Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Hartnell

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 31>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2015 at 1:40pm
Originally posted by breeding_above_all breeding_above_all wrote:

Hartnell is beautifully bred and you would be confident he will stay the trip BUT there seems to be absolutely 0 love for Protectionist. He made a mockery of the field on MC day and tbh this wouldn't be a better field imo.

Hartnell is much better placed- form-weight-distance credentials- than anything Protectionist faced in MC.
Newtown Old Boy View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newtown Old Boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2015 at 1:46pm
Originally posted by 3blindmice 3blindmice wrote:

Thanks Daylami. Found this video of the Ascot raceday which includes the Hartnell 2M win at 38m mark and the incredible win of  Eagle Top over Adelaide (18:40m mark)

Did get a bit tired late but with 52kgs the risk might be he forgets there's a jockey on and goes to sleep. Convinced me he's as near a certainty in a G1 as you can get.
Contributer is also in that package about 8m mark.
James Bond Esq View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote James Bond Esq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2015 at 1:50pm
Yes, all we do in Australia now is import horses.
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2015 at 1:53pm
Originally posted by James Bond Esq James Bond Esq wrote:

Don't forget we also dig up rocks and gelati.Tongue
Speediskey View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speediskey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2015 at 1:56pm

I'm sure we would actually export more then we import, but anyway.

Go and have a look at the Inglis sale buyer list and tell me we import more then we export, a lot of our top horses are sent overseas as yearlings.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2015 at 1:58pm
Originally posted by Speediskey Speediskey wrote:

Go and have a look at the Inglis sale buyer list and tell me we import more then we export, a lot of our top horses are sent overseas as yearlings.

Yeah, that horse breeding is getting in the way of digging up rocks- it will have to go. Priorities, man!
3blindmice View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2015 at 2:04pm
Thanks NOB. Super run by Contributer
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote James Bond Esq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2015 at 2:08pm

You know how it works.

Export to 1,400.

Import 1,400 and upwards.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speediskey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2015 at 2:12pm

You know how it works.

Export to 1,400.

Import 1,400 and upwards.

They buy more then just sprinters as yearlings from here.

Look at So You Think's offspring, they're not going to be sprinters the vast majority, but roughly half so far at Easter are going overseas, to places like Hong Kong/SA.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote James Bond Esq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2015 at 2:17pm
Gr8. So You Think was a bit of an anomaly. Given it was the best Australasian horse since perhaps Kingston Town and if it stayed in oz may have beaten Pinker Pinker, Ocean Park and Shamus Award to sneer 5 Cox plates in a row.

When we have horses from Australia consistently contesting and winning our major 2,000 metre races again; come and talk to me.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speediskey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2015 at 2:21pm

Gr8. So You Think was a bit of an anomaly. Given it was the best Australasian horse since perhaps Kingston Town and if it stayed in oz may have beaten Pinker Pinker, Ocean Park and Shamus Award to sneer 5 Cox plates in a row.

When we have horses from Australia consistently contesting and winning our major 2,000 metre races again; come and talk to me.

So You Think was just the quick example, they also have bought about half the High Chaps as well as half the Street Cry's.

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote James Bond Esq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2015 at 2:32pm
Which are really sons and daughters of imports.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speediskey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2015 at 2:34pm
Yes, which is completely irrelevant. They're our breeding stock now, with our mares. We bred them and are now exporting them.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote James Bond Esq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2015 at 2:38pm
Yes you are right. Apologies.
Sunline View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2015 at 7:38pm
Originally posted by subastral subastral wrote:

Originally posted by Sunline Sunline wrote:

He's a moral on Saturday.

Only has one danger and that's Who Shot Thebarman, and he meets him 1kg better at the weights for a beating.

Probably hasn't been a bigger moral in this race since Tie The Knot.

Surely Protectionist is a bigger danger?

If you asked me a couple of months ago if have absutely agreed. But I believe on what we've seen this prep WSTB is going better than last prep while Protectionost is going worse.

Between them, there is a 2kg pull to WSTB from the Melb Cup. Not enough on what Protectionist did to WSTB in the Cup. But then consider WSTB beat Protectionist and produced a better run in the BMW when they carried the same weight, and they now go to 3200m (arguably each appreciates it as much as the other) and WSTB gets 3.5kg off Protectionist.

If Protectionist beats Hartnell I'll be shocked. If he beats WSTB I'll be surprised but it's certainly possible as he's open to sharp improvement up to 3200m. But it's undeniable that WSTB is better suited at handicap at the weights given their respective performances at WFA in the BMW.
Sunline...simply supreme
Sunline View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2015 at 2:54pm
Gee he's looking good in trials.

SOB cost me a fortune in the Sydney Cup.
Sunline...simply supreme
Bonfield View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bonfield Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2015 at 8:05pm
Won't be having another run until the Turnbull, then the Cox Plate. Hmm. If he was fat first up over 1600m not sure if he's going to be fit enough for the Turnbull 2nd up.
Gee Gee View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gee Gee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2015 at 11:45pm
^ Perfect.

Sunline View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2015 at 12:09am
They'll fit a trial in.

It won't take much for this horse to go from everyone's tip to win everything, to finishing the prep winless.
Sunline...simply supreme
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2015 at 10:25am
I've heard people who should know better gushing like tweenagers about the barrier trials of two horses in the last month- Hartnell and Redzel.
Lordy View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lordy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2015 at 10:48am
Barrier trials are very deceptive and often don't transfer to race day performance.  I think they are a useful guide for horses coming through maidens and restricted ranks.  Once you get to the top level they mean very little when assessing form.
3blindmice View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2015 at 1:16pm
Judging Hartnell on that Randwick track will be a big mistake.
vaopoaljsie View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vaopoaljsie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2016 at 5:55pm
Off that I say he would of beaten winx
vaopoaljsie View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vaopoaljsie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2016 at 5:56pm
Off to the Metrop
Sunline View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2016 at 6:27pm
Originally posted by vaopoaljsie vaopoaljsie wrote:

Off that I say he would of beaten winx

What did you have Winx doing to those hacks, led by Sea The Stars? A hard fought 2 length win?
Sunline...simply supreme
Lord Hybrow View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lord Hybrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2016 at 11:43am
Is John O'Shea going to follow the "Saintly" preparation of Hill Stakes, followed by Metropolitan Hcp, then the Cox Plate. that would seem like a sensible program for him.
JudgeHolden View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JudgeHolden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2016 at 11:47am
O'Shea didn't sound awfully keen on sending him to Melbourne at all when interviewed yesterday. Hopefully he changes his mind, and if the horse keeps performing I'd say he'd be too tempted not to.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2016 at 12:01pm
Hartnell will always have a place in my history of racing- the greatest weighted certainty in a handicap I have ever seen.
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2016 at 10:12pm
Is he coming to Melbourne or sticking to Sydney
Sunline View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2016 at 10:35pm
With Tryster no longer coming for the Cox Plate, I would be inclined to think they target the Cox Plate now. You might find it's ultimate aim is the Melbourne Cup though. I think they believe he is finally relaxing and will run a strong 2 mile as a result.
Sunline...simply supreme
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 31>