Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Community - Public Forums > General
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Feelgood Stories - Animal Related Only

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 21>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThreeBears Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2018 at 3:11pm
So why did the chicken cross the road? .......

ThreeBears View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThreeBears Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2018 at 1:13am
Look closely to the very end ...... and if you miss it watch the end again!

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThreeBears Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2018 at 5:36pm
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThreeBears Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2018 at 2:15am
Is it trying to send a Tweet?

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThreeBears Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2018 at 2:21am
Just off to fetch some dinner - wont be long!

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThreeBears Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2018 at 11:03am
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThreeBears Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2018 at 11:10am
The very definition of "As pissed as a parrot"

acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2018 at 4:17pm
That parrot in above Vid is very entertaining.  I put seed out for the wild ones here, and it doesnt take long for them to get quiet.  I can walk out thru them now, and all they do is tell me off for interrupting their free feed.  They must pass the word around as more and more turn up .
animals before people.
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2018 at 5:42pm
Cats in hats ringing for food.

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThreeBears Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2018 at 12:31pm
Hawk rescue -

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThreeBears Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2018 at 2:30am
In search of the second best name for a cat -

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThreeBears Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2018 at 12:25pm
I'm off on an extended break so I'll leave you with this joyful piece of nature. It's the epitome of why many like animals more than their fellow human beings -

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThreeBears Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2018 at 1:08pm
It takes a cat to sort out a farting dog ...

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2018 at 1:18pm
A mob of 11 emus has caused a traffic jam in Outback New South Wales. http://www.7plus.com.au/news 

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThreeBears Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2018 at 12:42am
Don't leave your crap on my bench ......

Isaac soloman View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Isaac soloman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2018 at 10:37am

Gay penguins steal baby from ‘neglectful’ parents from Denmark Zoo

Staff reporterThe West Australian

And when they saw an opportunity to become them they seized it.

But the decision by two gay penguins to steal a chick from a ‘neglectful’ mum and dad caused a ruction at a Denmark Zoo.

According to Danish media, the pair ‘witnessed’ the parents of the young male chick leave for a swim prompting them to take matters into their own flippers.

When the parents returned, the pair refused to surrender their “foster child” sparking a battle between the mumma and pappa penguin and the ‘adoptees’.

Eventually zookeeper Sandie Hedgegard Munck stepped in, rescuing the chick and reuniting him with his birth parents.She explained to Danish publication DR the baby wasn’t alone for long when the gay penguins swooped in.

“I think the female has been out to get her bath, so then it was the male’s turn to care for the kid,” she said.

Ms Munck said the father may have left leading the (gay) couple to think the chick had been abandoned and that it was their chance to seize the baby.

She said while the mother desperately searched for her missing baby, the father was fairly nonchalant throughout the ordeal.

“I know that the female is very caring for the kid, and she is also very aggressive to us animal lovers if we get too close to the kid. I could not imagine she would leave it, while the male is a bit more relaxed and might find it hard to go a little away,” she said.

Once it became apparent the gay couple were not going to give up their “foster child” she intervened reuniting the chick with his parents.

But not all was lost for the very clucky gay couple.

The pair were given their own egg to nurture.

thewest.com.au/news/wildlife/gay-penguins-steal-baby-from-neglectful-parents-from-denmark-zoo-ng-b88974343z

The battle for the baby penguin.

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Isaac soloman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2018 at 1:49pm
A GOLDEN retriever has saved a koala joey from death in a miraculous rescue that stunned the pet’s owners.HERE’S a very Australian story to warm your heart.

A gallant golden retriever has been hailed a hero after saving an abandoned baby koala’s life by letting it snuggle in her fur.

Proud dog owner Kerry McKinnon got the shock of her life after discovering the tiny koala joey snuggled up with her five-year-old golden retriever Asha earlier this week.

The 45-year-old from Strathdownie in western Victoria said the koala likely became separated from its mother during the night and wandered onto her back porch, finding comfort in Asha’s warm fur.

With temperatures in the area plummeting to 5C in the early hours, Kerry said that the helpless koala “never would have made it through the night” if it hadn’t been cuddled up to Asha.

The golden retriever’s heroic feat has since gone viral on social media, with the adorable photos of the unlikely duo racking up hundreds of likes and shares online.“It was quite early in the morning, and my husband yelled out to me to come have a look at something” Kerry said.

“I didn’t know what he was talking about at first but then I saw this tiny koala snuggled on top of Asha.”

The mum-of-three admits the moment got the better of her, and she wasn’t exactly supportive of her dog’s efforts.“I just burst out laughing. Poor Asha didn’t know what to think, she just kept looking at me with such a confused look.

“She looked a bit guilty when I came out to see what was going on. Her expression was hilarious.“She kept looking back at the koala but she wasn’t trying to get him off her or anything. She was happy to let him snuggle into her.

While nobody knows exactly how the koala ended up with Asha, it’s likely it was suddenly separated from its mother, as the joey was clearly young enough to still be living with her.

“I think the baby koala fell out of his mum’s pouch and didn’t know what to do.

“He would have just wandered over to our back porch and seen the dogs in their beds, then decided to snuggle in Asha’s fur because it’s nice and warm“Asha definitely saved the koala’s life by keeping him warm. He would have died out there if left alone all night. The poor thing could have been taken by a fox or something too.”

Kerry said it “wasn’t easy” trying to separate the two — with the koala putting up a “huge fuss” when she tried to remove it from Asha’s back.She said the little joey is doing well after being checked out by a vet — and is now being looked after by a local koala carer until it can be released back into the wild.

Kerry said: “I think dogs have that protective instinct. The koala didn’t want to leave Asha’s back.

“When we took the koala off to wrap it in a blanket, it hissed at me and carried on.

“I think it would have been happy to have just slept there all day. It was really an amazing thing to see and so uniquely Australian.”

She said the little joey is doing well after being checked out by a vet — and is now being looked after by a local koala carer until it can be released back into the wild.

Kerry said: “I think dogs have that protective instinct. The koala didn’t want to leave Asha’s back.

“When we took the koala off to wrap it in a blanket, it hissed at me and carried on.

“I think it would have been happy to have just slept there all day. It was really an amazing thing to see and so uniquely Australian.”

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Isaac soloman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2018 at 1:50pm
Asha was protective of the lost joey, and kept him warm all night without trying to remove him from her back. Picture: Kerry McKinnon/Caters News
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Isaac soloman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2018 at 1:51pm
The joey clung tightly to Asha’s back and didn’t want to be removed. Picture: Kerry McKinnon/Caters News
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Isaac soloman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2018 at 11:35am

Horse causes panic after galloping through a bar in France

A young racehorse trained near the world-famous Chateau de Chantilly escaped her handler and bolted for the nearest sports betting bar, sending panicked customers scampering for safety.

According to newspaper Ouest-France, trainer Jean-Marie Beguignem said he lost control of the horse as he led her from a stable to the racecourse, located about 50 kilometres to the north of Paris. He said the horse had a penchant for running away.

"There was quite a panic. I still can't quite believe it happened," bar owner Stephane Jasmin told Reuters.

< ="https://imasdk.googleapis.com/js/core/bridge3.239.1_en.#goog_974285165" allowfullscreen="" allow="autoplay" width="788" height="443" style="-sizing: inherit; font: inherit; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; vertical-align: line; border-width: 0px; border-style: initial; color: inherit; width: 10787px; height: 443.25px; opacity: 1; : relative;">
< ="vjs-play-control vjs-control vjs- vjs-paused" ="" title="Play" aria-="false" style="-sizing: inherit; -webkit-appearance: none; font: inherit; border-width: initial; border-style: none; border-color: initial; -: initial; -: 0px 0px; -size: initial; -repeat: initial; -attachment: initial; -origin: initial; -clip: initial; transition: none 0s ease 0s; : relative; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; height: 30px; width: 4em; flex: 0 0 auto;">Play
< ="vjs-mute-control vjs-control vjs- vjs-vol-0" ="" title="Unmute" aria-="false" style="-sizing: inherit; -webkit-appearance: none; font: inherit; border-width: initial; border-style: none; border-color: initial; -: initial; -: 0px 0px; -size: initial; -repeat: initial; -attachment: initial; -origin: initial; -clip: initial; transition: none 0s ease 0s; width: 4em; height: 30px; : relative; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; flex: 0 0 auto; cursor: pointer;">Unmute
Current Time 0:21
/
Duration 1:08
Loaded: 0%
Progress: 0%

< ="vjs-fullscreen-control vjs-control vjs-" ="" title="Fullscreen" aria-="false" style="-sizing: inherit; -webkit-appearance: none; font: inherit; border-width: initial; border-style: none; border-color: initial; -: initial; -: 0px 0px; -size: initial; -repeat: initial; -attachment: initial; -origin: initial; -clip: initial; transition: none 0s ease 0s; : relative; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; height: 30px; width: 4em; flex: 0 0 auto; cursor: pointer;">Fullscreen

A horse runs into a bar ...

After escaping her stables in Chantilly, France, a racing horse runs through a bar scattering customers.

The horse ran from one end of the bar to the other before turning around and charging back through, still bucking its legs and crashing into tables and chairs, Jasmin said. The incident took place on September 24.

Chantilly is home to the Great Stables, a veritable equine palace that was used to shoot scenes in the 1985 James Bond film A View to a Kill.

Reuters

www.watoday.com.au/world/europe/horse-causes-panic-after-galloping-through-a-bar-in-france-20181002-p5077n.html

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Isaac soloman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2018 at 11:35am
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Isaac soloman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2018 at 11:36am
A racehorse looking for a beer and a betLOL
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2018 at 12:20pm
Jeff CoxCOMPASSION:
A female gray whale had become entangled in a spider web of crab traps and lines. She was weighed down by hundreds of pounds of traps that caused her to struggle to stay afloat. She also had hundreds of yards of line rope wrapped around her body, her tail, her torso, and a line tugging in her mouth.
A fisherman spotted her just east of the Faralon Islands (outside the Golden Gate Bridge) and radioed for help. Within a few hours, the rescue team arrived and determined that she was so badly off, the only way to save her was to dive in and untangle her, a very dangerous proposition. One slap of the tail could kill a rescuer.
They worked for hours with curved knives and eventually freed her!
When she was free, the divers say she swam in what seemed like joyous circles. She then came back to each and every diver, one at a time, nudged them, and pushed gently thanking them. Some said it was the most incredible and beautiful experience of their lives.
The guy who cut the rope out of her mouth said her eye was following him the whole time and said he will never be the same.
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2018 at 12:36pm
Originally posted by Gay3 Gay3 wrote:

Jeff CoxCOMPASSION:
A female gray whale had become entangled in a spider web of crab traps and lines. She was weighed down by hundreds of pounds of traps that caused her to struggle to stay afloat. She also had hundreds of yards of line rope wrapped around her body, her tail, her torso, and a line tugging in her mouth.
A fisherman spotted her just east of the Faralon Islands (outside the Golden Gate Bridge) and radioed for help. Within a few hours, the rescue team arrived and determined that she was so badly off, the only way to save her was to dive in and untangle her, a very dangerous proposition. One slap of the tail could kill a rescuer.
They worked for hours with curved knives and eventually freed her!
When she was free, the divers say she swam in what seemed like joyous circles. She then came back to each and every diver, one at a time, nudged them, and pushed gently thanking them. Some said it was the most incredible and beautiful experience of their lives.
The guy who cut the rope out of her mouth said her eye was following him the whole time and said he will never be the same.

beautiful story Gay, unfortunately mistreatment and cruelty are in the majority Ouch
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2018 at 9:55am

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Isaac soloman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2018 at 3:54pm

Liam Neeson and Russell Crowe claim horses recognise them from movie to movie

Updated 49 minutes ago

Dramatic-actor-turned-action-star Liam Neeson claims a horse he worked with on his latest film recognised him from a previous gig, with Russell Crowe backing up the story.

The ruggedly handsome Northern Irishman, who forged his reputation on powerful performances in movies such as Schindler's List and Michael Collins before more recently reinventing himself as an ageing action hero, said at the New York Film Festival that his equine co-star in The Ballad of Buster Scruggs knew him from a Western they once worked on together.

"I play a traveling impresario. We filmed in New Mexico. The odd thing is the horse who pulls my wagon knew me," he told Page Six.

Neeson said he made an impression on the horse through his kindness on an earlier film, possibly 2014's A Million Ways to Die in the West or, at a stretch, 2006's Seraphim Falls.

"You won't believe it. I'm saying this horse knew me. He actually remembered me from another Western we made a while back," revealed Neeson.

"I love animals. When we worked together before I took special care of him. I fed him treats. Gave him apples."

Neeson did not reveal the name of the horse, but said he knew it knew was him by the way it greeted him.

"He whinnied when he saw me, and pawed the ground," he said, describing what many would consider to be standard horse behaviour.

Crowe backed up Neeson's story on Twitter, saying he was lifelong friends with horses called George and Rusty.

This is absolutely true . There’s a horse George who I gave the speech in the forest in Gladiator on. Years later he was on the set of Robin Hood and we would have a chat everyday.
Same with the white horse Rusty in Robin Hood we chatted again on Les Mis. Lifelong friends.

Whether you believe the 66-year-old actor or think he may have spent too long playing make believe, there is no doubting Hollywood has a long history of fomenting relationships between its stars and their steeds.

James Stewart and Pie

Legendary actor James Stewart appeared with his favourite horse Pie in 17 Westerns.

According to Stewart, Pie was "one of the best co-stars I ever had" and would "act for the cameras when they were rolling".

"He was a ham of a horse," he said.

When Pie died in 1970, Stewart had him buried at his California ranch.

Viggo Mortensen and every horse

Argentinian-American heartthrob Viggo Mortensen actually published a book of photographs called The Horse is Good.

In an interview with AMC TV, he said: "As far as getting along with the horse, the same rules apply anywhere, with any horse, to some degree.

"Every horse is different, and even the same horse is different on any given day," he said.

"But if you show them a certain respect, and you don't try to force them to do things, you end up getting better results, and — on a practical level — it will make shooting a movie that requires you to actually be riding a horse easier."

Mortensen rode a bit in the Lord of the Rings trilogy, but really got to practice his childhood talent on horsey movie Hidalgo.

He ended up buying two of the horses he rode in Lord of the Rings, and his favourite version of the five that played Hidalgo, called TJ.

"I had no intention of buying a horse off of this movie. But with TJ he was … I don't know, I just got to really, really like him. He's got such a unique, strong personality."

John Wayne and Dollor

Iconic Western star John Wayne did not actually like horses, according to a biography written by Garry Wills, and would only ride while filming.

He did, however, develop a special bond with a sorrel gelding called Dollor, and liked it so much he signed an exclusive rights contract with its owner, the Dick Webb Movie Company.

Dollor featured in movies such as Big Jake and True Grit, and was even mentioned by its real name in The Shootist.

Dollor died at the age of 27 in 1995, and was reportedly stuffed.

Elizabeth Taylor and King Charles

Elizabeth Taylor may have had numerous husbands but there was only one horse for her: King Charles. She knew the horse from her country club and personally chose him to be her co-star on National Velvet.

The horse was apparently a massive pain on set, biting crew members and such, but it did respond well to a 12-year-old Taylor.

She was gifted the horse for her 13th birthday and kept him at her California stables for years.

Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2018 at 9:01am

This man quit his corporate job to travel around Australia with his cat, and their bond is inspiring thousands

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2018 at 11:57am
A deer entered a shop in Colorado. The shop owner gave him some chocolate biscuits and chocolate. He left the store and returned half an hour later with all his family members

Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2018 at 12:39pm
Heart
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2018 at 12:42pm
not a gun shop then ?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 21>