Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Community - Public Forums > General
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

What are we watching tonight?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2324252627 54>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2017 at 4:31pm
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2017 at 4:46pm
It was good wasn't it? LOL  LOL  LOL  LOL 
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2017 at 4:53pm
Is there a bogus science channel available now? What is the name of this documentary?
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2017 at 5:28pm
Originally posted by Tlazolteotl Tlazolteotl wrote:

Is there a bogus science channel available now? What is the name of this documentary?

Honestly, I cant remember where I saw it.  Big smile  May have been one of the current affairs programs.  I came in half way thru and heard this Professor someone waffling on , saying the sea needed a good clear out and
shake up and it would help the coral.  
I just thought it was a theory to throw at Afros to get a reaction .  LOL
It got a reaction , but not in the way I expected, or from Afros !!!LOL
Thumbs Up
animals before people.
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2017 at 5:38pm
Cyclones can be a mixed blessing for corals. While reefs near the storm's centre can be badly damaged, the tempest can also bring much-needed mixing of relatively hot, stagnant waters.

The rain and subsequent cloud cover can also help relieve the heat stress that causes the bleaching that has hit the Great Barrier Reef for an unprecedented two years in a row.

Cyclone Debbie's arrival, though, has interrupted the aerial surveys the park authority is conducting with James Cook University to determine the extent of this year's bleaching. Another summer of abnormally warm waters prompted many corals to expel the algae that gives them both colour and the bulk of their energy.

http://www.illawarramercury.com.au/story/4561229/what-cyclone-debbie-means-for-the-great-barrier-reef/?cs=7

jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2017 at 6:19pm
my Thursday nights are shockingly crowded...AFL at 7.20, Collingwood tonight, so a must-watch...Survivor at 7.30...I view a spoiler site so I know who goes so I will watch late tonight on 9view...NRL at 8.00, will sneak over at qtr and half-time of the AFL to check the scores, luckily the game is not a good one tonight...

normally RPA is also on and I have to pick up on that later as well...but the season is finished...

Mon to Wed there is bugger-all on...

Desert War, Rain Lover, Latin Knight, Hay List, Mustard...my turf heroes...
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2017 at 10:10pm
Originally posted by horlicks horlicks wrote:

Absolutely agree Gay3. One of the best series in recent times imo

Bit disappointing after the 1st double episode IMO.

A pleasant surprise was Halcyon, only 30 minutes but very good, well acted,interesting story line
Fiddlesticks View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fiddlesticks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2017 at 2:27am
'Win it all' on netflix...must see if you enjoy gambling..
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2017 at 11:13pm
ABC (forgive me Lord for i have sinned)

Insight - will check it out on catch up.

Game Over 

two part special about athletes transitioning to retirement ... heap of interesting ex stars, honest and insightful stuff ... Big Bad Bustling Barry Hall talking about his Dad and boxing background and how angry and ruthless it made him is very enlightening.
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2017 at 2:10am
*was SBS in fact (I still feel dirty!) ... recommend very highly ... part 2 next week.
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2017 at 10:05pm
Have been watching the Chefs line on SBS at 6pm.  Pits three amateurs in an elimination contest with different professionals from a particular restaurant over the course of the week.  One week this cuisine, next week another.

Thought it an enjoyable offering until it was exposed as a rigged, fraudulent show tonight imo.  

The dish: tiramisu.

The (professional) winner produced a slumped effort which amazingly reconstructed before judgement and enabled him to win.  One amateur produced some absolute formless sludge which somehow kept him in the contest.  The second amateur's presentation was just great and she lives to fight again tomorrow night, whilst the third wan't far behind her but was rated last behind two very ordinary offerings.

Ok who am I to say, so would invite anyone else who watched tonight's show to provide their comments. 
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2017 at 10:22pm
4Corners last night showed the horrific situation of Syrias' detention protocals, detention, torture & death 'hospitals'.
A must see on Iview if you missed it & horrific doesn't begin to describe the senseless brutality Angry

Four Corners Syria's Disappeared

This powerful film shines a light on the barbarism of the Syrian regime at a time when the future of President Assad is being argued over by the world's most powerful nations. #4Corners

http://iview.abc.net.au/programs/four-corners/NC1704H011S00

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2017 at 10:28pm
Watched Australian Story last night.  About the Krait and Z Force.    And operation Jaywick. 
The Krait took Aussie blokes up to Singapore and they got into the harbour and  put mines onto Japanese ships and blasted them to kingdom come.
Pretty brave men .

animals before people.
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2017 at 10:59pm
Originally posted by Gay3 Gay3 wrote:

4Corners last night showed the horrific situation of Syrias' detention protocals, detention, torture & death 'hospitals'.
A must see on Iview if you missed it & horrific doesn't begin to describe the senseless brutality Angry

Four Corners Syria's Disappeared

This powerful film shines a light on the barbarism of the Syrian regime at a time when the future of President Assad is being argued over by the world's most powerful nations. #4Corners

http://iview.abc.net.au/programs/four-corners/NC1704H011S00

waiting for someone to come in with a "humorous " comment about Syrians, flags whatever

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2017 at 12:57am
Why ??    Are you waiting ??     For what ??    Most of us normal people see Assad as a monster.  

animals before people.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2017 at 9:17am
What is a normal person, and how will I recognise them when I see them?
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2017 at 1:18pm
I will send you a picture of me Thumbs Up  and then you will know Wink
animals before people.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2017 at 1:41pm
Image result for head on desk meme
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2017 at 11:12pm
This is SO wrong , where do I begin ? How about Modern Family no 1 Confused, lucky if you get 1 laugh a show.

Thoughts

http://www.msn.com/en-au/entertainment/tv/the-best-sitcoms-of-all-time/ss-BBAF3Jy?li=AAgfYrC&ocid=mailsignout
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2017 at 11:48pm
Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

Image result for head on desk meme

That is me !!!   You could not have picked a piccie more suitable to use to show me !!Thumbs Up
animals before people.
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2017 at 11:52pm
Originally posted by Whale Whale wrote:

This is SO wrong , where do I begin ? How about Modern Family no 1 Confused, lucky if you get 1 laugh a show.

Thoughts

http://www.msn.com/en-au/entertainment/tv/the-best-sitcoms-of-all-time/ss-BBAF3Jy?li=AAgfYrC&ocid=mailsignout

never heard of half the shows and the fact that The Vicar of Dibley is not on the list shows how stupid the calculation is...

Desert War, Rain Lover, Latin Knight, Hay List, Mustard...my turf heroes...
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2017 at 1:18am
Oh yeah !  Thumbs Up   Vicar Of Dibley !!    Funny as.
And what about Hyacinth ?    Keeping Up Appearances.      
Love those English comedies.    
animals before people.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2017 at 10:12pm
Roman Polanski's 1967 ''The Fearless Vampire Killers'' on Viceland at 9:25

A classic 
VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2017 at 11:44pm
Anyone else clicking between the Giro to the FA Cup final?
Remember, it might take intelligence to be smart , but it takes experience to be wise
goldey View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goldey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2017 at 11:47pm
Pity Fargo isn't on every night !
cabosanlucas View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cabosanlucas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2017 at 11:50pm
Any boxing buffs or early morning birds can catch a cracker of a fight tomoz morning...5am aest.

Ch 506 foxsports. Live from uk.

Errol spence (usa) v kell brook (uk) .
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2017 at 12:18am
Hey Cabo, went to a couple of gyms in inner Syd, late fifties, just looking with a friend,
put the gloves on for a week or two, rather watch haha, Ray Horns at Newtown ( t think)
and Ern MaQuillian in Surry Hills, met Dr Maguire ( carruthers) one day, old memories.
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2017 at 10:28am
Saw Janet King last night. You can always count on Australian scriptwriters for  preposterous plots- talk about suspension of disbelief. The premise of this one is that a bunch of 20/20 cricketers in a team that finished last in the season before last, made a motza when they backed themselves to make the semis at 1000/1.
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2017 at 10:33am
And her Dad who she'd not had contact with for 5yrs, just 'happened' to own the company sponsoring the team Big smile
saintly96 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saintly96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2017 at 1:30am
Just watched our old TBV mate defeat Mumford and Brownless in a hotdog eating contest on the footy show.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2324252627 54>