Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Community - Public Forums > General
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

What are we watching tonight?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2122232425 54>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2017 at 7:31am
Watched the UK ITV crime drama first series of 6 episodes of Unforgotten last night

Excellent series, great cast. The series was nominated for a BAFTA for best drama recently.

Series 2 is underway at the moment with 3 of 6 episodes aired in UK

Worth a watch if you can find it
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2017 at 7:48pm
SBS 8.30 this looks interesting & more so if they can come up with a cure Smile

My Brain Made Me Do It

8:30PM - 9:30PM

This enlightening documentary explores the biology of the brain and why some people can't stop themselves from committing harmful or criminal acts. Neuroscientists are generating ground-breaking research that sheds light on why some people can't control their criminal behaviour.

Read more at https://www.yourtv.com.au/guide/melbourne/#iySot7IQIuWlXTO7.99

Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2017 at 7:55pm
Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

Watched the UK ITV crime drama first series of 6 episodes of Unforgotten last night

Excellent series, great cast. The series was nominated for a BAFTA for best drama recently.

Series 2 is underway at the moment with 3 of 6 episodes aired in UK

Worth a watch if you can find it

Reviews gave the ending a massive Thumbs Down so I gave it a miss.
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
ExceedAndExcel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2017 at 8:28pm
Watching Federer v Zverev although not for much longer by the look of it. Federer racing through this.
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2017 at 7:57pm
Off to see "Lion" at the cinema ... missus assures me there is a lion in it ... not convinced, pretty sure it's a chick flick!Wink
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2017 at 8:24pm
Vikings Series 4 Episode 19 On The Eve
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2017 at 8:27pm
Originally posted by Dr E Dr E wrote:

Off to see "Lion" at the cinema ... missus assures me there is a lion in it ... not convinced, pretty sure it's a chick flick!Wink

that will be tough for you, it is about an Indian boy adopted by an Australian family, not the sort of film racists enjoy
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2017 at 8:36pm
Unless he joins an African crime gang and gets deported Wink
saintly96 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saintly96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2017 at 8:49pm
Dimitrov v Nadal.
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2017 at 11:05pm
Originally posted by Whale Whale wrote:

that will be tough for you, it is about an Indian boy adopted by an Australian family, not the sort of film racists enjoy

is an excellent film...riveting early scenes... deserves best picture Oscar...

the Doc probably left early...

Ouch
Desert War, Rain Lover, Latin Knight, Hay List, Mustard...my turf heroes...
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2017 at 2:27am
Originally posted by jujuno jujuno wrote:

Originally posted by Whale Whale wrote:

is an excellent film...riveting early scenes... deserves best picture Oscar...

the Doc probably left early...

Ouch

One of the best movies I've seen in a long while (and I saw Rogue One not long ago), and certainly the best Aussie movie since Priscilla Queen of The Desert for mine!Heart Fantastic cast, who were all allowed to showcase their skills via a brilliant script ... Our Nicole (some of her best work since BMX Bandits!) and Our David really only had bit parts, but were superb, Dev Patel (playing adult Saroo in Tasmania) has blossomed into the consummate performer ... I watched The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel only the other day, and he showed his raw but rare gift there, similarly in Slumdog Millionaire. Here he was simply brilliant in portraying the roller coaster of emotions that the writer had actually endured in his realisation that there was a missing part to his life, and the internal conflict, anguish and doubt that searching for answers brought him.

However, the clear standout performance was from the impish Sunny Pawar, who plays 5 year old Saroo, living in a 3rd world country, stealing coal from moving coal trains, with his older brother so that his family can have fresh milk, losing his family, and then showing the courage, determination and resourcefulness to escape potential harm ... this kid will OWN the Oscars ceremony too! The performance of Abhishek Bharate (a young Mumbai unknown), who played his brother, and the bond and love that they had for each other and their family is unforgettable.

Many threads to this film, it has real depth (as expected, covering relationships from two time periods), great gritty 3rd world locations (no not Hobart!), a great heart warming true story, beautifully scripted and performed. If this does not win something at the Academy Awards, it's because the members were too busy wetting the bed over the election result, and didn't bother watching it! I would recommend this to everyone except Whale (it would drive him mad trying to find anything to criticize!), but BEWARE, it is a consummate tear jerker and had me bawling like a Clinton supporter more than once!

StarStarStarStarStar Five Stars + Two Boxes of Tissues!Thumbs Up

In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2017 at 11:33am
 swatching it! I would recommend this to everyone except Whale (it would drive him mad trying to find anything to criticize!), but BEWARE, it is a consummate tear jerker and had me bawling like a Clinton supporter more than once!

StarStarStarStarStar Five Stars + Two Boxes of Tissues!Thumbs Up

[/QUOTE]

unlike yourself who never criticizes a thing LOL
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2017 at 11:07pm
Ok, you can go and see it, but take your tissues!!!Cry
Baghdad Bob View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2017 at 9:07pm
Now that the Big Bash, Australian Open Tennis & the ODI cricket is in recess I am now offered Celebrity In The Jungle (? ). My Kitchen Rules or Marriage At First Sight on those channels.
Started to channel switch between the three, I had enough of them all after 15 minutes.
Back reading books. 
Sworn Revenge View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sworn Revenge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2017 at 9:46pm
For all those that subscribe to Foxtel I've just downloaded from their rental movie store and heartedly recommend " Dark Horse : True story of Dream Alliance ( trailer below )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKKKYKWBRLI

Basically a barmaid in a poor Welsh ex mining village convinces some of her fellow residents to pool their resources to compete in the "sport of kings" with a racehorse they would breed and raise.

It's only called gambling when you lose
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2017 at 1:29am
Looks like a cracker SR, I'll grab it soon! Cheers!Thumbs Up
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2017 at 9:14am
Originally posted by Baghdad Bob Baghdad Bob wrote:

Now that the Big Bash, Australian Open Tennis & the ODI cricket is in recess I am now offered Celebrity In The Jungle (? ). My Kitchen Rules or Marriage At First Sight on those channels.
Started to channel switch between the three, I had enough of them all after 15 minutes.
Back reading books. 

I'm starting War and Peace...LOL...going to be a long February...

I came by Celebrity ITJ on the way to the tennis on Sunday night...saw Dane Swan was a contestant and hesitated there for a while to see how he went...sorry, Dane, even you can't hold me to watching that trash...

Desert War, Rain Lover, Latin Knight, Hay List, Mustard...my turf heroes...
Sworn Revenge View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sworn Revenge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2017 at 4:36pm

Looks like a cracker SR, I'll grab it soon! Cheers!Thumbs Up

Had really good reviews Doc. Some of the Welsh accents are so strong you may have trouble understanding the dialogue but the story itself is a belter. If it weren't true you couldn't have written it
It's only called gambling when you lose
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2017 at 4:47pm
We've been watching the latest season of Sherlock and The Crown.  Both quite good.
horlicks View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horlicks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2017 at 5:16pm
Originally posted by jujuno jujuno wrote:

I'm starting War and Peace...LOL...going to be a long February...

I came by Celebrity ITJ on the way to the tennis on Sunday night...saw Dane Swan was a contestant and hesitated there for a while to see how he went...sorry, Dane, even you can't hold me to watching that trash...

If that is the latest BBC version of War and Peace it is quite magnificent imo.
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2017 at 1:35am
Just finished watching "Interstellar" ... better the second time!
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2017 at 7:40pm
Wondering if anyone caught the movie Boyhood on SBS last Friday night and their opinions . I'm glad I watched this movie as it is without doubt one of the most enjoyable movies I have seen, made over 12 years with a 200,000 a year budget with actors Patricia Arquette as the mother , Ethan Hawke first divorced husband, and the two childrenEllar Coltrane as the young 6 yr old son and Lorelei Linklater as his sister , to watch these two kids grow over a period of 12 years from their first year in class to their last in high school is an absolute delight, the funny things kids do as their mother handles two divorces and a failed lived together all the time her children coming first and putting herself through college again, it's a movie with no sex no violence ( apart from a thrown glass at the table by alcohol ridden second hubby) beautifully acted where they got together three or four times a year to do scenes then back to what they were doing before , had to google, the awards were plenty ( Oscar support) , rave reviews all over the world , golden globe,a brilliant movie can't recommend it highly enough.
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2017 at 9:24pm

Four Corners

Series 2017 Ep 1 "A Helluva Ride" - The Trump Revolution Begins

http://iview.abc.net.au/programs/four-corners/NC1704H001S00#playing
Fiddlesticks View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Fiddlesticks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2017 at 12:42am
If you like horse racing, gambling, racketeering, unions, gangs etc etc.. show on Netflix called peaky blinders is right up your alley..

it's a really good watch.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fiddlesticks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2017 at 9:40am
Originally posted by Fiddlesticks Fiddlesticks wrote:

If you like horse racing, gambling, racketeering, unions, gangs etc etc.. show on Netflix called peaky blinders is right up your alley..

it's a really good watch.

oh man I just finished watching season 2 on netflix, what an incredible show, easily one of my favs ever, it's as good as Breaking bad if not better, such amazing acting and filming, Sam Neil is such an Christmas pudding you really get to hate him towards the end, how he gets that Belfast accent just right is amazing, loads of racing and gambling and booze..

5 stars all the way..!!
saintly96 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saintly96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2017 at 9:54am
I watched the Nitro Athletics. Great to see the athletes having a lot of fun. It was a fantastic format and was well supported by the IAAF.
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2017 at 5:05pm
Originally posted by saintly96 saintly96 wrote:

I watched the Nitro Athletics. Great to see the athletes having a lot of fun. It was a fantastic format and was well supported by the IAAF.

I saw some of this saintly, very entertaining! ... T20 Athletics ... they are a bunch of show offs to start with, and this gives them a chance to play up to the fans and as you said, they are all having funBig smile ... better than watching tennis!!!Dead

I have no doubt that the format will take off globally!
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fiddlesticks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2017 at 10:05am
4 corners tonight looks an unmissable episode, I'll be making sure my better half is watching this one..
Go Flash Go View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Go Flash Go Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2017 at 8:05pm
Cool Runnings  ... it's one of those films Smile
Go Flash Go View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Go Flash Go Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2017 at 9:30pm
That was nice esp as a first viewing ....  it carried through to the end and very much recommend as an after races wind down film  Thumbs Up
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2122232425 54>