Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Hartnell

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2425262728 31>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2017 at 10:39pm
Originally posted by brave_ponies brave_ponies wrote:

From what I saw he got smashed twice, it looked very ugly, and he was lucky to stay on his feet.
I was on the winner but was too worried about Hartnell to enjoy it.
Hope he's ok. If anyone hears anything, please post.

I read Boss got 10 meetings suspension and Bonneval pulled up lame.

Not good.
scamanda View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scamanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2017 at 10:52pm
10 meetings is a slap on the wrist for what he did. 2 horses were lucky not to fall.

Boss should have been given a penalty that would scare the hell out of anyone else likely to do the same thing in the hope of winning their Grp 1 race.

Grub.
I started with nothing and still have most of it left
horlicks View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horlicks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2017 at 11:10pm
Steward Report on the interference

Hartnell (GB) - checked severely approaching the 200m. Rider Glyn Schofield could offer no explanation other than the interference he suffered. A post race veterinary examination failed to reveal any abnormalities.

Glen Boss (Riven Light (IRE)) - pleaded guilty to a charge of careless riding under the provisions of AR137(a), the carelessness being that approaching the 200m he permitted his mount to shift out causing tightening to Calderon and Hartnell which were both checked severely. Glen Boss had his licence to ride in races suspended for a period to commence at midnight October 15th and to expire at midnight October 24th, a total of ten race meetings (two metropolitan, eight provincial). In assessing penalty Stewards took into account his guilty plea and good record and that the carelessness was in the mid-range.

maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2017 at 11:37pm
Originally posted by horlicks horlicks wrote:

Steward Report on the interference

<span ="ng-scope">

<span>Hartnell (GB)</span><span> - checked severely approaching the 200m. Rider Glyn
Schofield could offer no explanation other than the interference he suffered. A
post race veterinary examination failed to reveal any abnormalities.</span>

<span>
</span>

<span><span ="ng-scope">

<span>Glen Boss</span><span> (Riven Light (IRE)) - pleaded guilty to a charge of
careless riding under the provisions of AR137(a), the carelessness being that approaching
the 200m he permitted his mount to shift out causing tightening to Calderon and
Hartnell which were both checked severely. Glen Boss had his licence to ride in
races suspended for a period to commence at midnight October 15th
and to expire at midnight October 24th, a total of ten race meetings
(two metropolitan, eight provincial). In assessing penalty Stewards took into
account his guilty plea and good record and that the carelessness was in the
mid-range.</span>

</span></span>

</span>

Stewards amaze me , too often.
Approaching the 200 and wiping anything outside him of their chances isn't mid range.
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2017 at 10:23am
Looked to be struggling before the interference to my eyes. What race would you want to back Hartnell in? I can't think of one.
marble View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marble Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2017 at 10:30am
I think its the firm tracks and not spacing his runs enough - he doesnt like it
Shrunk in the Wash View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2017 at 1:34pm
Originally posted by brave_ponies brave_ponies wrote:

From what I saw he got smashed twice, it looked very ugly, and he was lucky to stay on his feet.
I was on the winner but was too worried about Hartnell to enjoy it.
Hope he's ok. If anyone hears anything, please post.

Thought he was gone at the time he got bumped. Sadly I backed in as a standout in the quaddy leg. Got the other 3Cry
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2017 at 7:15pm
Originally posted by djebel djebel wrote:

Originally posted by Tlazolteotl Tlazolteotl wrote:

They would not be in their positions if they were really stupid, NO

You would hardly call Godolphin really smart either. Pretty poor return on investment worldwide as far as I can tell.

Until the oil runs out money is hardly an issue although the boss does seem to be starting to streamline things.

"But all those mug punters tearing up their tickets in tears after the big race should spare a thought for the ultimate Cup tragic, Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum.

His United Arab Emirates airline provides the prizemoney and the best marquee, he has spent roughly $1 billion building a racing empire to win the Cup and he has come up short, again, with his sole ride in the race Hartnell, coming in 20th in a field of 23. 

And because his racing operation, Godolphin, is kind enough to lodge its financial accounts with our corporate regulator, we know that last year – when the sheikh managed to get five runners in the race – it reported a loss of more than $91 million. Up from a loss of $55.7 million the prior year. 

Accumulated losses have now topped $614 million, but the accounts assure us that "the company is a for-profit entity and primarily involved in thoroughbred horse breeding an

But the red ink has reached a stage where the company admitted that its "ability to continue as a going concern is dependent upon the continued financial support of its ultimate shareholder", Sheikh Mohammed. 

The biggest line item was a $70 million writedown in the value of its "biological assets", which means thoroughbreds that were not good for much besides the glue factory.

The biggest problem appears to be its stallions, which were slashed in value by more than $65 million – yes, they were dud studs. 

And it is a big deal for Godolphin. "Rendering of services" generated $27 million in revenue last year – easily beating the group's race winnings, which came to $19.7 million."

Colin Kruger CBD

SMH November 8, 2017

http://www.smh.com.au/business/cbd/sheiks-91-million-loss-shows-money-cant-buy-a-melbourne-cup-win-20171105-gzfc7n.html

Sunline View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2017 at 8:51pm
I can't believe that James Cummings made the dumb decision to run this horse in the Melbourne Cup. I have to believe he was forced to - for what I imagine is the ridiculous sake to have a runner in our biggest race which they sponsor.
Sunline...simply supreme
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2017 at 9:29pm
Thats why trainers get moved on, or move on .  Dumb decisions from the top.
animals before people.
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2017 at 9:30pm
PS.  Sheik Mo thinks it a desert endurance ride .
Thankfully not as many of their horses die in the MC as they do in their endurance races.
animals before people.
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2018 at 4:50pm
I want to be happy but I just can’t stand that Williams like.
No wonder 95% of the Vic jockeys can’t stand him, he is so far up his own last he can see what he’s having for breakfast next month
scamanda View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scamanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2018 at 5:23pm

Finished

No he isn't.
Another Grp 1 win for Hartnell.

Looked heavy in the mounting yard to me but it could have been the TV.
More wins to come for him.

maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2018 at 5:29pm
Originally posted by scamanda scamanda wrote:

Finished

No he isn't.
Another Grp 1 win for Hartnell.

Looked heavy in the mounting yard to me but it could have been the TV.
More wins to come for him.

The overs of the day really ...     with NO Winx.
JudgeHolden View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JudgeHolden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2018 at 6:13pm
Trainer wants to take on Winx in the Chipping Norton. Will probably get savaged for it but great I say. His form tapered a bit after a great first up run last start so maybe spacing his runs this time in might help.

Godolphin can afford a crack at the stumps. Would be good for racing.
Nick View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2018 at 6:47pm
Winx would beat him
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2018 at 10:56am
Chipping Norton?Shocked Surely not. What's the thinking there Godolphin brains trust- do you think Waller can't train a horse to win at 1600m first up?
Speediskey View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speediskey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2018 at 10:59am

Chipping Norton?Shocked Surely not. What's the thinking there Godolphin brains trust- do you think Waller can't train a horse to win at 1600m first up?

Why not run him there? Sure like always he will lose to her despite looking like a world beater when she's not there, but he's still going to run 2nd in a Group 1.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2018 at 11:02am
Originally posted by Speediskey Speediskey wrote:

Why not run him there? Sure like always he will lose to her despite looking like a world beater when she's not there, but he's still going to run 2nd in a Group 1.

Aren't they trying to win races? That would be my objective anyway.
Lord Hybrow View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lord Hybrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2018 at 11:09am
So Tlazolteotl, where would you run him next?

The St George Stks is only 2 weeks away, so that comes up a bit soon for him. And with the Blamey Stks no longer being WFA, there’s no really any viable options bar coming to Sydney.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2018 at 11:25am
Originally posted by Lord Hybrow Lord Hybrow wrote:

The St George Stks is only 2 weeks away, so that comes up a bit soon for him. And with the Blamey Stks no longer being WFA, there’s no really any viable options bar coming to Sydney.

Can't he run in a fortnight? I'd  run him in the Futurity. You aren't going to get any weaker G1s than those Caulfield 1400m ones. The race will probably be no stronger than it was yesterday.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2018 at 11:33am

Can't he run in a fortnight? I'd  run him in the Futurity. You aren't going to get any weaker G1s than those Caulfield 1400m ones. The race will probably be no stronger than it was yesterday.

Either that or straight into the Aus Cup.
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2018 at 11:34am

Hopefully it will be a cleaner fairer race.

reductio ad absurdum
scamanda View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scamanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2018 at 11:42am

Really?

Peter Moody who does know something about the game said yesterday it was one of the stronger Orr Stakes in recent times.

Godolphin don't need the money so they're taking on Winx.

There is far more recognition in being the horse that broke the run of wins by Winx than they would get from prizemoney. And although he probably won't do it they won't die wondering like some.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2018 at 11:48am
Originally posted by scamanda scamanda wrote:

Really?

Peter Moody who does know something about the game said yesterday it was one of the stronger Orr Stakes in recent times.

Godolphin don't need the money so they're taking on Winx.

There is far more recognition in being the horse that broke the run of wins by Winx than they would get from prizemoney. And although he probably won't do it they won't die wondering like some.

On what basis? Who in the race do you consider to be a high-class G1 performer at 1400m?
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2018 at 11:52am
Moody's comment probably underlines the thought process that the Orr is not a group 1 race.

Whilst it might have been a stonger Orr than recently run it was not a good 1400m advertisement.

Hartnell should go back to England and compete in their 1600m races.

reductio ad absurdum
scamanda View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scamanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2018 at 11:52am
I'll bow to Peter Moody's experience ahead of yours.
Go and ask him.

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2018 at 11:54am

Moody's comment probably underlines the thought process that the Orr is not a group 1 race.

Whilst it might have been a stonger Orr than recently run it was not a good 1400m advertisement.

BHB had by far the best 1400m credentials and he didn't start.
scamanda View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scamanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2018 at 11:54am

Geez I hope not djebel.Shocked

scamanda View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scamanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2018 at 11:59am

BHB had by far the best 1400m credentials and he didn't start.

Or maybe he was scratched because the trainer thought he had no chance against his stablemates Brave Smash and Tosen Stardom.

Personally I think BHB is the horse that has lost all form.

Hartnell beat him in the Lawrence as well, so Hartnell has the best credentials.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2425262728 31>