promised to take him back and given all my details there. Surprisingly none of mine or Chiti’s information is recorded there in their ledger. I have personally filled a charge sheet at the time of admission, that too went missing. I really got upset and asked them without informing how can they shift? They promised me that they will check there and get back to me.

Days passed, I made frequent calls to almost everyone there, but still no information. so I had to travel there, went personally to thodukadu, (pic 7) shown his pic to the caretakers there, but they said that Chiti was not taken there. With disappointment I returned. I have no idea on wat had happened to chiti. So daily I went there asking for him. All the doctors there promised me that they wil find and hand over my chiti to me somehow. During that time one lady care taker revealed the actual thing which has happened, that after my visit on 16th he tried following me and he was caught and tied immediately. The next day that is on 17th he again tried to follow my way out. Nobody have stopped him and thus he ran away from the shelter and went missing. This info I got only at the end of January.

Searching time: I really had no idea on wat to do with this irresponsible act of blue cross and also its already so late that he went missing from there, so not to waste a single day from then on, started my search in a full swing from February. Initially I had no idea from where to begin, where to search and all. I asked the blue cross staff wat all the possible way to run away from the shelter. All have said that only thru the main gate entrance the dogs will run away and there is no other way out to escape. So I started my search from the main gate itself. Drive and walk to all the places where I feel like he would have gone.

One month passed like this and meanwhile I gathered info about local and international Animal Communicators (AC’s) who can refine my search and help me on this. Many had advised me to go for Indian AC’s as they tell the location properly, which turned out to be a very bad advise ever, bcus I landed up with few of the Indian AC’s who are only money minded, swindled my money, cheated me, never responded me properly and all their clues were completely wrong. As days passed I have done a lot of ground work, never stopped searching, was able to reach some efficient international AC’s . But clues were all still vague, most of my friends told me that don’t believe ac’s, it’s a myth, no such thing exist etc, etc, etc. But just imagine this city is like a ocean and Chiti is like a pin dropped in it, how can I find him without an external support. So I had to believe all of them.

I travelled almost all the places in the city, each and every street, every lane from corner to corner, not just the main roads alone as someone criticized me that I am covering only the main road, don’t remember who it was. It was not like that, I know Chiti will be hiding somewhere and definitely it won’t be a main road. I wake up at 3 am, get ready and start my search and come back home only by 11 pm. This happened daily thru out feb, march and till april mid. No luck favoured me. I distributed flyers (pic 8), pasted, given advts in papers, still no luck. April 19th or 20th I believe, from then I have come across so many angels who are scattered all over the world and living in different places. The first angel I met online was Paula Rebeiz Archontis who was a beginner in AC and the best coordinator ever. She has introduced me to the other angels on earth Angèle Deane, Tercia Visser, Barbara Ellis, Tasso Nhw, who created a group in messenger and started to help me from then on. I have not ignored a single clue, gave importance to all the clues I got, went to all the places which they dowsed and told me. But still no luck.

It was on May 10th all of them have completely dedicated themselves only to find Chiti. Their energy, time, soul, love and prayers have spent vigorously. I too have become so exhausted by this time, but never lose hope and didn’t want to give up at all. We all as a team started to search, me physically and they spiritually. The clues they gave this time was so precise, the connection they made with chiti was so amazing and the place came thru dowsing was so accurate. Again I distributed flyers, made my search still more refined. It was on may 19th (last Saturday) I got a message saying that a dog resembles chiti is inside the race course. I asked him to send pics and videos (video 1). I don’t feel that he is chiti. He has completely transformed to a bad shape. But I really don’t want to miss the chance, so I rushed immediately to the spot and yes it was Chiti, who has completely become thin, lost all his fur, become so weak, I really could not recognize him. But he responded to his name, all the marks, features and the collar matched (video 2) (pic 9). From there I took him to Dr.Thanigaivel clinic and admitted him, vaccinated him, injected for his skin problem, dewormed and was in antibiotics till yesterday and I discharged him today (pic 10) and Chiti is back home after 5 months and 13 days.

Chiti is sooper dooper happy on seeing his mom, though they does not want him, he loves them a lot. All my effort is only to make him unite with his family, I know he loves his mom a lot (much precious and awaited video no.3) and I really don’t want him to struggle with his one eye in a strange place and I badly wanted him in his territory back. My effort have succeeded finally. (pic 11)

Blue cross atrocities: I really wanted to register about it here. The trauma, the mental and physical stress which me and Chiti undergone all these months is actually because of them. They are very very irresponsible. During the search made I saw three dogs with their token roaming around the streets, I am sure that they too must have escaped. I cannot take pics as I was driving, took only one pic, attaching here (pic 12). How can such a management be so irresponsible? I have really had so many sleepless nights’ just bcus of them.

During my initial stage of search I asked them is there any other way to escape, but they were so adamant in disclosing the back spot which leads to the race course. If they have informed me then I would have found my chiti when he was in a good shape itself. I checked there too initially but I was not allowed inside as only their staff and guests were allowed and not the strangers. But they could have easily found him right. Everyday I been there, if they tried checking there once this five months stress would have been avoided. Chiti have become so weak and thin, he must have starved for food definitely. Now who is responsible for this? What answer they have for this? Just because my funds have been washed out in my other rescues I have admitted him in blue cross, but the expenses involved during the search, who will take care of it now?

I printed the flyers, paid so many AC’s, reward to the informer, transportation charges, who will refund me? I have borrowed loan from my friend to meet these expenses, I have to return to her, who wil give that to me? So please blue cross don’t do this to others. This is really painful. You are responsible for all my loss. Poor chiti, nobody on earth should suffer like him. Right from his childhood he gone thru so much difficulties and still he has to. (Mrs.X, who claims herself as an animal activist recently is the root cause for all of this, bcus on her advice and promise only I took him there, Mr.Volunteer who promised me to update regularly failed to do so, mrs.caretakers who took money from me to take care of him, but actually didn’t cared for him, Mr.chief doc and other doctors who were only good at giving false promises, Mr.Management staff who never bothered to answer my calls after I raised a complaint, Mr.front office staff who never registered my details properly and above all the person whom everyone tagged in my lost post, the Mr.So and so, never bothered to leave a comment or call me or was not ready to answer me, you were all so mean and irresponsible).

I sincerely request all if you leave your pet there please do a follow up and visit daily and don’t fall for fake promises and money minded people inside. Its only last week after so many request a staff inside revealed me that there is a way out which directly leads to race course, very late info though.

Thanks giving: As this is a five month story I cannot narrate everything which happened every day. This summary itself has become such a big post. But apart from the things explained here I have gone thru a LOT. So many criticism, so many discouragement, really so much that I cannot put up in words. But I sincerely wanted to thank each and everyone who tried to help me in reaching my Chiti. I have requested so many to help me physically on my search, but none of them volunteered themselves. Its only me, my sister and my friend who helped me with funds. Only 3 of us were on foot involved searching.

Yes I wanted to thank (in no particular order) Paula Rebeiz Archontis who took so much effort in referring people, she posted in so many groups on my behalf, literally begged experts to help me. Angèle Deane mam who were constantly connecting with chiti and helping me, whose clues almost matched, her dowsing was so close just 200 meters difference, Tercia Visser who taught me animal communication and made me to connect with chiti by myself, she has taught me a lot, Barbara Ellis who keeps on telling me that I have not searched in the place where chiti actually is, yes I did not checked there except one time during my initial search, it gave me a spark to check there again, last but not the least Tasso Nhw who has combined all the clues, worked on it and her dowsing was very accurate, Chiti was in the place marked by her.

You know what people, they done all this for free, not asked for anything in return. All they wished, prayed and wanted is chiti gets united with me. Thank you so much darling angels. I love you all. Please be with me forever. And I thank my Chiti too for bringing in so many good souls in my life and I honestly thank God who made all this possible. God is always great.

I had to edit the post as I missed to thank another sweetheart who were helpful too. Not all Indians AC's are cheaters, I found a best AC in India too in this journey. Her clues too matched n I should say her dowsing is perfect, just an km difference. Thanks a lot dear Akshaya V Kawle and sorry for missing you out. You are the best AC here and I could refer to others too.

Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThreeBears Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2018 at 1:13pm
Golden Retriever? Looks a lot like a Labrador to me. The pup on the other hand .....

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThreeBears Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2018 at 1:16pm
Desperately seeking love and attention ....

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Isaac soloman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2018 at 3:47pm
Thoeun Theap with his favourite rat, Mr Magawa.

Meet the 'hero rats' clearing Cambodia's landmines

By freelance correspondent Zoe Osborne

Updated Sat at 9:44am  http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-05-26/hero-rats-clearing-cambodias-landmines/9799632

Thoeun with a rat on his head

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Isaac soloman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2018 at 3:50pm

Sausage dogs set sizzling pace as Dachshunds dash for top dog honours

Updated Sun at 7:20am

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-05-26/tasmania-dachshunds-dash-for-top-dog-honours/9803494

Sausage dog in costume

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2018 at 7:51pm
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThreeBears Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2018 at 11:19am
This could easily represent a few forum protagonists ..... 

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2018 at 12:15am
Love them.  Keep them coming.  
animals before people.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Isaac soloman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2018 at 11:59pm

Meet Rooster Girl, the rooster-crowing magpie who has won the hearts of rescue volunteers

Updated Tue at 5:00am

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-05-29/rooster-crowing-magpie-wins-hearts-of-rescue-volunteers/9807568

Magpies are known and loved for their flute-like sounds, but not Rooster Girl — the rescued magpie prefers to crow like a rooster, hence the name.

She was brought in to the Mandurah Wildlife Rescue in Dawesville, an hour south of Perth, two years ago and at the time made a very different sound.

"We think she came from around the Greenfields area because she'd also do an ambulance sound that she occasionally still does," Mandurah Wildlife Rescue treasurer Sara Nolan said.

Eventually, Rooster Girl learnt to do her now-famous crow.

"There was another magpie in an adjacent cage that crowed like a rooster and that's why we think she's doing it now," Ms Nolan said.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 21>