Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Community - Public Forums > General
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Feelgood Stories - Animal Related Only

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 21>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThreeBears Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2018 at 10:52am
ThreeBears View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThreeBears Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2018 at 10:53am
Creepy big bird at opening ceremony = correction
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2018 at 7:58am
Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

I saw that this morning on tv in some channel's regular cute animal video segment, and they said the owner followed  the corgi and found him up on top of the pony riding it around in the dark 

I am no expert on corgis or how high they can jump, but from what I can see of them they struggle to keep their tackle off the ground with those stumpy little legs, ket alone launching like a cat up there

I called #fakenews on it 

without a doubt...I once owned a corgi and no way could it get on even a miniature horse...

but my next door neighbour's German Shepherd used to climb the stairs of a huge (old fashioned) slippery-dip and slide down...

Desert War, Rain Lover, Latin Knight, Hay List, Mustard...my turf heroes...
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2018 at 8:49am
Sort of animals, but very cute and clever, like puppies escaping their cages in the pound.Smile

Isaac soloman View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Isaac soloman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2018 at 11:08am
funny, strange pt you think them cute and clever as most viewers thought them creepy.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2018 at 11:42am
Funny you never ''get'' irony Isaac.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Isaac soloman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2018 at 11:58am
irony? is that what you call it pt?

well there you go and i thought you were being serious all along. 
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2018 at 12:17pm
Ingenious but also interesting that they've used legs vs, wheels, perhaps with a view to coping with steps/stairs.
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2018 at 12:30pm
They have everything covered Gay

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThreeBears Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2018 at 2:04pm
Reported today that a would be poacher has been found dead after being eaten by a lion pride. A loaded gun was founded near his snacked on corpse. Good work lions!

Hello to Melati and Mya Thumbs Up

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThreeBears Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2018 at 2:05pm
Mrs Bears comment - "Was the name on the gun D.Trump Jnr?"  LOL
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2018 at 3:17pm

This beautiful image of a gorilla hugging her caretaker, titled "Pikin and Appolinaire," just won the People's Choice Award in the 2017 Wildlife Photographer of the Year contest.

acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2018 at 4:28pm
Originally posted by ThreeBears ThreeBears wrote:

Reported today that a would be poacher has been found dead after being eaten by a lion pride. A loaded gun was founded near his snacked on corpse. Good work lions!

Hello to Melati and Mya Thumbs Up

Good work lions, indeed !Clap   Any idea where that happened, 3Bs ??
animals before people.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2018 at 4:37pm
It happened on the weekend in Sth Africa. The lions ate his body but left his head intact.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThreeBears Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2018 at 4:58pm
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2018 at 10:52pm
Thank You 3Bs. Thumbs Up  Go the lions. Clap Just left his sick head, probably because it was full of s**t.  Sick
Some other good reads there as well.
animals before people.
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2018 at 11:40am
https://www.sbs.com.au/food/article/2018/02/19/what-kind-milk-meet-dairy-farm-starting-revolution

Photos in the article Smile

Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThreeBears Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2018 at 10:38pm
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2018 at 11:17pm

Grateful rescue dog to warm your heart -

yeah...great stuff three Bears. Animals are just great...just so sad when they don't get the love they crave...cheers
Refer ALP Election Promises
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2018 at 7:35am
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2018 at 11:23am
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThreeBears Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2018 at 3:45pm
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThreeBears Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2018 at 3:46pm
Could be a TBV member that cat .... but which one?
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ThreeBears Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2018 at 3:57pm
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2018 at 10:45am

Could be a TBV member that cat .... but which one?

PT . Big smile
animals before people.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2018 at 11:42am
I had a beautiful grey Burmese similar to that cat AA. They are very intelligent creatures, but suffer with respiratory problems
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2018 at 12:36pm
All cats are intelligent , PT Thumbs Up  Smarter than a lot of people I reckon. Big smile
animals before people.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2018 at 12:46pm
Cats are, but for sheer delight in just being, it is hard to beat baby goats in pyjamas LOL
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Isaac soloman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2018 at 1:34pm
Here's what happens when you leave your camera on the ice in Antarctica. These curious emperor penguins seized the opportunity for a selfie 📸
http://ab.co/2FjQ8OZ

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Isaac soloman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2018 at 10:25pm

Dogs found guarding elderly Tasmanian owner's body weeks after death found new homes

Updated about 6 hours agon old man dies. Alone except for his two old dogs, Indigo and Blue.

They stayed by his side for weeks until his body is found.

It's the sort of tragic story that makes people wonder how it could happen, and often ends sadly for all involved — including the faithful pets.

That was the scenario faced by Tasmania Police when they entered a property in the north of the state to check on the welfare of the occupant.

While nothing could be done for the elderly owner, the police called the local dog catcher, Des, who "has a way with animals" according to Emma Haswell, the founder of Brightside Farm Sanctuary.

Des called Ms Haswell, who had already heard about the dogs.

"The owner had died, and no-one knew, and he had been dead for two weeks when the police found him," she said.

"His two dear old dogs protected him and wouldn't let the police go near him, they were guarding their owner.

"It would have been very stressful for the dogs and very difficult for them when the police came in and they didn't know what was going on. They were very, very protective. Apparently the police weren't game to go near them.

"Nobody from the family could or would take them, so their future was looking pretty grim, so I said I would [find them a new home]."

The two old dogs are believed to be 10 and 12 years old, and Ms Haswell said it was likely they would have been euthanased."I was amazed. They were the most beautiful dogs. They were adored. You just want to squeeze them," she said.

"They are mother and daughter, so the [red] heeler is the mother, and the kelpie-cross is the daughter.

"When I took them to their new home, I took them out into the garden to explore and it was just gorgeous. The daughter kept looking back and checking on the mother as they wandered around — they're really bonded.

"They're well cared for and in good health."It's not always easy to find the right home for older dogs. They often have complicated and expensive medical problems.

A friend of Ms Haswell's was sceptical when she said she was going to find them beautiful homes.

"And I rang her about five hours later and said 'Guess what? they've got the best home!' and it's with an incredibly good vet who does mainstream vet work, but also does acupuncture and all those things," Ms Haswell said."She took another old dog from me once before … a 10-year-old shepherd that had been left out the back of a fish and chip shop and had been in a terrible state of ill health — he could hardly walk.

"And he looked and behaved like a five-year-old dog by the time she had finished with him."

Ms Haswell said it was a good story among those of the swathes of abandoned and unwanted animals that people want her to take each week.

"Just pages of animal surrenders for the past six weeks — it's just insane. Every day getting numerous calls about dogs, heaps of rabbits, guinea pigs — it's very difficult when you can't say yes to them all," she said.

"It's nice when you can just pluck some animals out of something awful and just transfer them straight into paradise, it's just a really good feeling."

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 21>