Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Hartnell

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2324252627 31>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 12:13pm
Originally posted by cabosanlucas cabosanlucas wrote:

I started the pot on hartnell last start. im thinking you could pot him in everything from here on in. best days behind him and may be racng with a broken heart courteousy of winx. if not, his best days of racing at the top are behind him...cant stay at the top forever,

The Handicapper has Hartnell's measure .

Best he stay with WFA>    Nice prize money for him.
Lord Hybrow View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lord Hybrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 12:18pm
I tend to agree he might be weighted out of big handicaps now too.

Perfect race for him this spring is the Sandown Classic - perfect distance of 2400m and WFA conditions
mikey View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 2:33pm
Agree with those that have warmed to Bonneval. She very may well be the next Super Mare! Her AJC Oaks win in the autumn looked amazing but even more impressive is the fact that she has progressed with that form through to open age.
Bonfield View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bonfield Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 5:42pm
Hartnell is something of an enigma. Last spring he put a sequence of dominant wins together but has been unable to reproduce that form in two preps since. Was flat 2nd up this prep, and did improve 3rd up, but personally I don't think we will ever see the horse that thrashed Jameka in the Turnbull of 2016.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 5:55pm
Originally posted by mikey mikey wrote:

Agree with those that have warmed to Bonneval. She very may well be the next Super Mare! Her AJC Oaks win in the autumn looked amazing but even more impressive is the fact that she has progressed with that form through to open age.

I'll stick my neck out .    Bonneval is no super mare. I realise her 6 wins on end but using the Oaks 1st. =    Took her a week to run it.
I have a pet duck who would have won that.

Her last win, they went quick at Caulfield , she beat Hartnell 1L over 1800m under the same weights as Winx slaughtered him 8L. another 200m would the result been the same .
Cool Chap took the honours over 1700m that day.    Can you see him as some super star.
The class of galloper from here on will have her rear on fire.
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 5:55pm
Originally posted by mikey mikey wrote:

Weird how long it took a lot of people to realize that Bonneval is one of the only good distance horses going round this season. And yet heaps of people were obsessed with Gingernuts as the Kiwi threat. Don't get it.
I've been chipping away at Bonneval and Amelies Star (and Egg Tart unfortunately) in both cups for weeks, and am only worried about the raiders.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 6:06pm
Stayer:-     I'll half agree with you .    Ventura Storm is the improver , with Amelie's Star top of my 30 chances.
Ventua Star wins last week had Winx stayed home.
Terrific Racing coming up .    I wouldn't be dead for quids.
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 7:14pm
Originally posted by maccamax maccamax wrote:

Stayer:-     I'll half agree with you .    Ventura Storm is the improver , with Amelie's Star top of my 30 chances.
Ventua Star wins last week had Winx stayed home.
Terrific Racing coming up .    I wouldn't be dead for quids.

Agree with all that. VS could be good. And this is definitely looking like the best Spring we've had for years. Almost lost interest in Spring racing the last few years, but this year is looking really interesting. Just wish Star Stable was still going.
scamanda View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scamanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 7:26pm
Come on guys this is the Hartnell thread. Only Winx is allowed to drop in and hijack it.

I think Hartnell will run a lot closer to the lead on saturday and give them all a taste of what he did last spring at Flemington.

I started with nothing and still have most of it left
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 7:34pm
Yeah sorry forgot it was the Hartnell thread!
I personally can't remember ever betting on Hartnell. Too hard to figure out for me. That's all I've got about Hartnell.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 7:44pm
Originally posted by scamanda scamanda wrote:

Come on guys this is the Hartnell thread. Only Winx is allowed to drop in and hijack it.

I think Hartnell will run a lot closer to the lead on saturday and give them all a taste of what he did last spring at Flemington.

Hartnell is very much a part of what we debated.     The yardstick to most of them ..     Great form lines to compare.    
Your in love with a Kiwi "B"   = I'll tell.
correctweight View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote correctweight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 8:07pm
I think he has been poorly ridden last two starts. In the Makybe he was ridden too aggressively and in the Underwood he was ridden too negative. Will get his chance this week if ridden properly.
scamanda View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scamanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 8:23pm
I agree correctweight.

Godolphin or James Cummings dictate the tactics and they got them very wrong.

maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 9:15pm

I agree correctweight.

Godolphin or James Cummings dictate the tactics and they got them very wrong.

Exactly & the barrier draw won't help the Bonn.
   Surely Hartnell rings up No 1 this time.
Breeding Above All View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Breeding Above All Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 10:23pm
I like him this weekend.. will beat Bonneval home
Sunline View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 10:49pm
Who has more improvement Hartnell 4th up vs Bonneval 3rd up and looking more like a goat than a racehorse in the yard to date?
Sunline...simply supreme
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 11:07pm
Originally posted by Sunline Sunline wrote:

Who has more improvement Hartnell 4th up vs Bonneval 3rd up and looking more like a goat than a racehorse in the yard to date?

The BIG thing is the Handicapper says Hartnell.   and the past 2 runs were not good rides.
He gives the NZ Bonneval 3K on Saturday.   5.5K in the Caulfield Cup

I doubt Bonneval gets a gut buster in this Lead up from 11 alley.

I gsee yr point tho Sunline .. she is on the improve.

Sunline View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 11:50pm
Lots of well made points. I guess that's why they're fighting it out for favouritism before they even fight it out for the win.
Sunline...simply supreme
jacko1 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacko1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2017 at 12:02am
How many excuses does he need?
"He was too handy"
"He was too far back"

He could win, but I think there isn't much value for a horse that requires such a pin point perfect ride. 
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2017 at 12:05am

Lots of well made points. I guess that's why they're fighting it out for favouritism before they even fight it out for the win.

Good racing aye .
   The more points Put forward the better . Gives people points to consider.

I like people who define   WHY   they think a point .
In the end it helps all concerned.

You and Scamanda have a name to live up to .. I've been
singing the praises...      Hope it's not a Mokka.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2017 at 12:10am
Originally posted by jacko1 jacko1 wrote:

How many excuses does he need?
"He was too handy"
"He was too far back"

He could win, but I think there isn't much value for a horse that requires such a pin point perfect ride. 

He's only just making his distance range Jacko1...    Amassed over $4 million so he's no slouch.
Is well in here compared to Bonneval.
Sunline View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2017 at 12:12am
You must be my bookie haha! Scamanda is in career best at the moment. Long may it continue!

And you're good for more than your share. Don't be shy to let us onto one or two as they normally come in at a price that'll feed us through to Christmas.
Sunline...simply supreme
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2017 at 12:21am

You must be my bookie haha! Scamanda is in career best at the moment. Long may it continue!

And you're good for more than your share. Don't be shy to let us onto one or two as they normally come in at a price that'll feed us through to Christmas.

I'm like Donneval ,   I need more racing , and an aged gelding ...   
correctweight View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote correctweight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2017 at 8:32am
As said earlier Bonneval will not have a gut buster in this for next week. She'll be taken out the back and then run on. Hartnell matched her last start but was just in a worse posi.
Nick View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2017 at 10:33pm
Special tomorrow!
Magnolian Khan View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magnolian Khan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2017 at 4:57pm
Not looking good
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2017 at 4:59pm
Finished
scamanda View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scamanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2017 at 5:19pm
Finished?
What broken down?
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2017 at 9:41pm

Finished?
What broken down?

Hartnell was flattened when going all right, at a crucial stage .
Haven't seen a word about it in the news.     

A lot of dust to settle before the M.C grand final arrives.
brave_ponies View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brave_ponies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2017 at 10:16pm
From what I saw he got smashed twice, it looked very ugly, and he was lucky to stay on his feet.
I was on the winner but was too worried about Hartnell to enjoy it.
Hope he's ok. If anyone hears anything, please post.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2324252627 31>