Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Community - Public Forums > General
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

What are we watching tonight?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3233343536 54>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2019 at 9:40am
Just one of many questions. How can that Detective Sargeant text this bloke 33 time in the hour leading up to the incident - all this whilst he was driving from outer Melbourne suburbs into the inner city. One of the last messages he wrote was "Dont do it". Why would he not have been apprehended by force beforehand ? I mean he had almost stabbed his brother to death (he thought he had), kidnapped his girlfriend & bashed his mothers boyfriend for good measure only hours earlier
Refer ALP Election Promises
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2019 at 10:31am
The inquest doesn't start till later this year so the answers to that and many other questions wont be sorted out(if they are) till well into next year or beyond. From memory, the Lindt siege till release of inquest findings was over 3 years.
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2019 at 11:25am
Yes - think that is part of the strategy behind these inquests. Drag them out as long as you can with the hope public interest has dropped off by the time the findings are released. How can any investigation take 3 years for Christ’s sake !
Refer ALP Election Promises
Isaac soloman View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Isaac soloman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2019 at 11:28am
If the Victorian police had competent people in the first place surely these incidents would not be happening.

And an inquest would not be necessary.

It seems no one wants to take responsibility.

And now there is another crisis happening with corruption at the top of the force.
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2019 at 11:54am
Interesting re nature/nurture seeing the brother of the lunatic- same horrendous childhood but he seemed, dare I say it,  normal.

The father should be hunted down and chained to a bull ants nest.Angry
An honest politician is one who when he is bought will stay bought.

Simon Cameron

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Isaac soloman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2019 at 12:06pm
How and why were the kids left with the father?

Another child welfare stuff up.

Now THERE IS a sector needing sorting.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2019 at 1:10pm
How many vulnerable kids do you reckon there are in Australia Isaac?

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Isaac soloman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2019 at 1:15pm
I dont know pt.

Tell us.

With the money FLOWING to the sector

SHOULD be minimal, and before you start politicizing the problem make sure your precious opposition is up to job of holding the government to account.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2019 at 1:16pm
A million...more?
Softy View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Softy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2019 at 3:49am
What a week for the box.
A fantastic Q & A the other night and now Royal Ascot.
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2019 at 4:51am
Agree on Royal Ascot, but this is the best Q&A episode I've seen ...

Image result for ABC we apologise for this break in transmission
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2019 at 10:17pm
4 Corners shortly on our endangered species & recording Medicine or Myth on SBS Big smile
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2019 at 10:27pm
63 Up
An honest politician is one who when he is bought will stay bought.

Simon Cameron

Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2019 at 6:55pm
Tontonan View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tontonan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2019 at 9:55pm
I just noticed this on channel 1HD (10BOSS) tonight -

Horse Racing: Coral Eclipse 2019

Saturday 6th July at 10:30 pm (150 minutes)
Coral Eclipse Meeting: Live from Sandown Park in Surrey, England. Coral-Eclipse Day is the ultimate day of summer Flat racing, holding seven thrilling races including the Group 1 Coral-Eclipse.
horlicks View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horlicks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2019 at 11:34pm
First of several tontonan.

Check Melbourne Cup thread for full details
Tontonan View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tontonan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2019 at 5:05pm
Thanks horlicks.  I notice the KGQE meeting at Ascot is not being covered by Ten.  I hope racing.com will. 
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2019 at 10:28pm
Don't watch MasterChef, maybe 5 minutes here or there.
Heard today the judges have quit after being refused a 40 % pay increase.
I would have thought a show like that is successful because of the format not so much the judges
Typical example of people believing their own publicity, drongoes 
And Colombaris , the less said the better about that arrogant specimen Ouch
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2019 at 10:32pm
I record Supervet at 4.35pm on SBS so that's our nightly TV diet, unless there's anything worth watching which there isn't tonight Smile
Tontonan View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tontonan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2019 at 6:12pm
Last night while visiting relatives I had to sit through an episode of The Block.  It was painful.  I wont do it again
GAJ View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GAJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2019 at 8:00pm
Been watching/binging on Nordic Dramas, so very addictive, The Team, The Lawyer, Now watching The Secretary (German) all great, I have a List!
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2019 at 8:08pm
Originally posted by Tontonan Tontonan wrote:

Last night while visiting relatives I had to sit through an episode of The Block.  It was painful.  I wont do it again

I just cannot watch commercial TV. I watched a little of The Block towards the end last night, when the rooms were being voted on.  They showed 3 ? judges' votes then hid the last judge's vote and made the big statement "the winner is "

What happens next, don't need to be a genius to guess, they went to a commercial.
So sick of this type of drawing things out and manipulative garbage. 

That is why I mainly watch SBS and ABC and stream the rest
ExceedAndExcel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2019 at 8:13pm
I’ve been meaning to watch Let It Ride again for some pre-spring carnival laughs. I might just blow the dust off the $5 DVD copy I bought and do it tonight. Then again maybe I won’t.
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2019 at 8:17pm
4 Corners on Boris tonight should be interesting whether you love or hate him Big smile
Baguette View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Baguette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2019 at 11:24pm
Originally posted by GAJ GAJ wrote:

Been watching/binging on Nordic Dramas, so very addictive, The Team, The Lawyer, Now watching The Secretary (German) all great, I have a List!
For some reason we’ve gone all Nordic as well! We’re watching Quicksand at the moment. Which is pretty good.
GAJ View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GAJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2019 at 10:43am
I'll put it on my list BaguetteSmile

'Before we die' is an absolute thriller, absolute being the Nordic thing!!
SkyDancer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkyDancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2019 at 12:00pm
I hate commercial television but my partner has forced me to watch Survivor with him.
Surprisingly, I’ve been enjoying it
ExceedAndExcel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2019 at 12:43pm
Originally posted by ExceedAndExcel ExceedAndExcel wrote:

I’ve been meaning to watch Let It Ride again for some pre-spring carnival laughs. I might just blow the dust off the $5 DVD copy I bought and do it tonight. Then again maybe I won’t.

DVD player is cactus. Might have to go buy a new one today.
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2019 at 3:36am
Thanks to PT, been binging on "The Americans" the past few weeks - the missus is hooked - half way through the final season, and don't want it to end ... 
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2019 at 4:37pm
It is an excellent series Doc. I got interested in it after the poisoning of Sergei Skripal and his niece in London last year. He was part of a spy swap a few years ago involving people on whom this series is loosely based.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3233343536 54>